It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV presenter gets death sentence for 'sorcery'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I'm certainly no fan of Sharia Law and strongly oppose those who feel Western Nations should be under it. However, you have to remember that Saudi Arabia is a sovereign nation that is entitled to enact its own rules and legal system. Just because we do not agree with it does not mean we have a right to make them change what is standard practice in that country.

[edit on 20/3/2010 by Dark Ghost]

What it does give us a right to do is call them a bunch of neolithic barbarians who need to get with the 21st century. Sovereign nation or not, this man was arrested for something he did in another country - something we in the states have 900 numbers for. If he's guilty of anything, it's unscrupulous manipulation of his audience - in other words, the very same thing the Saudi religious nazis are trying to do with everyone under their thumb. Ironic, don'tcha think?

And for the record, go ahead if you wish and label me an ignorant fool for passing judgement on the religious stylings of a culture that I don't understand... for that is exactly what I'm doing, and furthermore, I don't really care to understand a perpetual 13th century mindset since I live in 2010.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Woa woa woa.. Why are you guys jumping to all these conclusions????

Maybe he IS a wizard. Did you every think about that?

Deny ignorance.

J/K.

Never visit saudi arabia without diplomatic immunity

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Are u telling me humans really still do this?!? Are some of us really still so moronic and primitive? What happens if a person comes back from death?

"You were legally and medically dead for over a minute and then came back to life... GIVE HIM THE DEATH SENTENCE"

Morons...

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Exactly. I have another gem that these religions spew with their megolomaniacal lies. They say that hell is at the center of the earth. They do not want people to find their essential core. To further illustrate what I am getting at, there is a saying in the English language, "against all odds." When one has transcended duality, out of the lying, despicable reptilian mindset, the binary lights up 1 1. 1 + 1 is 0 in binary. Language has evolved from a rupture; it has evolved according to the lies of people lying and scheming in order to be God, to place oneself over another. Of course this, "against all odds" will be a saying. The controlling, parasitic, viral serpents do not want the core to be revealed. They do not want anyone to see the whole circle that keeps repeating, as this will dissolve their power and melt their faces, making the superficial face plain as day. The veil is removed. I am thinking that if anyone in this thread gets what I am saying, then maybe we will see the 0 in others. Seeing this means 0 0 in binary. And in binary, 0 + 0 = 1. This is how we express our truth to a truly blinded world, a world that fears the only essential that will save them. It even saves the despots, as they have improperly self-identified with the draconian, dominating and manipulating identity.

They fear, because they think that if this mindset dies, they die, when that cannot be further from the truth. The self is a flourishing, unfolding thing in search of a soul, of a haven, of a heaven transcending the lies. Men should not dominate, and women should not manipulate. This is the result of seeing life in the vulgar mentality of a mere game. These impostor monarchies will fall. I and others like me will melt their faces.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The guy should be released right away.

He cannot predict the future otherwise, he would have known is own fate.

He cannot predict future, so he can't be held for nothing but lying and entertaining.

It Could be fine at last, if Saudis arrest all liars incoming their land.
I Guess less of our politicians would visit them. IMO, I consider that it is quite a shame, we (western countries) still have relations with these kind of stone age regime.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
If I recall the saudi leaders are a certain sect of muslims, you might not even consider them muslims. They are very extreme, and they make up laws as they go along, that has nothing to do with ISLAM. e.g banning roses lol

I think they formed around the 18th century. And to me it looks like they are using religion as an excuse to control the people.

Edit: ah here we go, some more info. They are called Wahhabi, and they do not represent most of the muslim world's views, even thou they almost controll it lol crazy. Basically to me they are setting a bad example to the world on how people view the middle east.
www.meforum.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.presstv.ir...

[edit on 21-3-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I'm sure there are Saudis who object to their govt, however, they would be subject to death if their views were ever to become public. Bandar "Bush" is reportedly under house arrest for planning to stage a coup of some sort last year. The Saudi royals are some of the biggest hypocrites, they can go on their yachts in international waters and do all the drugs, booze, womanizing etc. and no one in that country has the power to stop them.

The reality is that the US has no interest in seeing a change of government, as long as the Saudi royalty give business to the US/UK etc, TPTB will look the other way. The last Saudi ruler that tried to thumb his nose at the West (Faisal) was assassinated by one of his own relatives.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by keldorn]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Well guess he didn't predict this happening LOL!!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
this is sad

somebody could say, well, this is their culture, but thats not fair, thats the reality

somebody could say, well, how do u know whats fair and whats not

everybody should have the right to be free and do whatever they want, with exception when you are damaging other people's lives

so, its all about these religion bullcrap, so, congrats followers, one more bizarre fact to your list

to base your culture and rules in a book that can be interpreted in any way a person likes, is just simple dumb

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Faiol]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
ah the free world speaks again..

Is anyone else wishing it had been paul daniels out there ?

Just me then...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Hi Sp.o.T...The issue is not the issue. Human rights violations are rampant today in all faiths and governments. The issue is the timing which is suspect and the media which is not free. There is a conspiracy but not against the Islamic faith and not by a secret organization.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
When I was in south asia I heard about accounts of Muslim women becoming demonized out of the blue. It would happen when they were at work and they would be able to lift large electronic component placement machines. The biggest guys couldn't hold down the little ladies. They would be possessed continually after that and it took a Budist priest to remove the creature from the women. He would have to use powdered pork to remove the disturbed spirit.

The part about the "Pork" set off alarms in my mind. Allah requires Muslims to obstain from pork but in this case it broke a spell. Go figure!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Wow... I guess the Weather man on the Saudi news has to cover his rear every night
... " Take note this isnt a prediction people, repeat this is not a prediction... but it may be a chance for showers in (insert generic Arabian place name), i repeat viewers.. this is NOT a prediction" **looks nervous to his felow anchor people**

Its funny but I have a copy of the idiots guide to Saudi Arabia... all i can say is after reading it, all I could do was to vow never to step foot in that god forsaken poop hole of a country.

They are that nuts... I mean heck years ago the religious police stopped a burning university for girls from being evacuated (it only had a single exit) since the male firemen who turned up would interact with non related women... all while the girls where burning to death inside (at least it caused somewhat of a backlash against the religious police for a while).

They are literally insane... that isnt a stab at all saudi's of course but I dont see how if you live there your whole life you dont become somewhat tainted by that warped logic.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nycfrog27

What I do know is this: this reply post you made seems to be more of the same ol' tiring anti-Christian responses.

Ah the poor persecuted Christians in America.

"Yes, the long war on Christianity. I pray that one day we may live in an America where Christians can worship freely! In broad daylight! Openly wearing the symbols of their religion... perhaps around their necks? And maybe -- dare I dream it? -- maybe one day there can be an openly Christian President. Or, perhaps, 43 of them. Consecutively."
— Jon Stewart

Yes, the way is long and arduous for those who claim to follow Jesus while blithely ignoring virtually everything he said.

What would you expect from Saudi Arabia? The words "human rights" are illegal in that country. Saudi Arabia is another proof that the US government never acts or wages war based on human rights issues. Its always about economics. Always. You play ball with us, you can do whatever the heck you want to do to anyone who is too poor to matter to us. You dont play economic ball with us, we dont care how well you treat your people you are a "terrorist."

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
There is a conspiracy but not against the Islamic faith and not by a secret organization.

Well, then we are in agreement.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
If I recall the saudi leaders are a certain sect of muslims, you might not even consider them muslims. They are very extreme, and they make up laws as they go along, that has nothing to do with ISLAM. e.g banning roses lol

I think they formed around the 18th century. And to me it looks like they are using religion as an excuse to control the people.

Edit: ah here we go, some more info. They are called Wahhabi, and they do not represent most of the muslim world's views, even thou they almost controll it lol crazy. Basically to me they are setting a bad example to the world on how people view the middle east.

www.meforum.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.presstv.ir...§ionid=351020101

Phoenix -I'm sure the vast majority of Saudi Arabians are great people but you're right about the Wahhabi sect setting a very bad example.

Heres a report from Channel Four which shows the sect spreading their 'message' throughout British mosques.

Google Video Link

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ
Wow... I guess the Weather man on the Saudi news has to cover his rear every night
... " Take note this isnt a prediction people, repeat this is not a prediction... but it may be a chance for showers in (insert generic Arabian place name), i repeat viewers.. this is NOT a prediction" **looks nervous to his felow anchor people**

Its funny but I have a copy of the idiots guide to Saudi Arabia... all i can say is after reading it, all I could do was to vow never to step foot in that god forsaken poop hole of a country.

They are that nuts... I mean heck years ago the religious police stopped a burning university for girls from being evacuated (it only had a single exit) since the male firemen who turned up would interact with non related women... all while the girls where burning to death inside (at least it caused somewhat of a backlash against the religious police for a while).

They are literally insane... that isnt a stab at all saudi's of course but I dont see how if you live there your whole life you dont become somewhat tainted by that warped logic.

I laughed so hard at this. Man it must be rough over there. Gotta appreciate the small things in life I guess. It's so sad that this crap goes on, meanwhile we in the U.S. are supposedly great allies with them.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join