It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Are We, Really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Who Are We, Really?

I come here every day, click on "Recent Posts" and read the days news, good stuff, bad stuff, and crazy people's threads, like many of you do. I read about politics, religion, racial issues....I see all of the division in here, and in the world, and I come right back to this original thought.

Not one thing has changed in this divide for a great many years. Still today, mankind/womankind is strictly divided all of the time. If it isn't race, it's politics, if not that, then it's religion, if not that, it's gender....where does it end? Isn't that a fair question? What are we all waiting for, aliens to land?

Folks, we are all basically one thing, and I will explain. First of all we are, each one of us, a carbon based biological being, composed of mostly water. We begin our lives in water, all of us, and our very first meal is blood. So, at first, anyway, we are all Vampires. Does that make you shiver a little? Well, it's true, and you know it is true.

Secondly, we are all members of the human race,with very few exceptions, I might add. We are all Humans, no doubt of that. Oh, we do come in colors, and in various shapes and sizes, but for all effects and purposes, in the end, we are human beings all, and we put our pants on one leg at a time.

Thirdly, we all have a Brain. this is our connection to the source of all things, and to the field of intelligence and knowledge that is there for anyone to have.

Fourth, we are Animated by something... can anyone tell me what it is? It is our Souls. Our Immortal Spirit. This is what drives the body around, the man/woman within the machine, as it were. It is the Spirit that feels pain, and suffering, but only while within the human body. In the Spirit World, the Ether, there is no pain nor suffering, or sadness, I don't think. When I have been there, in an astral manner, I seemed to be quite neutral to anything I saw there.

OK, to recap, we are all carbon based, human beings, containing a Spirit that animates us and gives us our personality, and we come in many colors, shapes and sizes. So why then do we fight wars all the time? The truth is, we don't, not of our own accord. We go because we are ordered.

Humans do not want to go to war, with very few exceptions, someone else decides that for them, right? As a matter of fact, someone else decides a lot of things for us, ins't there? Someone else seems to be dictating to us for a very long time, and we seem to be blissfully unaware of it....

I have clearly shown you that we are all the same. Other than being male and female, which is the balance of Nature, there is not one thing to divide us save for that we choose to embrace.

Now I will tell you all who you are, this is a wake-up call call here, so pay attention.Together we are a Very Powerful Immortal all Knowing, Omnipotent Spiritual Being. Together in the manner, we are the POWER that could in fact shake the Universe to it's rafters. Nothing could, or would try, to stand in our way. So, dear reader, Who Are We?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Here's something to chew on. According to this fellow, we are beings undergoing "telescopic evolution." The evolution process (not only biological but also social, technological, etc.) is speeding up exponentially: 4 million years ago we had hominids, 100,000 years ago or so humanity as we know it, 10,000 years ago the agricultural revolution, a few hundred years ago the industrial revolution, now the information revolution, and so on. Faster and faster. Soon we will reach a point where you will be able to see these kinds of major changes within your lifetime, one after the other We may then "flip over" into a state where the conscious individual ceases to be a passive victim of the evolutionary tide but actually has the ability to shape and control it: an amazing inversion of the human state. The following is worth 3 minutes of your life.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Great concept of born in water, first meal is blood, ect. Thought provoking. But not earth breaking.

Good post. Looks like my friend Mr. Green commented in your other thread you linked to.

To answer: We are the temple(s) of God. You can't find God because you are a part of God. (not your body, YOU!)

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I own this movie, I've seen it a number of times. (a large number) it's a good background movie after you've seen it dozens of times lol. This movie and 'the lathe of heaven' I think, are two of my favorite movies. (of numerous)

"are you a dreamer? times have been tough for dreamers." - Waking life

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Fourth, we are Animated by something... can anyone tell me what it is? It is our Souls. Our Immortal Spirit.

I would disagree, there’s a scientific explanation for why we are animated, obviously.
I’m not saying it’s the only explanation, but there’s little evidence that a soul isn’t the product of imagination.

Humans do not want to go to war, with very few exceptions, someone else decides that for them, right?

I disagree, in every society humans have enjoyed divisiveness, and wars when they feel like they can justify them. Ask anyone if they’d prefer a warless world and of course they’ll say yes, but go a step further and ask if they condone any current wars and they’ll have no problem explaining to you why they think some wars are necessary.

I have clearly shown you that we are all the same.

To a degree, otherwise many of us are radically different, which is why the world does not smoothly progress.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by litmuspaper]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mynameisjuan
reply to post by silent thunder

I own this movie, I've seen it a number of times. (a large number) it's a good background movie after you've seen it dozens of times lol. This movie and 'the lathe of heaven' I think, are two of my favorite movies. (of numerous)

"are you a dreamer? times have been tough for dreamers." - Waking life

I watched it last night for the first time since it came out in 2001. It really blew me away. So many good quotes. And...germaine to the thread topic, it says alot about the human condition.

"They say that dreams are only real as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

"On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion."

"I mean, I'm not saying that you don't know what you're talking about, but I don't know what you're talking about."

"The sea refuses no river. The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving. It saves on introductions and goodbyes. The ride does not require explanation - just occupance. That's where you guys come in."

"Our planet is facing the greatest problems it's ever faced. Ever. So whatever you do, don't be bored. This is absolutely the most exciting time we could have possibly hoped to be alive. And things are just starting."

Also, "The Lathe of Heaven" is one of my all-time favorite books. Are you me?

[edit on 3/11/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I honestly have no idea what we are. I have asked many questions on this board, and have gotten many MANY great answers from many intelligent people. I learned a lot of things, and now I am even more confused then I was at the beginning. I have a gut feeling that there is something after death, maybe some sort of suspended animation state, until reincarnation. I have absolutely no clue. I do know one thing, and that is I am starving, so I’m going to head over to Wendy’s quickly (gotta love their burgers)

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mynameisjuan

I am not a Dreamer, mynameisjuan, I am a Wanderer. A very old, very well travelled Wanderer.
Why do you ask?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I didn't ask, but to clarify since you mentioned it, what do you define a Wanderer as?

I recognized for certain, and felt as though it was a "daytime, time-stopping epiphany" that I know for certain, without any doubt:

1. That what comes after death is real in that awake day time is real and sleep is real.
2. That I know what it is like. I can remember 'knowing' it.

and when I woke up I thought about how if I know I know it, then I must have also known 'not' it. I must have lived before in order to have experienced 'after-lving', was my conclusion. I'm not sure exactly what that means, to me.

But in retrospect, I remember to counter balance by pondering that my dreams are all completely metaphorical for the night time subconscious entertainment. Oh what fun. I like these threads.

Back to autowrench, what would be your specific way to describe what a Wanderer is, and what they are about?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

We're also the same in a way you neglected to mention...

We're a tribal species. Our brains are wired in a way so that we perceive anyone not familiar to us as a "potential hostile" who could be commandeering our territory, our food, our mates, or even our lives. We are predisposed to favor those like us, whether that is defined by race or gender or nationality or fashion sense, and to disfavor those who are not like us.

As a result, we are a species of primate that all have the same subroutine programed into our brain that is constantly pointing out to us how other people don't fit the "norm".

I am a straight male Native American living in Washington. I know I am not the same as a lesbian female Hindi lady living in Johannesburg. We both qualify as "human" of course, and she and I have no reason to not get along, but my brain (and hers) is going to constantly be going "that person is different, you know. They're not like you. They're strangers. keep an eye on them. They might try to drink your milkshake"

This will continue until the two of us strike up some commonality that makes us "alike" on a personal level. This is similar to how in many tribal societies, when two strangers meet, they'll recite their ancestry to try to find a common relative, in order to avoid conflict. it may take an hour, but if they're cousins, then they're friends!

I know the dreamy, dewy-eyed kumbuya watered-down vaguely Buddhist "spirituality" stuff is a big hit with many around here, and the idea that we have divisiveness and savagery stuck in our heads as a matter of species definition is uncomfortable. Tough, it's how it is.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Exactly. We separate people into two categories: "them" and "us". That's it. We've been doing it since the beginning of our ability to do so. What's changing, however, is the "us" group keeps getting larger. It started out as describing our family, then our tribe, then our village, then our city, then our country, and now in some places our continent.

Personally I think it describes everyone on the planet. I hate divisions.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

What YOU say is absolutely Correct....

We're also the same in a way you neglected to mention...

We're a tribal species. Our brains are wired in a way so that we perceive anyone not familiar to us as a "potential hostile" who could be commandeering our territory, our food, our mates, or even our lives. We are predisposed to favor those like us, whether that is defined by race or gender or nationality or fashion sense, and to disfavor those who are not like us.

So now take the Next Step, and ask WHY we are, as you put it correctly; "Wired in a way ......................." ??????

There is a Reason…..

If NOT we would NOT be this way...... but instead another….. ???

To understand this we need to look at Our Root....

This obviously involves us being produced or structured through an Algorithm involving a Paradox.

So Like I have mentioned before, Come to understand the Structure, and Processing of the Geometric Based Algorithm.

If you can understand this Algorithm, all will become very clear, but this will only give us understanding at this time.

But understanding this Algorithm, shall open the Way in the future, that will change our understanding of most things, affecting as well our technologies today.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by litmuspaper

I would disagree, there’s a scientific explanation for why we are animated, obviously.
I’m not saying it’s the only explanation, but there’s little evidence that a soul isn’t the product of imagination.

Most don't know what the Soul really is but only see it as they want to understand and NOT as it actually is....

This is why Science can't discover it or its Origin....

The Soul is the Animation PLAYER.....

A bit like a CD or DVD Player...

Your whole Experience of the Two BOOKS....

a. Your human Form

b. The Environment.

Are an animation Program IN your Soul.

The Soul is NOT in the human Form, but the World including the human form is IN the Soul.

It is very easy to both see and study the Workings of the Soul.

This is not achieved by any special powers no any other Numbo jumbo....

It is just Not generally known, so that is why no one knows what the Soul really is !

I have been involved Full time with this work now for a little over 16 years and documented this work with more than 50,000 Geometric Drawings to date, involving the Processing System of the Soul.

But I have only Scratched the surface of this Technology !

[edit on 14-3-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
As long as people have free will, people will continue to see things in different lights. I rather the world argue with each other then all agree,I'm proud to have a view of my own as should anyone.

Thinking for yourself is a sign of strength not weakness, so long as people continue doing so we'll avoid being mindless zombies.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
As long as people have free will, people will continue to see things in different lights. I rather the world argue with each other then all agree,I'm proud to have a view of my own as should anyone.

Thinking for yourself is a sign of strength not weakness, so long as people continue doing so we'll avoid being mindless zombies.

You deserve a star....

I agree with you 100%

This is why All is Structured on The Algorithm of a Paradox...

Everything exist as pairs...

Sometimes Similarities...

And Other times Opposites....

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mynameisjuan
I didn't ask, but to clarify since you mentioned it, what do you define a Wanderer as?

Hi again. Sorry I am so long getting back to your question, but here it is. A Wanderer, to me, in one who has wandered this Earth for a great many life times, having made a great many friends and lovers over the years, having fought in may wars of the humans who love to fight them, and watching one great cycle from start to finish, but the finish is not yet upon us. I live on the Earth, but am not of it. I believe that the world I am originally from exploded and was destroyed a very long time ago. All things that I have learned in many lives are starting to gel in my mind, and the information I have accumulated from the many books I have read is vast, and covers many fields and subject matter. One day I feel that I will turn around and say, "I AM!" and then, I will be. Hope this has answered you fully on what I mean when I say "Wanderer." Cheers

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

We are creations of God. We are sinners.
Why do we fight if we all want peace? We fight over who will be in charge of the peace and who will make the rules and enforce the rules.

Evolutions doesn't explain thinking, reason, or psycholinquistics.

We are made in the image of God. Body and soul (emotions) but spritiaully dead after the fall. Man tried to fake a connection to God by inventing rituals, superstitions, and religon and following them zealously. That leads to a lot of killing.

To be human is to have a part missing (the spirit) and to look for a way to fill the void - to seek a cause for which to live. We are born lost and unattached.

BTW we are not vampires. The mothers blood and the babies are always seperate, only nutrition and gaseous exchanges take place in the placenta.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mynameisjuan

Sorry I took so long to answer you, mynameisjuan. What I mean is that my own personal Spirit is very old, very well traveled, and has a strong Merkaba, that always seems to be intact. As I sleep, my Spirit walks about the Ether, and all about the universe, and I seems to have no real control of this. However, upon occasion I do have some control, and have been into some places that I was not welcome in. I have lived many life times here on Earth, and believe this is the first time I have been allowed to grow old, and raise a family, or in my case two of them. I am Spirit, not this human body, and do not identify myself as such.

new topics

top topics

join