It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please read-just happened-Northern Virginia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
It still doesn't seem to late to go back to the estate sale and start asking people if it happened to them too. Maybe you could even find the people you saw around you at the time. Or go to the local police department near the estate sale...or closest hospital.

That is the only way you are going to find information...no one here will be able to tell you what happened. And I wouldn't wait any longer...the longer you wait, the less likely you will be able to find people who experienced it.

I'm confused as well as why you just left without talking to the other people.

See the above post. I am looking for people on a website that have experienced something similar. I'm not conducting a situational expose to sate your confusion. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
If I'm reading your account correctly, it also seems that the women were affected to a greater degree than the men present in the group.

That is very strange, especially if this were the result of a purely physical event.

This thought crossed my mind earlier, as well. Thanks for pointing it out. I wish I had an omniscient view of the situation to see if the mother and wife were looking up at the sky as well, and the three other men in the area were not.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hungrydirt

Ok...no reason to get defensive about it.

But you could find a million people that have experienced a "similar" situation and it would still not explain what happened in your unique situation. You have a logical source of information that you are choosing to ignore though...and like it or not...that is confusing to me.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I am not going to go back at your behest, for reasons which would seem snobbish to you, I'm sure. Nor will I go prattling around the scene asking random people if they have seen a "flash of light", nevermind the fact that it's safe to assume that the people that were there several hours ago have gone. Thanks for the pretentiousness. I knew this was an absolute mistake in trying to garner anything positive or productive from this forum.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Sounds far fetched, but Milkmustache is thinking, what about an Electromagnetic pulse? Did you notice if your electronics worked? I guess your car wouldn't have started though, Milkmustache fails again. I wish I could help, maybe something to do with a solar flare type ejection? I know very little about solar flares, CME's.

I hope the child was okay.

Milkmustache thinks someone flash banged everyone and made off with some goods, threw in a second to make sure they got y'all good. Ya that's what Milkmustache thinks.

I think I would react the same way you did honestly, make sure I'm okay and get the hell out of there. Not knowing what it was, i wouldn't want to be around if it happened again. I know this is probably irrelevant, or possibly already answered, but could you determine the color of the flash?

[edit on 20-3-2010 by milkmustache]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Interesting that people would think that it could be some kind of crowd control device, especially given that the Tea Party is gathering in DC just north of you as we speak. It would be even more interesting if anyone there has experienced a similar phenomenon.

MilkMustache, you should catch the next shuttle back to earth. Referring to yourself in the third person is a classic symptom of space sickness.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by AwakeinNM]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I am not going to go back at your behest, for reasons which would seem snobbish to you, I'm sure. Nor will I go prattling around the scene asking random people if they have seen a "flash of light", nevermind the fact that it's safe to assume that the people that were there several hours ago have gone. Thanks for the pretentiousness. I knew this was an absolute mistake in trying to garner anything positive or productive from this forum.

Hardly ever a Skeptic from the get go. Always start with an open mind.
Not this time. Something isn't right with your story. Your account of what happened is more unbelievable than what happened. You didn't even
get up and say, are you ok? Did you see that? You just stumbled to your car and left? Not buy'in it.

I would also like to no what reason you have for doubting this forum?
This site is realied upon by every member who spends anytime here at all as a the largest source of information any one could possibly need.
I suggest you know nothing of ATS, to say such a thing . BYE.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Interesting that people would think that it could be some kind of crowd control device, especially given that the Tea Party is gathering in DC just north of you as we speak. It would be even more interesting if anyone there has experienced a similar phenomenon.

Exactly! The entire point of this thread was to see if anyone around the DC/NoVA area has experienced anything comparable to what I have recently. The fact that some intense testing at Quantico has been underway for several weeks now already has a large amount of people on edge.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well,the first thing a individual should do when something like this transpires is look for the obvious.

Outside on a clear day at a estate sale.

Many old items on display in small groups.

Only 3 people in a localized area seem to be affected.

Nobody else nearby observed the phenomena.

Hmmm,was there a dresser or night stand with a MIRROR on display?

It is the most logical explanation.

You just happened to be in the optimum position as the sun moved across the sky and the light was reflected off a mirror or other highly reflective surface.

Conspiracy's are not everywhere, sometimes they occur naturally.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Not this time. Something isn't right with your story. Your account of what happened is more unbelievable than what happened. You didn't even
get up and say, are you ok? Did you see that? You just stumbled to your car and left? Not buy'in it.

And with this idiotic, close-minded tripe, I bid this website adieu. Thank you to those who posted with a willingness to explore my story. I thought the "My Story" forum was for giving personal accounts, however unbelievable or "out there" they seem? Instead, I have my character called in to question by overweight teenagers who play at intelligence. This website's motto should be changed from "Deny Ignorance" to "Promote Pricks".

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Well hey, the heat is a part of this kitchen. So if you want to stay cool.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hungrydirt

Originally posted by randyvs

And with this idiotic, close-minded tripe, I bid this website adieu. Thank you to those who posted with a willingness to explore my story. I thought the "My Story" forum was for giving personal accounts, however unbelievable or "out there" they seem? Instead, I have my character called in to question by overweight teenagers who play at intelligence. This website's motto should be changed from "Deny Ignorance" to "Promote Pricks".

Aw, don't let a couple asshats ruin your experience. I've been less than nice myself a couple times when I've been in a bad mood. Those people get off on belittling other people - it makes them feel important, because they know they really aren't. Ignore them.

I believe you experienced something. Who knows what it could have been with all the military installations around there, and the weird spring weather. I lived in NoVA for 8 years, and experienced some of the wildest storms ever when I was there.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Electromagnetic pulses are not normally associated with visible light. However, they are known to have neurological effects on the brain. Perhaps that caused the blindness. And If I understand EMP correctly, it only affects electronics that are currently running. A car turned off would be unaffected.

But the *source* of this is what is intriguing me. Two flashes of light, you said. But only the second one seemed to definitively come from the sky? Did I read that part wrong? Where do you think the first light pulse came from, if not the sky? Was the "blast" localized?

Now I've heard of crowd control weapons. They're supposed to be non-lethal, next-generation. What YOU describe sounds like next-next-generation! Sounds like it must have been either deployed from an aircraft or a satellite.

Still though, there's NO reason why they would test it out on unwitting civilians, when they can get a great deal more information from a controlled field study. Plus, it's not in their military interests to let technology out of the bag. The military is extremely practical when it comes to national security and guarding secrets. They go to extreme measures to keep secret technology, well, secret.

What's left? Some kind of geophysical phenomena? Spiritual anger? Aliens?

I think the key here is the precise locality of the event. Of several people in the same vicinity, only two were affected? Was the woman who was affected the closest person to you?

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
well if that happened thats weird and has to suck i fill sorry for the mother and the baby

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Although the probability may be small, it is possible that the phenomena you witnessed may have been the result of the breakup of a small bolide entering the atmosphere from space. Low density or "fluffy" bolides will completely disintegrate before reaching the ground and create a very bright fireball and acoustic wave. The fact that you looked up in response to the flash and boom and not out to the horizon would seem to indicate that the source was overhead. If it was a bolide, that will probably be figured out by the astronomers pretty quickly. I imagine there must have been some surveillance cameras and microphones on at the time that will allow triangulating the source.

Do you recall seeing your shadow being cast by the light flash? If so, what direction was it pointing?

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well, considering that there is a march in DC today to try to get into the House office building to thwart Obama care and an anti-war march along with it, you might have been an unwitting soul caught in a test of a non-lethal weapon being tested in case it is needed in DC!

Zindo

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Aw, don't let a couple asshats ruin your experience

A little skepticism and the guy runs away cry'in. That's all the reason you
have for name calling? What kind of social misconceptions do you have
that could be causing such personality imperfections? Azzshoot.

Edit to add forgotten question marks . An apparent short term condition of sleepyeye.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Cant add much but the OP says ' the blacksmithing items, wandering back and forth between some antique farm equipment that was nearby'

That seems like a lot of iron. Could this idicate some sort of static discharge as OP also says flash of light I cannot see where he says anything about associated sound.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Alrighty then,

so what we have here is a situation that left a fellow ATS member temporarily blinded, and others in attendance in similar states, including one woman whose maternal instincts kicked in, immediately throwing herself over her child to shield it from a perceived danger.

The episode in particular was a series of Sky bourne light flashes, and an audible percussion similar to a "WUMP" sound.

The others in attendance noticed the sound/lights and helped others affected while the fellow member upon regaining vision, evac'd from the area due to his own over riding instinct screaming FLIGHT, resulting in inability to know aproximately who was affected, how many and where it the event may have come from, direction wise.

City(approximate): Casanova, North VA.
Location of estate sale: unknown
Time: unknown
Witnesses/victims (approx): unknown
General compass heading of event: unknown

OP, I am in no way ribbing you. With one thing known, and 3 others unknown its kinda hard to piece it together.
Maybe if you can provide the name of the estate, a screenshot of the property can be added by another member, thereby helping you give direction of occurance to those members in your area, and others and possibly find an answer to your questions

Outside of that, we're just as lost as you are, but you were there.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by ahmonrarh]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Was anyone able to keep their vision the entire time? Or was anybody completly uneffected? Did you notice how long the time was between start and finish of event? It's good to hear that you made it through, and has anybody suffered violent after-effects?
Thanks for sharing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join