It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Craft Footage (Interesting)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Not sure if this is on site yet. But I thought I'd share this one. Appears to be
untouched and pretty interesting!

UFO Craft Footage
[edit on 6-3-2010 by Persephone1]

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Persephone1]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Persephone1

It's interesting. I've embedded it to catch the eye of other members with the skills to comment on the authenticity of the video. The guy's channel has a couple of other interesting vids...UFOHunter's YT Channel

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I haven't seen this one , but Im sure someone here has. Looks real at first glance. I like the orb above that is moving to the left. And I noticed two orbs going towards the larger craft towards the bottom. Then a slight retraction of the lower section, really neat!!
Then straight up at hyper speed. Great find looks ligit.

s&f

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
again common sense doesnt seem to feature.

If that footage was real it would be worth millions in media rights all round the world. It would be easy for the person who captured the footage to authenticate it submitting the original recording to any number of labs for analysis.

Instead they post it on youtube so people can argue if its cgi or not. That alone should tell you its fake. But then if nobody made fake ufo videos beleivers wouldnt have anything to look at.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

The first thing I would do if I had UFO footage would be to put it on as many web pages as I could, that includes youtube.
sending off your phone or camera to get it verified may see the accidental loss of your camera or phone.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Im impressed. Not many vids make me actually take notice..this is pretty amazing footage. Worth having it professionally analyzed, IMO.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

are you really that stupid? you would throw all the money away and any credibility. You wouldn't "send it away" in the post. First you recruit an expert like ritzman or any video processing lab and personally take the hardware to the lab. You get them to authenticate it as not being tampered with. You then contact the press and tell them your doing a press conference with your respected lab buddies. Maybe show a few stills or a few seconds then open the bidding.

uploading real clear footage of an alien spaceship to youtube woudnt happen. Thats not how the world works. As much as you want it to never in your wildest dreams happen.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by yeti101]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

yes i agree lets get the original hard disk/memory card or whatever medium it was recorded on professionally analysed before accepting it as fact. But my spidey senses tell me that would never happen...i wonder why?

my moneys on fake, who wants to bet against me?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by munkey66

are you really that stupid? you would throw all the money away and any credibility. You wouldn't "send it away" in the post. First you recruit an expert like ritzman or any video processing lab and personally take the hardware to the lab. You get them to authenticate it as not being tampered with. You then contact the press and tell them your doing a press conference with your respected lab buddies. Maybe show a few stills or a few seconds then open the bidding.

uploading real clear footage of an alien spaceship to youtube woudnt happen. Thats not how the world works. As much as you want it to never in your wildest dreams happen.

excuse me?
that may be what you would do, having been witness to a real ufo sighting, your heart is beating fast and it puts you in a surreal emotion while you try and take in what you just saw, it shakes the very belief foundations of what you think is real and what is not.

I personally would put it up on youtube, then call the press and then let the experts come out of the woodwork.
as far as opening the footage to the highest bidder, you obviously have never seen a ufo.
It isn't about the money, its about getting the truth out.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Yeti your a D***.

If I had footage of ufo's I wouldn't bother searching for labs to send it to, because normal people don't think about doing that.

Normal people think about posting it somewhere where everyone can see it, your not going to send it to the CSI UFOLogy lab, get a grip of reality.

You can't possibly say its fake because it moves exactly with the surroundings when the camera shakes, the resolution is just like the surrounding, you can see not ridges that would indicate some sort of placement in the video or anything.

And this guy has many videos of UFO's so he would have to be one of the best most persitant editors there is. But iv seen alot of cgi and you can always spot something unnatural in it, either a movement or the textures and this doesn't have it.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I've ripped the vid to my hard drive and played it back using VLC player full screen...slow motion, frame by frame. I think it's likely a fake...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb32433fab00.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb7d932308d9.png[/atsimg]

If you zoom in on the object, it has a ring of interference around it. This is usually a sign that it's been copy and pasted onto the original media. In this case, footage of the sky is taken and then the object animation is added.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Yes, this was clearly taken by your average, run of the mill, man in in the street who routinely submits all his home movies to extensive digital analysis. It would never occur to him to use the image stabilization process in reverse, to make a cgi effect shake with the camera. As usual, there is no record of what else was on the tape or disc. Just once, I'd like to see a really convincing UFO sequence sandwiched in between Aunt Minnie's birthday party and Junior's first soccer game.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Is it possible that the distortion ring of interference around the craft is from the propulsion electro magnetic disturbance? Just grasping at straws.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by sparrowstail]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
rember one thing most sci-fi wrietrs are a little nuts that is what makes good

[edit on 6-3-2010 by draco61]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
reply to post by Kandinsky

Is it possible that the distortion ring of interference around the craft is from the propulsion electro magnetic disturbance? Just grasping at straws.

It's a little early to rule out the possibility that Geordie La Forge wasn't re-routing power through the matter/anti-matter buffers from auxiliary shields. This would certainly cause the interference around the craft

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
That looks like a star-wars drone. I highly doubt the authenticity of this footage.

Originally posted by Kandinsky
I've ripped the vid to my hard drive and played it back using VLC player full screen...slow motion, frame by frame. I think it's likely a fake...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb32433fab00.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb7d932308d9.png[/atsimg]

If you zoom in on the object, it has a ring of interference around it. This is usually a sign that it's been copy and pasted onto the original media. In this case, footage of the sky is taken and then the object animation is added.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Nice vid

Line #9824389

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

I did a fair amount of CGI some years back when working in the Video Post Production industry.

When combining to images, one image becomes the background while whatever is added to the image will exist as a layer above the background.

One has to extract what it is you want to add to the background first by making everything around the object transparent. This is why actors are filmed in front of a blue or green screen. The blue or green can then be removed by a computer program. The actor can then be placed on any background.
If you had an outline around the actor it would obviously look fake. There are very complex algorithms designed to prevent this from happening.

Did you notice how the object of interest became centered in the frame and remained relatively still after the image was stabilized?

This same technique is used by motion tracking software to place an object in an image an have it move relative to its surroundings whenever the camera moves.

Now, IMO, the footage is fake.

I downloaded it so that I could play it back frame by frame.
In the "raw" footage, the object departs in two frames, and seems to fade out first before taking off. If there is any motion blur, it is hardly noticeable.
However, once the footage is slowed down, adjusted for contrast and stabilized, there is suddenly very noticeable motion blur.

I enhanced the contrast in the raw footage too, and I still don't see the pronounced motion blur evident in the tweaked portion of the video. Motion blur is used to simulate speed and movement (it went so fast the camera couldn't keep up).
The motion blur is also in a different direction to the movement of the camera.
You can see what I mean if you film a light source at night and you move the camera quickly. The resulting light smear will be in the direction of the camera movement.

A good attempt, but not perfect.

Regards

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by i

The "outline" around the object are compression artifacts. Compression algorithms try to determine what information changes between on frame and the next and the next. Fast-moving images tend to get these artifacts around the edges.
You can see these if you are close to your TV during a live sport broadcast like football or hockey, etc. The players have outlines.

Regards

[edit] Somehow I replied to Kandinsky...this reply is meant for krystalice.
apologies

[edit on 6-3-2010 by V1g0r0u5]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by V1g0r0u5

The "outline" around the object are compression artifacts. Compression algorithms try to determine what information changes between on frame and the next and the next. Fast-moving images tend to get these artifacts around the edges.
You can see these if you are close to your TV during a live sport broadcast like football or hockey, etc. The players have outlines.

I can't wait for the "All Professional Sports Are CGI Hoaxes" thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join