It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Member and Friend jkrog08

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Im truly shocked and saddened by this news and as others have already said really lost for words...

A great ATS member and someone that will be missed by so many..

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

RIP jkrog.

JQ.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Thank you jkrog08 for having been here.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I am so sorry to hear this! I loved his posts and looked forward to more. ATS has truly suffered an incredible loss.

"It is the will of God and Nature that these mortal bodies be laid aside, when the soul is to enter into real life; 'tis rather an embryo state, a preparation for living; a man is not completely born until he be dead: Why then should we grieve that a new child is born among the immortals?" ~Benjamin Franklin, 22 February 1756

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Rest in peace Jkrog.......it is often difficult for a man to be both well liked and well respected by his peers. You were both.

Take care and happy travels....

Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto. Sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper, et in saecula saeculorum. Amen.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is a tragic loss. Deepest sympathies to his family and loved ones. jkrog08 was an example of a very fine mind, and he will be dearly missed by many, even though few of us knew him. I hope he finds peace.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Dear jkrog08

This morning when going over the daily events on ATS (and of course a cup of coffee), I heard about your passing.
Although we never spoke to one another, I remember coming across your posts numerous times on ATS over the passed year.

I did not feel it appropriate to post a comment because, well....I did not really know you.

But today you have been in my head all day! It was a Saturday so i did some hard labor shuffling mud (don't ask..), to make some extra money. And every five minutes the name jkrog08 popped up and i started thinking about how fast life can be.....

So that is why now that we have this connection i feel it as a honor to direct this first, last and only post to you from me.

I hope that wherever you are it is as good as I imagine it to be and that you are reading all these posts with a big smile on your face.....

Peace

PS: It is said that any man lives on as long as he is remembered by the living. So i changed my signature to your profile page. Hey, it's just a theory, right?

[edit on 6-3-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Earlier in this thread, courtesy of TheMythLives, there's a link to send your condolences:

www.webfh.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Thanks 'Trep - missed it earlier, so appreciated.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Thanks MemoryShock.

Thank you for sharing jkrog08, and leaving your wisdom for all of us.

My condolences to family and friends.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I just logged into ATS and this news hit me like a train, very surreal and unexpected. Jkrog08 was one of the heavyweights of the ufo world who informed and educated many people during his stay, all done with a passion and love that is unsurpassed. You have lit the path of truth so that many more can follow, be at peace my friend.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'm very new to this site, but I already new this member from the postings. The news feels very surreal to me.
Therefore, jkrog08, I wish you a save journey, and that you may reside in a better place, beyond this earth. And in a way I envy you, because you, at this very moment, know what every person in this world wants to know.

-Thom

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I don’t know what to say…

I’ve just read an amazing post by jkrog08, posted about 8 days ago in the philosophy and metaphysics forum. I wanted to ask him some questions regarding his ideas on free will, but I guess it just wasn’t meant to be…

I read a lot of stuff here on ATS and although I never met jkrog08, I feel it doesn’t really matter. Anyone who is seeking the truth, is friend of mine.

Goodbye friend and good luck in your next journey…

- JC

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Thanks Pagasus for putting together Jkrog's posts from ATS on a webpage. His posts will live on, and it gives many (including myself) the chance to read or re-read his posts and contributions here on ATS.
Here is the link:
www.thelivingmoon.com...
RIP Justin

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Seeing someone's face and reading a snippet of their lives gives such a deep, almost religious feel to their passing.

I didn't have the privilege of knowing Jkrog, but based on the overwhelming reactions and support from all of you - it seems as though Im at a tremendous loss

I agree with Springer. At least his work will live on through the ages. A testament to what makes a great ATS member, and a startling reminder of the mortality we pay little attention to.

Rest in Peace, Jkrog.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Death is but a doorway to new life

Godspeed Friend

Love and Peace

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
If you will forgive me the personal retrospective ...

Will our posts live forever.

I've always wondered how long posts and threads and podcasts are going to be kept on ATS's servers.
I am aware of the amount of threads and posts saved in one's profile.
But my question is a more "romantic" one.
When I'm old and wrinkly will I be able to log to ATS and see post and threads I made forty years earlier. Will ATS keep expanding server space and save everything?
Because if it does it would be amazing.
It would almost be like a diary of your life. You would be able to see how your thoughts and ideas developed through your life, reminisce about old friendships and conversations, if by then we're on talking terms with the spacemen we'll look at our crazy ideas together and laugh. And so many more memories kept here for us or even our descendants to look back on.
ATS would almost be like a cultural and social library of our times.
I don't know it sounds really cool to me.
So I hope we never die on ATS. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some interesting and apt responses follow ... though I so wish they weren't relevant to this circumstance.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Somehow one seem to see members as non-real persons that plays a role on the net and on forums like this one.
So when a tragic event like this happens, you really wake up as if being punched in the face when you suddenly realize that all the members here realy ARE in fact human beings. I found myself forgetting that sometimes.

I know you are gone, but I will still talk directly to you jkrog80.
I don't think we ever spoke ( not sure though ), but I sure do have followed your work here on ATS, and i have enjoyed them very much.
I wish we had more of your kind of persons here on this board. Unfortunally your kind is hard to come by.
So thank you for your work here on ATS. May your search be answered now, wherever you may be.
My thoughts goes out to you and your family.

R.I.P Jkrog80

Cya around

/Akezzon

PS. What Springer said...

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Akezzon]

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join