It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV presenter gets death sentence for 'sorcery'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

TV presenter gets death sentence for 'sorcery'

www.cnn.com

According to his lawyer, Sibat, who is 48 and has five children, would predict the future on his show and give out advice to his audience.

The attorney, May El Khansa, who is in Lebanon, tells CNN her client was arrested by Saudi Arabia's religious police (known as the Mutawa'een) and charged with sorcery while visiting the country in May 2008. Sibat was in Saudi Arabia to perform the Islamic religious pilgrimage known as Umra.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Another "justified" punishment? This gentlement is not Saudi and does not live in Saudi Arabia. He was there for a religious pilgrimage, arrested, and sentenced to death for pretending to predict the future!

I've had mixed emotions lately on what stance the U.S. and other leading nations should take on issues like this. I understand that their culture, regarldess of how screwed up it is, is still their way of life. But in the end I could not see myself being in a position of power and allowing one of my so called allies or fellow head of state to do something like this.

Thoughts?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Just goes to show the backwards thinking of the religious leaders in Saudi Arabia.

Some people seem to think because they let in tourists and put on a happy face that they are moderate muslims (if such a thing exsists) but they are a bunch of corrupt old rich men holding onto power and wealth through intimidation, murder and some horrific human rights abuses.

Of course Islam is the religion of PEACE, you know he had it comming because he is such a bad bad man. (sarcasim inteneded)

Lets see this one be explained away with "its there culture, who are we to question them"

We in the so called west are far from perfect ourselves but at least we stopped killing people for witch craft a long time ago.

Now we just kill them for there oil.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Breaking News:

" Tom it appears that Saudi Arabia has now infact arrested it's latest wizard, in a string of wizard or sorcerer arrests this year. It seems that there is something that is forcing magical people from all over the world to visit this place. "

"Thanks for the report Jack, do you think it could have anything to do with the fact that these people are highly religious and supersitious? Or that they simply want control of the populace for other reasons?"

" I don't know Tom, but I'm hearing from some people on the ground that this person also might be an Alien."

"Thanks for joining us Jack."

How sad it is that we live in a world where some people would find the above to be very true and believe it without a shadow of a doubt.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Wow, the Alien wizard was in Saudi Arabia?

Tiger must be happy.

Southpark Season 13 - Episode 1

Always the religious fanatics, I don't think there are horoscopes in the newspapers there.

/Sarcasm off

GM

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
So, the Saudis arrested somebody who is not a citizen of their country for something he did while outside of their country. Kind of like what the Americans did with Marc Emery. Fortunately, Mr. Emery is not marked for death but this kind of behaviour is setting a dangerous precedent.

Whatever happened to being sovereign nations? It's over.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SportyMB

What a complete joke, seem like there living in medieval times. I really hope someone can stop this. I mean this guy has a family for christ sake, it just isnt right.

If there is a God/Higher being or whatever I hope he can get this sorted as this is a grave injustice if this man is allowed to die.

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
A government must be so incredibly afraid of change to give the death penalty for this reason. It must be obvious to them and myself that their days are numbered. The only way for them to hold on to power is through fear and intimidation.

I guess he's a crappy psychic if he couldn't predict this was going to happen.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I wonder what the Saudi Arabian Religious Police think of George Bush's antics at Bohemian Grove?

Wouldn't that be absolutely priceless, if somehow one of their ranks has seen online footage of Alex Jones sneaking in, or has read some of the online conspiracy content about the place and Bush's involvement. Then, on his next visit (which seems to be frequent - not surprising considering the massive House of Saud & Bin Laden ties) he's arrested and is promptly executed.

I can dream...

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia has been walking on dangerous ground for a long time, their royal ways, and secret dealing with the US and other nations has all but painted them into a corner. I will make a prediction: Within a few short years, the lands of the Middle East will be covered by water, or ice, or both. They will no longer be a threat to anyone.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Just don't make that prediction over there or you'll be sharing a gallows with this guy.

And why would it be covered in ice or under water, btw?

[edit on 20-3-2010 by whitewave]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
While other cultures acting this way do not totally surprise me, what does surprise me is to realize that they are going to put someone to death for their allegation of sorcery. As unfortunate as this may be for the victim I can somewhat understand on a cultural basis why this is so.

What further concerns me is that here in America we have evidence that there are those here in the USA that practice a form of sorcery or magic that requires elaborate and symbolic rituals with someone's blood having to be spilled and or the victim has to die to allow these so called magicians to ritually sacrifice someone for some evil intent or some supposed power or wealth that the magicians seek.

To cite an example, Heath Ledger, actor of Dark Knight, age 28 who played the Joker was in his very last movie that he made "before" he was found dead had been in his last movie called the "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" which came out in 2009. Within the first 30 minutes of the movie, Heath Ledger can clearly be seen with a large triangle painted as makeup on Heath Ledger's forehead. Take a look and you will see a large triangle on his forehead.

This triangle with it's mysterious symbolism is in fact a magical marking placed there by those in Hollywood that marked Heath Ledger for a future sacrificial death. Why Heath Ledger would allow someone to paint a Triangle on his forehead can easily be attributed to movie makeup and so on. I can say that whoever allowed this to happen is in league with those that are using magical and sacrificial practices which end in the death of the intended marked victim.

By using the movie medium to visually display their ritual magic, most would never even think that what they are seeing sometimes is indeed a magical ritual that is being used in a movie so as not to alarm anyone and to disguise the magic being practiced.

This same Hollywood gesture of painting a triangle on a future intended sacrificial victim was recently done to Jessie Ventura. He had been invited to Hollywood after his most recent and successful TV show covering HAARP, 911, and other conspiratorial matters that are sensitive to those in government. His success is being applauded but there are those that see it differently and would like to see Jessie Ventura go bye bye.

While in Hollywood recently, Jessie Ventura was involved in some movie set where he was placed in some costume and when makeup was done, Jessie commented on a recent talk show he talked about his Hollywood visit and stated without any notice or concern that those in makeup in Hollywood had as part of the supposed role he was going to be in was taken to makeup where someone painted his forehead with a triangle. Imagine that. A triangle on his forehead.

What is going on in Hollywood movie circles and Music circles concerns me as much as I guess those in other countries worry about similar acts of dark sorcery and ceremonial magic. While those other countries may jump to irrational behavior, here in America, we pay admission to witness as entertainment such practice of magic and ritual death. What a cultural difference huh?

Anyway, while other countries do indeed have harsh social laws of conduct, we on the other hand don't do anything to those that practice evil magic and go around killing people with such ritual magic. To prove this point all one has to do is look into Hollywood and the Music industry to realize that there are a large number of Satanist and other groups that do things that would shock the public were it not disguised as some movie plot or some music video set.

Time will tell but I for one hope Jessie Ventura stays healthy and that he does not succumb to those in Hollywood that have marked him for death.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Can we please get back to the topic? It's swaying off-course.

Look, I believe that my God gives everyone special "abilities". My Bible tells me that God gave Moses "power to perform miracles in the sight of men". Moses was the typical description of a wizard. Long beard, staff, robe, etc. Whatever. All of the ancient civilizations practiced magic. Some people still do today. What is wrong with that? How can an old society such as Saudi Arabia deny this? You would think that their ancestors have some kind of record of magic jotted down/carved/painted somewhere, right? Isn't the "Kingdom" a land of tradition? One would think that the people would embrace the man for having God-given abilities.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

How are you getting a religious issue out of this?

Could I make the same comparison with the genocide in Iraq and Christianity, because the ten commandments form the basis for what constitutes law in American common law?

Is Judaism bad and evil because Israel is also committing genocide in Palestine?

Or is it because the prophet Muhammad(pbuh) told his followers to defend themselves and "kill the infidels" rather than turn a blind eye?

Because just like Jesus the Christ(pbuh) told his followers to love thy neighbor and turn the other cheek and be passive, neither the majority of the followers of Christianity nor Islam seem to do what their Prophet or Christ has asked of them.
(That is an observation. My opinion on Christians and not their religion)

Your comment is straight up Islamophobia intent on making an entire religion look bad.

If you want to say Saudi Arabia has crazy laws, then fine I agree with that and I was going to comment, but nothing good can come out of posting something against a religion.

[edit on 3/20/2010 by Josephus23]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

there's a difference between religion and the state.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpmail
Of course Islam is the religion of PEACE

Aren't all religions suppose to be about peace?

Or, is this another fanatic cry against from an Islamphobic person that makes Islam to be to only religion of peace... and to derail the thread,...

*sigh*

[edit on 20-3-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

"Because just like Jesus the Christ(pbuh) told his followers to love thy neighbor and turn the other cheek and be passive, neither followers of Christianity nor Islam seem to do what their Prophet or Christ has asked of them. "

How can you say that (all) followers of Christianity are like this? I'm not, and you don't know me to make this assumption. Please do not assume everyone is the same.

What I do know is this: this reply post you made seems to be more of the same ol' tiring anti-Christian responses.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by nycfrog27

"Because just like Jesus the Christ(pbuh) told his followers to love thy neighbor and turn the other cheek and be passive, neither followers of Christianity nor Islam seem to do what their Prophet or Christ has asked of them. "

How can you say that (all) followers of Christianity are like this? I'm not, and you don't know me to make this assumption. Please do not assume everyone is the same.

What I do know is this: this reply post you made seems to be more of the same ol' tiring anti-Christian responses.

There is nothing anti-christian in my response.

Notice the use of the word seem.
That is not a direct accusation, but I can understand why one could see it that way so I will edit that wording in the sentence.

But as for the response.

I would say that a majority of Muslims do not practice violence and a majority of Christians do not turn the other cheek.

This is an observation and not a criticism of either.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SportyMB

first i would like to point out that practicing sorcery is considered taboo in Islam and every muslim knows that very well , it is true that he was doing it in his show on a satellite channel but when he got caught he was doing it in saudi arabia , in madina some where near on of the holiest places in Islam and that is almasjid alnabawy ,prophet Mohamed's masjid (you call it mosque).

now what do you think of this guy ? he knows that it is forbidden in islam and if you get caught ,you get the death penalty , but still , he wanted to practice it and where? in saudi arabia.

in my opinion this guy got what he asked for.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

As a level headed and open-minded person, I can agree with you that alot of followers of their religion do not do what their respected religion calls for. It's a shame, but it is the truth. I was under the impression that you meant all Christians were that way. So, I apologize if that was not what you meant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join