It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Private Refinery Discovers Gold-Plated Tungsten Bar

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Oh no, I am not minimizing this issue at all. In fact I think it does have quite far reaching effects throughout the market, just not on monetary supply or value of currency.

Those aspects are controlled by a wide variety of indicators and not just on the value of gold.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
Just drop it on a concrete floor and you will hear the difference.

Well that may explain the recent spree of earthquakes!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

I'm already way ahead of you. I've been hoarding Scotch for years now. I knew it would come in handy!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It is also worth noting that the SPDR GLD ETF has been mysteriously misplacing bars... they have to publish a long list of all the bars in their inventory, but anytime there is a big demand for gold all of the sudden these bars disappear from the GLD list.

ftalphaville.ft.com...

They are probably using ETF investor money to buy gold off the market to cover their naked shorts anytime someone tries to take delivery of gold from the COMEX... The COMEX and the CME and the CFTC are all complicit in allowing big banks to manipulate the price of gold futures by selling paper gold contracts that are not backed by actual gold. They are selling way more gold and silver than there actually is in existence. They can get away with this because most of the time traders buy contracts and settle them for the cash difference, but now that people actually want to take delivery of physical gold there just is not enough to go around.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is not the first time recent years that something like this has been found. Ethiopia was told to inspect all of its gold reserves in 2008 after it exported gold bars to South Africa and it was found that they were no more than gold plated steel. When the Ethiopeans began checking the gold they found more gold that was plated steel. A link to the BBC news story on this is here

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by avriel

I have wondered whether these were actually Tungsten,just called 'steel'' to aid the criminal investigation or as a generic word for grey metal,or a falsehood used to deter copycats.Steel is much lighter than Gold.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I know many don't feel David Wilcock is a reliable resource but something he said rings true with this article.

There was a thread about a month ago that had a radio interview with him. I didn't listen to all of it but the stuff that i did hear was very interesting. It basically said that China wanted the Rothschild faction to pay off some of its debt or it wouldn't do business with them. So they payed them but the Chinese figured out it wasn't all gold. He also said that the US had to pay some southern american countries with a transfer through Haiti, apparently they gave em the earthquake instead. Although what he says seems a little crazy, you have to admit causing a quake in of the poorest countries in the world isn't even near as crazy as paying back china with gold plated bars. Now I'm not saying paying back China with fake gold is anywhere near as f***ed up as killing 200,000 people, I'm just saying the consequences of messing with China are a lot larger than with Haiti

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
May be the "Goldfinger" 007 Operation!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
Telling the difference between a gold bar, and a gold plated tungsten bar is quite easy using several different methods using current technology, without using deformation.

Paramagnetism:

Using the gold bar inside a coil of wire with a constant number of turns, at a constant voltage change (AC) it should be possible to tell the specific paramagnetic properties of the metal itself by the following formula:

L = a4(pi)N^2µA / l

Or they could just flick it like the video said at the end?

EDIT: Sorry dangeresque, did not realize you had posted such a similar response

[edit on 3-3-2010 by thunderabove]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Not completely understanding the formula for assaying tungsten gold bars
further up, I would like to point out that AC current apparently only flows
through the surface of a gold bar. The gold coating of a bar is massive enough
to transport any strength of current, passing around the core, while DC will
also be conducted through the core.

Deep-freezing a fake bar or heating it up in an oven will probably give some
results like fissures and irregularities.

Bending the bar under pressure will show results, as gold is malleable and
tungsten probably isn´t.

Knowing the nature of man, I am absolutely sure that frauding has been done
on a big scale by governments and private persons alike. The crown of king
Heron of Syracuse wasn´t the first meddled with, but the first found out to
be a fake thanks to the laws of displacement by Archimedes.

Imagine, if all of your alleged 8,000 tons of gold were fake, you would be
missing 350 billion of $ in your balance !

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Udo Hohnekamp Lux.

It's not the current they are testing, it is the magnetic fields and the measure of inductiveness.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
From this interview it seems the IMF has sold India plated bars also, just to name a few countries. The depths of this rabbit hole could start to push the economy towards destabilisiation in a way we ain't seen before. Credit crunch and derivatives bubble aside, this strikes to the very core.

www.youtube.com...

Here's a link derived from OP source video source also, this includes gems like

LONDON, April 14, 2004 (Reuters) -- NM Rothschild & Sons Ltd., the London-based unit of investment bank Rothschild [ROT.UL], will withdraw from trading commodities, including gold, in London as it reviews its operations, it said on Wednesday.

The rothschild scum, getting out of gold? WHAT? Rats off a sinking ship perhaps?

'Gold bars in Fort Knox are fake'
viewzone.com...

[edit on 3/3/10 by GhostR1der]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
First off, yeah, it was a sales pitch. But that doesn't make it inaccurate. There are a lot of stories about bars faked this way. I think the big question is, where did the gold go?

I'm a big believer in gold, and I'm happy to say that I purchased quite a bit a few years ago when my business was doing better. Like everyone else, business is a little slower these days, and I've been able to keep my head above water by selling some here and there.

Anyway, we know that our fiat currencies aren't based on gold, silver, or any other commodity. The fiat currency's primary objective is to rob people of their labor. Gold, on the other hand, has value because of it's physical properties. Electrical conductivity, ductility, malleability, density, etc. And, of course things like jewelry, and artwork, to a less important degree.

However, it seems that whatever gold can do, something else can do better. The alternative may be more or less "expensive", but in any case I know of, gold isn't the "most perfect" material in any application.

So, what is gold's actual value? Rarity? There are things more rare. My mother has to get a shot once a moth. I don't remember the name of the drug, but the hospital charges the insurance company over $5000 for a 2mg shot. My admittedly hasty math puts that at over $7 million an ounce. I wish I had a safe full of that stuff! I digress, my point is that it seems to me that the value of gold in dollars seems very off to me right now.

Now, assuming that gold doesn't vanish into thin air, we should have more refined gold on the planet than ever before. We mine it, use it, recycle it, it's all still here, and we mine more all the time. Even if it was primarily concentrated among a few banks and countries, what are they going to do with it? Spend it? Then it just goes to someone else with the same question, what to do with it? Sell it to a manufacturer or mint? Trade it for fiat dollars?

And yet, someone seems to be making good fake bars. Why? If you have the gold, why risk your reputation by shipping fake bars? If you don't have the gold, I would think your buyer would have known from the start. If you're buying 400 oz bars, chances are you have a good idea of who has gold and who doesn't. For example, suppose France offers to sell Spain a large quantity of gold. If Spain doesn't think France can sell that much, they would be suspious and not buy.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that someone does not have as much gold as they are supposed to. Maybe a few someones. But if they don't have it, who does? It's still on Earth, right?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

my uncle in law formerly spent 20 years in the buy and sell gold

commodity trade, and estimated that the cost of 1 oz of gold

should easily be 3000.00 USD, and some of his colleagues suggested

if the paper money system fell apart, 1oz. would = $30,000.

that was in 2006.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It was only a matter of time, .... I wouldn't, .... but I have thought about doing this, .... it's just so tempting.

I bet alot more gold is fake than they think, but at the end of the day, is it any less valuable ??

Gold is gold not because it is useful, but because we assign it a certain value ..... a gold bar, wether real or fake will never be used. So most banks don't even check.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
I am a natural cynic. I think this story is trotted out in the media every time the money changers desire a spike in the price of gold.
This is just my opinion though. I have been watching the gold stocks for several years now and I seem to see a correlation between news reports and fluctuations in stocks. I think theses stories serve a useful purpose to a select few.

I like the way you think Sparky. With signs of supply stress building in the physical market , a related PTB twist could be to dampen investor enthusiasm for physical Gold , and drive increasing demand into the cartel operated ETF's.

Anyway , back to the OP.

Snip from Bill Murphy's Le Metropole Cafe: Translated email posted by Nick Laird.

Caps theirs...bolding mine.

Follow-up from Australia’s Nick Laird…

Hi Bill

This from the producers of the video.
Cheers Nick

ANSWER: COUNTERFEITING OF GOLDBARS

vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage.
MANY THANKS FOR YOUR ENQUIRY

Das Video ist tatsächlich bei Argor in der Schweiz aufgenommenworden, allerdings in einem ganz anderen Zusammenhang.THE VIDEO WAS EFFECTIVELY TAKEN AT ARGOR IN SWITZERLAND, ALTHOUGH INA COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CONTEXT

Unten eine englischsprachige Erklärung hierzu, die Ihnen einigeweitere Hintergrundinformationen gibt. Der Barren wurde übrigensschon vor über 10 Jahren bei Argor zum Einschmelzen abgegeben;sofort entdeckt und aus dem Verkehr gezogen. Gefälschte Barrenkommen extrem selten vor, unsere Kollegen in den Schmelzen können
sich an keinen Fall in den letzten Jahren erinnern, in denen ein solcher bei Heraeus zur Aufarbeitung eingeliefert wurde.

BELOW AN EXPLANATION IN ENGLISH TO THIS ISSUE, THAT WILL GIVE YOU SOME FURTHER BACKGROUND INFORMATION. THE BARS, BY THE WAY, WERE DELIVERED TO ARGOR ALREADY MORE THAN TEN YEARS AGO FOR SMELTING; WERE IMMEDIATELY DISCOVERED AND WITHDRAWN FROM CIRCULATION. COUNTERFEIT BARS ARE EXTREMELY RARE, OUR COLLEAGUES FROM THE FOUNDRY CANNOT RECALL A SINGLE INSTANCE IN THE LAST YEARS IN WHICH SUCH A BAR WAS DELIVERED TO HERAEUS FOR PROCESSING.

Statement:

The video shown on www.youtube.com is an extract from the weekly German television broadcast Galileo that discusses scientific topics. This particular broadcast covered the topic of gold including testing the purity of gold bars.

The presentation of the scene of (gold) production at the Argor Heraeus refinery – that was put on youtube.com in another context – when seen together with the text could therefore give an incorrect impression.

The false bar shown in the broadcast was a bar not produced by Heraeus; it was sent to the company for refining and detected already at the time of delivery. Compliance Management at Argor-Heraeus is very important and plays an important role at the company. Among others, it has very stringent rules for handling and dealing with precious metals.

Therefore, and combined also with strong and effective quality controls, Argor-Heraeus is able to assure the authenticity of gold bars produced by the company itself at all times.

Internet: www.heraeus-edelmetallhandel.de
Heraeus Metallhandelsgesellschaft mbH
Heraeusstr. 12-14
63450 Hanau, Germany

-END-

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
And this is why I am investing in silver ingots and coins. Not bricks, just a little here, and a little there. Mercury dimes as well. Even the occasional silver quarter or half dollar. It may be like $15- 16 an oz now... but I think the price is gonna go nuts if people abandon risky gold for somewhat more stable silver.

Or- with my luck after I buy a decent amount- silver drops to $3 an oz.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Everyone keeps asking "where did the gold go?" It didnt go anywhere, its right here, it takes about 35% real gold to make a "Tungsten Plated Bar" So with this fraudulent procedure you turn "One Real Bar" into THREE Tungsten Plated Bars. You immediately triple your starting amount. They arent hoarding the cores of these bars, they are using ALL the available gold they have to turn it ALL into Plated Bars.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by imeddieone4202003]

[edit on 3-3-2010 by imeddieone4202003]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

sp00n1, do you you realize your thread is actually the straw that broke the camels back? You could have just brought to attention to the MILLIONS of people who read ATS the fact that GOLD could be a bubble about to pop?

Now sp00n1, when it goes mainstream and investments start to change drastically I want you to realize, that your thread, could very have been the tipping point.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

sp00n1, do you you realize your thread is actually the straw that broke the camels back? You could have just brought to attention to the MILLIONS of people who read ATS the fact that GOLD could be a bubble about to pop?

Now sp00n1, when it goes mainstream and investments start to change drastically I want you to realize, that your thread, could very have been the tipping point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join