It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Road to Armageddon: The Insane Drive for American Hegemony Threatens Life on Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
December_Rain:

A standing "O" for you...

Speaking for myself only, I have grown very frustrated with those in America that continue to deny reality, make excuses for the government, or, worse yet, engage in attacking those who have researched this issue and have accepted it for what it is. Why do we not have a prison occupied by those responsible in this atrocity? This is an outrage!

One does not have to be a scientist, a physicist, or an engineer to determine that those towers came down in a controlled demolition. It doesn't matter if it was the commercial airliners, drones, a battery operated airplane by Mattel, or missile built by a five-year-old out of Legos. The buildings were rigged with bombs, period.

That is just one piece of the evidence that should be obvious to even the most dense member of society, yet almost 9 years later, people still argue about it.

What is most disturbing is that there is such a large population of people in the U.S. who choose to shun the eyewitness testimony of their fellow Americans that have witnessed these incidents with their own eyes and ears. How shameful is it to try to discredit your fellow American acting on good faith just for the sake of preserving your own illusions of a "wonderful America?"

If our country goes down, it will largely be due to the deniers who have arrogantly defended their viewpoints either out of fear of having to face the ugly truth or because they are traitors who have sold their souls to the devil to perpetuate these lies for the government.

Either get on board or get out of the way. . . and for God's sake, stop blabbering about how the government is good.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by NightGypsy]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

You desire to show that America is the source of know evil and that Russia and the ChiComms ( who are responsible for over 100 million deaths of thier own citizens) are simply standing up for their rights is insane and pathetic.

To all you America haters...God help you if our desire to fight for freedom around the world ends.

We are the last bastion of freedom. If we quit then there is no where else to go.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The American way of life is like a comfortable sofa into which one sinks, forgetting time and place and responsibility, until at some point awakening occurs for a brief moment and one looks around a room cluttered with trash, oozing with toxins and blighted by neglect; this this moment the choice occurs, "Do I simply go back to an unconscious state while watching the TV, or begin the slow hard work of cleaning up?" and thus most relapse, perpetuating a lifestyle that is both separated from reality and self-enforcing.

America represents technology at its furthest extreme, where money and technological advancement dictate moral "rightness" in the historical vein of religion
this way of life claims to be multicultural, but is in fact monocultural, and promotes a technological existence in which only those who serve the system can afford what they need (medical, food, tech)
it will by nature spread to the rest of the world, as it appeals to the lowest common denominators - convenience, ego, entertainment, gross desire
it is insidious in that it sneaks up on you and suddenly in the next generation, local culture has been replaced with media culture, and all of that media or who they are emulating come from america
further, because this new culture is democratic, all of its actions are assumed to be the work of "the people," and thus it is heresy to criticize them
in this "democracy," those who spend the most on television advertising win; both parties serve the same (financial) interests, and each other, by keeping the "conflict" alive
consequently, this system not only must project outward and devour other nations, but it also can't criticize itself, like a crazy religion
it knows no value system but that of money, like a business
it is a virus which will digest the past and replace it with shopping centers, plastic products, loud meaningless "entertainment" and eventually, landfill and overpopulation.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

The American way of life is like a comfortable sofa into which one sinks, forgetting time and place and responsibility, until at some point awakening occurs for a brief moment and one looks around a room cluttered with trash, oozing with toxins and blighted by neglect; this this moment the choice occurs, "Do I simply go back to an unconscious state while watching the TV, or begin the slow hard work of cleaning up?" and thus most relapse, perpetuating a lifestyle that is both separated from reality and self-enforcing.

Those points are very true. The threat to freedom in this country has never been more real. This is going to require the "couch potatoes" to take an active role. Everyone has to do something. This is not the kind of political issue that can be won by the usual handful of political activists who have acted on behalf of the lazy so many times before.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

To all you America haters...God help you if our desire to fight for freedom around the world ends. We are the last bastion of freedom. If we quit then there is no where else t

Well, this fight would be much less problematic if we would simply incarcerate those who have been responsible for raping our consitution, killing innocent people, and committing treason for the past few decades. If we don't do something about them, their numbers will continue to multiply and we will, indeed, be one of those countries who has killed hundreds of thousands of it's own citizens.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
America is a good country. How dare you suggest that our government would murder our own people or plant bombs under a daycare center. You are sick to think such a thing.Those dirty arabs hate us for our freedom.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Keep America out of your country - one unnatural disaster is enough! It is possible to develop technology under care of your traditional values and leaders without letting technology dictate culture, as has happened in America. People got here first, found ways of making money, and then and only then were able to create a culture which could justify their reckless and unnatural behavior. Fight back and speak up while you still have a chance.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by m khan

America is a good country. How dare you suggest that our government would murder our own people or plant bombs under a daycare center. You are sick to think such a thing.Those dirty arabs hate us for our freedom.

I know, only other governments kill their own citizens. There's no way on earth such evil could infiltrate our leadership. America is immune to those things due to the fact we are encapsulated by an impenetrable protective bubble put in place by our loyal, trustworthy government who works always in our best interest.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Golden fleece, admittedly that first photo dosent look like enough damage to bring the building down, but then you know what they say about American engineering right? Maybe you guys need the Germans to rebuild.

That said, its been claimed aviation fuel burns hot, maybe sheer heat softeed support colums enough for buildings own weight to bring it down, but then you might expect it to fall on that side.
Im not a conspiracy person, but theres plenty of them already. Some people find conspiracys in everything anyway.
I do know two planes hit the twin towers, I saw it myself.
Im not sure Im keen to beleive anyones version of who was responsible,
ive heard so much it all sounds like crap to me.
I think it was unexpected and a major embarressment to the administration at the time that it could happen at all, and they just had to find a scapegoat for crime of such dimensions.
Ofcourse they still have osama 'The face they put on it', but the mindless 'war on terror' that has stolen peoples freedom not just in america but everywhere is now considered justified since that day.
Its an excuse to go on a global vigilanty spree.
Something that political bull# was hampering before.
Well down on downing Saddam, but other targets wont be so easy.
Claims it was done by the american administration to justify war, to justify the occupation of a country with all the oil?
I dont know about that, if Americans really beleive that, id say its high time to take another look at those in power and your system of government.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely they say.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by m khan

You were a little credible until you got to "those dirty arabs"

Where do you get off bashing an entire group of people consisting of mothers and children and young idealistic men with as much right to the planet and it's resources and to live a peaceful life as you?
Where do you get off maligning a culture of people you do not know, have never seen face to face, and probably know absolutely nothing about except what little you see on the television through your haze of beer and cheetos?

Do you even know how toothless you sound right now?

[edit on 28-2-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayaboveitall
I would have assumed from the neat way it fell (tower 7) that it was deliberately downed in a controled implosion for safety reasons after sustaining considerable damage from the north tower. *shrugs*
In anycase, I saw the planes hit and there is no conspiracy.
Diehard movies, eat your heart out.

No offense intended to victims.

First, you didn't even know that three towers fell. Then you come up with this B.S. theory after the 911 commission denied that the third one ever existed. (Didn't know that either, did ya?) And until you know something about construction and have become an engineer, I can tell that you'll be willing to swallow anything anyone tells you that sounds mainstream enough to pass.

By the way, I have beachfront property in Antarctica for only 50 dollars an acre. All you have to do is send some cash to my paypal account and then its all yours.

Please forgive my delivery here, but, I think you need to look into it for yourself. If you come out of it a disbeliever, then more power to you.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Not only are we falling asleep in the midst of a trashed room, we're doing it with a cigarette in one hand and a can of gasoline in the other. It's too late to do anything but find some place to ride out the storm.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The most interesting thing about this whole debate is that while we talk about America as some monolithic entity, the whole enterprise may be falling apart at the seams.

I don't necessarily think a unipolar world is any more or less safe than a multipolar world. The real problem is a lack of transparency on key issues, and the willful ignorance of so many people.

America isn't a bad place. But our government does too many questionable things abroad, where I think it's reasonable to suggest one agency doesn't know what the other is doing.

The alternative, that it is all planned, is much more frightening.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I would have assumed from the neat way it fell (tower 7) that it was deliberately downed in a controled implosion for safety reasons after sustaining considerable damage from the north tower. *shrugs*
In anycase, I saw the planes hit and there is no conspiracy.
Diehard movies, eat your heart out.

No offense intended to victims.

Interesting take. You trust your eyes and instincts as to the planes alone being enough to take down the two main towers. Yet, you distrust your instincts on Tower 7. Consider that a controlled implosion would have had to been planned in advance as well as the placement of explosive charges to do so.

I've considered from the outset that there were many needs fulfilled by a planned demolition. Insurance payouts, a call to war, economic stimulation and many others that we've all heard of. Here's a quote from an article that discusses one of the more subtle and perhaps more plausible (if anything is plausible) scenarios.

The "arguably sufficient reason" was provided by the impacts and the subsequent structural damage and fire. According to this scenario, then, the purpose of the impacts was not themselves to destroy the Twin Towers but rather to provide the "justification" for detonating the explosives which brought them down in a controlled demolition.

Yes, the taking of life for profit and power. This is not new to our world. It makes this scenario plausible but no more palatable.

Here's the entire article:

Did the Twin Towers Collapse on Demand?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

While I agree with you and I am american by birth, what can american citizens do to slap some sense in the ones that are both asleep AND "in power" to stem this tide of cluster duckery that is apparent, the world over? That question is for americans to think and more importantly ACT(positively) to resolve.

I've questioned anything that didn't add up to me, personally since a child, and @ the moment I've shaken my head so much at past history I've been delving into and the current issues I've been seeing, my head may pop off.

There's much I'd like to go into detail on, but blackberry typing is slow....

[edit on 1-3-2010 by ahmonrarh]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Golden fleece, admittedly that first photo dosent look like enough damage to bring the building down, but then you know what they say about American engineering right? Maybe you guys need the Germans to rebuild.

There was nothing wrong with the design, engineering or construction of WTC 7. It's steel frame was extremely strong, as it housed numerous government offices and was intended for use as a NYC emergency command bunker. No steel-framed high-rise building before or after 9/11 has ever collapsed due to fire.

That said, its been claimed aviation fuel burns hot, maybe sheer heat softeed support colums enough for buildings own weight to bring it down, but then you might expect it to fall on that side.

Interesting theory. Just one problem -- there was no burning aviation fuel, as WTC 7 wasn't impacted by any planes! For WTC 7 to have collapsed the way it did, all of it's support columns would've had to fail within milliseconds of each other.

The most recent example of a spectacular skyscraper fire was the burning of the Hotel Mandarin Oriental starting on February 9, 2009. Despite the fact that the fire raged across all of the floors for a period of time and burned out of control for hours, no large portion of the structure collapsed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67c3b8440d3d.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 3/1/2010 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I don't know how many times I have to say it. But, there will never be a nuclear war. The chance of world war 3 ever happening is very slim to none. Because they know that if a single nuke goes off, they all do. It's annilation. There are no winner, there are no losers, everyone would be dead. So all this world war 3 talk is just talk. It'll never ever happen.

9/11 on the other hand, is definitely a government conspiracy. Bin laden was the scapegoat. This new guy Shiek, is the new scapegoat seeing as the last one failed. How the american people are so uneducated about this, I will never know. It's pretty freakin obvious to me. Building 7...... Makes no sense. Pentagon..... Makes no sense..... Almost free fall speed.....Makes no sense...... The president of the united states refusing to go under oath...... Makes no sense. The lack of evidence of a plane actually hitting the pentagon......Makes no sense. All the people dying for talking, or knowing something about 9/11......Makes no sense. The fact the buildings collapsed from a plane hitting them at the top, falling straight downwards instead of toppling over sideways..... Makes no sense.

I do not, and will never understand 9/11 skeptics. It is so freakin obvious. Wake up. Look around. The media is not god. But apparently in america it is. In god we trust.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

You desire to show that America is the source of know evil and that Russia and the ChiComms ( who are responsible for over 100 million deaths of thier own citizens) are simply standing up for their rights is insane and pathetic.

Are you trying to imply that that the 305 million and counting population of USA are ruling the country? Sorry to say but it can't be any further from truth. It's the people who make a country and not the corrupt elites who are atm. controlling it. not just of USA but many countries around the globe.

To all you America haters...God help you if our desire to fight for freedom around the world ends. We are the last bastion of freedom. If we quit then there is no where else to go.

Wait a minute "bastion of freedom"...r u kidding me? Tell me you are not repeating that Bush slogan here.

Tell about your freedom to the 1 million Iraqi who died, tell about the freedom to the thousands of soldiers who are maimed and crippled and after you do that go and tell about this freedom to the tax payers whose money is being pocketed by corrupt officials, last but not least tell about this freedom to millions of people allover the globe who have been affected by this.

The enduring American symbolic identity—as a bastion of freedom and opportunity is mostly justified when one considers the relative success of the Civil Rights or Feminist movements of the 20th Century. American democracy, fueled by an active populace despite its numerous imperfections used to be gold standard around the world. Don't fool yourself any longer just go out of your home and boundary and look for yourself.

The current social and political events are clear indications of America’s social and political maturity, motivation and readiness to develop and maintain a true democratic system of government; but this democratic effort has been effectively stifled by the ruling elite. United States of America’s parliamentary governing system has been masquerading itself as a washed-up democracy long enough.

Currently, regardless of who is the President and CEO of the USA at the conclusion of any selection show, the fact remains that the country's two political parties, Democrats and Republicans may exhibit some trivial differences between them but in reality Democrats and Republicans are the two wings of the same brutal predatory bird. The ruling party work for those who paid for his multibillion-dollar election. Not the public. A living proof is the recent Supreme Court ruling which allows any private Organisation to fund the elections.

The only force capable of bringing safety and sanity to our lives to establish the rule of reason and common sense to our society and government, is the constant re-examination and improvement of our understandings, cultures, traditions and behaviors. This grave task will take more than just political rhetoric, wishing or passive suggestions. America is yet to truly reach its potential and utilize what has been invested in its society. The current American government and social infrastructure does not support nor encourage what could make America a bastion of peace, harmony and freedom. It is upon us, the people not only of USA but allover the globe, to recognize the vast, enormous and wonderful possibilities that we can acknowledge, utilize and encourage within the walls of of Peace and Freedom.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Star and flag for you my friend.

Your information and your intelligent repose merits recognition.

As an American, I was once proud of my conditioned heritage. It was when I researched and discovered the truth of it all that my world fell down around me, and couldn't fathom the betrayal of trust it took for me to believe in the America THEY told me existed, vs. the AMERICA as it was planned on being since before it's creation, by those who had an agenda who cared less of an America and more for GODHEAD...

I am still a proud American, however I am devestated by what I see the organization that represents itself as the American Government doing against the American people... and in doing so, to the rest of Humanity.

But it seems that the American people have been kept in the dark about one simple yet RELEVANT fact... and it's this fact alone that has enabled the War Powers act to continue, with the American People being named as the enemy of said AMERICAN government.

I DECLARE THAT THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT IS NOT IN FACT AMERICAN, NOR PRACTICES THE PRINCIPLES OF AMERICA, BUT INSTEAD IS AN ENTITY THAT CHOOSES TO INCORPORATE ITSELF AS THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA - SEPARATE FROM THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA - AND IT ITSELF HAS CONQUERED THE AMERICAN PEOPLES THROUGH ITS PRE PLANNED ORDER GOVERNED BY NONE OTHER THAN THE VATICAN, UNDER THE DEFENDER OF THE FAITH, THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND.

America - what proof do I have of this you ask?

1: there are three micro governments that are incorporated as individual countries that are no larger than the size of a city, that exist on this planet. One is Vatican City. Another is London, and the last is the District of Columbia. Do the Research - google it.

2: the Constitution of the United States has been set aside - since 1933 - under the initiation of the War Powers Act. That law has in turn placed a yellow fringe around the American Flag - and has initiated Admiralty Law upon the proper of American soil.

(the fact that this clause was built into the Constitution PROVES without a shadow of a doubt that the FREE MASONS who built the Constitution were conspiring to have what's being accomplished today by the country they created happen.)

3: President Clinton himself, when addressing congress during his final days in office, went on record as stating that "America has no constitution governing it, and it's by the graces of those that have been put into office that Americans enjoy the freedoms they still have today. It's the charity and good will of honest men that have carried the American Peoples through to today".

FREE MASONS - a world wide organization - are who are responsible for the things happening in this thread - NOT AMERICANS!

If you are a Free Mason, it's YOU who are doing this.... AND YOU KNOW IT!

If you are a Free Mason and you don't believe what I've just said... THEN MAN UP AND STOP YOUR FELLOW BRETHEREN FROM DOING WHAT THEY ARE DOING!

"oh... whaaa.. prove it, youre a liar, you're off your rocker, you're disillusional, how dare you...."

I JUST PULLED YOUR COVERS PUBLICLY, AND HAVE DONE SO WITH GOODNESS OF INTENTION IN MY HEART, CLARITY OF MIND, AND INTELLIGENCE AS MY GUIDE...

I invite you to stop your agendas, before they turn around and stop you themselves.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Yes, I just noticed the discrepancy of the original dollar amount, and yes, it is off by a lot. I am sorry, my fault on that one, yes it is a trillion at least the video accompanies the text. I am working on trying to get that catastrophic typo fixed at the moment. Sorry for the mistake, and thanks for bringing the correction to light.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join