It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Newsvine Poll on Healthcare reform bill - 66.7% are angry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Yeah, I agree cap & trade should be poping up it's head soon. And since obama's tactics worked for strong arming health care in, he's going to do the same for c & t. It's going to be very interesting from here on, not good, but interesting.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Any MSNBC watchers out there? I was wondering how Chris Matthews or Olbermann spun the results of this poll..what are they chalking it up to?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
You know very well that now matter HOW this bill was created, made, passed, who it favored, how perfect it was... in America, where we flip out when people get our order wrong at a drive-thru, no bill is going to get a 50% + approval rating.. like.. ever.. EVER. It's impossible.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Wrong! I voted and I'm Canadian. The polling software is garbage, people from around the world could have put what they felt there. I would say these results are not accurate, and until they restrict the polling to US residents only, the conclusion is inaccurate.

Also, wouldn't the people that need government health care also be the people without internet, or the people that do not bother with news websites. Some people are uneducated, illiterate, inept, etc... and it genuinely could not be their fault. A fifth generation ghetto teen perhaps? (meaning their whole family has been poor and or stupid for a long time) It's not the kids fault. And now since they've been raised stupid they can't vote yay or nay on health care reform (because they don't know what msnbc is)(even though they might need it - not msnbc, health care).

Maybe you shouldn't have voted for a government that favored only the rich (coincidentally the ones that can afford health care) for so long and perhaps taken an approach that favors equality. Then everybody could afford private health care, and 900 billion in debt wouldn't be an issue.

There are probably over 100 million people in your country that can't afford health care (large lump sums) and would rather a couple of bucks taken from a paycheck to pay for the family's basic health needs.

I say this is a step forward for your people! Even though it might be a little late, and might get used against your for some global political agenda...lol
The concept is what's right and should have been in place long ago.

-Milton

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Glenn Beck also reached 3 million viewers.

This doesn't mean much....

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

That is 66.7% of the people who voted... not 66.7% of the American population.

The poll is useless because its a fact that when people get angry they become loud and more vocal and pro-active than those who are not angry.. That then creates lopsided polls.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Did you just post an internet poll as a source?

Shall I write a quick script to put 1 million votes in the "excited" category???

Uh huh, because a major news company like MSNBC has no idea how to secure their polls and keep out hackers.

Yes, I challenge you to write such a script and derail that poll. What's that? You can't? Of course you can't - because YOU IN PARTICULAR are all talk and no substance. Can you say "Baaaaaaahhhhh"? I knew you could.

Like I said, I'm from Canada, and my vote went through. I love your angry response to this person though, as if you know how everything works... good one man, good one

edit to add: I'll write a script to derail that poll right now.. lets see... www.msnbc.com - click on poll - answer poll - answer saved! - I'm not from your country and it still worked... this is a 100% legitimate poll.

Maybe them terrorizers from that there dry part of the world answered that there poll over the intranet machine a whole lot of times, just to send all ya'll infidels into a skizzy about the state of affairs... darn tootin' yeehaw

[edit on 23-3-2010 by awmilton]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Do you know how the internet works kozmo? Do you sometimes wonder why people think Americans are stupid? Maybe because of responses like this? I can keep saying things and putting question marks at the end if you like? Because any retort that is rhetorical makes you smarter? And means the other person is wrong? cute? question mark? kozmo?

?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
What, two out of three Americans are upset with the passage of Obama’s healthcare reform bill?

You think our representative government might be broken or something?

You feel it might be time to help the feds out, with an attitude adjustment?

[edit on 23-3-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by awmilton

I voted 10 times in a row just to verify it could be done...all you need to do is clear cookies.

If I cared at all about manipulating the results...I would fire up a macro recorder.

Ctrl+Shift+Del
Pause
"D"
Pause
Mouse click at x,y coord
Pause
"Enter"
Pause
Repeat

I don't know why people think this is hard...and this isn't even doing it through a script...just a macro. I have no desire to do it...cause I don't care and don't really pay attention to internet polls. But someone who is mad enough over this does have the motivation to manipulate internet polls.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Double Post

[edit on 23-3-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
oh, a poll, it must be credible!

me thinks MSNBC doesnt like healthcare....

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I agree with your post. EVERY internet poll is subject to multiple voters no matter how hard they try to prevent it.

If they log IP's, people with dialup can just disconnect and reconnect with a new IP. With DSL or Cable you can just change your MAC address and disconnect and reconnect and you have a new IP.

If they log via cookies, you just block or erase your cookies.

Using a simple tool like "AutoHotkey" you can record your actions and replay them (macros) and you can flood the polls and make them lopsided.

Never ever trust internet polls. I thought that was common knowledge already.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Never mind that many in the poverty level who approve of this bill are unable to vote because they have no internet access and have no way of hearing it.

You're hearing the voices of relatively well-off people in this, and nearly every other, internet poll.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowkhas
Never mind that many in the poverty level who approve of this bill are unable to vote because they have no internet access and have no way of hearing it.

You're hearing the voices of relatively well-off people in this, and nearly every other, internet poll.

I like the way this guy thinks... although I did state this already!!

People have to start thinking on a global level... Just because you and your friends, and co-workers an neighbors can afford this doesn't mean everyone else can. Think outside the box America!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I voted angry but I'm not as angry as I was yesterday. My insurance premiums already went up a whole lot. My brother's premiums already went up a whole lot. I figure the premiums will be going up a whole lot more. I believe I will have more limited choices on doctors as they are no longer accepting new patients. With more people visiting the doctor who don't need to see a doctor but just wanted to make sure they are ok, I will have to wait a whole lot longer to see a doctor and likely suffer more because of that. A number of people will go do something if it is free. I do not believe doctor visits should be free of charge. You're asking everyone to pay for all the hypochondriacs to visit the doctors as often as they like. I believe my premiums will likely go up even more due to there being no charge in the plan for preventative care visits to the doctor.

I heard earlier that social security taxes were increasing. Apparently Medicare taxes are increasing for those making past a certain high income. I'm not affected I believe. Before I got done reading about all of that, I heard the democrats are talking about a national sales tax to help out with social security and medicare. I know they want a cap and trade tax on businesses that will only get transferred to the consumer. My state's own Republican congressmen Lindsey Graham supports cap and trade. I will not vote for him. I will not vote for any democrat running for congress and I'm a registered democrat.

If the government had to expand health care, I would have liked it much better if the government had just created a public insurance plan for the poor or uninsured but ban companies from dropping existing insurance except in the case of avoiding bankruptcy. What is even worse is the government forcing this upon us. This is very un-American in my opinion. It's also the wrong time to raise taxes. Even if the new taxes aren't upon the middle class, the insurance companies have been and will continue raising premiums I believe to make all of us pay more to make up for losses due to the new health plan.

I noticed this poll did not have an option that simply stated they disagreed with the health care vote. I was angry but now I'm just hoping the amount I pay doesn't go up a whole lot more. Even though I just had something like a 20 to 25% insurance premium increase in January, I'm expecting more to come now. I will cut back my spending in other areas to make up for unknown expected cost increases now. I haven't had a pay increase for almost 2 years now. It's not a good time to raise costs for the middle class.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by orionthehunter]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I'm guessing 9 out of 10 people who responded to this query have read less than one paragraph regarding this whole healthcare debate. Not that this is unique to this topic. The vast majority of people, in the US anyway and probably elsewhere, are almost entirely uninformed about nearly everything.

Many people can't read. Many of those who can read can't do it very well. Many of those who can do it well rarely do it at all. Thus we have American Idol and the like.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunterWhat is even worse is the government forcing this upon us. This is very un-American in my opinion.
Thank Senators Wyden and Bennett. Democrats took the mandate proposal in order to make it more bipartisan, only to get beat up about it.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
3 pages of us arguing over whether or not the poll is authentic!

Either you agree or disagree with what has happened with this legislation in America's history, and move on!

Why put so much effort into proving if a poll can be hacked or not?

It is quite obvious to me that our opinions have no merit what so ever, whether it is an internet poll, or a primary, or a general election! We need to move forward and be progressive with the future and stop meandering within the details! At this point I feel that what happens in my country is either a result of the majority being misinformed and allowing this kind of legislation to pass or that, regardless of the numbers, the people in power are going to do as they please anyway. Both instances lead me to the same question.

What do we do about it now?

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Kevinquisitor]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Here's a poll for you guys. This forum is made up of all walks of life. Have you seen the board today? How many threads?

I would say 90% of ATS alone is upset with this whole thing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join