It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Member and Friend jkrog08

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I read the opening post announcing Jkrog's passing just before having to head out this morning, and I've had the entire day to attempt to mentally process the in-processable. I haven't yet and don't think I will. ATS is now bereft a great member, mind, and friend.

I think I last spoke with Jkrog directly on Mutter in early February. We spoke about time, consciousness, the universe, entropy, hyperspace...the nature of reality. I told him I was most interested in the philosophical and theoretical side of science, so the rest of our quick conversation focused on what consciousness was and whether it had any real relevance in the universe and beyond - it was a great discussion, and I'm glad I had the opportunity to speak with him. I definitely wish I had gotten to know him better, his threads were always so interesting (and right up my alley).

I hate to admit it, but I fear I took his presence here on ATS somewhat for granted - his contributions were always so worthwhile and intriguing, it was like he was just meant to be here. The information he presented fit in perfectly, and his method and demeanor of presentation was always positive and welcoming. This was the perfect place for his mind. I will miss him.

I think from now on, given how I feel now with his passing and that I didn't put in that extra effort to get to know him as Justin, rather than 'Jkrog08,' I'll look at all the information and creativity posted here on ATS with new eyes and a changed heart. I'll take more notice of the thought behind contributions, the time it took to prepare them, and the real person typing away somewhere on the planet with the hopes of entertaining and informing us.

I would say 'God rest your soul, Justin,' but I don't think we ever truly rest. Matter and energy brought together briefly in one reality still exist in some form beyond that reality, and they will eventually take on infinite forms. May this be a transition and continuation of the journey you began long ago. God speed, Justin.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

I just need to add my condolences. I always pictured jkrog as being much older. His wisdom belied his years. He is missed. My prayers go out to his loved ones.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I never knew him personally, as most on here. But, I felt that through his writings, and research, I DID know a part of him. I can only hope that an ever growing number of people find his threads, and have a chance to know that part of him as well. A great part of ATS, Justin seemed to have such a passion for everything he posted here, and I hope in the 'after', he finds all that he was seeking in this world!

My thoughts, heart, and condolences to his family, loved ones, and friends!

*to add: I had NO IDEA he was only 24

I had always pictured him as much older due to his writing style, and how he presented every thought put to this site. Wisdom years past his age, I would describe him as an 'Old Soul'.

Justin, I hope we meet someday in the after!

[edit on 7-3-2010 by jephers0n]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I don't think i ever spoke to him

But my thoughts are with his family and friends.

RIP

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
He was a good guy........a lot of ambition, more than most of us could ever know.
We'll hold the fort down for him.

R.I.P. Justin. God bless.

Peace

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I didn't get to know justin but from his posts and threads I can tell he will surely be missed!

R.I.P

Justin

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
My deep condolences to his family and friends. This is a big loss to the site and an immeasurably larger one to those who knew him personally.

What a tragic situation.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
[MOD EDIT: Please review the opening post of the thread]

[edit on 3/7/2010 by yeahright]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I understand how alot of you are curious as to what happened, but at this moment the answer wouldnt do you any good, I can promise you that. Its one of those situations where ignorance is bliss.

Ill be leaving here at midnight for the funeral. Justins mom and aunt did take the time to read some of this thread so you all know, that your words did reach his family.

I can tell you guys this whole week has been a life changing ordeal. Justin gave me a new outlook, I will never look at the world the same again. I truly see through brand new eyes. I know this is hard for every one us right now, even people who didnt get the chance to know him. And I cant say it more how greatful I am to have you guys as a family.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I would like to write something really nice, but the shock of knowing about this in a internet forum is just.......surreal to me.

He was one of my dearest friends here on ATS, and I lost count to the number of nights that we spent talking about all sorts of stuff. He was a true friend, in the end.

All I can say right now, is that I will really miss him.

RIP my friend.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

The reality is, "how he died" has nothing to do with celebrating the bright light he was to this community.

If that's not enough for those who seek to know how, then they will have to seek elsewhere.

We simply don't do that here, there's nothing to gain from it, and whether it was a terrible illness or a train wreck, it has no impact on how that brilliant young man pursued the DENIAL OF IGNORANCE with a passion.

Enough said.

Travel safely Jess..

mark...

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Dear Justin,
I know I haven't been in touch as much as I usually have been, since moving to school. I miss our near-daily conversations and your absolutely never-ending respect and support for everything I've done both on the site and in my life decisions. I cannot think of a friendlier or more supportive person on these boards, not only to me but to the entire community. You are a talented, intelligent, kind-hearted person. You've brought more smiles to my face than you probably ever knew. I've considered you one of my greatest friends here on the site, and I wish I had been around more recently to say "g'night" for one last time.

I'm going to miss hearing from you, and reading your well-thought out posts and threads. I think your commitment to the site and to encouraging members was greatly appreciated by the entire community.

I know you will forever live inside my U2U box, in your posts, and more importantly in my heart.

Rest in Peace, my good friend.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Just a quick note to express my sadness at his passing, but also to share that in truth, his warmth, expressed so openly in his posts and rebuttals, besides the obvious intellect as well as wisdom, eventually helped win me over to give up lurking and join the fray on the alien and UFO board. He didn't know me from Adam, but selflessly offered to help me with my first post...becoming the first to make my friends list...I thank him for that, and for introducing me to a new level of information sharing via ATS. Lucky me to have caught scraps of his genius in real time.

I must add my tinge of jealousy (tempered with no small amount of pride) that he now has all the answers we here are left behind to pursue...he deserves it. Truly an Honest Agent if there ever was. Godspeed, Justin.

CDS

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
oh this one says it all. i love the ending.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
So sad to have lost someone so young, especially someone of such intelligence and passion.

Condolences to friends and family.

I will miss his input to ATS.

Springer, could ATS arrange something for any service on behalf of members here and in recognition of his contribution ?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Omg, Im going to cry, something about ATS community thats so personal, it hits close to home, RIP.....wells up in tears.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by chunder
Springer, could ATS arrange something for any service on behalf of members here and in recognition of his contribution ?

Originally posted by Springer
I've contacted a local florist and there will be a fabulous arrangement at Justin's funeral from ALL his friends at AboveTopSecret.com.

It would be great if someone could print this thread and get it to the funeral home to be placed by the flowers...

mark...

This thread is being printed, bound and will be presented to the family in person ... from All whom have voiced their condolences, sympathies and/or well-wishes throughout.

What a wondrous and beautiful Community we have here.

Honestly. Takes one's breath away at times.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I cant stop crying now...im a full grown man....ive been a member of this site since 2003/4 and I just cant handle this..

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Just saw this very sad news. top contributor, such a loss.

i cannot think of anything to say that has not already been said in this thread.

i take solace in the fact that energy cannot be created or destroyed it can only be transferred into a different state.

May your energy find peace and all your questions be answered in whatever form it is currently taking.

R.I.P

QS

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I cant stop crying now...im a full grown man....ive been a member of this site since 2003/4 and I just cant handle this..

its ok , i am also a fully grown man and i will admit i had a little cry for all involved.

Don't bottle it up, that does no one any good.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join