It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Federal laws do not prohibit private ownership of fully automatic (machine guns) weapons. They can be obtained from an authorized Class 3 dealer by filling out a ATF Form 4 and paying a $200 tax stamp (in addition, of course, to the price of the weapon). Silencers can also be obtained in this manner. So can a variety of other Class 3 weapons. Certain states, however, such as California, have state laws which prohibit the ownership of Class 3 weapons. But the statement that "machine guns have been banned" is incorrect.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Are you saying that I can go and buy a brand new MAC-10 Ingram or MAC-11, cause if that is true I wanna get me a semi auto 9MM!

I don't wan't fully auto cause that's a waste of bullets.

My friend John has a Tommy Gun and he let me shoot it and it was very thrilling to have all that power in your hands!

I shot 25 rounds! 45acp.

I just want a gun for target practice and I wanna do competitions cause I'm a marksman!

I have a friend in England who goes shooting birds with his shotgun!

That doesn't sound like they took his guns away.

He has them licensed and registered and insured and so does my brother in law in Canada.

I see nothing wrong with mandatory licensing and registration and Insurance for gun owners.

I think that weapons like firearms should be regulated like cars and trucks.

I think that people should take mandatory gun safety courses before getting a gun license and maybe some anger management or situation tolerance course to avoid shootouts and misunderstanding and violence.

My concerns for this topic I started here was to voice my concern for a loss of rights and civil liberties that have been disappearing since that whack job Ronald Reagan came to power and made the USA take a turn towards a Taliban-like Nazi-ish repressive nation.

It's just like there has been some kind of political conspiracy to turn America into a Authoritarian Society like Nazi Germany or the former USSR!

And when Congress passes a new law the Supreme Court goes OK! and Rubber Stamps it in spite of it being unconstituional.

And what about the last election where Bush won more states than Gore, even though Gore won the Popular Vote.

What happened to the One man One Vote principle?

Isn't the Electoral College a violation of that?

America is headed into an Abyss in the future.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason

Whatever...fact is Guns are necessary for the security of a free state.

Fact or opinion?

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Great argument, thanks.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Fact clandestine, care to not interject with your own opinions?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Oooo.................
I just love Dennis Miller on CNBC!

He is a supercool dude baby!

groups.yahoo.com...

groups.yahoo.com...

[edit on 6-6-2004 by Supercool]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Fact clandestine, care to not interject with your own opinions?

I thought I'd already made my position clear.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Supercool
So if you steal a slice of pizza on monday and a bicycle on wednesday and a stereo on friday and they convict you, you get life imprisonment with no release date!

Very true. I will let KayEm know about this thread and she can tell a story of one of her childhood friends who was subjected to just this 'three strikes' crap.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
very interesting discussion, couple points though.
1 THE FORFITURE ACT - your property can oly be impounded seized if the prosecution can prove 1 of 2 criteria
1)the property was purchased with funds gaind from illicit/illeagal activity
2 )the property in question was used in the comission of a crime.

2 THE ELCTORAL COLLEGE - the united states is a represtative republic not a democracy in other words the people don't make the desicions by voting they choose the people who make the descisions by voting

3 THE SECOND AMMENDMENT - the use of the word millitia was used (IMO) in the crafting of the second ammendment to signify non governmental (civillian) troops. The national guard does not apply becuase the nationl guard is under the command of the govenors of each state. the founding fathers had just undergone a rebellion against a sitting government and wnted to signify that the citizenry had a right to keep arms for the purpose of being able to defend themselves FROM THIER OWN GOVERNMENT as they had done.

4 THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR - I keep seeing british posters saying that the americans only won the revolutionary war as a result of french involvement/other rebellions/the btitish didn't care etc. Though there is some truth to this the british government attempted to retake "the colonies" in the war of 1812 and filed a SECOND time. Yes guns were a major factor as the most effective U.S. units were millitiamen who used ambuse tactics to harass nd hit and run the british.

thats my .02

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yes! This discussion has proven very interesting and entertaining as well!

I am very impressed with peoples concern for our country and our rights, Freedoms and priveliges.

It is very timely that this discussion takes place amongst the backdrop of the funeral of Ronald Wilson Reagan the 40th President of the USA.

I have seen on "60 Minutes" on CBS TV and the Alabama State Police seized a womans car although she had no drugs and tested clean!

It was confiscated without a trial or hearing and after that, the court ruled that they have to have a hearing after confiscation to get their property back!

This is a violation of the Constitution that says that a man may not be deprived of Life, Liberty or Property without a fair trial!

I'll have to get back to you guys on the rest of this discussion!

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The "three strikes and you're out" law deals with FELONIES, not MISDEAMEANORS. So, stealing a pizza won't count against you there. Now, for example, if you rape a woman, then kill her and her boyfriend... there's three felonies right there. And you should be in jail for the rest of your life for mutiple felonies, especially since most felonies are violent crimes...

...and, if people got the punishment they're supposed to get for the crimes they committed, that law wouldn't have even been neccessary. Whoever heard of getting 10 years and getting out early with parole for murder?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
4 THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR - I keep seeing british posters saying that the americans only won the revolutionary war as a result of french involvement/other rebellions/the btitish didn't care etc. Though there is some truth to this the british government attempted to retake "the colonies" in the war of 1812 and filed a SECOND time. Yes guns were a major factor as the most effective U.S. units were millitiamen who used ambuse tactics to harass nd hit and run the british.
thats my .02

A history lesson

America Invaided Canada. It wasn't the British trying to take back anything. They were to busy fighting a little war with France, some little guy named Napoleon. The Americans saw this as an opertunity to rid the continet of Britain. The offensive actions of America failed in every attempt to capture Canada. The British (I use this term losely because there were very few British Troops. Mostly Canadian Milita Men and Indians) were successful in burning down part of the White House and Capitol....
If you want I could explain in greater detail the battles won and lost.
America could call it a stalemate at best, it was by far not a victory.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by zero_snaz]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
It always surprises me how they british always claim they Gave up america. It either makes them liars or just plain stupid. either way I guess what there trying to say is America was a "sour grape"

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I thought they lost the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812?

Two defeats doesn't sound much like abandoning America.

It rather sounds like they were kicked out!

But with all apologies due to our modern British Cousins......

They make excellent Allies!

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Supercool
I thought they lost the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812?

Did you read my post? Do you know anything about the War of 1812? You better not think WWII started in 1941
The British lost the Revolutionary war, thats why the United States of America exist. The War of 1812 was the United States of America trying to drive the British out of the rest of North America. The British still had Upper and Lower Canada, the Maritime Provinces. In order for the United States to claim the War of 1812 a victory Canada would have been the States. The American troops were fighting more rag-tag Canadians and Indians then British Troops. Stalemate at best.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
zero_snaz you have no clue about what you're talking about, I hope people don't listen to you as an educator.

Obviously the War of 1812 began because of British impression of US sailors into the British Navy to help them fight the Napoleonic Wars. This was a conflict of US Sovereignity and so war began. Even though Andrew Jackson's victory over the British forces in Louisiana came about a month after the peace was already signed, it proves that had America had REAL ambitions in Canada we would have eventually conquered.

The war did not begin for any ambitions, so no ambitions were carried out, the attempt to take Canada was more of an off-the-cuff see if it could be done thing at best.

Someone grab a history book and explain the particulars, main point is the reality of the war had nothing to do with Canada so saying we "invaded" it is pointless. Canada was a part of Britain and so when war was declared, it was fair game.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
you cant blame a brit for not liking recent history I mean after all in the last 200 years Britan went from having America as a colony to being Americas prison Bit*h

dom

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
FreeMason, perhaps you're the one that needs to read a little history...

ccv.northwestcompany.com...

Looks like those US citizens being forced to fight for the RN were probably British sailors who deserted while in port. They went to an American official and were declared citizens of the US, but if the RN caught up with them they were charged with desertion, sometimes hung, but more usually kept as sailors and locked up when in port to stop them running away again. That's all a result of the RN recruitment practices which are known to have been particularly cheeky (ie stealing men at port-side brothels and pubs in the UK and shipping them off to become sailors).

Anyway, sounds to me like US vs. Canada 1812 was a non-event for most of the major powers.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
and, if people got the punishment they're supposed to get for the crimes they committed, that law wouldn't have even been neccessary. Whoever heard of getting 10 years and getting out early with parole for murder?

The man who killed my father only did 9 years. He is now free to come and kill me or anyother members of my family. This guy planed on killing my father. Yet here he is walking around free. It took me 10 years just to remember what my Dad looked like. By the time i remembered this guy was walking around free. This is just plane wrong!

The problem is that when you kill someone you should be in jail for life. Not 10 or 20 years , but your whole life. You should die in jail. Not released to do it all over again!

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sistinas
and, if people got the punishment they're supposed to get for the crimes they committed, that law wouldn't have even been neccessary. Whoever heard of getting 10 years and getting out early with parole for murder?

The man who killed my father only did 9 years. He is now free to come and kill me or anyother members of my family. This guy planed on killing my father. Yet here he is walking around free. It took me 10 years just to remember what my Dad looked like. By the time i remembered this guy was walking around free. This is just plane wrong!

The problem is that when you kill someone you should be in jail for life. Not 10 or 20 years , but your whole life. You should die in jail. Not released to do it all over again!

Perhaps you should do a little something to ensure the wellbeing of you and your family.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I was taught in Grade school that the War of 1812 could have been avoided had there been a Telegraph or Telephone or Radio between England and the USA.

I was told that British ships drafted American men to fight for England.

This led to the USA declaring war and the British invasion.

What you are referring to is the French-Indian War in which Canada won due to American apathy.

Washington couldn't get his people to fight for Canada.

[edit on 11-6-2004 by Supercool]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join