It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Dakota Passes Resolution Telling Schools to Teach 'Astrological' Theories of Global Warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I thought this was imnteresting..

South Dakota Passes Resolution Telling Schools to Teach 'Astrological' Theories of Global Warming

....that the South Dakota Legislature urges that instruction in the public schools relating to global warming include the following:..... (2) That there are a variety of climatological, meteorological, astrological, thermological, cosmological, and ecological dynamics that can effect [sic] world weather phenomena.....

Kinda makes you wonder about if it's a typo, or if they're occultists...

Another source here:

From evolution to global warming?

I hope this hasn't already been poseted.

[edit on 2/26/2010 by nasdack24k]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

I am also a tad curious about "thermological." I must be ignorant as that seems to not even be a real word.

I cannot wait to see the textbooks. I am a Taurus so I wonder how that effects the climate?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I need to stop being such a deletist
there are several articals that were released in the last few weeks that proved that global warming was a hoax
Wish I had saved some of them to post here

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Doesn't that prove that Global warming is fake? I did a report that stated that global warming is made from eruptions and solar activity

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I checked the SD home page. The bill does indeed say "astrological." Wherever one stands on the AGW debate, I'm sure we can all agree that the SD legislature is overdue for a large turnover.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Obviously this has some merit, consider this; Mars (named for the bringer of war) is directly overhead of North America for the first few hours of the sun disappearing. There has been at least two major earthquakes in the western hemisphere, wild snowstorms and abnormal heat waves in the northern hemisphere. Do you think this is just a coincidence?

Obviously, the 'red' planets position in the night sky in relation to our location on our planet is having a profound impact of our local climate and seismology! I predict it will drastically warm up in North America over the next month; 20, 30, in some cases 40 degrees warmer than it was a mere month ago! disappearance of Jupiter in the night sky will herald this change, mark my words!

Alright, now, really? A course in Astronomy 101 combined with a mild interest in local weather patterns and I can make predictions with the best of them. I can only assume that the writer of the bill intended to say 'astronomical', which would be just as comical thinking that Sirius A or Betelgeuse have some effect on our tiny planet.

These are the lengths that climate change deniers are willing to go to, completely ignoring scientific evidence or pointing to a single inconsistency and claiming everything else must be false.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I see it in several different ways:

A: Either completely ignorant
B: Trying to make a point by over exaggerating and marginalizing by including such a term
C: Using a VERY old dictionary as per this entry

Main Entry: as·trol·o·gy
Pronunciation: \ə-ˈsträ-lə-jē\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English astrologie, from Middle French, from Latin astrologia, from Greek, from astr- + -logia -logy
Date: 14th century

1 archaic : astronomy

I am gearing towards an inclusion of all three aspects.

top topics

join