It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One in four Germans wants microchip under skin: poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

One in four Germans wants microchip under skin: poll

www.physorg.com

In all, 23 percent of around 1,000 respondents in the survey said they would be prepared to have a chip inserted under their skin "for certain benefits".

Around one in six (16 percent) said they would wear an implant to allow emergency services to rescue them more quickly in the event of a fire or accident.

And five percent of people said they would be prepared to have an implant to make their shopping go more smoothly.

But 72 percent said they would not "under any circumstances" allow electronics in their body.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I usually don't put much faith in polls, as they don't actually account an entire population. But these are pretty high percentages. I am glad to see that 72% of Germans have not completely lost their minds.

I also found it a bit odd that this poll was taken by BITKOM , the German IT Industry lobby group, when the German Chancellor Angela Merkel was kicking off the exhibition with a speech. How convenient.

www.physorg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-3-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Star and Flag!

Strange that nobody seems interested in this thread.
I mean what more evidence do you need about the state of the world today. People have become such sheeple that they will practically line up by themselves to be chipped.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Not a huge surprise.

Do you know how many people would sell their soul (let’s pretend one exists for a moment) for certain “benefits”?

If anything I would be surprised if everyone was against it.

These are complacent times we live in.

CX

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Does anyone else hate these "polls"?

One in four Germans do not want a chip under their skin, they asked 1000 people, not the population of almost 82 million.

Edited to add: No offence meant to the OP here, i'm not having a go at your post, it's the whole "poll" thing, the media always do it, making out it's the opinions of everyone.

CX.

[edit on 11/3/10 by CX]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

One in four Germans do not want a chip under their skin, they asked 1000 people, not the population of almost 82 million.

Edited to add: No offence meant to the OP here, i'm not having a go at your post, it's the whole "poll" thing, the media always do it, making out it's the opinions of everyone.

CX.

[edit on 11/3/10 by CX]

It's a technique called sampling, please look up on it and its effectiveness

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot
Star and Flag!

Strange that nobody seems interested in this thread.
I mean what more evidence do you need about the state of the world today. People have become such sheeple that they will practically line up by themselves to be chipped.

Spacebot, it may be that there are so many of these threads centering on the constant barrage of privacy incursions by the powers that be, that it wears one down. You can only maintain anger and frustration so long, then it becomes debilitating. Its a lost cause...railing against whats coming.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Wonder what percentage of people back in the 1960's would have willingly paid for and carried a device the government could use to track you anywhere you go from a long distance?

Today it's about everyone I know.

[edit on 3/11/10 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

That's why I hardly ever use my mobile phone any more.

The only circumstance I would allow a chip in me, or any other transhumanist agenda would be if;

We decentralise power, limit waste(d energy) and move toward worldwide communally-debated (in pursuit of Truth not ideology driven egoism), responsible goals, in sound order of completion-implementation-chronology within sound (infra)structure based on sustainability and supreme functionality.

Not a slave-minded capitalist-driven earth-raping pyramid scheme.

Those interested should check out this thread too, not mine, but in desperate need of more discussion. The NET: Cybernetic vs. The Unabomber

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

What 'they' are trying to do with microchips is come up with the golden application, like calling and texting friends are with cellphones, to hide their golden application inside so people will willingly pay for and maintain this device.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'm actually surprised that anyone would want a computer chip placed under their skin. Whether they make life easier or not, I really couldn't care less.

I am a human afterall not an automaton. I'd much prefer to remain organic thank you very much.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by maldronath

I just wanted more opinions on this.
I think much like all those 1000 persons polls, which might be samples derived with scientific methods are not all that accurate. We don't know in which context the question was presented and of course at which aspects the pollsters had focused in order to choose the individuals for it.
I believe there are many tricks involved in doing pols.

I would say that only an less than 10% would be ok with a microchip.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by spacebot]

CX

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by CX

CX.

[edit on 11/3/10 by CX]

It's a technique called sampling, please look up on it and its effectiveness

Will do.

Thanks for the advice.

CX.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The best thing about the "chip" is that any benefit would be simple convenience. Nothing life-changing or anything that would benefit mankind in the grand sense. Just simple convenience. Are people really too lazy to pull cash out of their wallet or use a key in a door they would jam some implant into themselves.

Never mind, I just remembered those women last week who injected industrial caulking into their buttocks to get a cheap butt lift.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I find the poll disturbing and I have never believed in sampling for polls.

It is about as ignorant as letting 10% of the population's votes lead the country.

And how easy and quickly people forget their history and the lessons hard learned.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Sampling

Sampling is that part of statistical practice concerned with the selection of individual observations intended to yield some knowledge about a population of concern, especially for the purposes of statistical inference.

Researchers rarely survey the entire population for two reasons (Adèr, Mellenbergh, & Hand, 2008):

(1) The cost is too high and

(2) The population is dynamic, i.e., the component of population could change over time.

There are three main advantages of sampling:

(1) The cost is lower, (2) Data collection is faster, and (3) It is possible to ensure homogeneity and to improve the accuracy and quality of the data because the data set is smaller.

Each observation measures one or more properties (weight, location, etc.) of an observable entity enumerated to distinguish objects or individuals.

Survey weights often need to be applied to the data to adjust for the sample design.

Results from probability theory and statistical theory are employed to guide practice.

In business, sampling is widely used for gathering information about a population.

IBM and the Holocaust: The Strategic Alliance Between Nazi Germany and America's Most Powerful Corporation

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c9c27969530.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

Was IBM, "The Solutions Company," partly responsible for the Final Solution?

That's the question raised by Edwin Black's IBM and the Holocaust, the most controversial book on the subject since Daniel Jonah Goldhagen's Hitler's Willing Executioners.

Black, a son of Holocaust survivors, is less tendentiously simplistic than Goldhagen, but his thesis is no less provocative: he argues that IBM founder Thomas Watson deserved the Merit Cross (Germany's second-highest honor) awarded him by Hitler, his second-biggest customer on earth.

"IBM, primarily through its German subsidiary, made Hitler's program of Jewish destruction a technologic mission the company pursued with chilling success," writes Black.

"IBM had almost single-handedly brought modern warfare into the information age [and] virtually put the 'blitz' in the krieg."

The crucial technology was a precursor to the computer, the IBM Hollerith punch card machine, which Black glimpsed on exhibit at the U.S. Holocaust Museum, inspiring his five-year, top-secret book project.

The Hollerith was used to tabulate and alphabetize census data.

Black says the Hollerith and its punch card data ("hole 3 signified homosexual ... hole 8 designated a Jew") was indispensable in rounding up prisoners, keeping the trains fully packed and on time, tallying the deaths, and organizing the entire war effort.

Hitler's regime was fantastically, suicidally chaotic; could IBM have been the cause of its sole competence: mass-murdering civilians?

Better scholars than I must sift through and appraise Black's mountainous evidence, but clearly the assessment is overdue.

The moral argument turns on one question: How much did IBM New York know about IBM Germany's work, and when?

Black documents a scary game of brinksmanship orchestrated by IBM chief Watson, who walked a fine line between enraging U.S. officials and infuriating Hitler.

He shamefully delayed returning the Nazi medal until forced to--and when he did return it, the Nazis almost kicked IBM and its crucial machines out of Germany.

(Hitler was prone to self-defeating decisions, as demonstrated in How Hitler Could Have Won World War II.)

Black has created a must-read work of history.

But it's also a fascinating business book examining the colliding influences of personality, morality, and cold strategic calculation.

--Tim Appelo

And how the collusion of those in power led to the eradication of people.

And the tracking of people through the Census ultimately assisted a madman.

And led to a tattoo on men, women, and children's arms for a final solution.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3b5f0166f18.jpg[/atsimg]

Never forget those who were led to slaughter by those merciless wolves.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e9747d4f6f34.gif[/atsimg]

For when those in power want to sell safety they are surely taking it away.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/338cc3d8b0fa.jpg[/atsimg]

Preteen on No Fly List

Do not allow this to happen again by complicit behavior, by sheep mentality, by ostriches sticking your heads in the sand, and by not digging for truth.

Destron Fearing

Quote from : Destron Fearing

Destron Fearing is a global leader in innovative animal identification.

With presence in over 40 countries worldwide we seek to provide real world ID solutions to match the ever increasing complexity and opportunities related to animal identification.

Since 1945 we have provided innovative products addressing the needs of livestock producers, companion animal owners, horse owners, wildlife managers and government agencies.

Destron Fearing provides a full complement of radio frequency identification products and software solutions to automate the collection of critical livestock production and carcass information.

Individual and herd information can then be easily transferred between all parties involved in the production and retail of meat products. Information sharing allows the food industry to meet the discriminating demands of the market place.

Are you a sheep, cattle, or lemming and which herd mentality are you following?

Are you a sample or a simpleton and are you being listened to or silenced?

Are we destined to repeat history or forced to repeat history and will it be worse?

[edit on 12-3-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

top topics

join