It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary - Found on Net

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

This is from 1999 and the article never gives names or specific cases...so this is hardly any sort of fact.

I don't know why more people on here don't use Snopes.

Snopes

People just like posting things without doing research.They think they are the first ones to ever find or post things like this.I have received this in an email I don't know how many times in the last 5 years.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Hey thanks! I'm not gonna dog on you for printing this article here. As a matter of fact I gave you a S+F! I will say this though, I don't need this article to know that the numbers are worse than that emails could ever be! As a matter of fact I'm willing to bet that just about every single member of congress is a filthy traitor and if not they are certainly a criminal at the very least!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I did not use Snopes because I have never heard of the site. This was sent to me by a friend just as you see it here with no reference of date published.

Wow, so you posted some garbage that a friend sent you without checking out the validity?

Nice fail, this is the cancer that is making ATS look like a bunch of idiots.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
THIS IS SO OLD MY GRANNY IS LAUGHING

FLAME ME --- I AM OUT.

THIS IS CRAP.

ANY MODERATORS OUT THERE

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I wonder what percentage of information posted on ATS is false? Ah well, at least it provides a bit of fun. ;P

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
i've seen this EXACT thread on ATS last year some time
sorry.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
A few of you have stated you recieved this or some other type of chain mail with incorrect facts. I'm curious to know if any of you have actually bothered to send them back to all of the recipients stating the incorrectness?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Do they even do background checks when they hire people for congress? Sounds like these found these employees from a slum.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Well alot of gov croonies are really peeved at this post , S&F just for stickin it to em and stirring em up !lol, Even ron paul has been marked as playing the good cop , unless policy changes ,more and more are gonna relate to posts like this , I feel sorry for any future president , One thing Obama proved is that his lies broke millions of hearts around the world and in U.s , Soon there will be no left or right wings , just a flightless bird , waiting on a true leader , Its looking like a joke out there !!!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by StaceyWilson

Glad you can read. /sarcasm

We don't give a crap about the content, it's the fact that this post is nothing more than a fake chain e-mail over a decade old. We are angered at the fact that the OP didn't bother to seek validity before posting, and I am personally angered at the fact that this crap is on the front page, there are much more deserving threads than this.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thegreatobserver
[more

The National Enquirer is on sale everywhere THIS IS ATS> Be real dont waste our time with hearsay. Great topic of interest and could have been a good thread BUT????

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Although I'm sure Congress has its fair share of ding-dongs. Its sound to me as if this statistic came from the same statistic maker on Facebook that churns out those "97% of people won't repost this, will you be one of the 3%"

I think that guy has his hand in the political statistic arena as well.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics:

* 29 have been accused of spousal abuse
* 7 have been arrested for fraud
* 19 have been accused of writing bad checks
* 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
* 3 have done time for assault
* 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
* 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
* 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
* 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
* 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

Can you guess which organization this is?

Give up yet?

It's the 535 members of the United States Congress. The same group of Idiots that crank out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yep.. that very scary. I don't know where these stats came from. The place I got it from didn't say.. But if this is all true.. it's something to consider next time election day comes around.

there's nothing scary about fairy tales, so why be afraid of yet another one.
This is fabricated nonsense and the numbers have been changed to reflect everything from british parliament to us congress to the senate to the government of pretty much any democratic nation.

the first clue it's bogus is that it doesn't go into any detail whatsoever. Name names and all is well. If not, then hold your judgment.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak

Do they even do background checks when they hire people for congress? Sounds like these found these employees from a slum.

A slum?

People get sued in the slums? For what? The dirt in their front yard?

The list in the OP is hyper exaggerated and full of fluffy protagonist words...and you fell for it.

Someone ACCUSED of something is a lot different than someone CONVICTED of something.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Yeah this is good , Flag it up ATS !!! lol , Weather the truth , or not, there is a reason people wanna flag this ,its because of the not so stirling job the gov are doin,
Whats a matter , Vaccines did work properly , Coppenhagen fail ?
Ever been hurt by someone you thought loved you ???? Billions baby ,Billions ,
Now thats what i call, MEGA KARMA OBAMA/Illuminati ! , This op post is nothing , its funny as hell , unfortunately ,when you manage to dumb society , posts like this are scary aint it , Downright offensive, especially to those who think people are stupid , I FEEL YOUR PAIN , SO SORRY FOR YOUR PAIN ,

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by StaceyWilson

Yaaahhh!!! Lets flag sensationalistic garbage! HOORAHHH We are denying ignorance by perpetuating it!

it may not be true - but it makes us feel good by providing an easy, albeit false, way of preaching the message we hold near & dear!!!!

ALRIGHT!!!!!!!

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Irrespective of it's fictional nature.....

Just for the pleasure of it....

* 29 have been accused of spousal abuse

To have been accused of something is not the same as having done it.

* 7 have been arrested for fraud

Again, being arrested for something does not mean you are guilty.

* 19 have been accused of writing bad checks

"Accused" - not guilty.

* 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses

A bankruptcy is a business decision, not a crime.

* 3 have done time for assault

Served a sentence? Or sat in a jail cell while the details were worked out? Not specific enough. A protesting political person can be so charged if they step on an officer's foot during a raucous protest.

* 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit

I assume this was written when 'bad credit' meant something.

* 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges

This I can believe... but even so, it doesn't mean much unless they were trafficking or were violent. PS - alcohol is a drug... the number should be much higher.

* 8 have been arrested for shoplifting

"Arrested" - not guilty.

* 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits

And? ("currently" means nothing without a date)

* 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

Unless you are living in a cave somewhere, this should be no surprise. This is a partying crowd!

Can you guess which organization this is?....,

Much ado about nothing..... this was cute..., in a sophomoric way.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Maxmars]

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

"Accused" is the main form of conviction on this site! Bush has been "accused" of EVERYTHING stated above! But in THAT case accusations PROVE guilt.

You libs SLAY me!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by StaceyWilson
Weather the truth , or not

You lost my interest in your post right here....

This forum should have a 3rd grade equivalency test required before joining, I mean WOW.

Originally posted by crmanager
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

You libs SLAY me!

You get a facepalm.jpg as well, don't put all libs in the same category as this idiot. That would mean that I could put all you conservatives in the same barrel as the rednecks in your party who want the south to rise again and think slavery should still be legal.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Perplexity]

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Perplexity]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

Originally posted by Maxmars

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

"Accused" is the main form of conviction on this site! Bush has been "accused" of EVERYTHING stated above! But in THAT case accusations PROVE guilt.

You libs SLAY me!

Just like Obama has been accused and is automatically guilty without proof. You cons slay me as well

-Kyo

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join