It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got a question on dreaming.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
PZ, sounds like you sleep as well as I do.

I'm sorry.........

CV, is Tylenol like Panadol? Sorry bud, that barely touches the sides. I have never slept well. It takes me at least an hour to get to sleep, I wake up 3 - 4 times a night and I'm usually wide awake about an hour before my alarm goes off. My dreams are vivid and they seem to be the reason I wake up during the night.

In stark contrast, my gf sleeps like a log, is out by the time I have kissed her good night and wakes up to her alarm, fresh as a daisy. She rarely remembers her dreams.

There are those who sleep and those who do not irrespective of pills or medication.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by OZtracized]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
its more about you not remembering them. you do dream, you just have no recall.

to get recall means good sleep hygiene, and other more unknown factors. if you are serious then get a sleep study. maybe you have a large amount of arousals. (i'm in the field lol)

for a less medical answer, try a hypnotic like ambien cr. i had better recall and weirder dreams. lol

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

now you need a sleep study. haha.

try ephedrine at bedtime. sounds weird but if it helps then try a sleep study

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Try praying to God each and every time you go to bed. Have a target of question in your mind as you relax and go to sleep. Here is why:

Job 33:14-19 (New International Version)

14 For God does speak—now one way, now another—
though man may not perceive it.

15 In a dream, in a vision of the night,
when deep sleep falls on men
as they slumber in their beds,

16 he may speak in their ears
and terrify them with warnings,

17 to turn man from wrongdoing
and keep him from pride,

18 to preserve his soul from the pit, [a]
his life from perishing by the sword.

19 Or a man may be chastened on a bed of pain
with constant distress in his bones,

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Eating cheese at some point before going to sleep helps.

That's my experience at least. Some pizza could do the trick.

Also waking up somewhat early and trying to remember the dreams.
Sometimes they come back to me the following night.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Two things help me with dream recall. One is vitamin B6. B6 allows you too see better in your dreams so you get a better picture. This in turn makes it easier to remember dreaming about it. B6 can be taken way over the recommended daily value of like 1 mg. I suggest starting at 50 mg, but that's just me.

Number two: Melatonin. Melatonin is secreted in the pineal glad, the area of the brain that is believed activated during dreaming. I take about 3mg right before going to sleep AT NIGHT. It is important to take this stuff at night because it produces it's own light. To produce inner light when there is sunlight during the day can cause problems. Take it right before sleep and usually your dreams will become more vivid. The B6 will how a clearer picture along with the vividness and easier recall gained from melatonin.

B6 and melatonin has helped me recall my dreams better, but only try this method if you are comfortable with it. Either way, good luck!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

I find I dream more when I am in a relaxed mood.

The best way in my opinion is to do this...

Lets say you got to bed at 11pm and you get up at 8am.... and it's a weekend so you have a little time to sleep in as this experiment can leave you tired unless you have the time. Anyway so you go to bed at 11pm, set your alarm to interrupt your sleep say around 6am. Try move a little as possible when your alarm goes off, key is to be half a sleep. Turn your alarm off and then go back to sleep, simple hey.

It really does work, seems this interruption helps you remember your dream. You will either have one straight away once you go back to sleep or remember the one you just had. Because we dream every-night without fail, we just don't always remember.

Lucid Dreaming is another subject, first try to remember at least 3 dreams a week or whatever your goal is. It's important you set goals, tell yourself, believe in yourself that you are going to achieve them goals.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join