It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The super-sized 43st mother who is determined to become the world's fattest woman

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

The super-sized 43st mother who is determined to become the world's fattest woman

www.dailymail.co.uk

Donna Simpson already weighs 43st, but she is determined to nearly double her size to become the world's fattest woman.

The 42-year-old from New Jersey, U.S, is set on reaching the 1,000lb mark (71st) in just two years. Remarkably she insists she is healthy, despite now needing a mobility scooter when she goes shopping.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
It's very rare for me to see a story that i feel so strongly about but this one did it for me. This woman wants to become the fattest woman in the world. That's her aim in life. To be extremely obese.

The reason i put this in the Alternative News Section, is that i think a good discussion is up for grabs here. This woman has a child. If a person proudly proclaimed that they were going to develop a massive heroin addiction, what would child services do?

This is tantamount to the same thing as far as i am concerned. She is deliberately going to handicap herself in such a way, she will no longer be able to look after her child.

Should she have the child taken off her now? I say yes. What she does with her body is her own business, but when you've got a child and you don't take that into consideration, then it becomes other peoples business.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
When she starts "trying" to scream for help because she is dieing of heart failure, we should all gather around her and shake our heads in disapproval... tisk tisk tisk.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
When she starts "trying" to scream for help because she is dieing of heart failure, we should all gather around her and shake our heads in disapproval... tisk tisk tisk.

Exactly...i would say this woman certainly has mental issues and some might say this is merely an addiction and cannot be helped, but the fact that she is deliberately saying she is trying to put on more weight.....i don't know. Like i said, her child should be taken off her right now.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by geek101

I was about to agree with you until I noticed the source dailymail.co.uk...seriously it's clone of FAUX News. Don't believe anything you read there, it's only for entertainment.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
reply to post by geek101

I was about to agree with you until I noticed the source dailymail.co.uk...seriously it's clone of FAUX News. Don't believe anything you read there, it's only for entertainment.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by December_Rain]

I agree, the Daily Mail sucks as a source, but there doesn't seem to be any reason why they would make this up. I know how they are generally, but this story does seem to be the real deal:
Here is apparently, her MySpace page:

Donna Simpson

[edit on Mon Mar 15th 2010 by geek101]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
This story made me recall stories in the late 1970s and early 1980s from the British comic 2000ad. Much of what happened in the Judge Dredd stories were fairly satirical takes on what was happening in modern culture, often American culture. I remember stories about the 'fatties' who aspired to being as big as possible and were only capable of moving around with the aid of belly wheels (basically unicycles that carried the weight of huge stomachs). It's weird how things pan out.

Funnily enough a patent for this device appeared in America during the late 1990s.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Unfortunately your link didn't work but it's interesting what you said. Thing is, why would anyone aspire to be unhealthy? Is this just the same (but opposite) of girls who aspire to be stick thin?
The fact that she apparently has a web page where guys pay to watch her eat fast food.....beggars belief

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by geek101

Unfortunately your link didn't work but it's interesting what you said. Thing is, why would anyone aspire to be unhealthy? Is this just the same (but opposite) of girls who aspire to be stick thin?
The fact that she apparently has a web page where guys pay to watch her eat fast food.....beggars belief

Sorry about that. I was trying to link to Google's cache and there was a problem for some reason. It's now linking directly to the page.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

That's quite amazing. Wow. I suppose everyone needs their comforts, right?
I particularly liked this bit:

The bellywheel will improve the mobility of obese people. At work, at home while rushing for the refrigerator, or to the nearest all you can eat.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I think its sad because she has a daughter.
What happens to her daughter when she dies of a heart attack in a few years?
and what sort of memory is her daughter going to have of her mother? " my mummy died because she ate her self to death because she wanted to be the worlds fattest women."

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I feel sorry for her child. I mean, it's possibly the utmost act of selfishness short of suicide, although she appears to be passing this off as some celebrity-wannabe career to a better life!

Delusional.

(Warning before going into her myspace - this is not pretty and some of her 'friends' appear to be going along for the ride)!

Her webpage

She needs help, not 'friends' encouraging her.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
My concern:

Children learn by watching those around them. Hopefully this child will realize that her mother's eating habits are unhealthy....but she may not. Regardless, that child will suffer because of taunts of other kids, self-esteem issues, etc. I think the Mom needs help, but I'm more concerned about the child involved.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
wycky and Breifne

Completely agree, the fact that she has a child makes this all the more disturbing. I have seen programmes before about extremely obese people and how their children are basically having to take care of them and themselves, because they can't. I know, she has a husband and if you ask me, he's just as bad, encouraging her.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Yeah, that's another issue...will her child grow up thinking this is what is good? An ambition to be extraordinarily overweight?
Which is why i think Social Services should step in now. As i said before, if this was a person saying that they were going to become deliberately addicted to heroin, then i think more people would say..."no". As it is, she has "friends" on MySpace, as well as her husband, encouraging this destructive behaviour.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

That's quite amazing. Wow. I suppose everyone needs their comforts, right?
I particularly liked this bit:

The bellywheel will improve the mobility of obese people. At work, at home while rushing for the refrigerator, or to the nearest all you can eat.

Inevitably, there's going to be some Americans that will see this as a slight on Americans and America itself. So, in my defence, don't worry, I'm fairly conscious of the fact that much of the British population is getting obese on their daily rations of American junk food: McDonalds, KFC, Domino's Pizza, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Dunkin Donuts and so on.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Exactly...i would say this woman certainly has mental issues and some might say this is merely an addiction and cannot be helped, but the fact that she is deliberately saying she is trying to put on more weight

This woman has a partner.

You might expect her long-term partner Philippe, 49, to advise her to slim down, but instead he encourages her to eat more.

He met Donna on a dating site for plus-size people and is a self-confessed fat admirer, although he himself only weighs 150lbs.

'I think he'd like it if I was bigger,' said Donna.

'He's a real belly man, and completely supports me.'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

This man is probably what is known as a "feeder". Fat women is a sex fetish for them, and the bigger the woman is, the more turned on these men get. They will feed and fatten up their woman to make her more and more sexually attractive to them, and they don't care at all that her health is destroyed.

And the women will happily let him do it. She will sacrifice her health and ultimately also her life for his "love".

This woman needs therapy and counseling to help her with her self esteem issues. And she seriously needs to get this sick bastard "feeder" Philippe as far away from her and her child as possible.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60

This woman needs therapy and counseling to help her with her self esteem issues. And she seriously needs to get this sick bastard "feeder" Philippe as far away from her and her child as possible.

Completely agree with you. Although it does seem like she is not doing this entirely for him. The fact that she pays for this "diet" by charging men to watch her eat fast food...tells me that she has a big part in this also. It also tells me that there are a lot of fools out there willing to be parted with their money. Why would you pay to watch that? Couldn't they just go to McDonalds?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I am sure the rest of the article is interesting, but I cannot seem to get past 43st

I am not normally a total grammar nazi- but is no one else as bothered by this as I am??

Maybe I need coffee--but my poor brain will not skip past trying to say aloud "43st".

ETA: I reread, and I presume the article is really saying "43 stone"...but we Yanks wouldn't get that right off the bat at 7 am. When someone figures out how to say aloud "43st", pls U2U me- I'm stymied.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by cjcord]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by cjcord

First of all, your signature seems ironic now :-)

Secondly, is that not the way "stone" is usually abbreviated?

I thought it was, but now you've got me thinking...is it really supposed to be that?

edit cos i saw your edit....lol. "st" is indeed the abbreviation for "stone"....i do apologise for posting something that wasn't in "Yankee speak"

[edit on Mon Mar 15th 2010 by geek101]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join