It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed this morning: 24th MARCH 2010 IS DOOMSDAY

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
FTSE is only down around 17...

Has this speech been made yet ?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
here is a live update from Yahoo -
uk.finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
Aristocrat is as broke as I am about.

He said he has like $150.00 to his name. So maybe he threw a few rugs over a clothesline out in the forest and is waiting it out akin to Dutch waiting to drop the lumber on the Predator.

Now that's NOT what I said.

I said I hold only about $150 IN CASH.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Look out everyone the sky is falling in!!!

THIS THREAD IS AN EPIC FAIL!!!

Korg.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Korg.

At least let us have some fun first

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Korg.

Whether or not I am wrong, I still feel that this thread has provided excellent focal point for discussion amongst those deeply concerned about the future of the financial system.

And I remain convinced that, whether it happens bang on today or whether today is merely a tipping point, a catastrophe is really just around the corner.

That said, I am convinced that today will be a case of Rapunzel's hair. That financial deterioration will begin with a tiny thread, then be followed by a string then a rope and then a cable and that this is the start of the end of the financial system as we know it... and along with it, democracy (or rather what's left of it).

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The Chancellor of the Exchequer is about to get on his feet in the House of Commons ... for a budget I didn't even think would occur (so much for my predictions !)

I wonder where the markets will be in an hour or so ...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Live stream

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by governorgeneral
And I remain convinced that, whether it happens bang on today or whether today is merely a tipping point, a catastrophe is really just around the corner.

Thread Title :- Confirmed this morning: 24th MARCH 2010 IS DOOMSDAY

Errrr so now its well kinda maybe today but if its not today it maybe kinda tomorrow.

These Doomsday threads have to stop!!

If you want to create a thread focusing on the economy why not post a thread like "Economic turmoil is the plot thickening?" or "I think the economy is getting worse - what’s your view?"

To post an obviously attention grabbing thread with ZERO credibility then to gain loads of stars and flags is an example of how the ATS point system fails... in my mind you shouldn't be rewarded for posting dross...

Isn't the board moto 'Deny Ignorance?'

To state that a specific date is doomsday then give no source or evidence as to why this date is the day is in my mind ignorant..

You know there are far cleverer people than you or I whom have absolutely no idea what the markets will do from one day to the next, so stating you know that the markets will collapse on a specific date is in my mind Ignorant.

Finally if you were so convinced that today was in fact doomsday, I can tell you, you wouldn't on the internet replying to posts on ATS, you would be prepping for the total chaos that would ensue if there were ever to be a global total collapse of the financial systems..

This thread just like all the other threads that state days of doom are utter bunkum, I bet if I did some ATS searches I could fill pages upon pages of threads with topics such as yours... has even one of them been accurate???

My outcry is for all those that feel they want to attention grab here at ATS..... If you can't substantiate a claim then don't post a topic stating a definitive.. It only makes you look silly... and people have long memories here...

Peace Out,

Korg.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Live coverage of the Chancellor's speech here on CSPAN.

www.c-span.org...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
7:42 AM* Anthony J Evans - Darling is suggesting that the banks are back to normal - if you look at the balance sheet of Barclay's you'll see that their profits are driven by Barclay's Capital. This seems an even riskier business model than 2006, since if markets turn they're effectively bankrupt.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
7:43 AM* reuters_co_uk - Pound falls to two-week low vs dollar of $1.4902 during Darling's budget speech

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
7:45 AM* dominicswords - It looks as if the forex markets are unimpressed with the statement so far. I can imagine that if they are looking for major changes they'll be disappointed. The exchange rate will likely fall further by the end of the speech I suspect

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I'm watching the budget right now - I'm not seeing the end of the world, just the usual, rich people getting richer and poor people getting poorer

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

FOREX-Euro hits record low vs Swissie, 10-mth low vs dollar Euro breaks $1.3430, hits 10-month trough vs dollar Hits 1.4232 Swiss francs before caution on SNB sets in

Source and more Info:
www.reuters.com...

[edit on 24-3-2010 by cushycrux]

[edit on 24-3-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by marmitenews

First rule of being an evil banker - take everything, but slow enough that most people never realise until it's too late.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The FTSE has been trending upwards since the speech started, like I said before, there is no reason for the markets to crash today, the markets have been trending upwards no matter what the news and today is no different. Alistar Darling has given a sugar coated speech which will boost confidence, the economy won't collapse on labours watch, they'll make sure of that.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

Darn you!

I am hungry for popcorn now!

I'm at work and don't have any to pop!

On topic........ Are we all dead yet?

[edit on 24-3-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
OMG a 10% increase in the price of cider
the end is nigh!!