It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

>>Chile recieves a major earthquake...again<<

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
yes our building are well constructed, but i want to stop of feel like a drunk

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
A 2nd one with 6.9 magnitude

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
wow this sucks.. hope you are well

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
just spoke to my mate in Chile he says there is indeed a tsunami warning.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
and this happened again few days after the magnetic storm on the Sun...

I am more and more convinced that Sun has something to do with quakes...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Wowza
Near the heart of Santiago no less...

Pandemic Monitoring System / Real Time Disaster Map
>>> Google Earth, RSS, CAP , MAIL Services

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Another 6.0

Also something interesting - "On Friday, January 15, 2010, an activity change occurred in the volcano Planchon Peteroa in -1. The volcano is Erupting with SWVRC alert level 2. Since this volcano is located in a region in which live no people in a 100 km area, the GDACS alert level is Green."

www.interragate.info...

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
A 3rd one with a 6.0 magnitude

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Patto

Patto and everyone on this board, forgive me for my ignorance on this. I've learned earthquakes are a somewhat common occurrence in this region, but it seems the intensity of these quakes are increasing, if not the frequency. I also know that your country is reasonably prepared for these disasters, so what I'm curious about (and anyone else who can answer) is the general public's feeling on these earthquakes. Is it a feeling that things are getting worse, staying the same, are the people worried something really bad is on the horizon, or just a bad moment in history that will subside? The reason I ask is that just like all animals on this planet, I believe we are tuned to the earth... albeit distanced due to our modern lifestyles. I wonder if the general public in Chile, if they ARE feeling a sense of doom coming, are simply feeling a primal urge that the area is no longer safe... think of it like birds leaving an area that may be hit by a hurricane, or animals acting strange before a disaster. Know that my heart goes out to you and all of the people of Chile... I cannot even begin to imagine what you have gone through... all I can do is hope for everyone's safety.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
i think a little % of people feel like this is doom, and understand that after 8.8 this aftershock are usual, all people are nervous but belive me in normal situation an 6 or even 7 point earthquake dont interfere with our normal life, i just feel after that 8.8 any movement puts us on alert

Thank

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro
and this happened again few days after the magnetic storm on the Sun...

I am more and more convinced that Sun has something to do with quakes...

Although there is no direct link (that we know of) between these solar storms and the earthquakes, it does make you wonder. The sun has been producing storms forever yet this solar cycle 24 would have to be different from all previous cycles if it were indeed causing the Earth to react with earthquakes. Either that, or something is going on with Earth which is causing the energy ejected from these storms to affect it.

Now, I don't know enough about the topic, but I think the last two big Chile quakes were right after magnetic filaments collapsed:

2/24/2010 between 0719 and 1919 UT The GIANT magnetic filament collapses.
2/27/2010 at 0634 UT the 8.8 quake hits Chile

---

3/10/2010 at 0745 UT two (smaller) magnetic filaments collapses.
3/11/2010 at 1439 UT 7.2 quake (followed by 6.9 quake) hits Chile

I was (and still am) predicting that any earthquake activity, if related to this solar activity, would be centered around early morning 3/13/2010 UT.

Sure, this could be complete coincidence, but we cannot rule out that there may be some sort of energy transfer which we are not aware of yet. Time will tell. If we keep getting large quakes directly following collapsed filaments... well, we will all have to draw our own conclusions from that.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Update, 2 earthquakes' magnitudes have been downgraded.

the 1st from 7.2 to 6.9

the 2nd from 6.9 to 6.7

the 3rd remains unchanged as of now.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Many Changes are around the corner.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.poleshift2011.com...

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."
Buddha

[edit on 11-3-2010 by ET_MAN]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Yet another.

this fourth is a lesser 5.4 magnitude.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Patto

Thank you Patto. I hope everything returns to normal and your country recovers from the recent tragedies as quickly as possible.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This guy was right when saying 2010 will be the year of the earthquake.

brace yourselves friends!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Live Internet Seismic Servers 24 hour Heliplot Graphs, very interesting.....

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There have been so many earthquakes occurring lately. I wonder if they are going to start happening in places were we have never seen quakes happen before. I hope the people in Chile can R.I.P

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

So the Sun doesn't like Chile? If the Sun was the cause, why don't we see big earthquakes all over, like along the San Andreas fault in California, the Juan de Fuca subduction zone near Oregon, Japan, Hawaii, Pakistan, etc.....?????

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Interesting plate tectonic map of the area in question near Chile.

walrus.wr.usgs.gov...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join