It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCKING: Canada isn't a continent anymore

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Canadians are obsessed with their "distinctiveness" from America due the fact that at the core, the two are barely distinguishable culturally or socially. Don't get me wrong, I think Canada is a beautiful nation. But the way Canadians constantly deny their connections with the USA (perhaps even to the point of thinking they are on a seperate continent) always makes me chuckle. YOU GUYS ARE JUST LIKE US. Get over it. Just sayin'.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
....i mean really people...?

Canada as an island....wheres what I dont understand with all you timeline people.

So what your saying is, you magically just woke up in a new dimension where the ONLY thing different was the earths land mass, yet the last time you looked at a world map was about 25 years ago... does that sum it up?

If you just switched dimensions where is this dimensions / timelines version of you? Ohhh you must of astral projected yourself into a black hole and it switched you with your dimensional copy that did the exact same thing as you did at the exact same time right...I mean it HAS to be true, it makes the most sense!

OR you have a terrible memory for things you never found important to begin with.

Maybe we dont even age, maybe when we wake up we just slip into a new dimension EXACTLY the same, only 1 day into the future from the previous dimension.

Yeahhh I think I got it now.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Yes Canadians have to constantly try and distance themselves from America,you are right.And why so rude about it?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I am one of the "NZ was to the NW" people, so I won't ridicule you guys or anything, but I do not remember anything about canada being it's own island. Perhaps thinking of antarctica?

And I do remember canada being slightly smaller, and remember looking at a map a few years back and thinking, "WHOA canada is big!" but I wasn't really interested in geography before then, and it also could've been the map I was using.

Just my .02

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
this is really a thread?!?
Is this a joke?
Wow!
The island to the left of Alaska is... Russia?
>snip<
(5 minutes go by while I laugh hysterically)
>snip<
Ok, I'm back.
And to think i thought the US school system sucked.
Wow... I'm speechless too, but not for the same reasons....LOL

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by vyrox

Oh yes I agree,the size IS certainly bigger.In fact my partner mentioned it as well.He is a teacher and knows about world stuff.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KANDINSKI
Yes Canadians have to constantly try and distance themselves from America,you are right.And why so rude about it?

Don't mind me, my gimpy leg is acting up again and I'm in a crusty mood.

I have nothing against Canada or Canadians. Just think its funny how hard they try to manufacture this ersatz cultural identity that doesn't really exist.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

No I did not mean you,I meant why are THEY so rude about it.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Ah, well, in that sense I will certainly agree with you.

If you ever find yourself in a foreigner's bar in a "developing" economy, head for the table where the Australians, New Zedders, and Yanks are hanging out. Avoid the surly group of 'nucks scowling in the corner and artificially enchancing their "-ou" accents.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Isn't that what we are known for? How rude we are?

Hugz???

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Hey OP, I always remember Canada being "America's Hat"

But won't admonish you for thinking/knowing it wasn't.

I thought Easter Island was closer to Australia then South America..but when the Chile earthquake happened, they were showing it really close to SA...

I wouldn't rule out personal ignorance, but I also wouldn't rule out anything "supernatural" for lack of a better word. Just take some time to really think about it.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
are you for real? There are 7 continents, it's been this way for a long while now.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
Hey OP, I always remember Canada being "America's Hat"

But won't admonish you for thinking/knowing it wasn't.

I thought Easter Island was closer to Australia then South America..but when the Chile earthquake happened, they were showing it really close to SA...

I wouldn't rule out personal ignorance, but I also wouldn't rule out anything "supernatural" for lack of a better word. Just take some time to really think about it.

Thankyou. I've had abit of a laugh here, seems I've made some enemies.

It was one of those small things I didn't realize I mixed up until I took a look. Also, schools here more train us to be working sheep rather than educate us on the outside world.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hillarious. I dont blame you for this, since there were a few strange threads concerning Australia a while back, but just in case, lol, you're not pulling our leg, I assure you, Canada is where it has been since its formation.

Edit to add: I thought so.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nightrun

SHOCKING: Canada isn't a continent anymore

Canada was a continent??? I swear it was part of North-America... I bet soon someone will come here to say the current geomorphology of Earth, it's a matrix-like hologram.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by intelgurl

I know right, I'm siting here waiting for Ashton to pop out and say that we all just been punk'd.

Seriously, Canada has always been apart of the U.S. If Canada was an island then how did the students from my school get there on a bus? There are some people on ATS who really need to go back to school to learn there continents.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl

Seriously, Canada has always been apart of the U.S.

Seriously, Canada has never been a part of the U.S.

really.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Canadians are obsessed with their "distinctiveness" from America due the fact that at the core, the two are barely distinguishable culturally or socially. Don't get me wrong, I think Canada is a beautiful nation. But the way Canadians constantly deny their connections with the USA (perhaps even to the point of thinking they are on a seperate continent) always makes me chuckle. YOU GUYS ARE JUST LIKE US. Get over it. Just sayin'.

Actually Canada is not like the USA at all. We have our own history, traditions, culture, etc.. Perhaps you should research your information first before you start off on a rant.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join