It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NanoKnife: Cancer Breakthrough Without Radiation or Drugs

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

XPLodER.....

The "Brushwood" compound seems very interesting.

Oncology is an incredibly complex area!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

i had to goolge Oncology to find out what it ment lol

the most interesting thing i could find was a theory that was non medical that stated tumors were like a photocopyer that copyies genes or dna and the original is photocopyied then the copy is photocopied and so one till its nearly unreadable and the bit about pre programed cell death is to fadded to be read

sorry im not very medical

xploder

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

the bit about pre programed cell death is to fadded to be read

XPLodER.....

The "death receptors" on cancer cells are switched off.

This means they don't undergo apoptic death, like all other cells do. The effect is that cancer cells are "immortal".

You might have noticed my earlier posts wherein I mentioned there is an extremely new technology which is looking at that aspect with a view to triggering the "death receptors" on the cancer cells.

I have seen some early results.....awesome!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

im glad peps are looking into the mecanism of natural cell death as the cause often leads to preventitive or cure to the base problem

question on the electrical feild produced by the tech in the op
what frequency range is the field/electricity ?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

question on the electrical feild produced by the tech in the op
what frequency range is the field/electricity ?

XPLodER.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e6cd04d045d.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

am i correct in thinking this is a pulse width and amp modulated set up that you cant "tune" into the size and density of the mass?

xploder

edit to add thanks for the info

[edit on 26-8-2010 by XPLodER]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

am i correct in thinking this is a pulse width and amp modulated set up that you cant "tune" into the size and density of the mass?

XPLodER.....

The "shape" of the electrical field is a combined function of the type of electrodes (monopolar or bipolar), the placement of the electrodes & the system settings utilised for the procedure.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

From his verbal explanation, my interprestation is it's totally dependent on watts (amps x volts, and location).

One way to understand it, from my understanding of electro-magnetism, is magnetic flux:

[edit on 26-8-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

thank you for the explination dude
this is far more powerful a tool than i thought
wow

xploder

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

what i was woudering had more to do with a modulation of frequency to vibrate cells at a resonence that was unique to each tumour

this design seams to be more of electro shock that produces a magnetic feild that encoumpasses the electricity inside the tumour
so to not damage the surrounding tissiue

thanks ignorence and maby

my mind is spinnig with ideas atm

xploder

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Blah I was probably lackluster actually. It's more like shaping lines of flux based on the actual problems.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

my mind is spinnig with ideas atm

XPLodER.....

OK.....here's another "spin out".

Have a look at "Auger Cascade" radiotherapy.....

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This is similar to the electroporation used when inserting plasmids into bacterial cells...like you would do in an undergraduate biology lab. Fantastic way to kill cells, if you look at some of the yields in mammalian cells!

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
www.stonybrookmedicalcenter.org...

Hey, cool. I'm a biomedical engineering undergraduate at Stony Brook and work in a lab in the HSC (which is part of the hospital complex).
It's a shame this is already clinical because I'd love to get my hands on one of those.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

Johnmike.....

It's a shame this is already clinical because I'd love to get my hands on one of those.

Some would suggest it's still in that quasi research / clinical / pre-commercial phase, so there might be some "wriggle room" for you yet.

You might aso find this interesting:

A New Technology For Eliminating Reblockage of Coronary Arteries

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
ATS Team:

Here is a "short & sweet" article by 3Kimt.com about the NanoKnife.

Nanoknife Cancer Killer

Last Update: 8/26 5:54 pm

A promising new cancer treatment is getting a lot of attention. It uses electricity to poke lethal holes in tumors. Doctors are able to kill the cancer tumors using the so-called Nanoknife technology and probes,that almost look like long toothpicks.

Link to article

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

woah using metal atoms heavey with ions to pass electrons as a circut,
using the ionazation of the metals with radioactive output to engage electron and ionic discharge

so photons push out electrons from there shell to allow the radiation a micro lazer effect on the cell

this is weakening the cell in an electrical sence that effects the chemical signature of the cell

targeted to the dynamics of the cell

wow !!!!!!

of topic i was thinking of a design i saw of a probe with a fine tube in a loop that circulates liquid nitrogen through the interior of the tube to freeze anything in contact with it

the freezing process destroys the cells aas the water content freezes and expands but this is very crude compaired to

sesitizing each call at an atomic level

mmmmmmm im getting an idea

xploder

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

talkin with maby and thinking

ionic silver atoms are a natureal anti bacterial and anti viral anti fungal agent

auger cascade using ionic silver to sensitize the cell

maby? wada think?

xploder

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
ATS Team:

Here is another media article about NanoKnife.

It is interesting insofar as it mentions reversible electroporation in addition to irreversible electroporation.

It also describes some interesting stat's & the procedure itself in clear, simple terms.

It's a well written article.

NanoKnife Cancer Killer

Kidney Cancer
WSOCTV.com

The NanoKnife IRE System is approved by the FDA. CAT scans show kidney tumors are gone as early as six weeks after treatment. The treatment also is also being used for pancreatic and liver cancers and will soon be used for prostate cancer.

www.wsoctv.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

XPLodER.....

You are on the right track.

In the mooted "Auger Cascade" cancer therapy, the monochromatic (i.e. 0.01% bandwidth) x-ray beam is tuned to the K-edge (see below) of the material being used.

This should cause a huge multiplying effect that is kept absolutely local to the DNA strands that it "snips", whilst using only a very small fraction of the material that would normally be used for such therapy.

Definition of K-edge:

K-edge describes a sudden increase in the attenuation coefficient of photons occurring at a photon energy just above the binding energy of the K shell electron of the atoms interacting with the photons. The sudden increase in attenuation is due to photoelectric absorption of the photons.

For this interaction to occur, the photons must have more energy than the binding energy of the K shell electrons. A photon having an energy just above the binding energy of the electron is therefore more likely to be absorbed than a photon having an energy just below this binding energy.

The two X-ray contrast media iodine and barium have ideal K shell binding energies for absorption of X-rays, 33.2 keV and 37.4 keV, respectively, which is close to the mean energy of most diagnostic X-ray beams. Similar sudden increases in attenuation may also be found for other inner shells than the K shell; the general term for the phenomenon is absorption edge.

en.wikipedia.org...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

thanks for the information this is important stuff are you in the feild of resurch for all this stuff ?
you seam to know alot about it
are you a phd?

xp

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join