It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**EVERYONE**Just took some pics of the sun.....wierd

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Come back Zeus! I want to know how I can survive the impending doom caused by the planet of death. Why are you going to light up the sky and what have you got to do with the planet? Can I rise up and be taken by the planet too?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeus2573

The time-span of this "Golden Planets" return is 3600 years. Universally, a year is like a thousand years.

I am 36 years old.

Yes, she is right on schedule. Perhaps when I arrive "there" I shall receive the love and respect that I deserve. Because, I'm sure not getting any here. Verification of this Planet was the last piece of the puzzle that I needed.

It's over.

I have been made ready. I am complete. I am ready to join the join the fight! (that "others" have started)

Your behavior and others must come to an end. It is my job to assist in doing so. And I will.

~ Zeus

Good grief, this sounds like ther ravings of a cultist, that's not an insult by the way, it's a genuinley honest point of view, I have no interest in insulting you. So, are you really serious about this? Do you really believe everything you've said in that post? Is all this because of those unidentified circles in the Sun pics or did you believe all this beforehand and you're just waiting for a ''sign''?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Zeus quickly became one of my favorite members on this site.

Zeus, you turned my bad day into a good day in less than thirty minutes.
I have been trying to do that all day. Thank you, seriously.

If it is true that it is a golden planet, I'm sure the human race will find a way to conquer such a world. No more tungsten gold bars.

I just wish i had a spotlight to take a picture of to show those same spots.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Zeus I dont know what you may or may not be applying or how you might use your logic. I shouldnt be here trying to stop or ban self they let me back cause "no security". Just like that GTA IV game liberty city stories , . I think I might have known what Zeus was implying pages ago skipped ahead, where do you get your info from , Do the FBI yell at you in your head with your implant? Do you think that all the planets orbiting the sun would make it an endentured servant and mess with its life span repeatedly and feel no reason to pay the sun for being used. Heard Jon stewart say socialized facism , but thats neither here nor there. Just because we are all orbiting the sun doesnt mean the sun wants to be there.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde87
Come back Zeus! I want to know how I can survive the impending doom caused by the planet of death. Why are you going to light up the sky and what have you got to do with the planet? Can I rise up and be taken by the planet too?

Don't forget about SPACE ALIENS, and their final fight for Earth's spoils. Someone posted this poster online:

SPACE ALIENS

I don't know if that final fight is supposed to happen before, or after the lens flare, I mean planet, does its thing, I guess I'd have to attend the meeting to find out, or try to contact the meeting organizer, Marshall Applewhite, does anyone know how I can get in touch with him?

You might be able to find a similar meeting locally with all the answers, but if you do, I strongly advise against drinking the Kool-aid.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

No, not all of them. There are some very good scientist still around. The trouble is there is a power behind them that is not good. It is of no fault of their own. Science is a bad thing when it is being used to mis-lead the populous and create weapons of mass destruction. Wouldn't you agree?

That is what is going on with this thread and the world at present.

Any Scientist that is doing this these days is in a great deal of trouble.

That was my point in general. It is easy to distinguish good science from bad science.

I feel I have said enough.

I am done with this.

~ Zeus

OK thanks for clearing that up.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Why so much doubt about lens flare? (assuming the first page is like the following) Has anyone here actually have experience in photography? It's my minor here at school, and I can say with 10000000% certainty, that is lens flare.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
All i was looking for was someone in the know to say "this is lense flare"

Can i just add however. the pictures I have taken, I have seen before, on videos and all over the net.

Just curious.

My son is a graphics chap, and he said no to lense flair.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

"I strongly advise against drinking the Kool-aid".

Why would you not want to drink the Kool-aid? Its delicious. Tell you what, I will even let you choose your own flavor.

Ok?

~ Zeus

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Zeus2573]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Wow! What a thread!

The OP seems genuine in his interest for an explanation; be it a planet, a star, a sundog or a lens flare; as long as the explanation can be clearly demonstrated, I get the impression he will accept it. As for Zeus, he is detouring the thread. Some of you find him amusing, I find him annoying; I stopped reading his posts many pages ago. I personally find him extremely annoying. He needs help, but he doesn't see it, so no way to bring it to him. I'll personally put him on my ignore list and hopes he does the same with me. If you read this, Zeus, don't bother responding, I won't be reading it.

But, to bring this back to the OP and his last post; he states that his son is a graphics artists and says "no" to a lens flare.

Can we accurately, with other examples, and real facts, demonstrate that it is (not just giving opinions)? If so, case closed.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Detouring the thread eh. Nothing could be further from the truth.
You say you put me on your ignore list? Oh, your breaking my heart.
We were having a discussion on this thread and along came the "band wagon".

Ignore me all you want to. That won't change the facts.

You didn't think you could keep this a secret forever did you?

Anyone with eyes and a brain can see the case here.

It's not what's being believed that is the problem, but more so who is believing it. I mean if Ray Charles was still alive he could see it. He could also see that that is not a lens flare.

Just keep on mouthing off.

You are making this too easy.

Oh, and for all of the ones being combative over this and trying to make me think otherwise, please refer to my signature.

~ Zeus

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Zeus2573]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajmusicmedia

The OP seems genuine in his interest for an explanation; be it a planet, a star, a sundog or a lens flare; as long as the explanation can be clearly demonstrated, I get the impression he will accept it.

But, to bring this back to the OP and his last post; he states that his son is a graphics artists and says "no" to a lens flare.

Can we accurately, with other examples, and real facts, demonstrate that it is (not just giving opinions)? If so, case closed.

Thanks.
And yes, I just want people to say "its this, or that"
I personally dont think its a camera issue (flare), or a sundog.
I have seen them with the naked eye, and seen TONS of pictures of almost the exact same thing.

My mind may be wanting it to be a massive body of whatever, but why would it. If it was, and this is "2012" connected (where I should have posted it in the 1st place), then we are all in trouble.

As for my son, he is a genius with cameras and understands them more than I. He says you cant get flair in negative. So I take his word for it.

Good thread.

I still say (LOOK AT THESE PICTURES AGAIN)
I have been at the window every day since, trying to get the sun in view.
Guess what..I live in Scotland. Its been cloudy since.

I will get more pictures asap.

Thanks for the feedback people.
Without threads like this, we will never know.
This is what this board is all about, we challenge popular thinking, but we must be carefull not to believe everything we see/read.

Thanks again.
And please, lets not dismis this as sundogs or camera tricks just yet.
There is WAY to much out there to say "no"

Ta
S

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
All i was looking for was someone in the know to say "this is lense flare"

Can i just add however. the pictures I have taken, I have seen before, on videos and all over the net.

My son is a graphics chap, and he said no to lense flair.

OK well we confirmed that it lens flare, right? By the way what is needed is expertise in optics, not graphics, as it's not a graphics effect, it's an optical effect. It can also be different with different cameras as it depends on the number of elements in the lens, type of lens (zoom, or fixed?), how the lens is constructed, the quality of the lens, the types of coating used on the lens material, the type of lens material itself, filters used, exposure settings, and other factors. Here is an illustration of how lens flare happens in a lens with 5 optical "elements":

toothwalker.org...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0dbc704fdd79.png[/atsimg]

Figure 1. Lens flare caused by an oblique light source.

See the red line? This is an unwanted reflection from the sun that hits the front lens element, reflects off one side of the lens, reflects off the other side of the lens, and back to the camera as shown. This illustration is showing how such flares can be avoided if the sun is off to the side by using a lens hood, which will block the sun coming in from the top.

Now what happens when you aim the camera directly at the sun, instead of the sun being off to the side, like in this illustration?

You can get reflections from ALL the optical elements in the lens, instead of just the front element. And because the sun is so bright, those reflections can also bounce around in the other elements on their way to the image sensor. I think you should show this illustration to your son so he understands the origin of flares and hopefully he can see why whether you look at a negative or not is irrelevant, this has nothing to do with negative versus positive images. It's all about optics with a bright light source.

And yes, I just want people to say "its this, or that"
I personally dont think its a camera issue (flare), or a sundog.
I have seen them with the naked eye, and seen TONS of pictures of almost the exact same thing.

Other pictures on the net, like this one:
www.shatters.net...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd71feac4884.jpg[/atsimg]

e.g. With the exception of the obvious lens flares, here's about how my eyes perceive the sun

He even notes the exception that the flares seen in the image aren't seen with the eye, but if people are seeing spots next to the sun when they look at the sun, probably what they are seeing are spots from temporarily, or unfortunately sometimes permanently burned retinas. You shouldn't look at the sun with your naked eye, I've tried my welder's mask and that's supposed to be a lot safer than the naked eye for viewing the sun. But I still like the oatmeal container because you can not only view the sun with that but get a pretty good enlargement of the image, and there's no lens flare when you do that because with a pinhole, there's no "lens" because the pinhole itself acts as the "lens". If you've got money to spend you can get serious solar imaging equipment.

As for my son, he is a genius with cameras and understands them more than I. He says you cant get flair in negative. So I take his word for it..

I'm sure your son is a wonderful person. However you should research it yourself instead of taking his word for it, or maybe you are misunderstanding what he's saying if he really is an expert. To say you can't get (fill in the blank) in a negative is an absurd statement, no matter what you put in the blank, flare or anything else. A negative is just a color inverted image of the original image so whatever is in the original will also appear in the negative, with the colors inverted.

Thanks again.
And please, lets not dismis this as sundogs or camera tricks just yet.
There is WAY to much out there to say "no"

How does the fact that there are lots of other images out there, confirm anything other than lens flare is a common effect, which of course, it is?

"I strongly advise against drinking the Kool-aid".

Why would you not want to drink the Kool-aid? Its delicious. Tell you what, I will even let you choose your own flavor.
Thanks, I thought you might be offering me some kool-aid at some point, but I didn't expect you to let me choose my favorite flavor, thanks for that!

Actually I like Kool-aid if I drink it at home. But when they serve it at those meetings, it's the additives they put in that can have undesirable effects. Well, some of the meeting attendees may desire those other effects, but I don't, I prefer my heart beating at some rate other than zero.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Just a quick update here.

Took another few pictures today.
The sun was out, in full view.
It is 2 hours later in the day (ish) the sun has went more to the west.

Nothing.
No objects, no flares, no sundogs.

Why ?

Here :

Normal :

Negative :

Not trying to cause argument here.
But wouldnt sundogs and lense flares show up all the time ?
the sun was bright, sadly it was 2 hours further west.

Ill keep doing this, just for the fun of it if need be.

Thanks again

Shauny

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I took your picture, and made it negative..

2. closer.

Thanks for that, all input is good.

But why not sundogs and lense flares every time ?
I am asking, because im thick as a brick.

I still cant get past this image on page 1..
You got square things, and wierd shapes.
I got to perfect circular objects, on several pictures, taken within 10 minutes of each other

its 2 round objects

But hey ho.

Delighted if I am wrong by the way
I will try my best to get a picture taken about the same time as I did with the 1st batch. Just incase.

[edit on 23/3/2010 by shauny]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Nothing.
No objects, no flares, no sundogs.

Why ?

I mentioned a lot of variables in my last post, and here's another variable:

How well is the sun centered in the image?

If the sun is perfectly centered, you still get reflections, but they can end up being obscured by the sun itself because the reflections and the original image may all end up in the same place on the image sensor.

This and all the other variables I mentioned can affect whether you get flares or not, and how many, etc.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
ok, lets just all pretend its a star system heading our way, that will kill us all, and be done with it.

S

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I don't think we have to pretend that something will hit the Earth in the future that can wipe all humans off the face of the planet. Chances are it will happen just like we've had mass extinctions in the past, the most recent being the one that wiped out the dinosaurs 65 million years ago. We haven't identified the object yet that will do it, but since it's happened so many times before there's no reason to think it won't happen again. So there are two points to be made about this:

1. Let's look for the REAL object that might wipe us out, instead of being distracted by flares, and...

2. Support space exploration and the establishment of a viable colony elsewhere, like eventually Mars perhaps, so if (or should we say WHEN) Earth is impacted again by an ELE (Extinction Level Event), humans won't be made extinct like the dinosaurs were.

Of course Mars won't be immune from impacts either, but the chances of both planets getting zapped at the same time are remote, so if we become a 2-planet species, we may survive even if one planet gets hit by an ELE.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
reply to post by shauny

ELE.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

You sir, have done a fine job.
I for one appeciate it.
The only professional on this thread is you. Your efforts will not go un-rewarded.

Rest assured, your family will be safe.

You represent the truth as do I as well.

Bravo!!! (clapping)

~ Zeus

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join