It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moloch on big ad company wall

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Hey all, noticed this image on my travels...

Ad company Moloch

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d33584abd2d4.jpg[/atsimg]

It was just being hung on the wall alongside several others, all of which depicted not particularly friendly skeletons in the lotus position surrounded by pyramids...

Anyway, make what you will of it, I just thought it was pretty odd having a picture of moloch on the walls of such a big Advertising company

Friday is upon us all...

enjoy!...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
That looks more like the "Devil". Isn't Moloch that giant owl?

This depiction of the "Devil" I've seen on Tarot cards before.

EDIT: Note the double-helix (DNA) structure in the form of a snake that is emerging from his genital area. Also note that one of his breasts is male and the other is female.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by avatar01]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Well,on a related note,Satan is deemed to be "The Father of All Lies",and who hasn't heard the expression,"If it sounds too good to be true,it probably is!"

Then figure in the greed of companies to exploit others,and it seems fitting enough!

I wouldn't want to go to work and have to see that everyday.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I agree, I'm glad I don't work there!!! Just was in doing some work and saw it... You're right, Moloch does take the form of an owl according to alex jones and the bohemiam grove stuff (which i'm not disputing), but I think it's actually Baphomet:

Baphomet

I think also the shape of the goatshead fits into the pentagram which is where alot of the devil stuff comes from... But i'm no occultist

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
You're getting your conspiracy symbolism mixed-up. Moloch is an owl - and, if you're that way inclined, all owls become Moloch symbolism. This, not particularly good drawing (considering it's in an ad company) is a poor knock-off of Eliphas Levi's take on Baphomet in Dogme et Rituel de la Haute Magie.

Most of the people I know that went into advertising wouldn't know what this means. In fact, they rarely know the symbolism behind anything and tend to get through college and university with the smallest amount of exposure to semiotics or any kind of critical theory as possible. Most of their work is based on synthesising current looks and feels in artwork trends and hanging it onto something else and hoping it looks new and 'fresh'.

I personally interpret the hanging of this image in someone's offices as being an attempt to be a bit 'whooo and whaaay' - if that phrase has any currency or meaning other than around here.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Is there any more information you could give on this, such as the name of the advertising company, location, the other pictures (to put it into context), the product (if any) it's selling, etc, etc.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreensGoblin

Looks like the "Goat of Mendes" to me!
Moloch is usually depicted as an old, wise owl.
See " Cremation of care" @ Bohemian grove.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Ummm...ain't that Baphomet? Yeah, I guess its strange, but most of the bands I listen to have that on all their merchandise soooo.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Sure would like to know more about the company where this hangs.
I would be interested in finding out what bill of goods they are trying to sell us. I'd be curious to know the corporations they represent.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Moloch is a bull not an owl, or perhaps he's both, there's two threads on it here on ATS but I don't remember any details:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Not sure if i should post the ad company...but trust me...they are pretty BIG...the picture isn't in someones office tucked away, its at the reception main wall...pretty obvious...and like i said...I don't know to much about symbolism, I have already said that it's baphomet and I've linked the original picture to it....do people not actually read others posts?!?! I get the feeling with half the threads that people skim through and then post their own thoughts before considering the fact that someone else has written it...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
is it possible for a mod (or me) to change the title from Moloch to baphomet?! thanks all

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
That is an ad? It looks like it's a pencil drawing on a piece of paper.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreensGoblin
Not sure if i should post the ad company...but trust me...they are pretty BIG...the picture isn't in someones office tucked away, its at the reception main wall...pretty obvious...and like i said...I don't know to much about symbolism, I have already said that it's baphomet and I've linked the original picture to it....do people not actually read others posts?!?! I get the feeling with half the threads that people skim through and then post their own thoughts before considering the fact that someone else has written it...

Hey there GG,

I was just mulling over what you said about this and the other pictures being hung ... can you say if the pictures were being hung because the company is under new ownership (and so the workplace is having a facelift so to speak) ... or under new managemnt and the new guy/gal is wanting to make their stamp on things ?

And if you can't be specific about the name of the company could you at least tell us where it is (country/city/town etc) ... this could be important.

Finally, is this company known worldwide ... and what field does it cover (just clues without giving too much away).

Thanks in advance

Woody

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

No Problem Woody, there isn't any new management, it seems they have employed artists to update the whole reception, it's filled with a good number of these pics now so it was probably someone rather high up who picked the art that now adorns the main receptions...

I'm not doing anything wrong by posting this picture or naming the location it is being hung at.... it's M&C Saatchi.....pretty big huh?!

I don't work for them, or anything to do with advertising (I quite like my soul after all!) but this is all fun speculation after all...

maybe i'll get some more pics ...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Hey GreensGoblin,

Interesting and very curious image. I was wondering if you could clear up some details as the opening post is kind of vague.

Hey all, noticed this image on my travels...

Where?
Can you elaborate a bit more?

Is this something you found in some obscure business while traveling abroad or is this something local to where you live?

If so, is this particular symbol of Baphomet related to this area in any traditional way?

It was just being hung on the wall alongside several others, all of which depicted not particularly friendly skeletons in the lotus position surrounded by pyramids...

Several other what? Drawings?
Is this part of some exhibit?

I know you said this was inside an Ad company, but how does this image relate to them?

Is it some sort of controversial Ad campaign or something related to religion?
Looks like it is just an image without any context so it is hard for me to tell.

I agree, I'm glad I don't work there!!!

I think also the shape of the goatshead fits into the pentagram which is where alot of the devil stuff comes from... But i'm no occultist

Well "Devil" and "Satan" are really just generic terms and not meant for one specific entity but rather what certain entities can represent. The latter, if you trace back to its origins, simply means "adversary" or "accuser", and is really just as generic as me calling you "man" or someones supreme deity "God" and not Jehovah, Allah, or what have you.

The reason it is generic is because many beings can fall under any of those categories based on the perspective of other beings. Especially man.

The image of Baphomet is more about duality and union if you take the time to inspect it closer. Night and day, male and female, etc. Just like the Yin-Yang Tao symbol. It isn't overtly meant to be an evil omen even if it is usurped to be used as one by the ignorant or the opportunistic. I wouldn't worry or take it seriously, this could simply be a joke or someone just trying to look cool by putting up "the Devil" in or around an office.

That said, I am still curious about where this was placed and why.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

AH, I see you answered one of my questions before I hit post.

M&C Saatchi huh?

Still can't see why this is there.
It doesn't look like an Ad, and instead is just like exhibited art.

I wonder if this is based on some sort of theme they are having there and not a permanent fixture, since you say it is surrounded by macabre "skeletons" or what have you.

I can't see them wanting to scare off potential business by giving them the wrong message right when you walk in.

You could always just ask, too.
I'm sure someone would tell you as they aren't trying to hide it.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I will definately ask about it next week! I spent some time looking at the Baphomet and can see how it is symbolising the dualistic nature of life. It isn't part of any ad campaign and to be honest, if i was a prospective client, i'd be rather scared off!

heres another...sorry about angle!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e1d73f0977c7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Hi TheGreensGoblin, Good thread

I see you are in London So i presume this is in inner London its self ?
Could you give an indication of the location of the building, So i can see if there any patterns in the area (ley lines runes etc), Not my usual topic looking at this type of stuff, But find it intriguing none the less, Wouldn't feel right goings into a building with occult symbols all over the place.. cheers

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

haha...oh there's 'quite' alot of symbolism there (to say the least)....i'm sure you can find out where there London headquarters is with a quick google search...

U2u me for more info if you can't find it, please let me know what you find either way, it'd mean alot

top topics

<<   2 >>

join