It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Earthquake just hit Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I’m in Afghanistan and we just had a earth quake it shook me out of my bed and made me run for the door. Will update when I know more. Magnitude 5.7

[edit on 27-2-2010 by usmc0369]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Magnitude 5.7 - HINDU KUSH REGION, AFGHANISTAN
2010 February 27 23:21:13 UTC
earthquake.usgs.gov...

[edit on 27-2-2010 by TSawyer]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
5.7 prelim afganistan for sure.I just thought of something. They downgraded all earthquakes 1.0 That's one full point in 2006. That means by the old standard chile's recent was 9.8.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Here is the latest info I found on the USGS site...

USGS Afghanistan 5.7 quake

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
May God continue to preserve you, sir.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kennit

Thanks for the info, All I know is it felt big, and I ran for the door way. We dont have alot of Earthquakes in Iowa.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
mod edit, post removed

Agreed...people like you should be the first in line.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on Sat Feb 27 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

link   
Sorry there was a quake, glad your okay, but you didn't have to post this. Like others, I understand the earthquake paranoia, but quakes happen in many places every day.. Tectonic plates move, research them please.

The Protector

link   
I've never seen so many earthquakes pop up all over the place. We're going to have to keep our eyes peeled on the USGS website and ATS. I wonder who's next?

I'm going to guess the State of Washington is next. She's due. Maybe 4+ Magnitude. This is all a chance guess.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Quick................go to your undeground bunker now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2012 is coming two years early!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess there is no coincidence that the world is extremely on edge right now due to earthquakes in Haiti and now Chile. Planet Earth is angry.......and she has every right to be. In fact I hope a HUGE MIND BLOWING 10 rocks Afghanistan............so all you idiot (US military and Taliban) human beings fighting each other might be able to step back and realize we are all here on earth for the same damn reason and that reason is bigger than oil......allah......democracy.......and any other lame pathetic excuse for war. Mother nature.............BRING IT BABY! The human race needs a good whippin right now!

Who said he was fighting? He could be there for business or many other reason. Quit the assumptions.

Where did the other person here that everything is downgraded a full point?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
WOW, Dude maybe if you don’t have nothing nice to say don’t say it at all. I’m not even going to lower myself to your level. reply to post by Zosynspiracy

WOW, Dude maybe if you don’t have nothing nice to say don’t say it at all. I’m not even going to lower myself to your level.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by The Protector

May G_D protect all of our troops over there.
ps
I new you would be over here trying to kill this thread.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
seriously people what if this was the precursor to the end of the world and your all bitchin about stupid stuff. didnt biggie have a song" why cant we all just get along" lol

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0369

I had to Star and Flag you.
It seems that the Sore os hit squads are out in full force.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
5.7 prelim afganistan for sure.I just thought of something. They downgraded all earthquakes 1.0 That's one full point in 2006. That means by the old standard chile's recent was 9.8.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by randyvs]

Can you link to where you got that info?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Thanks for the Flag. Leaving one thing I know filling a earth quake shake you out of bed, makes even a 5.0 fill big, but I guess it is easy to say it is not big when you’re on the other side of the world and did not fill it.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
I've never seen so many earthquakes pop up all over the place. We're going to have to keep our eyes peeled on the USGS website and ATS. I wonder who's next?

I'm going to guess the State of Washington is next. She's due. Maybe 4+ Magnitude. This is all a chance guess.

How about Antarctica.

"... earthquakes are rare, but sometimes large."

en.wikinews.org...

[edit on 27-2-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

You know, wishing for thousands of human deaths seems like the antithesis of peace - at least to me. You sure it's PEACE that you're after?

[edit on 27/2/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join