It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puzzling Statement: Obama Says ‘Louisiana Purchase’ Will Help With the Earthquake in Hawaii

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm reserving judgment on this one.... it did seem a bit of an odd statement, though I don't think it is panic-worthy at this point. My guess is that he was referring to the 2006 quake in Hawaii....

If Hawaii is hit by a huge quake in the near future, though, I will definitely recall this and wonder a lot more about that statement.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Whatever happened to that Bush guy? He was great with speeches and would never flub with words like this Baraka fellow.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

If you had softball interviews with powderpuff questions for two years and then WHAM! you are being grilled and your nuts roasted over an open flame you would probably babble about anything that came to mind so that the torture would stop. Obama was being hammered and he wasn't used to this so he was flustered and on the defensive...this is why in an earlier post I mentioned his body language.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

You are getting way ahead of yourself.

Jumping to conclusions is a good way to get stars and flags, but a bad way to figure out what it means.

I suggest doing a bit more research before you attempt any claims as big as this.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

You don't believe Obama's used to being questioned?

Lol. I'll stop here.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CleverNameHere
reply to post by joey_hv

You don't believe Obama's used to being questioned?

Lol. I'll stop here.
could you share another example in which he was given tough questions to answer please?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hi. This is my first post but I am a long time reader. There was a 2006 earthquake in Hawaii that did lots of damage. I would guess that's what President Obama meant.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for clearing it up. Some people will make a conspiracy out of ANYTHING!

I think it's pretty strange that the title says "Louisiana Purchase". Obama was talking about the Louisiana provision. Those are 2 different words with VERY different meanings. Hard to take the OP seriously. :shk:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Um, isn't this the same idiot that thought we had 51 states? Perhaps he was on something.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthisrelative
Hi. This is my first post but I am a long time reader. There was a 2006 earthquake in Hawaii that did lots of damage. I would guess that's what President Obama meant.
I would guess you didn't read through the thread, yours is like the 20th time someone has come up with the 2006 quake as a theory....not likely.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

As usual BH attacks the OP and does not address the facts.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by joey_hv]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

Mayby during the passing of the Obamacare
Would surprise me, and it will prove so many things..

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

He is probably talking about what happened in 2006 in Hawaii, and he refers to it in past tense. However, the part that really irks me is that in that video he is clearly saying that if Americans want healthcare reform they can only accept his....otherwise there will be no healthcare reform....

Yes, healthcare does need a reform, but not what the Obama administration, and President Obama want....

He makes it very clear in that video...if Americans want healthcare reform they can only accept his reform, and if they vote no there shall be no other form of healthcare reform....

This should tell you he is not working for the American people, but rather to the interest of another party; in this case big pharma....

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Talk about overkill... Is it at all possible he meant to say HAITI, and simply got it a little mixed up? HAITI and HAWAII do sound very similar after all...

Seriously if Bush said it, everyone would just think he fumbled his words again, is Obama so perfect he's not entitled to mix up his words?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Y'know, maybe it's some sort of code for a go ahead. Being that I live on the San Andreas faultline, and all these "earthquakes" going about, I'm a little nervous about what this is all about...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Occy Anonymous
Talk about overkill... Is it at all possible he meant to say HAITI, and simply got it a little mixed up? HAITI and HAWAII do sound very similar after all...
seriously are you really that ignorant on the issue?
why would a bill that helps louisiana also help an entirely different country?
you do realize Haiti is not one of our states correct??

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

OMG! You guys are getting sad now, this is really getting pathetic. Shovel some more fear why don't you? HAARP?
And anyone else notice the freeze in at :10 when Obama "supposedly" said "It also affects Hawaii which went through an earthquake." Can anyone say bad edit job?

So the OP took a past tense statement and made it a FUTURE statement and you all are going to buy this garbage? This is a HOAX. A badly BADLY done HOAX. Purposely done by the OP in order to promote FEAR. FEAR is all the right has against Obama because they can't attack him with facts.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'm not so sure we'll ever be able to know what he meant, because it appears to have been lost in the (CROSS TALK) Apparently Baier made a comment.

OBAMA: So that's not — that's not going to be something that is going to be in this final package. I think the same is true on all of these provisions. I'll give you some exceptions though. Something that was called a special deal was for Louisiana. It was said that there were billions — millions of dollars going to Louisiana, this was a special deal. Well, in fact, that provision, which I think should remain in, said that if a state has been affected by a natural catastrophe, that has created a special health care emergency in that state, they should get help. Louisiana, obviously, went through Katrina, and they're still trying to deal with the enormous challenges that were faced because of that.

(CROSS TALK)

OBAMA: That also — I'm giving you an example of one that I consider important. It also affects Hawaii, which went through an earthquake. So that's not just a Louisiana provision. That is a provision that affects every state that is going through a natural catastrophe. Now I have said that there are certain provisions, like this Nebraska one, that don't make sense. And they needed to be out. And we have removed those. So, at the end of the day, what people are going to be able to say is that this legislation is going to be providing help to small businesses and individuals, across the board, in an even handed way, and providing people relief from a status quo that's just not working.

What exactly is (CROSS TALK) and why was it excluded from the conversation?

[edit on 3/19/2010 by sodakota]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I don't think BHO let anything slip except...okay Hawaii, you helped a brother out, I gotcha hooked fat

I do not believe that Hawaii will be attacked/hit unless nature does what she does

they are too insignificant, and did the Obama team a favor...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by starsyren
---I've been reading back over some of the quotes, I can't narrow down the context he's aiming for. Does he mean a "purchase" made by "Louisiana", or THE LOUISIANA PURCHASE? Two VERY different things

The "Louisianna Purchase" does not merely refer to the state of Louisianna. The original Louisianna Purchase was a chunk of land that included the states of Louisianna AND Arkansas (it was split later)...it was purchased by the US from Napoleon Bonaparte.

Why would Obama refer to it as the Louisianna Purchase??.....Louisianna & Arkansas have been two separate states for some time now. Louisianna IS quite unique still....for law students there, they must study 4 years instead of the traditional 3 because Louisianna Law is still subject to the Napoleonic Code....but other than that...I'm at a loss.

Any thoughts as to why this particular phrase was used???

I'm going to try and be nice to you.

Obama NEVER said "Louisiana Purchase".

You were told by the title of the OP and the video title, and Drudge, and Brietbart news, that Obama said "Louisiana Purchase", and so you believe it.

You believe this lie, even though you have full access to the video and the transcript of the interview.

If you watched the video, and LISTENED, and read the transcript CAREFULLY, you'd realize President Obama never said "Louisiana Purchase".

So do you understand why it is taking all my effort to be nice to you, someone who believes what ever they are spoon fed?

The only remaining question is, any particular thoughts on to why you allowed yourself to be so completely mislead?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join