It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Census Form - coming to your mailbox!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I just received my US Census form. I admit I was a bit leery of opening it, because of all the stuff I had read that it would contain: tons of personal questions such as when you go to work and get home, your income, where you work and so on. I actually had leaned towards not filling it out.

ATS sources about the Census:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, I opened it up and to my surprise it has a total of 10 questions. That's it. 10 questions. Attached is my picture of my form.

Here is the site with the actual form which is the exact same form I received.

The Questions on the Form
One of the shortest forms in history - 10 Questions in 10 Minutes

I'm curious as to everyone's thoughts on this form.
Are you surprised the form isn't anything like all the drama surrounding it?
Will you fill it out now?

My thoughts? I will fill it out without a doubt. None of the questions are invasive IMO.

However, I just learned of The American Community Survey which will be mailed out to a sampling of the population. The questions are much more invasive (how much is your mortgage and electricity payment, as an example). Here is the .pdf of the form.

Apparently this is mailed out every year.

The American Community Survey (ACS) began full implementation of housing unit address in 2005. Since 2005, the ACS interviews samples of housing units in all counties in the United States (including the District of Columbia) and in all of the municipalities in Puerto Rico. Each year approximately 3 million housing unit addresses in the United States and Puerto Rico are selected.

ASC FAQ's

I think this is the form that may have people a bit more paranoid and annoyed, but its been sent out every year for awhile now. I wonder how they select the recipients. I havent done that much research into it.

[edit on March 15th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
M'lady,
you are lucky and got the short form. There are two different census forms and many in the inner city and even in some rural areas are getting the long form with 40-60 questions depending on the area covered. The long form asks some very intimate questions. I'm awaiting my form which should arrive in the next few days.

Zindo

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Reply to post by greeneyedleo

I am going to send mine back but I am not filling it out. Mine will have a Post-it note stuck on it telling them to go to hell.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I got it. Took a big ol black marker and put down the following:
2 people.
No one else.
On the questions, just the sex and that the race is human being. Sealed it and sending it back out to the census. If they show up, I will hold out my fingers, and tell them 2 human beings live here and to get off the property of I will not only call the cops and have them arrested for tresspassing and prowling.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I will fill it out, I will be complete and honest.

And if I get the long form, I will fill it out, I will be complete and honest.

I have nothing to hide...and I am not paranoid about them using my information for a sinister plot.

If I was that paranoid of the government being invasive to my privacy...I certainly wouldn't raise red flags by not filling out the form or filling it out in an unacceptable way.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
What's wrong with the census? What happens if you say you have 200 children or something like that?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I got mine today.

10 questions.

Easy peasy.

Filled it out and it is now waiting for the mailman to pick it up tomorrow.

No biggy.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I got the same exact form as in the picture. According to this page: www.census.gov... the long form goes to about 1 in 6 households. I'm not sure where you came up with the information on who is getting the long form, but I'm not in a "white" area and I got the short form.

I plan on answering it and sending it back, there is very little information (at least on the short form) and I can't imagine it being used in a nefarious way. I mean, basically all it says is that I'm 1 person living in a house that I rent. Information that is readily available anyways for anyone who really cared to find out.

*edit*

Forgot to add, they most likely won't do anything but just so you know, it is required by law to fill this form out and they can fine you if you don't. usgovinfo.about.com...

[edit on 15-3-2010 by Pimpish]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I got mine today, filled it out and drove it to the post office box so they get it ASAP (although, the form wanted to know how many people live in my home on April 1, 2010....I had to make a prediction
). It was an easy 10 questions (for the head of household) and 5 for each additional resident.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
They brought our short form to the door today as we have a PO box.
My husband was VERY rude to her. I just told him to stop and take the form.
Ya know, even in the time of Christ there was a census.

Now , on the personal questions on the longer form we have got in the past, we just left blank.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The only thing I won't answer on the short form is the phone number. I refuse to provide that to anyone aside from my immediate family. I take great pains to ensure that it is unlisted, private and not published anywhere. Should they show up asking about my phone number they will be informed I have no telephone.

Other than that, I don't see a big deal with the short form.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

Where in my post did I say anything about race. Using the term inner city does not have a racial connotation unless you put one there. matter of fact many inner cities are now gentrified and interracial and culturally diverse.

Zindo

[edit on 3/15/2010 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Ok, I live in the inner city and I got the short form. Is that better?

Whether you mentioned race or not, I'm quite sure you know as well as I do what is implied here in America when one says "inner city."

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I filled mine out today. My name, the names of my family, ages, birth dates, and race. As for the telephone number, I was happy to give out my landline number, which has never had a telephone or answering machine associated with it. I have it just for situations like this.

I'll believe there are two versions of the census when someone posts it.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I got a form letter this past week giving me a heads up that my census form would be coming.

WHAT? Why the hell didn't they just put the damn form in THAT envelope and save half the postage? At least now I can gird my loins for the ACTUAL forms. Cripes.

Reminds me of that John Hurt (Hadden) quote from 'Contact': "First rule of government spending: Why build one, when you can build two at twice the price" ...or something to that effect.

Idiots.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Okay, we got the short form, too.
How much info MUST you provide?
I don't like giving out my DOB or phone number, I see no reason as I thought the census was a head count for dividing congressional lines...and that is all.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Got the letter, will not be opening it, but sending it back. TPTB are counting their sheep, are you one? Not me.

Anyone who fills it out is nuts. How gullible a society of sheep do they have, you will answer that?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Yes, I got mine in the maild today also.

What upsets me is the freaking "pre-cenus form" letter I got last week telling me that the survey would be here this week. I am sure they sent it out to everyone also.

What a waste of money and efforts. Combine that with the supid promotional program and vehicles the GOV bought to tell us the cenus was coming....

Waste waste waste.

The wife is completing the short form-I refuse to. Why? Cause I know the old school bldg (now apts) down the street full of illegals won't do it but they will most likely be the receiptants of any benifits that come out of all of it.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Why are people averse to giving out their date of birth? If you have a social security number, the feds already have it.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddio
Got the letter, will not be opening it, but sending it back. TPTB are counting their sheep, are you one? Not me.

Anyone who fills it out is nuts. How gullible a society of sheep do they have, you will answer that?

You can call me a sheep all you want...it is so overused and used for so many different reasons...everyone is called a sheep by someone for some reason.

So I may be "sheep" by your standards...but I will be hiding in plain sight blending in with the crowd while you are singled out screaming from a podium saying "LOOK AT ME....LOOK AT ME".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join