It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Seen the Lumberjack Man?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I used to suffer from sleep paralysis alot.

I know what you mean when you say as you got older and wiser, your manifestations changed too.

I am certain that this occurence is connected to guilt. Honestly for me it all starts with a seed of guilt and stops when i own up to it. I believe there are deep rooted matters that surface when you sleep and those apparitions are there to remind you that something needs to be taken care immediately.

As for the lumberjack man my brother in law swears to have seen him as a child. I'll be blunt, his parents were catholic rednecks, they grew up in the woods. Maybe your surroundings now or as a child have something to do with it?

I think the lumberjack man is just one manifestation of the reaper or angel with a sickel.

Matthew 3:10
And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

You misuderstand. I simply dont know if this op is on the level.

the word "fiction" suggests you feel quite sure about weather the OP is on the level or not.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gluetrap

the viking wasn't yelling "spam, spam spam, lovely spam!" by chance?
sorry, couldn't help it.

seriously, sounds like you had a pretty good scare. hope you are okay.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

reply to post by pieman

Sleep paralysis is a scientifically verified phenomenon. Did you even check the sources I included? If so, you would have discovered this for yourself.

As to my particular event, that is why I posted my experience. To find out if my hallucination (note, I do believe it was a hallucination and not an actual manifestation of any kind) was in anyway triggered by my subconscious, or impacted in other ways. I also requsted for others to share their experience.

You can choose to believe I'm on the level or not, as you like. However, perhaps you really should check sources before hinting that someone is lying. Just a note for future reference, because that kind of immaturity doesn't fly to well on ATS.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

reply to post by blackthorne

No, but now that I think about it I do believe he was mumbling something about a dead parrot....

Thanks for the laugh. As to my current state, I'm fine. This happened a few years ago, and while I continue to experience sleep paralysis, it has subsided a lot. And thankfully the lumberjack man was a one-time occurrence....I never want to go through that again.

Thanks for the great laugh!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I am certain that this occurence is connected to guilt. Honestly for me it all starts with a seed of guilt and stops when i own up to it. I believe there are deep rooted matters that surface when you sleep and those apparitions are there to remind you that something needs to be taken care immediately.
reply to post by iamnot

You may be on to something here. I don't know if its guilt, but the college years were a very mentally traumatic time for me. I'd grown up Christian and was studying theology, and basically getting a whole new understanding of my faith. Very earth-shattering stuff on a personal level.

Most of the sleep paralysis events do seem to occurr during mentally troubled times....such as mentioned above or when I'm stressed about work. I think this is definitely worth exploring further.

About your brother....did he describe the lumberjack man? I've read other accounts of people who've seen "him" and they all describe him as wearing a red shirt and a knit cap. I find that detail very intriguing.

thanks for your response!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Fiction would be if one of us said OMG scary lumberjack with viking shield stalking me, must be the FBI!!!!

Originally posted by blackthorne
reply to post by gluetrap

sorry, couldn't help it.

seriously, sounds like you had a pretty good scare. hope you are okay.

He didn't say anything just stood there staring at me with this awful half smile on his face.

He also didn't move, I just blinked and closed my eyes and one time he was there and the next he was gone.

I do have sleep paralysis from time to time but generally it is just a sense of dread and fear, but no hallucinations.

I also have a hard time coming to at times, it is hard for me to fall asleep but once I do I am truly out cold. Combine both of those with the tendency for crazy dreams and its not surprising that I would hallucinate a Viking.

As I said in the first post, at first I thought someone was there, then after I snapped out of it and took some deep breaths I realized it was highly unlikely that there was anyone, much less a viking in full dress standing in the bedroom.

The incident a few nights later was truly scary for both me and the poor dog, and may be totally unrelated, there is no way to know.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

reply to post by pieman

You can choose to believe I'm on the level or not, as you like. However, perhaps you really should check sources before hinting that someone is lying. Just a note for future reference, because that kind of immaturity doesn't fly to well on ATS.

I know all about what is called sleep paralisis and much more just for your info. Not challanging that point.

But what sources in regards to your lumberjack sighting do you mean? All you have given here is your personal testimony.

What is immature is scewing someone that may call you on your own personal claims. Its is after all, our personal exposures, a take it or leave it sort of thing unless there are other profound accompaniments. Now you dont have to give proof, like the guy left footprints or something, althought thats not bad. I just happen to know a lot about this topic and look for certain indicators. There are certain indicators that can be used to come to a idea about the varacity not only in the telling of the tale but the tale itself.

Having said that I know from personal experience the kind of flack one can take for making such claims and so have learned to smell a hostile investigator. You may know that what looks like objective enquiry is really part of an effort to make you look mad or worse.

There has been nothing here so far in the reading that would indicate these stories are not contrived from reading about the experiences of others. You do follow what I am saying do you not?

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

But what sources in regards to your lumberjack sighting do you mean? All you have given here is your personal testimony.
reply to post by Logarock

Well, since this is pretty much personal testimony, you have to choose to believe or disbelive my saying that I hallucinated a lumberjack.

If you choose not to believe me, fine. No problem. I suppose there might be some folks who'd get a big thrill out of posting such a story with just the intent to delude someone. However, I'm not such a person. Again, you'll just have to believe or not believe.

There is no corroborating evidence of a hallucination, that I'm aware of.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well then, yes, I have no reason not to belive you personaly.

As far as evidence some have claimed after words to finding things knocked over ect. Or say others in the area hearing footsteps at the time in question.

Say like a person may awake out of the condition and tell someone in another room of what just happend. That person then shares that although they didnt see anything they heard the the door open and someone walking around but thought it was the roommate. Even the dog is hiding under the bed and wont come out. That sort of thing.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

As far as evidence some have claimed after words to finding things knocked over ect. Or say others in the area hearing footsteps at the time in question.

Wouldn't you consider something like to be more along the lines of a manifestation? Something physically there, or perhaps (if you happen to believe in psychic powers, not sure I do) telekinesis of some sort.

In every sleep paralysis event I've experienced, its always been physical with regards to feeling. I've never "seen" anything before, which is what made this particular episode really stand out to me.

I really wish I could find the website where I read other accounts of seeing a man dressed in red plaid and a knit cap. I'd found the sight years after my personal experience, and it frankly shocked the crap out of me because they were so similar. But I'm fairly new to ATS and that has been a few years before.

You mention you are familiar with sleep paralysis. Have you ever experienced it yourself?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Wouldn't you consider something like to be more along the lines of a manifestation? Something physically there, or perhaps (if you happen to believe in psychic powers, not sure I do) telekinesis of some sort.

I really wish I could find the website where I read other accounts of seeing a man dressed in red plaid and a knit cap.

Even Jung understood that when you have folks seeing the same thing it moves out of simple explaination.

Manifestation? I sure dont believe that hallucinations account for much ground here. If your having a paralisis event and see a guy that looks like a lunberjck standing there you had better take it as seriously as you can. I personaly dont belive that the condition of sleep paralisis is the conditon that creates an hallucination but rather the paralisis is caused by what you are seeing. Several paralisis cases are recorded in the bible but only when certain conditions are present. Unnatrual sleep and physical paralisis are both conditions recorded during encounters, manifestations and visitation and are generaly communicative in nature.

You may be unaware that lumberjacks are actualy mentioned in the bible. Really. They are known as "fellers" in one case. Other types have been seen in visions with insterments of death and distruction in there hands other than swords. Do a biblical study on the word "ax".

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

my brother described the guy exactly as you had. he was just a child and was scared of the man. he said the man would just look at him and then head into the woods. and this would be in broad daylight while he was awake. i think as adults we have had more time and experience practicing repressing thoughts and emotions and become blind in the process. otherwise maybe we'd still see these things in broad daylight too. obviously everyone questioned the possibilty of it being a real man seeing as how they lived in a forested area.

personally i believe what some call alien abduction is same as devil posession is same as past regression. some people see aliens, some see shadow beings (that's the one i've seen) some see lumberjacks and some see robed men and monk figures. i know someone who says he saw the man with an elephant head when he was a child. i believe they are all the same thing except they are just described differently because different people see different things.

i'm certain that ones history has a lot to do with the character the person will encounter.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

You and others may want to challange that idea about folks seeing what means something or its all the same thing just represented as whatever. Its easy and incomplete. Restrictive. Not that it is wrong mind you. I bet you see a really goodlooking person everytime you look in the mirror?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have had sleep apnea for the last four years and one seperate incident of sleep paralysis, but never saw anything, except for a blurry vision of a pile of clothes that looked like it was a hobbit or something until I could get full vision back, and yes it scared the H-E-L-L out of me until I realized it was a pile of laundry.

It could be guides, ghosts passing through, or could be just a hallucination, but given that you had no reason to form that hallucination in your mind, specifically you had not been dreaming or thinking of lumberjacks, I am more leaning that it was an actual apparition. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I am more leaning that it was an actual apparition
reply to post by ldyserenity

To my knowledge, I've never experienced an apparation of any type. I'd truly like too... we just recently bought a house and I asked the realtor if they were required to disclose if a house was haunted. She told me that question actually came up on the realtor exam, how strange is that?

To be honest, I think I'd rather it just be a hallucination. The idea of an apparation with that much malevolence is, well, disturbing.

thanks for contributing!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

i'm certain that ones history has a lot to do with the character the person will encounter.
reply to post by iamnot

Agreed.

Has your brother experienced anything similar since this childhood incident? If so, (and if he's told you), was it the same type of figure or different? I'd be interested in finding that out if possible.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Some believe that anything supernatural is of the devil. The same killed Christ. "He does these works by the power of the devil".

"For which good work do you stone me".

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I am more leaning that it was an actual apparition
reply to post by ldyserenity

To my knowledge, I've never experienced an apparation of any type. I'd truly like too... we just recently bought a house and I asked the realtor if they were required to disclose if a house was haunted. She told me that question actually came up on the realtor exam, how strange is that?

To be honest, I think I'd rather it just be a hallucination. The idea of an apparation with that much malevolence is, well, disturbing.

thanks for contributing!

I agree with that statement. However it might not have been malevolent. Either way, I am of the same mind as you, and I have seen an apparition I still say I would rather it have been a hullucination.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
that was a shadow person. That can happen when there is fear.
If you can't get out of sleep paralysis, change the rate of your breathing. That always works.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join