It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please read-just happened-Northern Virginia

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm just wondering why someone would experience something so fantastical and NOT talk t others that had the same experience.

I myself this weekend was standing in my kitchen with my son and boyfriend in the front of me, while I felt someone to the back of me yank my shirt downward, I paused for a moment to comprehend what I had felt and then said to them, "did you see/feel anything". But the point is, I ASKED bystanders.

Their response was "NO". I told them, what I felt. By the by, we believe this house to be haunted, but only when said entities feel frisky.........it's way too random, to say "HAUNTED".

Okay, long story short, why did this person just leave the scene instead of getting feedback from the woman whom felt it too?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
It is my belief that the OP was exposed to Homeland Security's
New flash weapon called the LED Incapacitor. This video of
the weapon was produced back in 2008 and since ur proximation
to Quantico would seem plausible. The wump sound u heard
may have been from an upgrade to this device for riot suppression.
They may have been testing it around Quantico when u guys
showed up.

The effects u mention are also in this fox video.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hungrydirt
As I sit here contemplating what, the only man-made event that I could see influencing this at all is the fact that for seemingly the last three to four weeks, there has been some incredibly loud annoying munitions testing going on at Quantico, which even though this article comes from Fairfax county, I can hear it all the way out in Fauquier, as can many of my annoyed neighbors.

Link

Some kind of weapons testing maybe?

This is truly one of the strangest things that has ever happened to me, and I feel a bit lost.

I cannot speak for your particular case, but there is quite a bit of weapons testing in NoVa. However, if it is general MIL testing, it will be strictly confined to the range. Accidents do happen however, even with conventional weaponry, so it MIGHT be a possible explanation as to what happened to you.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I couldnt be more certain it was an electromagnetic pulse. As your nervous system and brain works by neuron impulse (body's electricity) it can be effected by outside sources.

Such is why when you get electrocuted you can "see the light" and "life flash before your eyes", neurons in your brain firing (activated).

If you were wearing a watch/cell phone it should have been effected, though theres *stories* of biological only/technology only (probably just sci-fi though).

Headaches, nausea etc will go away eventually... with magnetic therapy you feel the same way (reportedly, I dont know by personal experience), wouldnt recommend getting it, not wise to # with something you dont understand

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hungrydirt

Just wanted to add that this also happened to my step father last week. Saw a bright flash of light then went blind for approx 15min.

Pretty sure it's unrelated to the OP's experience as it was a differnet day and they live in NS Canada. But could possibly be the same tech that caused it.

He does work under LED lights quite a bit but unsure if there is a connection or not.

Interesting none the less

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fringle

Just wanted to add that this also happened to my step father last week. Saw a bright flash of light then went blind for approx 15min.

Pretty sure it's unrelated to the OP's experience as it was a differnet day and they live in NS Canada. But could possibly be the same tech that caused it.

He does work under LED lights quite a bit but unsure if there is a connection or not.

DId your step father seek medical attention? I know that if I experienced blindness for any length of time, I would be in the ER ASAP.

I continue to be amazed by the responses here. While it is interesting to read the different theories, and learn about the different technologies out there, I have to ask myself this: If someone came up to me and said; "I just saw two bright flashes of light, was temporarily blind and now I have a headache, nausea and my eyes won't adjust right!" I would be thinking that this person has suffered an anyeurism and is now experiencing the progessive physical affects of intracranial pressure. They need emergency medical attention!!! You know, sometimes the most obvious, less radical explanation is the most accurate.

If anyone ever experiences these symptoms, please don't spend too much time speulating what it may be. Seek medical care.

The OP has not been around since their last post describing the progressive symptoms. I really hope they are okay. If you are still reading the thread, please let us know you are okay!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

DId your step father seek medical attention? I know that if I experienced blindness for any length of time, I would be in the ER ASAP.

I continue to be amazed by the responses here. While it is interesting to read the different theories, and learn about the different technologies out there, I have to ask myself this: If someone came up to me and said; "I just saw two bright flashes of light, was temporarily blind and now I have a headache, nausea and my eyes won't adjust right!" I would be thinking that this person has suffered an anyeurism and is now experiencing the progessive physical affects of intracranial pressure. They need emergency medical attention!!! You know, sometimes the most obvious, less radical explanation is the most accurate.

If anyone ever experiences these symptoms, please don't spend too much time speulating what it may be. Seek medical care.

The OP has not been around since their last post describing the progressive symptoms. I really hope they are okay. If you are still reading the thread, please let us know you are okay!

He did seek medical attention and was told it was a slient migraine. He is also having a scan done on his neck and the back of his head within the next week to be sure it wasn't aneurysm. He did have a slight headache afterwards but stated it was mild but also couldn't remember if he had a headache before hand or not.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Fringle]

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Fringle]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Fringle

Thank you for answering! I am glad that he is being checked and followed.

I am not trying to discount anyone elses ideas or claims, just that I get concerned when someone might potentially end up with a very serious condition and not get the proper help they need because they are looking in the wrong place.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Not a problem. That was the first thing I though of aswell but I also like to look for alternative theroies since he himself wasn't happy with the dr's response of a slient migraine.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Heard a very big boom between 10 - 11am but nothing else.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

May I ask where in NS this happened? I live here and am interested in any incidents that occur locally.

What type of work does he do?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The National Weather Service released this statement at 11:17pm Sunday:

Numerous reports have been called in to this office and into local law enforcement concerning what appeared to be flashes of light in the sky over the Suffolk/Virginia Beach area. We are confident in saying that this was not lightning...and have been in contact with military and other government agencies to determine the cause. So far...we have not seen or heard of

The light was visible over a wide swath of the east coast. It was coming from 180 miles above earth.

It was a four-stage Black Brant suborbital sounding rocket creating the flash of light and shimmering dust in the skies over Philadelphia and most of the mid-Atlantic.

NASA spokesman Keith Koehler says it was part of an experiment to study noctilucent clouds -- the highest clouds in Earth's atmosphere:

“Typically they form in northern latitudes so you don't see them very often and they don't know a whole lot about them so the idea was to form this artificial cloud and then relate that to the actual clouds.”

PA, February 2010 - flash of greenish blueish light lasting few seconds, happens 2 to 3 times sporadically every couple months. MUFON Case # 22350.

It's happened a few times, I usually forget after it happens, kinda like a dream? I guess is the best way to describe it.

But I reported to Roger Marsh that I had seen a flash of blueish greenish light in the sky.

It illuminates the sky for not even a couple of seconds, it can repeat, but there is no consistency to how it occurs. The one night I reported it may have been the forth or fifth time it has happened.

Now it occurs late at night, and no noise is apparent. Just a flashing light, not concentrated in one area, just seemed to brighten the whole sky. I have no idea what it was, and have even forgotten about it, but the last time i saw it, I googled it and that is my story at this time.

See this too

farshores.org...

Hope that helps. Similar experiences just not quite in your area. I used to live in Fairfax and never saw anything like that.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone; my vision has for all intents and purposes returned to normal. I was pretty straight forward with the general practitioner about what I experienced; he told me the only kind of natural phenomena that would have effected me in that way would have been lightning, positing that lightning hit something in the field (on a cloudless day, which just doesn't make sense to me).

Thanks for the accounts of similar events, I am in the process of making contact with the other people who witnessed it.

As for the people questioning why I didn't stay behind, I have explained myself a million times over. This wasn't something trivial like my kid pulling the back of my shirt down. I was literally blinded by something, natural or not, and I was freaked out beyond all comprehension. Sure are alot of cowboys 'round these parts.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by hungrydirt]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Hey, I completely understand your not sticking around or asking people about it. I wouldn't have, either. The people who can't get past that just aren't able to understand that every person is an individual and that we don't all respond to stimuli in the same way.

I would wait long enough for my vision to return a bit, and then I'd have gotten out of there, fast. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac, and a lot reclusive/anti-social. I think I would've responded in a very similar way, in that I would've been sure I was dying, and then when it didn't seem like a rupturing aneurysm anymore, I would assume something else horrible, like nuclear attack, and would then, of course, try and get away as fast as possible.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hungrydirt
Hello all. This particular sub-forum is not my style, but I am completely perplexed by what happened to me forty five minutes ago. Standing at an...
[edit on 20-3-2010 by hungrydirt]

Did you notice any strange or even familiar smells?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Glad to see you back...and sounds like things are checking out ok...hope that continues.

Also hope you find your answers...good luck.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Have you seen the tv series "Flash Forward" ?
abc.go.com...

I always wondered what secret weapon the cabal was bragging about with this tv show. Maybe they were testing it in your area.

HAARP also comes to mind.
www.haarp.alaska.edu...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I've read a great deal about experimental 'alternative' weapons tested at Quantico, many from altitude.

Cassanova is pretty close to Q-town.

I live in Fauquier and have experienced plenty of gov't sponsored strangeness.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join