It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I nearly astral Projected

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm not sure this is good advice or not, so please take what you want out of it.

I accidentally had 2 OBEs when I was ~17y/o so you are definitely not too young.

The only thing I did differently during that time period, was I was trying to do chakra meditation every night. Except that every night, by the time I opened my chakra up to my throat or eye area, I fall asleep and forget to continue.

I didn't know at the time that you need to close them back up.

One night I woke up to find myself floating out of my body except my head was stuck. I couldn't get it out and after floating for what felt like 5 minutes or so, I went back into my body and slept.

That was a fun and peaceful experience. I wanted to try to do it again but couldn't. There was barely anything on the internet back then; I tried the basic stuff. Nothing worked.

I still didn't put 2 and 2 together about my chakra opening at that time, so I continued with it, falling asleep sometimes before reaching the crown, sometimes after, but never did I close them.

I was tired all the time and feeling drifty, but didn't think much of it.

One night, I woke up again, but this time, my spiritual body could only be described as bubbling like a rocket about to take off, for about 30 seconds. Very violent vibrations. Then I shot straight into space and as soon as it happened, I snapped back into my body.

That experience scared the he!! out of me. It was then that I started putting the pieces together.

Sooo... like I said, not sure if this is good advice. I was able to do OBE from mistakenly opening my chakras without closing them, but I'm not sure about the dangers of that, and I was definitely tired and disconnected from doing it wrong.

And FYI, I have sleep paralysis my entire life. OBE feels nothing like that, or lucid dreams or anything else. If it happens, you'll know it's real like nothing else.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Cheers for the information Truth and Lurker.

I am going to keep going at it, tried yesterday but just fell asleep.
I don't think I'm going to bother wit the bin aural beats they just make me fall asleep, i go further just without them.

Lurker is it possible that you could describe or provide a video or something of how to open my chakras i have no idea of doing that.

I think tonight I'm going to come of the internet earlier but i really doubt i will, but I'm just going to relax, lie down and go through the stages slowly, i think the problem with me doing this is when i do get to the vibrational stage i get to excited.

I just want to fly to be honest

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mtaftm

Is there any "point" to astral projection? What are the risks? I'm interested in trying it, well attempting, but i want to know what im getting into first.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mtaftm

Funny how it's impossible to find the right article or video when you're intentionally looking for it!

This video essentially is a quickie guide on how:

Youtube Chakra Video

There seem to be slight differences in techniques. (I didn't ground myself like the video said when I accidentally did the OBE, but now I do since I don't want to OBE) I always used to read that you should close the chakras from the top down, unlike the video. I was specifically looking for an article/video that shows how to close them but a surprising number of articles don't mention that part. I close them by visualizing a cap on the front and back of a chakra, tightening both until the spinning stops and the colour is a muted tone. Others close them by visualizing them like flower petals folding inward like a closed flower. See what works for you (if you're closing them).

I did this for about 1-2 months every night before I had the first accident.

For your purpose, be sure to do this lying down. But it's a wonderful meditation to do no matter what.

reply to post by ItsAgentScully

I'm not an expert. I recall reading things about the silver cord and you need to be careful about bad spirits trying to take your body. I had 1 positive and 1 negative experience, but neither was associated with any other spirits (but they were shortlived expeeriences).

The first time, as I was floating and stuck. It was full of peace and clarity. In terms of peace, I would say for me, it was close in feeling to the 2 seconds before being put to sleep for my wisdom teeth extraction. But the clarity ... is not something I can describe. It's particularly hard to describe how you can "see" 360 degree, all around you, at the same time, although you don't even realize it at the time because you're likely to focus on one spot.

But don't be blinded by the positive accounts. See if the risks are believable and worth it to you.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Several years ago I worked for a small local magazine. I was hired as a music writer but it was well known that I had an interests in the paranormal, so my editor asked me to start a regular column dealing with the paranormal and conspiracies. One of the subjects I covered was astral projection. I decided that if I was going to do the subject justice, I would need to actually try it. So, over a period of a few months I researched it as thoroughly as I could. I read dozens of books and articles. I interviewed several experts; some came across as new-age crackpots, while others were very convincing.

Once I felt I had a solid understanding of the steps and processes, I started to try it. I would find a solitary place, usually an unused room in our house or sometimes on the back porch, always later in the evening, after the kids were asleep. I would relax, using some mediation techniques one of the “experts” taught me. I tried for several weeks, two or three times a week, but nothing happened, although I did find myself to be much more relaxed and calmer during the days.

My deadline for the article was close and I pretty much figured it was going to happen. But one night, lying in bed, I was a little restless and was thinking about the article, I began going over the techniques to attempt Astral Projection and I began to relax, I felt my body getting very relaxed and almost fluid-like. And than I fell asleep, moments later I opened my eyes and above me was the night sky, I turned to see where I was and I was still in my room, in bed next to my wife, but above me was the sky. It was a dreamlike state but it felt so real. I sat up and got out of bed, yet as I looked back, I could see myself lying there, sound asleep. I decided to explore my dream, so I began to walk around the house, the floor, walls and furnishings were all the same, but there was no ceiling, just a vast open sky, no clouds and no smog, just space. As I explored the house, I came upon my daughters’ room. I went in and looked at my little girls sleeping like angels. My oldest daughter stirred a bit and opened her eyes, look towards me and then fall back asleep. I explored the house for a more minutes and then proceeded outside, I got to the edge of our driveway and was unable to go any farther. I stood there for a few minutes and than all of a sudden my alarm went off and I woke up in my bed, it was morning. The whole experienced felt as if it had lasted a few minutes but I had been asleep for about four hours.

I just assumed it was a dream and to this day it still feels like a dream, but that evening at dinner, my daughter said that she thought she had seen a ghost in her room that night standing over her.

I tried several times after that to do it again and it never happened again. I’m a bit of a skeptic and tend to dismiss stories like this. In all likelihood, I had immersed myself in Astral Projection for several months and was under some pressure to finish the article, and it was all a dream. But my daughter thinking she saw a ghost the same night I dreamt I was in their room always makes me think there may have been something to it.

No real information here, just thought I’d share my experience.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSdelurker

Cheers for the video, sorry bin so long to reply, had a good weekend
for some reason i ain't getting to the vibrational stage but like every night im going to give it a shot.

The chakra meditation felt real strange but very uplifting to i will defiantly bookmark that

reply to post by silentium1

Maybe who knows, sounds very strange though, and i thought astral projection felt like hours instead of minutes, maybe it could of been a lucid dream or an astral projection but sounds very interesting, have you tried recently to do it?

also what did you do to try to enduce the projection, techniques wise, would be good to know so i know that i aint doing anything diffrent.

Peace out A-town

[edit on 22-3-2010 by mtaftm]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
To the experience projectors, what kind of beings have you encountered while projecting?

I've been reading some interesting things from the astralpulse forum. Some people say they have seen monsters and some say angels....

silentium1 - it does sound kind of like a lucid dream but the fact that you saw that you left your body and the thing with your daughter really gives it more substance imo.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Frakkerface]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Hello everyone. 1st let me tell u abit about myself n give u some history. haha
My name is Chris, but y'all can call me moondog. I've just began "seriously" meditating about a week ago n have prolly only done it 4 times. I've been ever so interested/infatuated with astral travel/OBE(whatever u wanna call it) for a good 6 months but have never really made total seperation... at least not consciously.

I thought I would share with u a personal experience that happened about 3 days ago. Im not gonna limit my experience to a specific name so call it what you will. Well, here it is...

It was a normal day in hometown, Michigan. Did the same thing I would anyother routine day. So, fast forwarding to nightime... It was around 11:30 n I was in my bed watching TV trying to relax from a rough day, n then tha thought popped in my head, "I should try n meditate to see how relaxed I can get.!!" So I shut off my TV n concentrated on breathing (Inhale..1..2..3.. Exhale..1..2..3). I did this for about 30mins or so, n noticed how 'centered' I was. I mean my mind was completely still, n i could never do this before so I was kinda shocked. But after tha breathing exercize I would juss keep my focus on the feeling of my head being COMPLETELY empty. After about another 10 minutes I really started to feel this... "connection" i guess, like I was actually "expanding my awareness.!!" N at tha time I thought this was absolutely crazy cuz I could NEVER do this before. In total I would say I spent a total of 60mins meditating, I stopped because I started to get a lil sleepy. so I slowly brought myself back down "to a normal state of consciousness," so to speak. after I felt I was fully back to normal, I rolled over on my side n fell asleep around 12:35. Now this is the weird part...

Im not sure what time it was, but suddenly I was aware of my sleeping body n heard this, sound... like rushing wind in my ear but very loud. I remember reading many accounts were right before one seperated, they would hear certain LOUD sounds (wind, high frequency tones, voices) directly in ther ear. After about 10 seconds of hearin "the wind" tha noise started to change into like 100 voices speaking at once n I couldnt understand any of them... VERY weird. but after another 10 seconds of hearin tha voices, I noticed that I could see, which was awkward cuz I realized I was still layin on my side, ASLEEP.!! So to test if I was really seeing (through closed eye lids!!) I thought about putting my hand infront of my face n all the sudden it was there, but i could still see through it at tha same time. The next thing I know, I was on tha ground... but instead of standing on tha ground, I was stading on tha wall. I dont know how else to explain it. So, I tried jumpin n noticed I would float for a few seconds then come back down, so tha next time I jumped harder n "felt my fingers go through the other wall..." then tha next thing I knew, I was back in my bed with my body buzzin like crazy n a high-pitched ringing in my ears n then I went back to sleep.

Thats my story, sorry if it was a lil lengthy but i wanted to give y'all a full discription.

All knowledge/oppinions u guys have to offer is greatly appreciated, even if I dont like it. haha

Much love n light(=
-moondog

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by moondog_0003

Sorry all, my laptop was broke so i aint been on for a wee while,

I tried last night to astral but i keep getting to excited when i get to the flippin vibrational stage grrr!

anyways im doing chakra meditation, first time i did it, i felt amazing, like i felt the tingling in my chakras and when i got to my third i , it felt like it was there i couldnt control the tingling sensation, and i couldnt energize my root chakra because it was that intense, however it felt awsome

moondog great experience i think when i'm in the mood im going to try that, i would love to float aroudn the room and that

anyways peace out A-town xD

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mtaftm

Haha, yea. I made a thread about my experience, so if u want check it out n drop a comment er 2.!!

Here it Is:
Transcendental... or ...Mind Games

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join