It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's partial birth abortion ban shot down by California Supreme Court Judge.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Who made you God, allowing you to kill as you see fit? Unwanted? Should have used self control if you did not "want" the child. Probably unwanted because the child would cramp your style, and that can't be tolerated in a society that worships self over anything else. Unplanned? That means you can kill it? Unhealthy? So, you suggest we kill unhealthy people?

Rationalize however you want, it comes down to being a selfish scum, placing the desires and conveniances of one's self over the life of one who should be most secure with its mother.

This is nothing more than a sign of the times and an indicator of our national depravity.

And what's wrong with that. Maybe you did use self-control maybe you didn't. Does it really matter. Some people just dont want children.
Maybe people don't want children because it would cramp their style, again whats wrong with that?
I know I dont want children and if there is a procedure that can fix that I am not afraid to use it.
There are lots of reasons why people don't want kids. Good for them there are too many anyways.
You make it sound like being self-centered and above the life of a fetus is a bad thing.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
REPEAT AFTER ME, no time in history has the idea of "right to choose" been confused with "right to murder". Only a twisted mind can tie that in with a right, constitutionally protected or not.

REPEAT AFTER ME, ABORTION IS NOTHING MORE THAN A HUMAN SACRIFICE TO THE GOD OF HUMANISM, WHICH IS THE SELFISH INDIVIDUAL.

Love to stick around and discuss this, but I have to go to work. Responsibility dictates it. My son needs new soccor shoes. He's cramped my style in an immature way, I suppose, but he is still a real gift from God.

link   
I really don't feel the issue here should be right or wrong. The issue is the fact that 2 elected bodies our house and our senate and our own president passed a bill banning this procedure. One judge in california has practically ended it and said its unconstitutional. How does this happen?

One of the guys here said oh that gives the people too much power. Our government was founded for the people by the people. Not for the judge by the judge. The judge is not even elected by the people they are appointed. How can one person go against the will of the entire congress and president. The people appointed our congress. One person who we will never know if their personal beliefs are part of the decision is the final say so in this. Please write your congressman about this is you feel this is wrong. Heres a link to make it easy.

www.house.gov...

Well I know the supreme court is just another set of the checks and balances but the way they have been deciding things lately just makes me sick. There has got to be a check and balance on them they do not need to be the final approving athority.

Oh and if you think partial birth is humane and is a given right go here and take a peek before you say anything else.

PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTION PHOTOGRAPHS
DON"T VIEW IF YOU CANNOT HANDLE VIEWING. EXTREMELY GRAPHIC, ACTUAL PHOTOGRAPHS. OF. ABORTED BABIES
www.partial-birth.com...

link   

Originally posted by ashley

And what's wrong with that. Maybe you did use self-control maybe you didn't. Does it really matter. Some people just dont want children.
Maybe people don't want children because it would cramp their style, again whats wrong with that?
I know I dont want children and if there is a procedure that can fix that I am not afraid to use it.
There are lots of reasons why people don't want kids. Good for them there are too many anyways.
You make it sound like being self-centered and above the life of a fetus is a bad thing.

It is statements such as this that *kills* the whole pro- choice argument, pardon the pun.

At the 24-28th week of pregnany just have IT, that is what adoption is for if it cramps the mothers style.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Ashley, darling, please....stop! This is no way helps the situation.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
REPEAT AFTER ME, no time in history has the idea of "right to choose" been confused with "right to murder". Only a twisted mind can tie that in with a right, constitutionally protected or not.

REPEAT AFTER ME, ABORTION IS NOTHING MORE THAN A HUMAN SACRIFICE TO THE GOD OF HUMANISM, WHICH IS THE SELFISH INDIVIDUAL.

Love to stick around and discuss this, but I have to go to work. Responsibility dictates it. My son needs new soccor shoes. He's cramped my style in an immature way, I suppose, but he is still a real gift from God.

I'll pray for you...............you need HELP

link   

Originally posted by Hoppinmad1
Not for the judge by the judge.

Well I know the supreme court is just another set of the checks and balances but the way they have been deciding things lately just makes me sick.

It is called judicial tyranny, which is happening too often today. It is the only branch of office that has a hard time being checked in the checks and balances theory. Judges are legislating from the bench.

link   

Originally posted by Venus

Thats good, I am glad bush was overruled. Bush was selected with a minority of the public behind him. Now he has even less support than that. I dont want him making any decisions for the majority of the country.
The minority should not be making decisions for the majority. Im glad this judge was paying attention and doing her job.
Bravo!

I'm still voting for BUSH..........try again

Good for you, I was just complimenting the judge on doing her job. She shouldn't bow down, she shouldn't let bush pressure her and she should do what the people want.
Bush is not very influential and not very powerful and she did what the people want.
She knows he'll be gone shortly, but the decisions made under his pressure will be around for a long time.
We agree on that. She did the right thing.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

PLEASE DON'T EVEN TRY TO LECTURE ME ON THIS ONE......YOU WILL LOOSE.
I am pro-choice..........I do not advocate murder......I fight for a woman right to choose and any restrictions placed on that, IMO, is constitutionally wrong. Let me give you a little education.

[Edited on 6/2/2004 by Venus]

well if she was thinking and not slutting around she wouldnt have gotten knocked up, her fault, her responsibility, suffer with it and deal with the mess she made.

its not unconstitutional to stop abortion, it is unconstitutional to deny LIFE for one, like i said suger coat it all you want but its still wrong, support the nazi agenda, it seems to be going that way, kill the deviants, the deficients, genetically engineer perfect babies, go on, but i wont be part of that future.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Good for you, I was just complimenting the judge on doing her job. She shouldn't bow down, she shouldn't let bush pressure her and she should do what the people want.
Bush is not very influential and not very powerful and she did what the people want.
She knows he'll be gone shortly, but the decisions made under his pressure will be around for a long time.
We agree on that. She did the right thing.

Sure, go to San Francisco for the far left agenda if you want rulings. I do not understand how this aspect of abortion could be defended. But then again NOW is defending the actions of the woman who refused a C-section because it would cause scarring(it cramped her style) resulting in the death of the baby.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

well if she was thinking and not slutting around she wouldnt have gotten knocked up, her fault, her responsibility, suffer with it and deal with the mess she made.

Namehere you are my friend but comments like that are uncalled for and kills this side of the argument.

A womans behavior, not unlike a man should never be an issue here.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by Narnia]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I used to be pro choice until I got slapped with logic......

I am totally agreeing with this bill... The kind of skull crushing, brain swirling, limb ripping while the baby is actually a baby in the second trimester is MURDER.

I had an abortion, 5 weeks from conceiving. If it was in the second trimester I would of kept it but because I found out early I had it done. I regret it now, at the time I was thinking i'm not ready, the dad's an ahole and i'm still young, and at the same time i didn't want to have it because I didn't want to give it away cuz i didn't want to face the pain and suffering... SELFISH!!

I was 17 at the time......... Dr Laura had a girl on last night who was 16 thought the same thing as me.........

"I want to have an abortion because I can't raise it, and I don't want to give it up for adoption because If I deliever it I want it and don't want to give it away so I would rather abort".........

Hear that logic??? That baby has to go through pain while it's getting pretty much tortured because the mom doesn't want to have to look in it's eyes and want it, and doesn't want to have to give it away if she has it... So it's all put on the baby. And yes it's a baby in the second trimestar. It's WRONG. It's murder, it feels, it's human...

Dr.Laura made a good point last night...
She said, notice how when your in a car driving you get pissed at people who drive slow, you swear at them ect... But when you look in their eyes you see that they are human like you and you feel more compassion... ?

That girl is going to have it and give it up for adoption... Theres millions of people who want to adopt from these kids who are unfit... And these unfit kids and denying their babies a healthy happy home for their own selfish reasons so they kill it...

Nice logic.

btw, this bill isn't supposed to cut off abortion rights totally, just the really sick inhumane one, anybody that can protect this #in sick. And don't justify it with women's right..

Yeah it's a woman's right to choose, but it's also a woman's right to give it up for adoption for the good of the baby and not yourself, its your duty as a human being to have compassion and respect for other human life, not kill it because it suits your wants better... Get overself...

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Repeat after me......RIGHT TO CHOOSE. It's that simple folks. Just leave it up to the women...ok? It's so simple to say "it's murder". Have any of you EVER been preganant? Faced with having to raise a child? I have two and all the parents out there will say the same thing " I love my kids and I'd do it again...without question". I feel that way too. I am not saying that all preganancies should end in abortion. I am just saying leave it up to the pregnant woman. She is the one who has the cross to bear and has to live with the decision....NOT YOU.

You might want to defend the unborn, helpless child and I can respect that. What I don't respect is the mothers who go ahead and give birth then either abuse the children or let someone else take the burden of raising them. 2,426,730 GRANDPARENTS are raising their grandchildren in the USA.

you know what? life is hard, abortion is a lazy solution and its not acceptable.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarniaNamehere you are my friend but comments like that are uncalled for and kills this side of the argument.

A womans behavior, not unlike a man should never be an issue here.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by Narnia]

no its true, if you go getting drunk and do that, it is the womans fault, its their choice to get drunk, im not sorry for saying that, harsh? yes but i believe it.

i know how women tease and use their body, those types are at fault for what they do, its not men that do it all.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by namehere]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

no its true, if you go getting drunk and do that, it is the womans fault, its their choice to get drunk, im not sorry for saying that, harsh? yes but i believe it.

Oh and what of the actions of the man? Your logic is faulty and with attitudes like that gives my side of the argument a bad name.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Here's some logic for you pro choicer's:

Teenage girl goes out with her b/f gets toasted, rips her pants off and jumps on top of her b/f dick. Boyfriend decides he can't hold so blows his load ... Both have decided no condom should be present... Both realise they made a poor choice and thus get knocked up...

Blunt yes.. but truth my friends... truth be told.

So she says #, I don't want a baby let's abort it.
Reasons?

Too young
Too immature
Can't take care of it, too much work
The dad's just as stupid as I am
We can't take care of it

Those are petty excuses..........

Here's some real logic:

Can't take care of it, someone out there could there's millions of people wanting to adopt because they can't have a baby.

It's not my right to kill another human life- Adoption.........

It's not my right to kill another human life because i'm too lazy to work hard to take care of it ----Adoption

The baby's dad and I are too lazy, too young, too immature to take care of it----Adoption.

Get it???

Just because a woman can't take care of it doesn't give her the right to kill it, put it up for adoption!!

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Narnia
Oh and what of the actions of the man? Your logic is faulty and with attitudes like that gives my side of the argument a bad name.

no, the woman was dumb enough to do it, its not the man who chose to get her drunk, a persons action is their responsibility, women fault everythng to men, its not all our doing.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Too young
Too immature
Can't take care of it, too much work
The dad's just as stupid as I am
We can't take care of it

the one i hate is "i dont want a disabled child" or similar, that one really pisses me off.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Ah, so now women can get pregnant without a man?
A woman is as much responsible as a man for getting pregnant. What are you going on about.
A woman is a slut, but of course, not the men with whom she sleeps. Right.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

Ah, so now women can get pregnant without a man?
A woman is as much responsible as a man for getting pregnant. What are you going on about.
A woman is a slut, but of course, not the men with whom she sleeps. Right.

no, if you read you'd see i said its not all the mans fault, if the woman is the slut type or just acts stupid and does that then it is her fault.

i didnt infer all women are that way, dont twist my words

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join