It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to receive More applause?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I want More Applauses so How to Receive More Applauses in ATS?

[edit on 7-3-2010 by masonicon]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

No applause for you ! Come back one year !!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Simple, just write well thought out and interesting posts/threads.

Slipping the mods a 50 can help too.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Perhaps maybe you should focus on mastering the english language first.

one thing at a time.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Try and be clear in your posts and stay within T&Cs. Drive-by posts are cool, but putting effort, links and images into some posts brightens the place up.

Interesting threads are always a bonus for all of us...

I got my first applause from a well-known FSME in the aliens/UFO section and the 100th was from Jkrog08. There's a pretty cool story behind that 100th that shows all the affection and respect for him was really deserved.

I make it a rule to say thank you for applause. If someone takes the time to appreciate a post/thread with more than a star...always say thanks.

Other than that....applause are sometimes a mystery and should remain that way

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
First off, like others have said, bribery works real well. Just look at politics.

No really, first off, one must not be asking for applause, that is narcissistic.

No really, first off, one must......thought I was going there again didn't you?

Research.

Humor.

A hell of an emotional post.

There are many ways to get them.

Now I have to go look to see if you got one yet.

edit to add-HEY, you have one, what getting greedy.

[edit on 3/7/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
be more like this guy:

And I dont mean be more black....

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
All you have to do is say something intelligible, legible and unique.

In other words, something that shows you are intelligent and can think for yourself instead of composing strange and illogical posts.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

This is in general speaking not limited only to ATS:

The honest non-popular method is to make good quality threads and post, if the Mods are neutral and non-biased you will get applauses. But this is extremely hard way to get applauses across many forums.

The not so honest popular method is to see which Mod's are part of which section and see their views on the topic in post history, and any thread which falls under their section, post the comments which echo the Mod's sentiment. This is the easy way.

Hope it was helpful.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
Perhaps maybe you should focus on mastering the english language first.

one thing at a time.

I think that's off.

English is a terribly difficult language to learn. Many foreign contributors, like me, try our very best to post in a way that is easily read, but sometimes our best efforts might come over as a bit mangled.

There's no rhyme nor reason to applause. I find it to be totally random, if I'm honest. Some posts I put work into (double checking spelling & grammar) get no applause, which leaves me perplexed. But other off the cuff posts get applause.

I think it's less how you say it than what you say which really matters.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

this is a great thread - keep up the informal instruction!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/780b07a75eba.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 7-3-2010 by DarkspARCS]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Very sneaky ideas!

I can't see anyone going to the trouble of stalking Mods to gain applause. Also, if someone joined a discussion board to parrot the views of other members, they'd be just an empty vessel...and STILL wouldn't have a guarantee of applause.

I've noticed that on ATS we have a couple of members that go all out to gain as many flags and friends in a short space of time. They are energetic, bright and swiftly move on as soon as they 'max out' the Flag Bar. Some don't last that long and vanish...or get banned. It's as if they are searching for acceptance and acclaim and explode or run away when they get it.

Last year we had Sanchoearlyjones as an example. It's forum life to have a couple of these hyper-personalities on the go at one time...

I digress...applause are cool, but someone would have to be crazy to try and get them through devious methods.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Set me up with a motion sensor. Everytime I walk into my bedroom I hear this.

Always a crowd.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Applause is just a way of saying "Thank you" to something you like. You dont have to be a Moderator in order to say "Thank you" to someone.

Giving Thanks is better than asking for Thanks so I recommend you dont concern yourself with how to get applauses. Focus on good posting instead.

Ive applauded some people I completely disagree with. So why did I applaud them? Because they put effort into their posts, or because their posts contributed to the ATS Community or for some other reason. Its not true that we only applaud what we agree with.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I said it was non-popular method and hard not impossible
. Its up to each individual to maintain their standards and views which they find acceptable.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
The not so honest popular method is to see which Mod's are part of which section and see their views on the topic in post history, and any thread which falls under their section, post the comments which echo the Mod's sentiment. This is the easy way.

Hope it was helpful.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by December_Rain]

Well, I hope that was a joke, and that you're not being serious... If you think that this strategy will work (on ATS) you don't think much of Mods' intelligence... (Don't respond to that...
)

Many mods will applaud brilliant counter arguments (even if they don't agree with the point of views), well researched replies, posts that make you go WOW!, even posts that make you smile and very often posts that make you think. Applauses are simply a way for Mods to say "Well, done! Your contribution is what ATS is all about!" - as was pointed out earlier in the thread.

Just like stars, flags and points, they mean only what you want them to mean. They are NOT measures for popularity. They are NOT a measure to see how well your "sucking up skills" are (
).

Your time here on ATS shouldn't be spent trying to impress moderators... It should be to learn, share what you've learned and perhaps through some good debating skills end up with some truths and wisdom. Enjoy ATS with a passion, and the rest will fall into place.

On a side note, if you ever read a post you think is absolute genius, then let us know. The “Complaints/Suggestions” tool is not only there to tell us about the bad posts... You can always point out to good posts as well...

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon
I want More Applauses

Here you go buddy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a125f5b2849e.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 7-3-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I want More Applauses

Here you go buddy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a125f5b2849e.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 7-3-2010 by SLAYER69]

That's the weirdest thing I've seen for a while Slayer, he's just looking right at me!!!

He just goes on and on, and on and on.......

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I want More Applauses so How to Receive More Applauses in ATS?

Be true to yourself, always ... it might not get you more applause, in fact it is a harder path to walk, but ...

... what's the alternative?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Another quick thing: I can almost guarantee a way to not be applauded. You can write a well crafted post including links, facts, and graphics that would ordinarily be considered a masterful reply. If it contains any incivility, you've reduced your likelihood of applause by a significant margin.

Yes, it really is that important.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join