It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NanoKnife: Cancer Breakthrough Without Radiation or Drugs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Considering the millions who die every year from cancer, many of whom are very young, your device seems to promise to be one of the biggest developments in history.

This thread deserves more flags and and responses than my cancer thread. Thanks

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Considering the millions who die every year from cancer, many of whom are very young, your device seems to promise to be one of the biggest developments in history.

This thread deserves more flags and and responses than my cancer thread. Thanks

IgnoranceIsntBlisss.....

Thank you for your encouraging & positive words about this very interesting NanoKnife technology.

May I again compliment you on your extremely informative thread about "natural" cures, the link to which I have provided below for the interest & convenience of members.

Cancer Is Dead: Cancer Cures From A to Z

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Maybe...maybe not, you can disregard my dated aluminium/stainless steel electrode question.

It was more of a contemplative curiousity that day, the authors leaves one to wonder a few things in what purpose they would be discussing those effects...

Quick question if you don't mind. Did I read the fulltext correctly, in that only ultrasound was used to guide and position the IRE electrodes?

The case in question is your last cited renal study.

There doesn't seem to be mention of CT scan for electrode guidance and positioning.

The 2nd figure seems to support that only ultrasound was used to position them.

Was the resection surgery that allowed this to happen or in some cases it's really possible?

If so, glad to see even more risk avoidance(this year 4 news stories I've read in the MSM on alerts about cancer causing/contributing CT and if remember right, mammograms).

Irreversible Electroporation of Renal Cell Carcinoma: A First-in-Man Phase I Clinical Study, fulltext pdf

For all patients we used a NanoKnife bipolar probe (length 15 cm) and a NanoKnife IRE electroporator (AngioDynamics, Latham, NY). The electrode was positioned under ultrasound guidance.

and

Fig. 2 A typical sonographic image obtained during monitoring of
the positioning of the needle electrode (see Fig. 1) for IRE. The
‘‘hockey-stick’’ curve shows the envelope of the kidney; the dark
central mass is the tumour; and the slightly off-horizontal line passing
through it is the electrode

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

Jjjtir.....

It's always a great pleasure to discuss these things with you!

As per my previous commentary, the NanoKnife electrodes can be inserted via U/S or CT guidance. The modality used will depend on the nature of the lesion, the location of the lesion, the preference of the Dr, etc...

Kidney lesions may be treated via resection as per the article, or transcutaneously.....as I have seen done a number of times.

Kidneys are relatively well suited to U/S guidance, whether during a resection or transcutaneously.

Even if CT is not used for guidance, it is almost certainly going to be required for the initial diagnosis & the subsequent 3D planning & procedural mapping. I think it is also a little easier to see see the post IRE changes with CT, as opposed to U/S.

Does that cover off your questions adequately?

If not, let me know & it will be my pleasure to provide more information.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
ATS Team:

Here is an interesting article & video pertaining to the renal application of the NanoKnife at the Stonybrook Medical Centre (New York).

Nanoknife Cancer Killer

NEW YORK Ny, (MEDSTAR/WUSA) - Raymond Thies was left with only half a kidney after he underwent surgery to remove a tumor. When his cancer came back he thought he would lose the partial organ and end up on dialysis.

"Not only dialysis, it probably would have spread through my system. It was a very active cancer, "Raymond Thies said.

"But I tell you its like day and night. I was walking my dog that next day!"

www.wusa9.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
ATS Team:

Here is a link to information pertaining to a broad in-man NanoKnife trial:

clinicaltrials.gov...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

This is good news, but...

focusing solely on treatments and cures takes the focus off prevention - which really is the best approach.

Still, good on ya.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

focusing solely on treatments and cures takes the focus off prevention - which really is the best approach.

Still, good on ya.

No one is focusing "solely on treatments and cures". Pretty much every medical and governmental organisation dealing even tangentially with cancer puts a strong emphasis on prevention (stop smoking, eat healthier, exercise, don't eat junk).

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

Originally posted by soficrow

Still, good on ya.

No one is focusing "solely on treatments and cures". Pretty much every medical and governmental organisation dealing even tangentially with cancer puts a strong emphasis on prevention (stop smoking, eat healthier, exercise, don't eat junk).

Erm, no, real prevention measures would address food, personal product and environmental contaminations.

Emphasizing "modifiable risk behaviors" simply blames the victims, dodges liability and adopts the corporate liability defence strategy as health policy...

The standard corporate defense against charges of health damage is the counter-claim that peoples' health problems result from:
1. Diet,
2. Lifestyle, and/or
3. Genetics,
not any chemical, medication, additive or agent that may be named in any charges.

Ie., see Erin Brokovich

Now, governments and health agencies are saying it too: cancer and other debilitating and disabling chronic diseases result from:
1. Diet,
2. Lifestyle, and/or
3. Genetics,
and everyone with any clout is totally disregarding the effects of micro- and macro-environmental contaminations.

So no, blaming the victims is not about prevention - it's about dodging liability.

Unfortunately, the "Nano-knife" does NOT resolve one of the worst problems with invasive interventions:

Surgery is shown to transmit prions and cause prion diseases, which may take 10 to 20 years to appear. The studies have been piling up for some time, but here is one of the latest:

Surgery Linked to Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease

A new study spearheaded by Spanish scientists demonstrates a causal relationship between the onset of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD), caused by a protein called a prion, and general surgery.

Why is the idea of transmission through surgery important?
The most interesting thing about this finding, which points to an external cause that could be prevented, is that "it may signify a shift in our understanding of the nature of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's or Parkinson's."

We might, therefore, ask ourselves if other types of motor neuron diseases can be transmitted through surgery and be latent for decades...

imho - I'd have surgery if I was desperate, preferably with a "Nano-knife" - but prevention is FAR superior, and goes waaayyyy beyond "modifying personal risk behaviors." Which I do and have done for a long time.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by soficrow]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I don't think I've ever claimed industry is innocent in creating environmental hazards and cancer risks, so you can step down from your soapbox. Oh, and take your strawman with you.

The reality of the situation is that the environmental and genetics risks can't and won't be fixed in our lifetime, nor in our children's lifetimes. That's why people with realistic views of cancer focus on the most immediately modifiable risk factors, namely, diet and personal habits.

It's okay that you don't understand basic epidemiology and clinical medicine, I certainly wouldn't expect you to, not having taken those classes. Just bear in mind that asserting things without actual knowledge of the subject might not always work in your favor.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Thanks for all of your help!

I turned it into it's own website:
www.cancerisdead.com...

It had to be done!

[edit on 24-8-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

My apologies. Sorry I stepped on your ...whatever.

FYI:
ad hominem is a fallacy that occurs when an arguer is guilty "of attacking his opponent rather than his opponent's evidence and arguments." In this case, the debater in question attacks the motivation and the character of the person...

Also see: ad hominem fallacy

RE: Epidemiology, Chronic Disease (including cancer) and Environmental Factors.

You may find the following links helpful:

Chronic Disease Epidemiology Group: Risk Factors for Chronic Disease

The WWW Virtual Library: Medicine and Health: Epidemiology

[edit on 25-8-2010 by soficrow]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Soficrew.....

I also have qualifications & strong commercial & clinical experience in the area of sterilisation technology, with particular focus on new-technology sterilisation processes & platforms.

As such, I know a bit about the ol' prion "thing".

It really doesn't have anything to do with our discussion pertaining to the NanoKnife.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Thanks for all of your help!
I turned it into it's own website:
www.cancerisdead.com...
It had to be done!

IgnoranceIsntBlisss.....

You are very, very welcome.....it was my great pleasure to engage in our interesting dialogue!

Please feel very free to let me know how everything is going.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

SofiCROW.....

I also have qualifications & strong commercial & clinical experience in the area of sterilisation technology, with particular foccus on new-technology sterilisation processes & platforms.

As such, I know a bit about the ol' prion "thing".

It really doesn't have anything to do with our discussion pertaining to the NanoKnife.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Sorry - didn't intend to / don't want to diminish the importance of this development. ...It's definitely my first choice for (essential) surgery.

But given the cat's out of the bag...
* There is NO doubt that invasive interventions (with instruments) can cause prion and conformational diseases.
* Autoclaving seems to 'remove' prions, but many instruments can't be autoclaved.
* The Nanoknife doesn't look like a candidate for autoclaving.

* Last I looked, there were several agents in the pike that seemed to 'kill' prions - are they now proven, commercially available and in common use in medical facilities?

Thanks much, sofi

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Soficrow.....

The NanoKnife electrodes are strictly single use items & as such, reprocessing is both illegal & not validated in the context of materials compatibility.

There is now enzymatic technology available that will deactivate prions prior to the sterilisation process.

It is very new.

I agree that prions are both fascinating & scary!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
star and flag

more cancer treatments will flow and not be stopped has anyone noticed that more and more everyday treatments are forthcoming
and they are not being silenced

anyone see the laser induced chemical treatment that was recently relased as the next big thing combine these two approaches and you have most inoperatable tumors covered

keep your eyes open the times are changing and this tech will get out as will others you just watch

lots of things are changing in this world atm you just have to see the aids cure cancer cure stuff in the right light

health and life to all

xploder

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Soficrow.....

The NanoKnife electrodes are strictly single use items & as such, reprocessing is both illegal & not validated in the context of materials compatibility.

THANK YOU - very important piece of information: re-using is illegal. Are there NanoKnife Police in operating rooms? Kidding! ...And what do you mean, "not validated in the context of materials compatibility"? ...The operator gets a shock if they don't change-out the electrodes after use? ...Seriously, is the NanoKnife computer-tech that really does prevent re-use?

There is now enzymatic technology available that will deactivate prions prior to the sterilisation process.

It is very new.

Heard about it some time ago - hence my questions: is this / are other effective anti-prion agents commercially available and in common use ?

I agree that prions are both fascinating & scary!

Uh huh. Tres cool. and imho - understanding prions is key to deciphering the evolutionary process and fully elucidating the Gaia principle biologically. We really are 'all one.' But I digress.

With respect, sofi

[edit on 26-8-2010 by soficrow]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

anyone see the laser induced chemical treatment that was recently relased as the next big thing combine these two approaches and you have most inoperatable tumors covered

XPLodER.....

..anyone see the laser induced chemical treatment that was recently relased..

I agree.....

That's also an interesting technology:

New Cancer Technology: Photodynamic Cancer Therapy

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

yes thats the one thanks maby

there is a third on which involves injecting a fruit extract directly into the tumor and it disolves the tumor

between these three aproaches most if not all cancers can be treated

CANCER patients are offering themselves as human guinea pigs as researchers investigate a possible cure for cancer that was found in north Queensland rainforests.
Scientists have identified a compound in the fruit of the native blushwood shrub that appears to "liquefy and destroy cancer with no side-effects", according to latest research.

Found deep in the remnants of a 130 million-year-old rainforest, the fruit extract may yet hold the secret antidote to Australia's No.1 killer disease.

link
www.couriermail.com.au...

not trying to get off topic just thought of combining therapies

xploder

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join