It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milton Friedman - Putting An End To Fascism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by buick

In my book, "balance" does not equate to violence.

Fiat currency is enforced at gun point.

Central banking is enforced at gun point.

Income taxes are enforced at gun point.

Market regulations are enforced at gun point.

"Balance" comes from eliminating the state sanctioned violence that forces central banking and fiat currency on us. "Balance" comes from allowing private citizens to trade goods and labor freely in an open market without coercion.

That's balance.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Has Milton Friedman ever filed slander law suits against N.Klein?

I ask this from a non famous persons perspective-
I would not take kindly to anyone saying such things about me,and would take legal action to get her film,book and all such lies about me eradicated through the courts,with compensation and full apology/jail terms for the slanderer.

If I was a well known economist,in the public eye and with financial resourses-I would be far more likely to do all of the above to clear my name,in the full glare of the MSM of course.

Has Milton tried anything like that?
If not why not?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I think he preferred to respond with intellectual arguments rather than lawsuits.

Friedman was a big free speech advocate.

You can read an interview of him where he talks extensively about free speech rights here.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I was replying to Jdub's statement that a military dictatorship can not have a free market economy.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kokatsi
The Cato institute to me is about as reliable as presstv from Iran.
They are paid ideological shills - it is useful for the PTB to have this shade in the spectrum.

Point to work by the Cato institute that is unreliable or ideological (aka dead wrong and impractical).

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I would suggest looking a little deeper into Milton Friedman and the Chicago school. They created the economic model for "shock and awe" that has brought death and ruin on many south american nations (amongst others). They were also the CIA tie-in to put agents into critical postitions in said nations.
Austrian economics are indeed a good model for capitalism but sadly what Friedman often spoke was not what was practiced.
Friedman belongs in the hall of shame for international criminals if you ask me.

I already responded to this, but have learned more and have something to add. Milton Friedman has a son David Friedman. He describes himself as a "anarchist-anachronist-economist". David Friedman in turn has a son named Patri Friedman. Patri Friedman is a major leader of the Seasteading project. As such, he is so bothered by the system we've got he'd rather build a new country from scratch than be subjected to this authoritarian CIA fascism we've got.

Given the very extreme pro-liberty positions of Milton Friedman's family tree I find it ridiculous that you could claim otherwise without specifying the evidence against him. I believe the idea that Friedman has anything to do with "shock and awe" economics is 100% fabricated and baseless.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

most of it, unpracrical for the people, practical for rich globalists. believers will never change.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well

You do realize the Coup in Chile was a symptom of the Fascist US government getting involved in other countries politics?

You do not advocate violence, yet this interventionist corporatist policy resulted in ACTUAL violence and death.

Ah but it made some money

9 - 11 -1973

ironic considering your recent 9-11 threads and our governments hand in both do you think?

Regardless of the results of such policies 36 years after the fact, you are applauding a plan enacted by a Fascist Dictator, backed by our Fascist government (that you claim hate), all of whom overthrew a freely elected president by a free people, in a democracy, that is not an imperial sovereign of the US government, all to appease Giant US corporations and
Politicians connected to said corporations and US government?

Of course the Chilean people cannot make decisions for themselves and need their
decisions made by the United States FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

Freedoms
Responsibilities
Liberties
Patriotisms
Unalienable rights
Thomas Jefferson
Ben Franklin
and
Bald Eagles

The undertones of hypocrisy are EPIC sir

For someone who claims to hate the government, force, tyranny, Fascism, TPBT and
the ELITE corporate power structure, just - EPIC - should win an award

FREEDOM IS WHAT I SAY!

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
[edit on 28-3-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Interesting Post . Star and Flag for you ! Here is a Profetic Video Speech made by Robert Welch from 52 years ago that might Shock you with it's Vision.....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kokatsi
reply to post by truthquest

most of it, unpracrical for the people, practical for rich globalists. believers will never change.

Exactly the opposite. America and Hong Kong both prove that economic freedoms are exactly what eliminates poverty. The examples are endless. In real life... politicians do next to nothing for the poor and everything for their donors (the rich). And that is why free market economics as described by Milton Freidman, Milton Friedmans son, and Milton Friedman's son's son all are proven to work in real life.

Statistics do show that poverty is eliminated through capitalism. I'll definitely make it a point to put together the statistics by the middle of summer and post them on ATS as proof that poverty is destroyed by capitalism and created by arbitrary market regulations. Civil lawsuits do wonders to solve economic problems much much better than arbitrary laws.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join