It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIGHT BEAM SEEN IN CHICHÉN ITZA: Authentic UFO phenomena or major hoax???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Ok guys, before you say this subject already was discussed here, plz READ the whole thread.
Days ago, someone opened a thread reporting a massive beam of light photographed above the Kukulkan pyramid, in Chichén Itza, Mexico. A containing was posted originally in the Italian website Segni dal Cielo, "Signs from Heaven", managed by Massimo Fratini, supposedly the same guy that took the pictures in front of Kukulkan pyramid. Or by someone from Italy, close to Fratini. This assumption is based in the screenshot of the computer's directory where the pics were stored. You can check it in the link above.
Ok, it's clear on Fratini's website, that he (or whoever took them) took 3 images with resolution 1536x2048 using an iPhone, I mean, what you see in his website are reduced cropped versions of the original images, so the first question we do is: Why Fratini, in possession of the original hi-res pics, and willing to share them on web, would provide only cropped samples??
The answer is in his own website. A sequence of images suggesting a further investigation, with the subtitles:

Courtesy of Joseph Garofalo and Jaime Maussan

Copyright © Jaime Maussan

It seems the original images were sold to Mexican investigator Jaime Maussan, that immediately sold them to some Mexican TV channel and the matter you can watch right now:

Needless to say the name "Jaime Maussan" was ever accompanied by the word "hoax" in the other threads about this event, but without a solid investigation. I sent some emails to Massimo Fratini, almost begging for the original pics, in hi-res. I committed myself to blur any familiar face and keep the due credits, but none of my contacts had answer. After watching the video that's available on You Tube, I noticed some detail that could indicates a hoax. It's a simple detail but it seems it passed unnoticed by the Mexican TV that aired the matter:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f39ff9aac112.jpg[/atsimg]

Above it's a screenshot of the Maussan video.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8768fdcb52a7.jpeg[/atsimg]
Above the same shot zoomed 250%

Maussan had claiming this massive beam of light was fired right from the top chamber of the pyramid, toward the sky. I could believe him, due the intense UFO activity in Mexico, if not for one detail:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/461722c3cb48.jpeg[/atsimg]
As you can see above, there's absolutely no source of light within the top-chamber. There's no door and we can see all dark there. IMO would be impossible that amount of energy being fired from this chamber and it still in the dark.

Ok guys, that's my analyze and I would appreciate so much your commentaries.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by ucalien]

[edit on 15-3-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

G'day ucalien

Unfortunately, yours is the 3rd or 4th thread to be started about this topic during the past few days.

The source is noted by all as being extremely dubious.

Sorry mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

It seems the original images were sold to Mexican investigator Jaime Maussan, that immediately sold them to some Mexican TV channel and the matter you can watch right now

And that kills it, right there- the guy is a known con artist, and does these things for his own wallet, no matter how fake they may be.

And then edited to add: And probably does some of his own fakes to boot.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Nice point. I also noticed on the top of the pyramid, in the right corner, there seems to be a bird of some sorts perched there.

Now if there realy was some sort of high energy beam coming from/to the pyramids tip, would a bird think it would be a fine place to stand and watch? And to watch that close??

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Who flagged this?
Second line
Third: Jamie Maussan

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Unfortunately, yours is the 3rd or 4th thread to be started about this topic during the past few days. The source is noted by all as being extremely dubious.

I know there were 3 or 4 prior threads about this subject, and in NO ONE of them, someone presented ANY evidence these pics were faked, I mean, to say they are fakes is ONE thing, to show WHY they are fakes is ANOTHER thing. My intention were cut out the burn-jaime-maussan-til-the-bones free criticism and bring a mature investigation.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Please post in the existing threads

Closing

Thank you

Semper

new topics

top topics

join