It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puzzling Statement: Obama Says ‘Louisiana Purchase’ Will Help With the Earthquake in Hawaii

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for clearing it up. Some people will make a conspiracy out of ANYTHING!

I think it's pretty strange that the title says "Louisiana Purchase". Obama was talking about the Louisiana provision. Those are 2 different words with VERY different meanings. Hard to take the OP seriously. :shk:

What's even stranger is that how so many people (both professional news people and amateurs) completely FAILED by making that "Louisiana Purchase" mistake.

It starts with the Youtube video, which used the phrase "Louisiana Purchase" in the title. From there Breitbart news posted the Youtube video along with the false title. From there, The Drudge Report had a link to the Breitbart article and Drudge also used the false phrase in his hyperlink headline of "Louisiana Purchase". And then the ATS OP used the false title, and even PHAGE missed the mistake.

I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone - all these people missing the most obvious and blatant mistakes of the entire story: Obama never used the phrase "Louisiana Purchase".

It's scary how powerful the news media is over so many minds, even when the people are given the facts to check themselves, they believe headlines.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
If you'tre in Hawaii GET OUT NOW!
Obama let the cat out of the bag early. Obviously Hawaii is going to be hit next by HAARP technology. GET OUT NOW!

Obama got ahead of himself and let the world know where the next catastrophic event will take place!!! GET OUT NOW!!! before it is too late!!

www.breitbart.tv...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Ya don't really understand how you get Louisiana Purchase, out of Louisiana Provision. Whatever suppose we're not all geniuses!

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
What's even stranger is that how so many people (both professional news people and amateurs) completely FAILED by making that "Louisiana Purchase" mistake.
Are you people seriously that daft?
have you ever heard of "sarcasm" by using "Louisiana purchase" it is like a pun, they are saying that Louisiana was "bought off" to get one senators vote and reffering to the original "Louisian Purchase" to poke fun.

I can't believe I actually have to explain this.

[mod edit: to removed misquoted comments]

[edit on 19-3-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

Sorry your op wasn't a joke, wasn't sarcasm, wasn't anything but fear mongering to it's lowest level.

Trying to frighten people, trying to use base fear to get your agenda across. It's not based in anything real, its based on a 20 second clip and an assumption that Obama is going to use HAARP against a state in the United States.

But that is the GOP's goal isn't it? To promote FEAR at any cost. That is the agenda you are pushing. The GOP agenda of FEAR of Obama. No matter if it's based in reality or not, but it's the GOP agenda to try and make people afraid of Obama,

newsbusters.org...

I guess you got the memo.

[edit on 3/19/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

reply to post by sos37

If you had softball interviews with powderpuff questions for two years and then WHAM! you are being grilled and your nuts roasted over an open flame you would probably babble about anything that came to mind so that the torture would stop. Obama was being hammered and he wasn't used to this so he was flustered and on the defensive...this is why in an earlier post I mentioned his body language.

Well I won't argue with you there. While he was campaigning it was blatantly obvious that the media was handling his interviews with kid gloves, maybe even kitten gloves. On one occasion where Obama slipped and said "My Muslim faith" the interviewer even corrected him and said "You mean your Christian faith" and Obama corrected himself. If it were a Republican candidate the media would have been all over slip-ups like that like white on rice.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

Oh, I get it. So to you "misquoting" = "sarcasm". Got it. Now I understand where you are coming from. You just admitted you are intentionally spreading disinformation.

Your title, OP, states that Obama said something, and you claim that what he said was the truth by placing the statement in quotation marks 'Louisiana Purchase'. That's not sarcasm, that's misquoting. So congrats for encouraging ignorance instead of denying it.

(Oh, and by the way, in the post you created that I'm responding to in this one, you misquoted me. You took someone else's sentence and put it together with something I said, to make it appear that I said it. Seems to be a trend with you.)

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Ok...I apologize, I keep forgetting that some of you need things explained to you a little better and some of you are too lazy to read accompanying posts so here it is:

The title of this thread came straight from BreitBart.tv
www.breitbart.tv...

I didn't make it up. So if the "Louisiana Purchase" bothers you so badly take it up with them.
If you like, we can start calling it what it actually is The Louisiana Bribe...

And to those of you that insist on saying that the video in the OP was doctored or taken out of context, here is the full interview where you can decide exactly what was doctored or taken out of context.
video.foxnews.com...

now...will you be too lazy to actually watch the entire video???

[edit on 19-3-2010 by joey_hv]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

So you acknowledge that Breitbart misquoted Obama as well, and that doesn't concern you even enough to prevent you from spreading their disinformation?

Deny Ignorance is the ATS theme, and you are simply perpetuating ignorance. Way to go champ.

As long as the lie fits your political agenda, it's good enough for you!

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

On ATS, you have to submit headlines exactly as they appear, and are not permitted to alter them.

Had the OP changed the original headline -- whether it was correct or not -- his thread would not have posted.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Look genius, this thread did not start out as a political thread, that is why it was not posted in a political forum. YOU AND YOUR CRONNIES turned it into something political.
This thread was started as a warning to anyone in Hawai'i to get out whilst there is still time IF they CHOSE to believe.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by joey_hv]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

If this isn't a political issue then why would a political figure "Obama", be the one addressing the comments your so suspicious of? Are you actually admitting that the US government has no play in your conspiracy theory?

[edit on 19-3-2010 by NoJoker13]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

This thread was started as a warning to anyone in Hawai'i to get out whilst there is still time IF they CHOSE to believe.

I see, so you completely made it up with absolutely no facts whatsoever?

You took a quote, obviously a past tense quote, and purposely are misleading people to try and cause panic? I simply don't see how you could misconstrue something that happened in the past and make it a future event, with absolutely zero back up data.

If you'tre in Hawaii GET OUT NOW!
Obama let the cat out of the bag early. Obviously Hawaii is going to be hit next by HAARP technology. GET OUT NOW!

Obama got ahead of himself and let the world know where the next catastrophic event will take place!!! GET OUT NOW!!! before it is too late!!

You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

I see, so you completely made it up with absolutely no facts whatsoever?

You little one are daft aren't you?
Do you think I am the owner and sitemaster of BreitBart.tv???

I posted the exact story they did plus I added the link to the entire interview so that everyone could see the interview in its full glory and not be taken out of context. I then added my warning to Hawai'i residents.

take or leave it. Actually YOU should visit Hawai'i...soon actually...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

I then added my warning to Hawai'i residents.

That is what I am talking about. That right there. Your little warning to Hawaii residents. It's baseless fear mongering derived from absolutely NOTHING!

You knowingly posted misleading information. Purposefully orchestrated a HOAX based on one sentence misquoted and misrepresented.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

you call it "fearmongering" I call it a WARNING.
you say "absolutely nothing" I say it was a fluttered president's slip of the toungue, top secret, info release.
we don't and won't agree with eachother...goodnight.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

you call it "fearmongering" I call it a WARNING.
you say "absolutely nothing" I say it was a fluttered president's slip of the toungue, top secret, info release.

It was no slip of the tongue, Hawaii does get earthquakes.

Historical Earthquakes in Hawaii

It is pure complete fear mongering and a deliberate HOAX you are playing on this board. You took one sentence out of context and fabricated a future event out of thin air when the sentence you are referring to had nothing to do with what you were saying.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a56e1d9100d3.gif[/atsimg]

This is almost as bad as Blossom Goodchild.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

and you have nothing to contribute but negativity.
maybe you are one of those "trusters" as they have come to be known..

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Jesus Christ people, both sides need to shut up and look at each other. What you've turned this damn topic into is a f***ing Congressional meeting. You have two groups bickering and, pardon me, but b*tching at each other on who's right and wrong. God Dammit, the slogan of this site is "TextDENY IGNORANCE" so DENY! Both of the parties both have valid points, and instead of one group of people beating down the idea of the publisher of this post, we need to understand just what the hell is going on. So what if Obama did or didn't say "Louisiana Purchase", it's not the point. Isn't it odd that so many earthquakes have been happening, and why? Surely it isn't the earth's time to collapse, so maybe there's a deeper meaning or explanation. So let's try and unite and work on getting to the bottom of this government bullcrap.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheReaver

"So many earthquakes" compared to what?
Here is a graph showing the number of earthquakes of 7.0 and greater since 1900.

There is an average of 19 each year. So far this year there have been 4. Pretty average.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f995b9df942.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 3/22/2010 by Phage]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join