It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Seen the Lumberjack Man?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I saw a really tall man (maybe around 6'7" or so), appeared Caucasian, dressed in a jet black trench coat, boots, wearing sunglasses and a knit black hat walking backwards along a rural road once. My wife and I both saw it, we looked at each other and could not believe what we had seen. I wanted to stop but she was too afraid.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

My wife and I both saw it, we looked at each other and could not believe what we had seen. I wanted to stop but she was too afraid
reply to post by DJM8507

Forgive me if I misunderstood, but this sounds like someone was simply walking down the road. Is there any aspect of your encounter that seemed paranormal or metaphysical in nature?

And have you experienced anything similar while asleep?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The only entity i ever saw during sleep paralysis was what can only be described as an alien. I think i have put the story on here before somewhere. The strange thing is why haven't i seen it since? I have lost count the amount of times i have had sp since, but he hasn't been back.
More recently i managed to get to speak to a top psycologist here in England and they still say its all in the mind!
I don't know what to believe anymore? All i know is i know when i'm awake or not and i always am, my senses are on red alert. How the hell can you sleep through something like that?
One time i refused to open my eyes and although i couldn't move was cussing and swearing in my mind, reassuring myself it will be all over soon! As if? It was one of the most bizarre incidents i have ever had. Something was operating on my brain! I could see all this, i was forced to watch! My teeth were chattering and my head was physically cranking back and forth in a machanical motion! Then to top it all the bottom half of my jaw was in an xray and i could see every tooth in my head.
There is more, but at this point i cannot go on. Sorry, although nothing has ever hurt me, my mind can't always comprehend what has been done to me. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

How the hell can you sleep through something like that?
reply to post by happinness

That is an excellent question.

I think the theory is that you aren't truly asleep or awake, but inbetween. Hypnagogic state, I believe its called.

It really is terrifying, I agree. Although experiencing an alien abduction sounds WAY more terrifying than a lumberjack any day of the week.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Hi guys,

Im new to ATS so hello to you all!.

I chose to reply as I have personal experience of Sleep Paralysis and I am always interested to hear other peoples take on the subject.

I haven't had an episode for about 1 year or so now and it was quite infrequent.

Not ONCE was it a pleasent experience. I have had the courage on a couple of occassions to try to open my eyes.

One time i saw a ball of light float across the bedroom floor (I was about 15ish at the time) and one other I 'knew' someone was close to me or watching me closely. So i thought "if I open my eyes slowly, the will see and 'run off'.." I will try to describe as best I can the following, When you half open your eyes, you have a blurry image, I could see this guy croutched as the side of my bed, literally about 6" away from my face. I think he was of dark skin or black, I think he had rimmed glasses and I heard him say 'he's opening his eyes'....at that point, I daren't open my eyes fully, in case there was something I seriously did not want to see!

So, I closed my eyes again tightly. I know when I'm coming to the end of an episode, as this weird noise dissipitates. I can only explain it as when you try to tune an old wireless radio in and there is a high pitched 'wavy' noise.

One occassion, which I found was highly interesting (and I havent seen any other similar situations). I started with another episode, my girlfriend was listening to the radio and reading some magazine. I could hear the radio, but it was as if it wasn't properly tuned in , ya know when you can kind of hear a station but there is loads of static as well??....it was like that. I tried to scream her name to tell her and to wake me up, but it was more like a throaty, soft sigh and I couldnt make any noise. Now, at the time she was taping the music on the radio and as soon as I snapped out of it I ran over to the taped audio, rewound it to listen. I was certain that it would have recorded the static. But it was perfectly clear....

I cant help but thik there is some link between sufferers and some kind of different 'dimension/level of consciousness' we some how 'tune-in' to this dimension or we are some kind of receiver of somekind?....i don't know how to explain it?....

It's always terryfing. But can it be used for some portal of astral projection as well??.....I have tried to coax another, to have a go. but not had an episode for a while..

thoughts anyone?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I cant help but thik there is some link between sufferers and some kind of different 'dimension/level of consciousness' we some how 'tune-in' to this dimension or we are some kind of receiver of somekind?....i don't know how to explain it?....
reply to post by oDUTCHYo

Welcome to ATS!

This is a very interesting idea. I wonder if there's ever been a study to determine if sufferers share common characteristics or traits in other areas. I'm going to do some research; if I find anything I'll add it to the thread.

Thanks for the great response!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
If nothing else you learned a valuable lesson from this experience-

Shotguns aren't very useful when they're not loaded!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I thought i was going mad! The weird buzzing and white light in front of my eyes, like as you say oDutchio like a radio on the blink or as i like to describe it as an amp shorting out or speakers.
The night i had the thing going on with my teeth was my first and only oobe. It was like i was in bed, with all those things going on and because i wouldn't join in, next thing i know i'm watching it all from the ceiling. I've never seen anything like it in my life? I didn't bring it on, it just happened. Suffice to say my boyfriend was there, but snoring his head off, completely oblivious to what was going on. I could see my head bathed in a yellowy/white light, which looked like a spot light. Then there was this beam of light coming in from my cupboard, shining into my face. The back of my head was gone as if removed and there was this white fog in front of and behind my head. From the side my jaw was an xray. I think that was the time i rang the samaritans. I was just beside myself. My boyfriend and i broke up not long after that. I would swear on oath i was in shock for months afterwards. Thanks smyleegrl for bringing this up. X

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Hi smyleegrl. I have had about 5 events where my brain is working but I can't move and I have a feeling that something is in the room. I can manage to move an arm but must use all my strength and then i'm just able to move it from my side to my chest and then its "dead" again. Each time I use all my strength to open my eyes and just get them about half way open and I see a shadow move across my room and then I can't keep my eyes open and they slam shut. No matter how hard I try that is all I can do for moving until I finally break out of it and I bounce up able to move my body and eyes, and the shadow figure is always gone. Growing up I never went to church much. One of my friends went to church every sunday but after going with him and his parents a few times, I was banned from going with them because I would my my friend laugh during sunday school.

I have also had a couple times where I have seen the future about 15 minutes before it happened when I was younger. First time I was home alone it was getting close to dusk and I was waiting for my mother to get home from work. I heard a car pull up and looked outside and saw my mothers car parked outside where it usually was but didn't see my mother. I walked outside on the deck and looked down at the car (our house is on a hill and we have stairs going up to the house. Its about 10 feet up and the car was about 15 feet away from me) but still didn't see my mother but thought maybe she walked down to get the mail (we live in the "woods" and our driveway is a dirt road about a quarter of a mile long full of trees along it so you can't see the whole thing) but didn't think much of it and went back inside. About 10 minutes went by and my mother still didn't come in so I looked back outside and the car was gone and now I was getting kinda worried and a little spooked. I sat back down and about 5 minutes later I hear a car pulling up and looked outside and saw my mother pulling up in the car. I went outside and waited for her to get up the stairs and asked her "Where did you go??" and she replied "What do you mean? I just got home." My hairs stood up on my arms and I told her I saw her car here 15 minutes ago but didn't see her and she said it wasn't her she just got home... I didn't know what to think.

Another time it was during the summer time. Living in the woods during the summer I would often pitch a tent and sleep outside during the summer for fun. Anyways one afternoon I was kinda tired so I thought I would take a quick nap in the tent. I had just laid down (for about 5 minutes) when again I heard a car comming up the driveway. I looked out the little tent window and saw my mother and stepfather comming home. My stepfather was driving with the window open and my mother was in the passenger seat both of them were looking straight forward. I didn't think anything of it and put my head back down. About 10 minutes later I hear another car comming up the driveway so again I look out the tent window and again I see my stepfather driving the car up the driveway with the window open and my mother in the passenger seat. This time I didn't lay back down and I got out of the tent and walked up towards them. They got out of the car and I asked hey where did you guys go! They didn't know what I was talking about and said they just got home. Again my hair on my arms stood up. I have another story about the supernatural that scared me but I will leave that for a different post.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Trudge]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Shotguns aren't very useful when they're not loaded!
reply to post by WhiteOneActual

True....but they make a GREAT club!

Actually, I'm probably too chicken to even shoot the thing.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Trudge

Trudge,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. They sound very strange, indeed!

Your second two events you described sound kinda like a "time slip/shift." There's a thread somewhere on ATS about it, I don't really know all that much myself but it is very fascinating.

I've never had any precognitive events, but had have some extremely vivid and realistic dreams that I hope never come true. Typically, my dreams are very surreal and I'm lucid during the dream, but during this one recurring dream I never realize I'm dreaming until after I wake up. Anyways, in this dream my cousin has just died in a car wreck. Each dream is exactly the same, except for one difference; the cousin who dies changes each time. Wierd, huh.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Your dreams do seem very strange that its exactly the same but a different cousin each time, and I hope it doesn't come true for you either.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I am pretty sure that sleep paralysis is related to what the doctor told us was called night terrors in children.

My son has had them a few times, especially when he is extra tired.

It usually causes him to scream like he is being attacked and then he will cry to the point of hyperventilating. A few times he has said there was something in his room, and one time that there was a pig outside his window trying to get in.

The pig scared him the worst, he was convinced that pig wanted to kill him and eat him (WTF?!?!). It actually caused some bad dreams afterwards for a few months.

These are different from bad dreams, he will wake up from nightmares and crawl into bed with us, and if you ask him he will just say he had a bad dream.

Going by his explanation, that he couldn't move but something was there,

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Ive seen the lumberjack man. In a dream but none the less. He was in the kitchen with the antichrist.

The setting was an old farm house I spent lots of time at when I was a kid. The sky was on fire and tornados of fire were there too. I hopped in a SUV that was full of close friends and family. We started floating up to heaven, everyone smiling and laughing. I jumped out, landed, ran for the house. A black horse tried to stop me. I zig zagged by it, but it bit me on the shoulder. I burst into the house, ran in the kitchen. A lumberjack was standing next to an infant in a highchair. They were both bugged eyed, very surprised to see me there. The infant was the antichrist.

Also I once read a story of some miners that were trapped in a collapse. And a lumberjack came through a supernatural door in the tunnel and saved them, and then dissappeared again

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Hi there..

I seem to get this quite often. A few times a year.

The only way i can describe it is like - i'd be half asleep, almost fully unaware of my surroundings, then i'd get a fuzzy / static feeling in my head like you would on a dusty computer monitor.

The 'feeling' of semi-unconscious would instantly change to being fully aware of my bedroom and my body, but i'd be unable to move. Very heavy feeling of my limbs.

I will then experience a momentary waking dream or nightmare - sometimes visual, sometimes a feeling, soemtimes a sound...- one time it felt like a 'wolf' was gnawing on the back of my head and another time i thought something was scratching at my door... And yet another time i hallucinated, thinking that my friend was shining a blue torch in my face.

usually i get the feeling something is in the room with me...

I've trained myself to snap out of it, almost instantly...

But now i wish i have the bravado to hang onto the feeling, but it always feels like its building up to something terrible, so i twitch my thumb or toe to wake myself...

I sometimes think it's a build up to an out of body experience, which i don't think i've ever had - although i quite often find myself in a lucid dream straight after sleep paralysis.

Very strange thing to experience.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have narcolepsy and experience sleep paralysis almost every day. It's simply because my brain enters REM sleep before I'm all the way out. That's pretty much what narcolepsy is, a skip of all other sleep stages and a jump into REM or Dream Sleep sometimes before you're even sleeping. I have seen some CRAZY # when experiencing sleep paralysis but I don't think it means anything. I'm just dreaming with open eyes. Mostly its a scary thing, but whatever. No demons or angels, just a short in my brain. And of all the wild and crazy stuff I've seen, never have I seen a lumberjack man.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I have never had any experience with a lumberjack, nor anything else that is strange like that (other than ghostly type things in a couple of houses i lived in as a child, confirmed by others who lived there at different times). The only strange things like this that i have happen are these moments of insight. Sometimes they are incredible, sometimes not. I have many concepts that i consider, but am completely unable to put into words. I don't think it is that i don't have the vocabulary (i have an extensive vocabulary). It is more like a "block" in my head that keeps me from being able to fully grasp it while trying to verbalize it. Strange, hard to explain.

But onto your topic...have you ever heard of Morlocks? If not, look into it. That is exactly what you describe.

Being related to "inner earth" stories, etc, they are a strange factor in several stories about underground tunnels, etc. They are normally described just as you described them physically, and are often described as "evil", etc.

What part of the country are you in? The stories i have read are often in the southeast (Kentucky, Georgia, Tennessee) where therea re extensive underground passages and caves.

i'm quoting you because i have a reply directly to the OP, and someting you mentioned in your post.

OK--what i'm about to share, i've only told my sister. she and i are completely honest and open with eachother.

when i was in preschool, i remember hanging out with my sister one night in her room. she is 10 years older than me, and she was doing homework in her room. she had her notebooks and pencils and pens out and i thought it was so cool. i loved drawing as a child, and i thought of this as the cool grown up or big kid proffessional tools to do it. she loved babysitting me and let me hang out in her room.

her room was on the second story of the house, and like i said, it was at night. one of the blinds of her window was open, so i could see it was just black outside with some of the room reflected in it. i remember this night vividly. i remember tryin to draw a sword and whenever i would mess up, i would just skip to the next page in her notebook and start over, totally in love with and wasteful of these awesome new resources with which to draw my made up treasure maps and dragons. she uncharacteristically got annoyed with me for wasting her paper. i felt bad and started over being very careful this next time.

this is all while i'm wide awake...
i happen to look up at her dark window, on the second story of the house, with the blinds open, and saw a lumberjack as plan as day staring in at me. i'm not joking. he was right there in the 2nd story window, big beard, dark plaid shirt, i want to say suspenders. i couldn't see the lower half of his body, and i swear to god it looked like he was leaning on something watching inside. he looked at me for an instant and when i regeistered what i saw he was gone. i remember this vividly because this completely changed my life afterwards. how? after it happened i was forever afraid of something watching me through my windows or in my privacy, and as a child, this sort of screwed me up.

so yeah, this happened to me when i was awake, and i did not get a good feeling from him at all. i cuddled with my sister and stopped wanting to draw...

when i told her about this yeeaaars later, she mentioned something similar. she is sort of spiritual and will sometimes go to spiritual guides and speak with people about the spiritual beings that are involved in her life. once, someone told her that a burly man followed her around when she was younger.

as for what you said about having some verbal blocks, bigfurry texan, i get the opposite, where i literally spout completely uncomposed and instantaneous, beautiful fluent sentences/thoughts/arguments that i have no idea where they came from. that doesn't sound very strange but i only notice them when it's a unique conversation, as in i've never had a conversation similar to it before ,so it's not like some rehashing of thoughts or ideas.

i've had bizarre and unhappy expereinces with sleep paralysis that i can't explain and don't like ot think about, but i was awake for this one.

just wanted to share that...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I have sleep paralysis relatively frequently, but I have never seen the lumber jack man or a shadow person. Once I did see a red shadow lady who seemed to be holding a shadow umbrella and wearing a big poofy dress like Mary Poppins... but it wasn't scarey.

Though there are some uncomfortable things that do happen to me almost everytime I experience SP. I hear a loud banging on a door, feet stomping on the ground and approaching me or circling my bed and a very strong and intimidating "sensed presence" lingering over me or behind me. Though whenever these kinds of things happen durring my SP I rarely have the courage to open my eyes. I have before, but I was never able to really see a full figure except in a few cases, but they weren't the typical shadow person or a lumber jack man. I saw that red shadow lady and on another occasion I saw what looked like the doll from Saw sitting on a chair...

Feeling wind blowing in my face and hearing wind blowing in my ears are also pretty common for me. Once I heard loud digital sounds like something you'd imagine some cliche robot would make. Like, "BEEP BEE BOOO BAAWWWWW BEEE BEEP!" Really fast in my head and my field of vision was flashing all sorts of colors while it was happening. And then afterwards I heard a strange mans voice counting down random numbers like, "53... 72... 64... 85... etc, etc." Almost like he was reading them off to me. That was one of the weirdest experiences in SP I've had.

My parents are atheists, but I have picked up an interest in spirituality and I do believe in God and somewhat in demons, angels, bigfoot and such.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Crapsghetti]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Similarity abounds, although i do not believe in sleep paralysis totally (well in my case). Nor a lumber jack.
Lets explain my scenario. And furthermore... I have, and will not EVER forget this experience i had which is somewhat very similar.

11 years old was I. My only younger brother 5 years old. At the time i found it completely and utterly amusing that i could scare the pants off my brother, in which i had partaken very much. Long story short, "BOO!!!" and my brother was freaked.

My mother would get severely upset at me, which is understandable, after all they (parents) would have to deal with the results or my mischief. (lack of sleep etc... from dealing with a child scared)
This was a given and i dealt with it as best i could.
Example: Scare my brother... and basically pay back is a B****.
So i would scare my brother... then i would intern reap the results of an aftermath from my father. Who would gladly oblige and return the favor...
NOT NICE.

Oh well, there is usually fun in mischief regardless of consequence in my young childish mind.
Long story short. I scared my brother A LOT... sorry .. it was a blast at the time and i knew that i was reaping... "Paybacks" as in my father returning the proverbial "favor".
So... after a time i knew when i had done something that i was going to be on the receiving end of something. A BOO!!, a scream or GRAB... etc...

It got to the point where my mother would warn me,

"You scared your brother.. blah , blah.... HOW DARE YOU!!.." Followed by the "Your Father is going to GET YOU!!"

Example.... One day i scared my brother.... my moms says... "Your Father is going to get you" .

I waited... then after Dad was home awhile i got a big scare from my bedroom window. Some kinda loud growl or sound which would freak me out, all the while he was outside my bedroom window instigating my fear.
It was hellish for awhile...

That is until i got "use" to it, er HIM reciprocating the "scare" favor.

OK... to the "meat" of this endeavor. And remember i had become calloused to my Dad's attempts to scare, dupe and mortify myself.

I scared my brother this particular day by cheaply hiding in a shadow with a loud "RWAR!!!!!"

So then my mother was angry..

"YOU JUST WAIT TILL YOUR FATHER GETS HOME!!"

Boy was she pissed!!!

So i waited, and was worried... and then got over it by rationalizing my 11 year old mind.
So i say to myself.... "whatever" "what can my dad do that he has not already done to scare me"

The "same ol' " became mundane and i was not really worried about it any longer.

The day i sacred my brother i waited and waited for the repercussions. Never came. I went to bed uneventful.

Ok about 3 AM i awoke suddenly. I awoke fully wide and coherent. I was like "Hmmmm" "why am i awake?"

I looked to my right, this was towards my bedroom door. The door was in the corner. Opened left to right, so it casted a slight shadow in the right corner of my bedroom. My door was kept slightly ajar because i had an issue with the dark. To the left of the door was a electrical outlet with a typical night light plugged in. This cast a shadow behind the door to the left straight into the corner. Not much though.
So my vision focuses and i see (sorry, it is what it is) a tall lanky figure seemingly draped in a white sheet. Complete with holes for the eyes. Almost looking sort of like a KKK member in a white sheet.

OK, OK... even at that age i was rationalizing things immensely.
"OH WOW!" i said to myself... DAD has gone all out on this attempt to return the scare to me.

"HA, HA" i said to myself as this figure did not move or say anything.
So i sat for about 20 seconds waiting.... with nothing happening but immense time dilation.

(CONTINUED)

[edit on 4-3-2010 by djmolecular]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by djmolecular

CONTINUED:

So i sat there and looked intently.

There was this sudden realization that this was not my DAD and i do not know why... I was smiling and and even said:
"HA..HA... you can't scare me Dad. Nice try though."
It did not respond.

Then fear enveloped me like a crashing wave. At this time it started slowly coming closer to the bed (it was in the corner maybe 4 feet away and started inching ever slowly and closer to me)
I mean very slow and almost floating towards me... there was no walking movement....it just hovered and floated towards me. ( no i did not look near the floor at where it's feet should have been, too close to my bed now)

As it got ever closer sheer terror enveloped me as somehow i realized this was not my father.
Closer and closer... and about 12 inches away from me i let out a blood curdling scream!!!.

My door was slightly opened and the opening cast a shadow on the right side as the night light was on the left of the door. A few moments after my scream i hear a THUD and i see an arm poke itself into view through my bedroom door behind this apparition (behind and beside the thing, not "through" the thing. It was not transparent, it seemed solid. ). I see the hand on the arm reach and hit the light switch to my room. In which the apparition dissipates instantly as the light turns on.. GONE!!
And I am staring there WIDE EYED right at my bedroom door as this hand which turned the light on opens the door. It is my frantic Dad.

My dad had heard me scream and fell out of his bed (literally. And almost broke his back) thinking someone was killing me .. the scream was so horrifying that is what him and my mother thought. And to this day they say i was dreaming. I don't buy it. And i tell you what... to this day i have NEVER scared my brother EVER again.

They laugh and joke about the story, but i know what is dream and what isn't.... i even physically "pinched" myself (and it HURT BAD as well as left a mark) that night.

I did however at the time live very close to Native American burial grounds from the 1800's and earlier. (Not on them, just close by)

I don't believe in ghosts etc.. etc.. but something made a stand and said not to scare my little brother ever again... and it was not my dad, or anything else i can rationally explain..

Can i say "LESSON LEARNED"?
I am 37 years old now and i have never scared him ever again.

Edited to add forgotten details.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by djmolecular]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join