It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Earthquake just hit Afghanistan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

So true. Imagine the shaking that would go on raising the Himalayas - or of course the Hindu Kush.

Estimates for some ranges go as high as 60,000 ft. Some shaker creating that!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Thank you, OP, for posting this thread. I much prefer to hear this kind of news from an actual person.

This is a good opportunity for all of us around the world, to make some basic preparations.

Pack a backpack or other such bag with a change of clothes and the basics, in case you have to leave your home in a hurry. Also called a grab-n-go on the survival forum of ATS. It should have insurance policies, birth certificates, etc. Mine also includes a copy of my eye glasses prescription.

Make sure you know how to turn off the gas to your building, and maybe even your neighbor's building. During an earthquake, gas lines can break underground and if one building explodes, it could really be bad for everyone nearby.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by anubis9311

You used the term "no choice" twice. This is silly. Everyone knows better, I don't even have to elaborate. Not that YOU are silly, just a concept that you've sadly been taught.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

"Who said he was fighting? He could be there for business or many other reason. Quit the assumptions. "

USMC..I'm pretty sure I know what business they are in! I do think its relavant that there was an earthquake there ...they are common in Chile and Japan..but all of them in a 24 hr period ..I think its relevant!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
"http://i48.tinypic.com/eqddv.jpg" border="0" alt="Image and video hosting by TinyPic">

[edit on 28-2-2010 by Reclaimyourmind420]

what if the gov/elites caused the earthquakes to flush out underground strongholds of opposition to nwo or something, and then claim on news/media that they're escaped prisoners and round them up?

[edit on 28-2-2010 by Reclaimyourmind420]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 911stinks

"

posted on 28-2-2010 @ 07:53 AM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Look ATS. We are big people here. We can handle reading even offensive posts.

Why don't you mods relax a little, and let the rest of us read others opinions?

We don't need you screening every word for us. The amount of speech control on this site is borderline Big Brother. "

I totatly disagree,,if you cant keep your responses relavant and reasonably civil you need to be censored and or move on to another site.

USMC3038: I was with the KPD in 2004-2005 (Kabul Palace) and woke up to the first earthquake that I had ever experienced, I've been in Iraq two years and no earhtquakes here that I know about. I'm concerned about the continous chain of earthquakes because my brother (a Marine) is at Mera Mar.. and I'm worried about the San Andreas fault line getting active... Odd, Iam in the Anbar the USMC (MNF-W) old stomping grounds!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Kinda reminds me of that one Tool song "AEnima". Talking about all kinds devastation and destruction, and just saying "F*** it. Let it happen."

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

@First poster : Sure that wasn't a big bomb?

@ Second Poster : Of course they did, they tweak and change the rules all the time. Something bad today is good tommorrow, that's how they work. It's all about trying to keep control and deflate really bad events lessen them, and trying to hide a probably large and growing problem.

Imagine what would happen if on top of their Global Warning BS, they also throw in the fact that we now have Earthquakes stronger than anything in recorded history...

[edit on 3/1/2010 by Brainiac]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
No no the Earth isn't going to split in half, we downgraded that to just a chunk of it breaking off into space...

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I was in Bagram when this earthquake hit. I woke up and seen everything in my room moving. I thought it was a dream until I heard other people talking about it the next day. There are a lot of earthquakes in Afghanistan. It seems like every few months we get them.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join