It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone think the constitution needs changing? I mean how old is it, same with all these computer misuse acts, they were formed when computers first came out. Laws in America need updating, does anyone agree?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I dont own a gun(yet) but when I do im not going to threaten people or show it off. Its for personal protection for myself and my family. And the whole constitutional thing? I bet that the constitution wont exist after a while. I have gotten into some minor and i mean minor offences a couple of years ago when I was 17-18 in colorado. I had police always watching my street and "following" me. But I didnt care. For instance a friend and I were coming back from mcdonalds about 3 blocks from his house. It was about 9pm or so. I saw a cop drive by and glance at me. Not even 30 sec. later 3 cop cars had their lights and on and stop my friend and I and asked me "what I was doing" I showed him the cup and said" coming back from mcdonalds and going to my friends house." The cop said I better watch myself......????? I didnt understand that. But just to express my point that the cops are starting to get out of controll and powerhungry.

The movie that coming out is 9/11 something or something 9/11. You can watch the trailer at quicktime.com It showed a clip of a senator or congreeman that said "we dont even read the bills" and it was about the Patriot Act!!!!! I going to see this movie. I think that a lot of ATS members are going to see this movie.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
FreeMason Can you explain your statement? "it proves that had America had REAL ambitions in Canada we would have eventually conquered."
Do you mean to say that because they won this single battle, they could have taken Canada?

Both the French and British captured American ships, and the British forced deserters who went to the USA to fight again. Using the infringment of infringement of neutral rights is a poor excuse for the real desire that the frontiersmen had for more free land.
America declared her neutrality in 1793 in the Napoleonic War between France and Britain. America trading with French Colonies and trading with france was ruled to be in violation of the Nutrality Rule of 1756. In the eyes of the British a nutral ship going from an enemy colonial port to an enemy mainland port is not being nutral. Neither was it nutral to try to aviod that by making a token stop in a nutral port.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Every citizen has the right to overthrow the Government. It is guarenteed in the constitution and the bill of rights. You have this right every four years, and if you dont vote then you have no right to complain about the government you are given.

You dont like the Patriot act..? Neither do I. I am organizing people to vote in the coming elections, and so should anyone else concerned with their personal liberties and rights. what are you doing to fight back?

as far as the Constitution, it is a document that restricts the acts and liberties of Government, not the citizen. It sets limits on the Authority that the citizen grants the Government in return for a stable society. The second ammendment is a restriction placed upon the Government, that each citizen can arm themselves to protect their homestead, as well as prevent a government from creating unrestricted martial law.
Our courts are far too soft on gun crime, that is the crux of this issue. If criminals that used guns were to sentenced to pave highways and fix potholes in the desert southwest for 15 years mandatory, gun crime would drop overnight. If you kill another human being without due cause, its life sentence. no parole, its hard labor for life.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
A year ago I was stopped by a Police blockade here in the Bronx and I was tested for drugs & alcohol and I passed but that Sumb!tch hit me for no seatbelts!

I hate seatbelts!

If I get into a car accident I want the right to be thrown clear of the wreckage!

I do not believe in excessive sentences or trying a man twice!

Sentenceing a man to life for a felony of stealing a slice of pizza!

The punishment should fit the crime.

They tried Terry Nichols Twice.

That is double Jeapordy!

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
UHHH what ws this thread about again? Cause I think maybe we've lost track.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Hi!,

This thread is about the changes that America has undergone since that creep Ronald Wilson Reagan took office!

1 They can stop all traffic and erect roadblocks to check for Drunk or Drugged Drivers and fine unseatbelted people like me!

2 They can sieze your property, your house, your car, your business and impoverish you.

3 They can throw you in Prison for life for stealing a slice of Pizza a 3rd time!

there is more of this so I suggest that you reread this thread.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Supercool everything you said in your last post is factually incorrect are you aware of that.?

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
OK! You just said I am completely wrong!

Wrong!

1 I was watching CBS NEWS and 60 Minutes and a man commited his 3rd felony for stealing a slice of Pizza in the State of California!

He is now in jail for life with no parole!

Call up CBS NEWS and ask them!

The Supreme Court already ruled they can!

2 A year ago I was stopped at a roadblock and checked for Alcohol & Drugs and I was fined 100 dollars for no seat belts!

The Supreme Court already ruled that the Police can do that!

3 They have siezed Autos Boats and Homes from people for smoking Cannibis!

Ignorant people like you are conspiring into turning our America into a an Authoritarian Police State where Police have extremely broad powers to get drug users and Terrorists!

This is a violation of our Constitutional rights!

The laws that work for us must be for all of us and not exempted for drug users and Terrorists or they have no meaning!

Did you ever see Star Trek in 1967?

Captain Kirk gave a speech about the laws of the Constitution being for all the people, not just for Americans!

Did you see it?

It was called "The Omega Glory"!

sttos.epguides.info...

[edit on 18-6-2004 by Supercool]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I agree about the seatbelt law. Make people strap in their kids, but once you're an adult it should be a personal choice.

As far as stealing... how 'bout if people stop doing it? If you're going to keep on and keep on and keep on then you're a problem to society and something's got to be done. If a few busts won't make you behave, then something harsh has to be dealt out to you, or the person can STOP STEALING AND COMMITTING CRIMES.

I don't mind DUI setups because drunks need to be off the road before they kill someone. Period.

I believe marijuana should be legalized, but until it is there's a price to pay for having it/selling it/distributing it/using it. So don't. It's just pot. It's not necessary to survival.

Maybe the people need to change along with the constitution or laws. I can't see making things easier for those who are a drain on society due to their inappropriate behavior.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Might as well legalise it and tax it.

Just saying no didn't work!

Regarding Justice, I believe the punishment should fit the Crime!

The US Constitution forbids excessive sentencing!

It is cruel and unusual punishment.

Human behavior is that 99 per cent of the population has some form of Kleptomania!

They can lock up Mafia and Gangsters for life for racketeering and Murder.

But life for a slice of Pizza is unjust!

If you steal pizza, make him clean up the sides of highways for punishment for a year!

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Supercool drug use has gone down greatly since the "war" on Drugs.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well, I'm 49 years old and it seems to be about the same as 40 years ago!

So in my eyes it is just not true!

I wish it were true.

They have probably manipulated the figures to make it look like they are doing good.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osmosis
Doesn't anyone think the constitution needs changing? I mean how old is it, same with all these computer misuse acts, they were formed when computers first came out. Laws in America need updating, does anyone agree?

If you mean the U.S. Code -- all the laws that the U.S. Congress passes -- needs updating, then YES, I agree with you completely. The U.S. Code gets updated slowly from generation to generation, and with all the modern technology we have now, they're just now getting around to updating all the laws on the books.

If you mean the actual U.S. Constitution, then NO -- the U.S. Constitution is perfect as a framework just the way it is. Just remember this analogy -- if the U.S. was a house, then the U.S. Constitution is the foundation of the house -- the U.S. Code is the rest of the house.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Supercool
Well, I'm 49 years old and it seems to be about the same as 40 years ago!

So in my eyes it is just not true!

I wish it were true.

They have probably manipulated the figures to make it look like they are doing good.

It's gone down a lot in the past 40 years, that's like saying "well those Jews all look like they are rich so let's kill them all!"

Are you really enjoying following the logic of Nazis?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join