It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother keeps McDonald's Happy Meal for a whole year... and it STILL hasn't gone bad!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Disagree.

If every child for the last three or four generations was well educated in nutritional awareness and on what ingredients NOT to consume, then you might have an argument for pure stupidity.

The fact is, the entire populace is NOT well educated on what to eat and what ingredients in which to be aware.

The people that ARE well educated and with the power to stop such atrocities are the ones exploiting the masses and running the corporations from the top. They cut corners to maximize profits and minimize costs, all the while trying to get the consumer addicted to their product.

Yes. We who are not ignorant anymore about the health affects and lack of nutrition should not continue to support such corporations. Those that do. Well. They are in your category.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Same with sugar. But there is a chemical reason sugar can be left out and it won't go bad. Because it is so dry. Foods need moisture to go bad. But that doesn't mean that other stuff, such as the potatoes in french fries. won't. If you cut a potato and set it out, it will go bad pretty quickly.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I don't know what they put in McDonalds food these days, but I can't eat a burger from there without puking anymore. Something they put in them makes me sick, so I don't touch them now.

I don't eat much fast food though, it's more of an occasional treat. I think people know it's not good for them, but I would argue that many people don't know just how bad it is. I refuse to believe that fast food joints couldn't distribute a healthier product considering how much business they get. I haven't read too much into this kind of thing, but I do remember reading about how these meals loaded with fat and sugar actually block the hormones that tell you when you've had enough to eat and act on the brain in a way similar to that of nicotine and heroin. If that is the case, they essentially are helping to create eating disorders, no? I'm not saying people shouldn't be responsible to a degree for what they eat, but if this is in fact helping to fuel eating disorders, something should be done, right? I mean, you're then talking about addiction. It's not like saying "stop!" is going to get through at that point.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Well just look at those ingredients! .. A french fry should have TWO ingredients: Potato, Salt.

A bun should have one ingredient: Flour

A hamburger should have one ingredient: Beef.

And I am reminded of one summer i left a Wendy's frostie in my car.. super hot day, I come back to my car and the frosty is reduced to a foam like substance.. not melted, it didn't melt at all.. it just turned into this plastic feeling squishy foam .. Never ate one since then.

[edit on 3/20/2010 by Rockpuck]

If your hamburger only had beef it would not hold together. hamburgers usually included egg as a binding agent. Some people use bread crumbs. Some folks like to add onions for flavor. if your bread was just flour...well, it would be pretty dry and it wouldn't be bread. It would just be flour sitting on a table. French fries require an oil bath or some butter when baking otherwise they are dry. As to your frosty, when milk is overheated it will break down into a very strange foamy substance. This is likely what happened to your frosty.

I get your premise but, your facts are bad. Fast food is bad for a number of reasons. Specifically, it tends to be devoid of nutritive values. .

As a person who used to work at McD's and Burger King, i assure you the food rots. I've seen some gross things cleaning up after lazy coworkers. The beef is not worse than what you get in most national grocery chains. I won't eat MickeyD's but that's just me. I don't like it at all.

The issue of obesity is more related to sugar intake I think. What do most people drink at fast food joints...Soda! Soda also contains sodium bezonate, this is also used by ranchers to fatten up cows. Studies have found time and time again that people who drink sugared beverages are more likely to gain weight than those who don't. I stick to water. I'm not demonizing sugar totally though. It's about moderation.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by antonia]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

Can't even eat fast food or junk food, makes me ill.

yeah the only places I eat at is Taco Bell and Subway. Most places for whatever reason anymore after I eat there it makes me sick.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
Disagree.

If every child for the last three or four generations was well educated in nutritional awareness and on what ingredients NOT to consume, then you might have an argument for pure stupidity.

The fact is, the entire populace is NOT well educated on what to eat and what ingredients in which to be aware.

I understand your point to an extent, but going back even just that far people weren't as overweight, sick, as medicated, etc.... I again believe the lifestyle in society has shifted grately and we are seeing the results in staggering numbers. I also think it is an individuals responsibility to learn about health and good choices for their body. I agree the entire populace ISN'T aware and thats because instead of taking an hour and researching, reading, asking, etc...they wanna watch American Idol, they wanna read The Enquirer, watch TV, play video games for HOURS, drink beer, do dope, not wokout, and of course play on the internet (which they could easily educate themselves atleast somewhat). No one wants to be bothered until their is a problem and then its, "WELL WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE TELL ME, OR SHOW ME?" and thats what we see now...people EXPECTING others to bring them up to speed cause they have other things to do.

The people that ARE well educated and with the power to stop such atrocities are the ones exploiting the masses and running the corporations from the top. They cut corners to maximize profits and minimize costs, all the while trying to get the consumer addicted to their product.

Whats the atrocity? That they were smart enough to make good tasting food fast and people buy it? People choose to eat it more often then a home cooked meal or a cheaper alternative that they can make themselves. Of course they want us addicted. I am addicted to soft pretzels...eat one almost everyday, but should I blame the company that makes them for that? No Way!!! Just like smokers...everyone gets pissed at the tobacco companies yet they KNOW whats in them, they KNOW their bad, they KNOW they can get cancer, yet they want to blame the companies!!!! It blows my mind. If I crash my car doing 100mph should i complain that its the companies fault for allowing/buidling a car that goes that fast?

Yes. We who are not ignorant anymore about the health affects and lack of nutrition should not continue to support such corporations. Those that do. Well. They are in your category.

I agree...if their stuff is that bad for your body and you believe/care enough then simply don't buy and share your knowledge with others who may want to stop as well. Those who want to remain blind to it, thats on them and no one but themselves should be held accountable for a personal decision. As for the rest of us part timers...we will continue enjoying, or atleast i will, a good quarter pounder once in awhile.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This was my original post in a duplicated thread:
I too believe it is a hoax. My fiancee worked for a McDonalds for years and was the Assistant Manager his last year there. The food definitely decomposes as was evident every morning when he checked the Waste Bin and found the food already smelling of rot and decomposition. Remember, the majority of the food in a McDonalds is fried which is akin to petrifying the food. Obviously, if the purchased meal was kept in a climate controlled environment, it would definitely decompose differently, but if left to sit out in the air: it would decompose as it should. The photo labeled 2010 shows a meal as it would normally look 2 hours after being cooked.

Also, I agree with others that have mentioned the possibility of a dry climate preventing normal decomposition. The McDonalds in which my fiancee worked is located in North Florida, thus humidity may change the way in which the food in his store decomposed.

I can't remember the specifics, but I remember my fiancee coming home one evening telling me about the nutrition facts he had read at work. By this, I mean the nutrition facts he had access to in the office and I remember him saying that all the food is incredibly horrible.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by togetherwestand

Why blame anybody?

People can't afford affluent restaurants, and honestly it is cheaper to eat a happy meal than to buy food from the supermarkets. Many of us work from 6:30 to 6:30 every day and drag home 1/2 dead. With the commute time, if we cook, we won't eat until 9 p.m. and have to get up at 4 the next day. Fast food is a reflection on the fact American's don't have quality time to have a life and be with family; we live to work. As I say, supermarkets cost more than a happy meal.

Also, it makes a person wonder how preserved our corpses will be 100 years hence.

If we are ever to have good food, we need to have time to grow it, collect it, cook it and eat it with our community. What happens to communities in the USA (read the North American Union proposal)? The plan by PTB is to keep workers moving from place to place without permanent jobs or settlement. A migrating nation of workers needs a place to feed, and guess what? Fast food.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
honestly, the only meat I would eat at mcdonalds seems to be the regular beef patty, as it seems to have ZERO (yes, ZERO) added ingridents:

nutrition.mcdonalds.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
once my friend cooked a chicken patty and the customer brought it back with a crushed beak inside it,,,....ewww

everything goes into them patties

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
i find this quite difficult to believe. I have seen this kind of thing before with McDonalds, but I work for them and the food does go off. Definatly.. I empty the bins

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I do happen to know mcDonalds frys before being flash frozen are given a suger rinse (lightly sugered water) this may explain the lack of deterioration in frys, but i would bet the would be stale, dry if not mouldy insied. We have to remember though this food is cooked at ridiculously high temps. which will destroy 100% bacteria.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Hey guys.

We took these pictures last year, when we eventually went to get some steers I admit because we worked late and were too lazy and tired to cook.

Steers is bloody expensive and we were really peeved at the quality of the food vs what they advertise. It's ridiculous! We hardly ever get fast food anymore.

Here is the pic we took of the burger we got vs the picture in the shop.
I almost got sick when I opened the box! Freakin' gross!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/497f242c40cd.jpg[/atsimg]

But it's not surprising.... I mean, it is fast food after all. I just hate the false advertising and being ripped off. If they had a picture of the real burger on the menu, they would be out of business.

[edit on 23/01/2010 by jinx880101]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by orwellianunenlightenment

If anyone beyond the moderator saw my post, I would like to apologize. I would like to apologize regardless. Too much, too soon. I was rushing things.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Excellent experiment!

Please keep a fruit under a pyramid made of orgonite for months,

you will be astonished to see its preservative properties !

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

That's what I meant by how if you knew how they made some food you probably wouldn't eat it so much anymore.

Again though, they don't make the stuff quite the same anymore, some things are made the same, the rest isn't. McDs switched from the old method and for chicken use chicken breast now.

I don't feel like directly ruining fast food for anyone, so if you really must know about the how, then look for it yourselves. I'm not sickened by it, nor surprised, but then I have an iron stomach.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Mr. jack]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Novise

Exactly. IF you don't like it just leave the establishment. It is so funny watching people inside a Mcdonalds at 11:00 at night complaining and making a scene. If I am in there at such an hour I can promise you I'd rather starve than start yelling at them. Once you get angry at them you show that you rely on them and need them. So what if they take forever, you pulled up to pay $5 for instant food brought to you by people paid at minimum wage. It's a great example of the system of entitlement passed down to people, and probably one of the most nasty if you are paying attention. And how people take things for granted, and you can almost judge a persons immaturity by the way they act in a Mcdonalds.

It just shows how much of a kid you are if you get angry at people being paid minimum wage in a fast food establishment. And I know that's a little different than what you were talking about but it's along the same lines.

Deserves to be quoted in full.

Have you also noted that some people order burgers, fries etc. knowing full well that it is all bad calories. And then to compensate they order a diet coke (mind you - a big bottle)?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It is not always about choice, if good food costs twice as much as cheap food then people buy bad food, maybe it is a way to determin who stays healthy and who does not.

In pubs in the UK a soft drink costs the same as a beer, but people buy a beer because it is the same price.

Kids probably eat more mcdonalds than a cold sandwich because it is warm and cheap and they eat indoors.

Young people are ignorant of what is good and bad for them regardless of choices.

Maybe that burger and fries dried out like dry bread, sometimes bread goes mouldy after a week, some goes hard and last for weeks, depends on the science of the experiment too.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Typical American, you think you know what poverty is like because you struggled to pay a few bills. But you had electricity, which already means you were not poverty stricken. And I am very familiar, and have lived in these areas too. And I can attest to the fact that they don't have farmers markets on every corner.
You make a blanket assumption that because you have figured it out, that everyone else has the same resources and education to figure it out.
And it makes it an easy way to turn a blind eye and put the responsibility on population and claim it is all their fault.
These people do not have the same resources. And when your entire life, and the entire lives of the generations before you is nothing but survival, nutrition and education go out the window.

Fact is, you can't teach others what you don't know.

And to assume that people will just "magically" figure it out is absurd.

Most children in poverty don't get to go to pre-school. Most don't even know their abc and numbers by kindergarten. And many drop out of high school and graduate not being able to read.
If you don't even have the basics down, you really think they can figure out that hmmm, I can afford this over this? This is how I can balance my budget?
That this is good for me and this isn't?

If everyone was truly created equal, we would all be equal.

The schools don't even have the resources to provide basic nutrional information, when they can't even afford basics like paper.

And the teachers have to pay for supplies out of their own pockets.
Even the richest of school systems have lunch menus that leave something to be desired. I can attest to that myself having gone to one of them, and it was burgers and pizza. Desperate students had to make salads out of the hamburger condiment cart.
I can only imagine the garbage they serve in a poor school system.

Why are these children getting fatter? Well it is hard to go out and play in a crime ridden neighborhood. And the kids are increasingly kept inside. So they don't get shot or recruited into gangs.

Cheap food has gotten cheaper. And instead of eating less, now they can afford junk food.

But in your magical down soft world: a single mother who is working two jobs and still not getting paid squat is supposed to come home from working 16 hours, take a bus miles away, spend what money she has on apples and oranges instead of getting the electricity back on, and come home and make a nice healthy salad.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join