It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Illusionary Tail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hello, I am the illusion. I am expressing my individuality through experience. I am also expressing myself through you. You are the illusion. You do not exist and neither do I.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by onequestion]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
If we are an illusion, how is this illusion created? I'll play along with this for the heck of it.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Sounds like the observer and the observed. Been reading some Vedic translations lately? Hehe. Would like to know your take on the experience though. Why would an infinite ego-less being choose to split itself into billions of egos to interact with itself? Seems like a futile experiment.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by crazyinthemiddle]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Who is the illusion being presented to? Are we illusory to ourselves? What does exist? An underlying entityless entity?

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyinthemiddle
Sounds like the observer and the observed. Been reading some Vedic translations lately? Hehe. Would like to know your take on the experience though. Why would an infinite ego-less being choose to split itself into billions of egos to interact with itself? Seems like a futile experiment.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by crazyinthemiddle]

To escape the darkness, the negativity, the chaos. It's an on going struggle but a struggle that has spawned great complexities like you and me.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Experience begets understanding. You do not judge that which you understand.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

We can only truly judge that which we understand;; all else is bad judgment.

But, no, man, what are you on about? I don't mean that in a "wtf" way, I mean it in an inquiring way. Like every fifth thread I reply to, you are not making any sort of arguments; just claims that make no sense in the vacuum we receive them in.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

I suppose eternity by yourself would be rather boring and you would come up with ways to entertain yourself. I just wonder about the whole "free yourself from the cycle of reincarnation" of buddhism and other similiar religions. Does that mean that some omniscient part of the whole is still out there overlooking things? And if even more divisions are being made everyday (increase in population) how could it be possible to break the cycle and go back to the source? It's akin to bailing out a sinking ship.

However, I do appreciate and find Buddhism and Hiduism much more appealing than most "western" religions.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Experience begets understanding. You do not judge that which you understand.

If we do not judge what we don't understand, how can we experience anything? Even right out of the womb we see a being and just assume it's our mother. That is ultimately judging, isn't it?

We judge everything, regardless of what we know. Judge-->Experience-->Know.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
we are part of the sims v10

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

you are aware then you exist, it is of certainty fact results, actually your existence is reduced to that simple fact of your awareness

you say so many unlogical things, if you must do things to consider yourself existin those thinsg cannot be existing then so who is to consider you existing? and if noone but yourself consider you existing then you cannot claim that you have to do thing to be existing

new topics

top topics

join