It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I may only be 13, but at least I know what's going on...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
reply to post by ghostsoldier

That was totally inappropriate!!

No it wasn't.

13 year old girls, 13 year old's in general should be mindful of pedophiles. Anyone disagreeing is a pedophile sympathiser.

All I did was give advice.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Well, you don't welcome a child to a site like that!!! That's ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

She'd already received enough positive re-enforcement from 95% of people who replied to this.

If you walked into a field of flowers with a few land mines around, would you only want to hear about how good the flowers smell, or would you want to hear someone warning you about the landmines?

Food for thought.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Personally i am not a buyer into the whole 9/11 conspiracy theories. But at least you are thinking for yourself. Welcome to the nuthouse.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Hmm, yes it's been said that the flouride (an industrial waste product) added to 80% of the public water supply(at least in the U.S.)by the government causes a calcification of the petuitary gland (the one located in the center of the brain) over time. This would be at least part of the reason older people are not as receptive to things as younger people. It has also been said that this gland is linked to spiritual experiences, and the calcification (which can supposedly be fixed if you know how, see below) can limit some people's ability to have strong spiritual connections. Just somethin that popped in my mind!

I for one will welcome the perspective of a younger person with just as much consideration as I would any other poster! I wish there was a way for more younger people to get involved and realize before its too late exactly who they are entrusting their futures to. I was so convinced "life and freedom" in this country were a sham when I was younger, but I had noone to guide me. My parents were brainwashed and my dad admitted to me all the time he knew I was smarter than him. But there wasnt really widespread internet, so I have some hope that these kids will have access to the truth... if they want to look for it, or if they care. I think a lot of things in a childs life is "engineered" to make them not care about anything serious. Our government and the voting system was just considered "boring" to me when I was younger. Not to mention, it was explained to me about the Electoral College or whatever and that our votes don't count anyway so I didn't care about it cause it wouldn't make a difference anyway(supposedly). For kids who do want to make some sort of difference against the "system" they see as hypocritical and unconsiderate of their circumstances, a lot end up doing things that get them into trouble, like vandalizing state/school property or breaking rules or laws in other ways. Its just a first instinct. Especially for boys. "I know this isn't fair and it isn't right, so I'm going to find a way to rebel and fight against it." Although younger people can often offer a fresh insight on many topics, it is known that many teens have a tendency to not think about the consequences of their actions. Hence the high number of infractions written for teen drivers (or is that the cops profiling the young?)
Anyway, these forums can hopefully provide a way for younger people to organise into more positive actions that can make a difference and show the world your intelligence. Deny the existence of Ignorance and you wholheartedly embrace it! ...or something like that.

My source for the flouride info was one of those "Everything you know is wrong" books. Edited By Russ Kick. But I'm sure everyone here has read all those already...

Also, I don't know how aware you are of this, but there are some people on this forum, and other forums of course, that will try to distract you from the truth, annoy you and just say immature things to try to get you to go down to their level and make you look as non-credible as, well, THEY are. But then, they don't care what they look like. They get an account with a MISSION. To kamikaze as many clear thinkers as they can. To derail and discredit threads that may hint at the truth. To convince as many people as possible (a lot come here just to read and never end up posting) that all the theories are crap. Well they might promote the ones that are obviously false and are hoaxes just to confuse people. They are called DISINFO AGENTS, and other things.

If you did like I did and just checked out this site for a few weeks before joining you will already know this but, JUST IN CASE, I had to say something. I would hate for you to say something clever and then have some... mean person! come up and say something rude. If they do, its just part of their game. Just sayin.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by doctor j and inmate c5779]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Actually, as you grow older, you realize that you have no clue whats going on...and that is when you start to feel enlightened.

The powers tend to work like layers in a onion...when you break out of a specific layer mindset, you think you have uncovered the truth...but the reality is that your just in yet another layer. All systems have backups and redundancy.

I think that is one of the best statements I have ever read.

YES! At 63 now - I believe lots of stuff is going on - but I haven't a clue what the real truth is.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
While I personally would not have explicitly mentioned perverts directly, because she is not my child, I agree its an awareness nessesary for any child on the internet regardless of website, but also that it should be the parents responsibility. I think my initial post/s pretty much covered that anyway.
Apologies if my posts have upset anyone, As a father of two young girls, its natural parental instinct. I just hope Tamiica's parents have browsed this site and know that she joined.
Ditto for any young person here.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

Thank goodness, I though I was the only one going crazy over flouride! (I don't know how it's spelt :S) Anyway, I refuse to drink tap water, and all I drink is spring water. I think it is so much better

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Why would you bring that up though?

Its an introduction thread, not a "child safety class"

So many off topic posts. Sorry to tamiica for all the silly remarks. Once again, welcome to ATS

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tamiica

Hey ,

Welcome to ATS. I hope to learn from you in future threads..

I really thing your age doesn't matter. Myself, I am 32 on the outside and 8 years old on the inside......

Oh and about the fluorite in the drinking water, that is an elborate conspiracy created by spring water botteling companies to get you to buy their product.....

Peace

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
To all of you who are addressing this 13 year old as a child, just stop. I recently was on a vacation for the weekend skiing and there was a younger 12-14 year old boy there with us at the condo who seemed very shy and awkward. 2 ladies in their 40's approached me, im 23 and asked do you think he's having fun, he seems so shy, ect, ect, ect... I was sadden and angry. They thought of him as some kind of weird kid. That night he came down stairs to hang out with me and about 5 other people in their early 20's. Most said hi and were very general with him. I talked to him like I would anyone else. We talked about the things he was interested in. Like Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I was amazed when he told me all of his achievements on the game. I gave him genuine praise for it. I told him about what to stay away from in high school and what to try to get into. I treated him as an adult and he really appreciated it. I gave him a few pointers on how to talk to people and how to make them feel important and you will always have friends. I never once criticized him or asked him why he was shy. I had 2 of the girls my age come over and pose pictures with him, we gave him money to put in his hands and sunglasses on him. He loved it. We talked music a little.

The next day after everyone was home he looked me up on facebook and I took that pic of him, edited, made it look really cool and tagged him it. Ever since then he's been talking with me and everyone in that basement that night on facebook like he's one of us, because he is one of us and he knows it. I was so happy he had a great time. It's a shame parents don't take interest in their kids own interest anymore...

As those two older ladies tried to convince me he was "different" I retorted to them. You guys don't understand. In school these days you are not allowed or encouraged to have fun. You barely socialize for the fear of punishment. So you go home and sit behind screens the rest of the day and thats how you socialize now. When you take that person and put them in a real life social setting outside of school and home of course he's going to be a bit awkward at 1st. Just ask them questions, find their interest.

My point is, children these days are alienated enough. If you have a chance to interact with them treat them with mutual respect. Don't try to "shield" them from the world or its realities. Get them to talk about their interest. It will do more for them than we'll ever really know.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I told him about what to stay away from in high school and what to try to get into.

How is that different on offering advice what to stay away from online?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Why is there petty bickering on an Intro thread ???

I mean, seriously...Some of you people are really pathetic...Take it elsewhere already

OK...Now that's out of the way, welcome to ATS Tamiica

You're obviously a smart cookie and I'm sure you'll be fine working out whats what

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS
I hope you enjoy your time on here.

What other topics do you enjoy and how did you get into reading about 9/11 at 13?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
lol i knew when i was 13 to.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by shadow12]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Welcome to the desert of the real! ... most excellent to see someone of your age who is enlightened. I'm 29 and can honestly say since I was your age and younger, I knew something about the world wasn't "as it seemed" as well. Obviously, i'm still going strong! Is it not amazing how once you see the world from "outside the box" that it is impossible to look back the other way!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tamiica

We can't have one single thread without issues arising?

Tamiica. Welcome to ATS. I hope you enjoy your stay as I do. All I can say is make sure you stay REALLY open minded, not what people here say is open minded. You'll find alot of bias on both sides; truthers and debunkers. Just think and believe and live for you an you'll be in awesome shape. Way to type and spell. I am 30 and starting a masters degree and I still suck at typing...sigh :-p

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Just watch out what you believe, because i started my "truth travels" 3 years ago when i was about 15 and since then iv changed ALOT.

I thought i knew everything and then the next day i realized i didn't know anything, but the more years pass by and the more information you see the better your image of what is going on gets.

And finding the truth will not happen so don't count on it, everybody will get to this point after a few years. You just realize that its best to flow with the wave and be the best person you can be.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
WOW-- Quite the discussion you stirred up just by stating your age! But welcome to the site! It's never too early or too late to seek the truth! In fact, the sooner the better. If you practice growing your mind at a developing age, there's a lot you can do with it! Don't believe everything you read here, but know that is a great place to gain knowledge and find amazing like-minded friends! Just know what YOUR truth is, and keep it up!
See you around the boards!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tamiica

Hey!
Welcome to ATS! I hope you enjoy your time here.

The only advice I can give, is take it all with a grain of salt. If someone post's picture's, it still doesn't make it truth.
Don't hesitate to ask questions. And do research.

I won't say anything regarding your age. I have 2 daughters just slightly younger than you and I would be proud if they came to me with the conclusions you have reached. In the midst of all your 'questions' though, don't hesitate to still do silly makeovers and do whatever else makes you laugh.

To everyone else bickering on this forum:

Our children of today are the President's, dr's, lawyers and so forth of tomorrow. Support her in her quest for truth. And for crying out loud... stop arguing in her 'Introduction' thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join