It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Earthquake just hit Afghanistan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Thousands of human deaths at the hands of mother nature..........is called a piece of humble pie...........Human beings need a slice........it's long over due. With all our arrogance, technology, mistreatment of the environment if it takes thousdands or millions of deaths to humble us as a species and make us realize there are still things out of our control.....so be it. In the end technology will not save us........aliens from outer space will not save us..........all we have in life is this Earth and each other. We will either live on or die off. Whichever comes first the sooner the better in my opinion get busy livin or get busy dying. We've made terrible progress over the last 100 years.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

We've made terrible progress over the last 100 years.

Technology has improved substantially.

I'm not sure much else has changed.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Protector
Sorry there was a quake, glad your okay, but you didn't have to post this. Like others, I understand the earthquake paranoia, but quakes happen in many places every day.. Tectonic plates move, research them please.

The Protector

WTH?

The op is writing about the earthquake he went through on the opposite side of the world that he comes from.
He's writing it on the ATS during a time when there's a ton of quakes taking place
Why are you saying "you didn't have to post this"?
He made a choice to post it.
It's an exciting or at least a thought provoking event for him. Why so condescending?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Holy crap! Earthquakes all over!

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Sat Feb 27 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Let's get back on topic...

OP, any new info about this?

And I'm right there with you as far as being freaked...if I was in a quake i wouldnt know what to do

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
To be honest Im just preparing for the worst and hoping for the best!

This could be the begining of the end of life on earth for a few million years...

Earth does need cleansing, look at what we are doing to it...

It deserves better than a destructive and incompetent race of intelligent mammals destroying and consuming anything we desire!

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Freq Of Nature]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

..........all we have in life is this Earth and each other.

I think you're missing something here... compassion. What's the use in having life on this earth and each other if we've forgotten about compassion for each other? Please show some to OP.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'm glad you're ok. Man an earthquake would freak me out!
Stay safe friend.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Those who seek compassion need to make sure they deserve it first. Compassion, love, respect, honor, etc. are conditional. Those who think otherwise live in their own warped utopia.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Thousands of human deaths at the hands of mother nature..........is called a piece of humble pie...........Human beings need a slice........it's long over due. With all our arrogance, technology, mistreatment of the environment if it takes thousdands or millions of deaths to humble us as a species and make us realize there are still things out of our control.....so be it. In the end technology will not save us........aliens from outer space will not save us..........all we have in life is this Earth and each other. We will either live on or die off. Whichever comes first the sooner the better in my opinion get busy livin or get busy dying. We've made terrible progress over the last 100 years.

this may come back and bite you (can you say "karma") when the "big one" hits your area... hope you remember your words, then.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Eh, a little disaster brings people closer together.

Maybe a global disaster would bring the world together.

But hey, the rest of the animal kingdom shouldn't have to suffer.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Protector
Sorry there was a quake, glad your okay, but you didn't have to post this. Like others, I understand the earthquake paranoia, but quakes happen in many places every day.. Tectonic plates move, research them please.

The Protector

HEY Sunshine, the guy wanted to share, he's involved. I appreciate his input.
I have people over there.
How about reading YOUR signature(s) like I just did and actually internalize them, or are they just for show.
GEEZ LOUISE

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Those who seek compassion need to make sure they deserve it first. Compassion, love, respect, honor, etc. are conditional. Those who think otherwise live in their own warped utopia.

Two of your offtopic posts have already been removed, Zosynspiracy, why are you writing about virtues to Iamonlyhuman? You do not understand them based on your posts in this thread, and you have none of them if these posts are indicative of your personality.
Why do you have such a thing against the OP?

[edit on 27-2-2010 by dragonsmusic]

[edit on 27-2-2010 by dragonsmusic]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0369
I’m in Afghanistan and we just had a earth quake it shook me out of my bed and made me run for the door.

That would have scared the crap out of me. Glad you're ok.

Hopefully the Earth is finished having it's stretch and will settle down soon...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Why do you have such a thing against the OP?

Because the OP is obviously a Marine in Afghanistan. The small minded fool (zyo-blah-blah whatever his name is) feels the need to interject his anti-war propaganda any chance he can get.
We got snowed on in Iraq. That was the extent of weird weather while I was there.

To the OP. Stay safe and Semper Fi from a brother Marine.

-Nate

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Acid_Burn2009]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I had a thread about Earthquake's happenning all over the world just before the Chile Earthquake including a 4.8 in Russia and 4.6 in China. I was convinced after fellow members provided me with more info that it is normal for earthquakes to happen every day. But again I'm wondering what's going on?

It was a 5.8 by the way.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Check that out and the thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Haven't you gotten a few? We even get pictures rattle if it's a 3 here in middle TN. I've seen some close to TX the last couple of years.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Earthquakes just keep happening all over the place. OP, I'm glad all it did was shake you guys up a little and nothing more serious. Did it cross your mind that it might be a bomb at all? Just sayin......
Watch your back over there. My brother is heading that way soon to join you all. Hope you all come home safely....

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
Earthquakes just keep happening all over the place. OP, I'm glad all it did was shake you guys up a little and nothing more serious. Did it cross your mind that it might be a bomb at all? Just sayin......
Watch your back over there. My brother is heading that way soon to join you all. Hope you all come home safely....

Being reported as an Earthquake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join