It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaving the Country?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So I used to listen to NPR a lot until I started paying attention to the major funders for the broadcasts. Finding ATS helped as well.

I came across this story:

www.npr.org... 02&sc=igg2

They finally mentioned what I was afraid to hear. The healthcare IS mandatory...

So I'm beginning to think seriously about leaving the country? Is anyone else having the same thoughts?

I've never been out of the country, but there's no way in hell that I'm going to be FORCED to buy into ANY system.

Any ideas? Safe countries to just get out of the way of what's coming?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
lol

I hear Iran is nice this time of year.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
lol

I hear Iran is nice this time of year.

lol well, seriously though. Is canada safe? Do they HAVE to buy into healthcare?

I'd just like to find a place where I can just settle down and live off the earth and get away from all the BS the US brings to my life... and this seems like an opportune type of time...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Unfortunately, you'll have to buy into some system no matter where you go. Switzerland might be okay, they're more than a little "different" from the rest of Europe - the requirements may have changed, but as long as you bank a million or so you'll be allowed to reside there. Of course if you choose a less-than-developed country there may not be much health care available.

Sorry to be a bummer, but every government has requirements that you have to "buy into" to stay there. Unless you go third world. Sorry.

gj

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I would build an island out of recyclable plastics if possible.
Canada Mexico US. not safe.
If you cannot make it to somewhere before SHTF.
I hope you have an arsenal and friends.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Reclaimyourmind420

Aw come on now, stick around for the bankruptcy and collapse parties, it wont be long, you cant get blood from a rock, but you sure can draw blood with a rock.
No matter where you go its all the same when you look in the mirror.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

So is that to say you have no Health Insurance now?

Because that is all the Mandate requires: that you have health insurance.

Now, this is where the Obama Admin has to figure out the whole chicken -vs- egg thing. The idea is that if everyone is paying into the insurance industry, that the industry will lower their rates (and surely, they will do with no consideration for a fattening of their bottom line). The problem is that the reason so many people are without insurance is that the rates are too high. To make the Mandate avoid sucking, Saint O would first need to bring down the cost of Health Care. The industry will no lower prices until such a move is proven to be "sustainable".

Ultimately, this initiative is doomed. Either before the vote or in the years immediately after its passage. Obama refused to learn from the hard history of Bill Clinton (which is ridiculous considering that the architect of the Clinton health plan is his Sec of State), and will kneecap his administration in its first year.

Enjoy the Circus.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I don't want health insurance... I would much rather study natural medicines and self medicate

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaz490
I would build an island out of recyclable plastics if possible.
Canada Mexico US. not safe.
If you cannot make it to somewhere before SHTF.
I hope you have an arsenal and friends.

You don't have to go to the trouble of building an island from recyclable plastic, there is already one floating in the Pacific the size of Rhode Island...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Your looking to find a nice conservative country with no healthcare system...hmm..ok, well, there are parts of south america that can help you out here

in reality, your not going to like any of the answers for what your seeking...middle eastern countrys, perhaps some asian areas...etc.

most of the western societys have health care systems. you buy into all of them (its called taxes)...and voila, your covered.

So. good luck with all that. I do hope you find a nice place of non-healthcare and highly idealistic theocratic rule conservatism...Iran most certainly lashes out against the liberalism of the west..happy hunting, send us a postcard (since you wont be able to post on here anymore...internet is part of the liberal agenda.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Oh, that being the case, South America is your best bet - natural remedies are all you can get in some places. And it's not too difficult to emigrate there. Ecuador is enjoying a good reputation for American expats these days.

gj

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I just don't feel safe with: RFID, manmade viruses, and the way almost the entire western medical industry fixes everything with bandaids instead of prevention...

When it comes down to all the manmade problems the west has healthwise, I'd rather live in poverty in a 3rd world country

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What and pass up all the fun?

You know the only reason for this is so all the people caught up in collateral damage crossfire will have their own insurance and not be the responsibility of the government when the SHTF? That and enemy combatants/domestic terrorist (or whatever they cal the revolutionaries) are not accidently treated for their injuries.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

That is like jumping out of the boiling water and into the fire. The antichrist's coming 7 year New World Order will be entirely GLOBAL. In other words, you can run but you can not hide. You have to repent, get saved, baptized, and then you will have nothing to fear my friend.

But if you just have to move... try Israel or Egypt.

DO NOT TAKE HIS MARK NO MATTER WHAT!
Google: 'Verichip Corp' & 'Somark Innovations'

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by T1M3K33P3R

That is like jumping out of the boiling water and into the fire. The antichrist's coming 7 year New World Order will be entirely GLOBAL. In other words, you can run but you can not hide. You have to repent, get saved, baptized, and then you will have nothing to fear my friend.

But if you just have to move... try Israel or Egypt.

DO NOT TAKE HIS MARK NO MATTER WHAT!
Google: 'Verichip Corp' & 'Somark Innovations'

Verichip is one of the many reasons why I want out

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa

Oh, that being the case, South America is your best bet - natural remedies are all you can get in some places. And it's not too difficult to emigrate there. Ecuador is enjoying a good reputation for American expats these days.

gj

I'm going to look into it. do they put fluoride in the water too? I need to revitalize my pineal gland

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Have you considered Dubai in the United Arab Emirates? I've been there myself a few times and it is absolutely beautiful. I don't much care for the politics there at all but perhaps they would be more to your liking. The free market seems to be the end-all be-all there, I've always wondered if it's kind of like what it would be to live in the kind of America Ron Paul envisions

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reclaimyourmind420
So I used to listen to NPR a lot until I started paying attention to the major funders for the broadcasts. Finding ATS helped as well.

I came across this story:

www.npr.org... 02&sc=igg2

They finally mentioned what I was afraid to hear. The healthcare IS mandatory...

So I'm beginning to think seriously about leaving the country? Is anyone else having the same thoughts?

I've never been out of the country, but there's no way in hell that I'm going to be FORCED to buy into ANY system.

Any ideas? Safe countries to just get out of the way of what's coming?

Margarita Island. Accessible by boat, perfect weather year round, personal amount of drugs ok, hookers and open beer legal on the nude beaches, .60 gas.. and a beach front condos abound for about $800 US per month...add $200 for a staff of 1 or 2... pay rent with paypal too.

The island has a thriving tourist business, lots of euro trash girls / cruise ships, where anyone with an IQ above gw bush who speaks english can get a job.

Talk about personal freedoms?, I enjoyed more freedom there than here in the US... you wont last 5 minutes with an open beer or exposed female nipple on Cali beaches, cops on 4 runners will swoop upon you as if the crime of the century was in progress... Margarita Island was like an adult playground where adults can make their own adult decisions about which plants are appropriate to posses / use... and how much of your own dirty flesh you can expose.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and plan on watching rome burn there on direct tv.

Thats said, most of you will hate it.. chavez is el jefe, so please cling to your assumptions and stay away so there will be more parking for me.

Rentals:
www.margaritaislandrentals.com...

Edit:
Add this link:
A photo tour of the island
www.margaritaislandpictures.com...

[edit on 9-3-2010 by GovtFlu]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I have been living in Moldova for the past 6 years. Best wine in the world, beautiful women, a 4 seasons climate. For less than $100 a year, I have an insurance plan that gives me unlimited Doctor visits to my apartment, medicine for the first 24 hours and ambulance to the hospital if needed. Does not cover hospital stay. No prescription needed for non-addictive drugs and some at 10% of the cost in the U.S.

If you need a job...not such a great place, the average wage is about $150 a month and you need to speak either Russian or Romanian.

It is very safe, you can walk anywhere alone any time of the night or day and nobody is going to bother you.

I have done a lot of research about places to live, and my choices are either Moldova, Russia, or Uruguay. Strange as it may seem, and not for any political reasons, I am of the opinion that ultimately the last best refuge for Christians will be Russia. That is a "long haul" kind of thing but the bottom line in my opinion is that the Russians will not allow the islamic subversion of their society to happen like is going on in the rest of the world.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Iceland could be a good place.
"Iceland is a free market economy with low taxes compared with other OECD countries. The country maintains a Nordic welfare system providing universal health care and post-secondary education for its citizens"
Wikipedia

Icelanders got to vote in the banker bailout. Seems like they have much more of a say in how their country is run.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join