It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon is Brains of the World

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thaknobodi

Maybe, it really is impossible to know what is true and what is not. Maybe they will eat us or maybe it is just a game. Maybe we are these entities in a mass game, and they are experiencing our human feelings this way. They purposefully forget what they have learned and this is how they are immortal. They reincarnate every so often, when they loose their body. Who really knows. Anything is possible at this point.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I just wandering what animals think about us, if they could do that. I mean dogs, cows chicken.
Some times we help them for their benefit.

I think they could have some theories we can't imagine!

Frami

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot
47 natural forces eh? If Mankind left Earth, or if Mankind decided to station communities outside of Earth after some generations it would be likely their offspring's would start to look different than any offspring's born on Earth. If they moved a bit further away, then those offspring's would start to look a bit different than the offspring's closer to Earth, and if the moved a bit further away less and less of these 47 bounding forces that bound humans in to their present form would be present to help each consecutive generation resemble human characteristics. Who knows maybe even behavior or intellect could be affected.

Well, it turns out that P.D. Ouspensky's "47 Forces" theory was, in fact, scientifically sound, to some extent.

I mean, what NASA has discovered is that the extraterrestrial experience (leaving earth) is totally toxic to humankind. Microgravity alone causes our very bones to "melt" — we lose so much calcium because of microgravity that our skeletons literally melt in space.

How weird is that, eh?

And that's strictly because we humans evolved at ground level under a specific level of gravity, underneath a few miles of atmosphere, right? Seemingly, when you start stripping away the "natural forces" such as gravity and one atmosphere of barometric pressure, the human body does literally begin to "fall apart," just as Ouspensky described.

If his theory is ever tested to its limits — i.e., sending people out into interplanetary space, many millions of miles farther away from the Sun — we may be horrified to find out that human beings turn into oysters before they ever reach their destinations. Meaning that deep space travel is impossible for human beings.

Old P.D. Ouspensky would get a kick out of that, I'm sure.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/9/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

He sure would!
How strange!
Although I was more of the idea of some more obscure forces that may exist and direct evolution, than the discovered physical orces we know about. Of course in environments with different gravity, atmospheric pressure and even toxicity, not to mention atmospheric composition, certainly human generations would start being genetically widely different from each other.
Well, lets face it, even if the Universe is empty of sentient life, we wouldn't have any problem to fill it ourselves with a plethora of different sentient beings, us.

If his theory is ever tested to its limits — i.e., sending people out into interplanetary space, many millions of miles farther away from the Sun — we may be horrified to find out that human beings turn into oysters before they ever reach their destinations. Meaning that deep space travel is impossible for human beings.

Wormhole travel then. Deep space, cryogenics and generation spaceships fail.

Stumbled on more weird stuff.
Old days without a Moon?

www.varchive.org...

Since mankind on both sides of the Atlantic preserved the memory of a time when the Earth was without the Moon, the first hypothesis, namely, of the Moon originating simultaneously with the Earth and in its vicinity, is to be excluded, leaving the other two hypotheses to compete between themselves.

We have seen that the traditions of diverse peoples offer corroborative testimony to the effect that in a very early age, but still in the memory of mankind, no moon accompanied the Earth

Had a supposed arrival of the Moon coincided with human civilization developing intelligence?

Apollonius of Rhodes mentioned the time “when not all the orbs were yet in the heavens, before the Danai and Deukalion races came into existence, and only the Arcadians lived, of whom it is said that they dwelt on mountains and fed on acorns, before there was a moon.”

These do not seem like having developed a civilization yet, do they?

Another theory more akin to modern science concludes

Venus - What the Earth would have been like with no Moon.

Perhaps this is what Earth would have been like if the Moon had not been formed? Even this is an overestimate of the amount of land. Venus' surface is almost uniformly 500 Ma in age and has not experienced significant rifting or mountain building in that time. Erosion on Venus is very slow in the hot dry atmosphere but on a waterworld erosion would be at least as rapid as on Earth. Planet girdling storms would smash on the exposed shores of any island, and rainfall would stream from the heavens.

Australia as a continent is a similar age to Venus' surface. We no longer have any topography more than 3km above the surface of the continent, and almost all of it less than 2 km, so the continents of Venus would likely have foundered below the waves long ago, if it were further from the Sun.

and props to the Australians. According to this theory they live in a land possibly resembling how land would look like without the Moon orbiting the Earth. Would kiwis be everywhere too?

[edit on 9-3-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The moon is made of cheese .
All different kinds .
Camembert at the poles.
Swiss craters,Cheddar mostly everywhere else .
Parmesan is moondust .....

Cows are in on this secret , and take most of the credit .
[ this is why they jump over the moon ]
Sheep and goats play a minor role .
...Fetta .

Eating cheezels makes you smarter .
Blessed are the cheesemakers !
Going there makes you crackers ... not crazy !

[edit on 9-3-2010 by radarloveguy]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

In another thread, people seemed to be amazed about cheese on pizza:

Pizza Hut cheese is not just cheese, its silicone!

Maybe they have, yet again, redefined cheese brains.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
wow, the sheer ignorance in here is stifling.

the moon is a brain?

man, you guys are clutching at straws now. lol

oh im sorry if im not as open minded as you, but i don't want to be so open minded as to facilitate my brain falling out like appears to have happened with some here.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Oops..
I accidentally ignored some posters...don't know how it happened.
Also I forgot where is the un-ignore button..
Bummer!

Oh well, maybe some day I'll find it.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
it would help your point a little if you ran your posts through a spell checker...

i mean, it's weird and all...but whatever. i never thought about that, so i guess its a thought...

its better than the moon being made out of cheese. lol

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
wow, the sheer ignorance in here is stifling. the moon is a brain? man, you guys are clutching at straws now. lol

Actually, the OP gave an account of a Russian visitor who spoke of the Moon as the "brains of the world"... The remainder of the posts in this thread have not particularly endorsed the notion, and I'm of the opinion that the Russki was off his nut.

So... Where do you come off with this confrontational "sheer ignorance" remark?

Have you even read the thread?

— Doc Velocity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join