It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weaponizing Mozart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Britain sure is pushing the Big Brother thing to the extremes these days, what with CCTV on every corner and remote control drones fighting crime. Now it seems they have added classical music to their arsenal of social control, creating a new generation which has no appreciation for the finer arts.

Weaponizing Mozart
How Britain is using classical music as a form of social control

In recent years Britain has become the Willy Wonka of social control, churning out increasingly creepy, bizarre, and fantastic methods for policing the populace. But our weaponization of classical music—where Mozart, Beethoven, and other greats have been turned into tools of state repression—marks a new low.

We’re already the kings of CCTV. An estimated 20 per cent of the world’s CCTV cameras are in the UK, a remarkable achievement for an island that occupies only 0.2 per cent of the world’s inhabitable landmass.

A few years ago some local authorities introduced the Mosquito, a gadget that emits a noise that sounds like a faint buzz to people over the age of 20 but which is so high-pitched, so piercing, and so unbearable to the delicate ear drums of anyone under 20 that they cannot remain in earshot. It’s designed to drive away unruly youth from public spaces, yet is so brutally indiscriminate that it also drives away good kids, terrifies toddlers, and wakes sleeping babes.

Police in the West of England recently started using super-bright halogen lights to temporarily blind misbehaving youngsters. From helicopters, the cops beam the spotlights at youths drinking or loitering in parks, in the hope that they will become so bamboozled that (when they recover their eyesight) they will stagger home.

And recently police in Liverpool boasted about making Britain’s first-ever arrest by unmanned flying drone. Inspired, it seems, by Britain and America’s robot planes in Afghanistan, the Liverpool cops used a remote-control helicopter fitted with CCTV (of course) to catch a car thief.

Britain might not make steel anymore, or cars, or pop music worth listening to, but, boy, are we world-beaters when it comes to tyranny. And now classical music, which was once taught to young people as a way of elevating their minds and tingling their souls, is being mined for its potential as a deterrent against bad behavior.

In January it was revealed that West Park School, in Derby in the midlands of England, was “subjecting” (its words) badly behaved children to Mozart and others. In “special detentions,” the children are forced to endure two hours of classical music both as a relaxant (the headmaster claims it calms them down) and as a deterrent against future bad behavior (apparently the number of disruptive pupils has fallen by 60 per cent since the detentions were introduced.)

One news report says some of the children who have endured this Mozart authoritarianism now find classical music unbearable. As one critical commentator said, they will probably “go into adulthood associating great music—the most bewitchingly lovely sounds on Earth—with a punitive slap on the chops.” This is what passes for education in Britain today: teaching kids to think “Danger!” whenever they hear Mozart’s Requiem or some other piece of musical genius.

Read more: Reason

Well isn't that great, they're not only conditioning kids to hate classical music, they're teaching them that good, high quality music intended to lift one's spirits mentally and emotionally is something to be feared.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well,wait until they start playing pieces by Richard Wagner.

Adolf Hitler was an admirer of Wagner's music and saw in his operas an embodiment of his own vision of the German nation. There continues to be debate about the extent to which Wagner's views might have influenced Nazi thinking.

Richard Wagner

Then start worrying.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Mozart the Freemason secret:

Mozart was member of the Asiatic Brethen
The Gematria he used for coding is:
A=1, B=2, C=3, I=J=9, U=V=20, Z=24

129 = zauberfloete (gematria)
129 = 24+1+20+2+5+17+6+11+14+5+19+5

See page 137 on:

books.google.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawk123
Mozart the Freemason secret:

Mozart was member of the Asiatic Brethen
The Gematria he used for coding is:
A=1, B=2, C=3, I=J=9, U=V=20, Z=24

129 = zauberfloete (gematria)
129 = 24+1+20+2+5+17+6+11+14+5+19+5

See page 137 on:

books.google.com...

Sounds intriguing.

A little more background on the Asiatic Brethen, Gematica and the relevance of those numbers might help.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Masonic ideas in the opera
simple.wikipedia.org...
papagena = 75
papageno = 88

tamino = 66 (man)
pamina = 49

and:

www.prx.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Wow you read some of these threads and you would think the UK was some dystopian nightmare policed with Orwellian social enforcement.

Far, far from it.

Funny aside to the OP. Did you know the Police got a knock on the door from the CAA and were told they were flying that drone illegally. They have had to suspend all flights since the first two days of use and the drone now sits in a cold room wasting away grounded.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

Cool stuff.

Seems like you can't go anywhere without seeing some masonic symbols.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Related Thread:The Mozart Effect.

According to that thread, its a positive effect though, not a negative one. Of Course, forcing it on people is another story.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
OOO classical music playing everywere that sounds awesome.

I personally cant get enough of it. I hope the U.S. adopts this program. Now all we need is a world full of musicians...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Related Thread:The Mozart Effect.

According to that thread, its a positive effect though, not a negative one. Of Course, forcing it on people is another story.

It's a shame that something that can do so much good is being used in this way, causing the children to have a life-long aversion to something that could have enriched their lives.

Originally posted by Wertdagf
OOO classical music playing everywere that sounds awesome.

I personally cant get enough of it. I hope the U.S. adopts this program. Now all we need is a world full of musicians...

I'll have to say, I think this is the first time I've ever agreed with one of your posts.

Thank you for your contribution Wertdagf

reply to post by The Teller

Thanks for straitening that out for us. I hear most of my news of the UK from ATS, probably NOT the most balanced source. Heck, from what you read of the us from here you may have gotten the same impression about the US.

I'm glad to hear they shut that drone down. That thing sounds SCARY!

[edit on 26/2/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Rings a bell.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I know my plants grow faster and bloom more when I play W.A. Mozart's instrumental works to them --that is during the time when I'm actually home to see that it is done- they seem to like the Klavier Concerti and the later Sinfonias as well as the Klavier Sonatas (and all those hyper energetic Sonatas for Klavier und Violin) for whatever reason.

They just grow straighter and faster and greener and higher. Don't know why, unless there's fractals and other math going on 'musically' in Mozart's oeuvre that is 'subconciously abosorbed' in whatever way.

All I know is that Mozart's music has a purity of elan that has never been matched exactly since his tragically early death, just a tad under 36 years of age on 5 December 1791.

When I was away from home on business last year and my old room-mate did not play Mozart to them like I did (he only watered them) when I came back they all looked decidedly wilty i.e. 3 weeks later - but as soon as the Mozart Effect took place again within less than a week they all started growing healthy again.

I think maybe I got them hooked on Wolfgang like a drug or something.

Mozart-Addicted Plants.

I played the entire rousing 2nd Act of Don Giovanni the other day, and none of them seem any worse for wear either (I was a little afraid of some of D: Anna's Coloratura in the penultimate Scena, and she sounded downright hysterical to me at times, but she managed to stay in tune, and the plants didn't seem to mind a bit).

I noticed a couple of my upstairs Neighbours started whistling some of the easier tunes from Die Zauberfloete late last Summer, which suggests that some of my recordings have begun to 'sink into their minds' as well although one of them did tell me that played the Mozart Requiem Fragment a little too often.

Can't help it, though, that Hostias et Qual Olim knocks my soul into the stratosphere...every time.

Also, I've been noticing a lot of stray animals come tend to around when I am playing Mozart CD's and they all seemt to lay down under my window to drink in the sound as it were - stray cats seem to like Cosi fan Tutte better than the dogs - but even dogs calm right down as soon as the music starts--and once three animals all lay down together when I played the trio : Suave sia il vento.

I imagine if plants and animals easily fall under the spell of a Mozart, why not hardened Felons?

Maybe someone should do a 3 year study of playing Mozart for 12 hours a day in the Los Angeles County Jails - but probably better off playing the Sinfonias rather than say some of the deeper material, such as La Clemenza di Tito, that some people have told me is a little over-dramatic at least to the un-trained ear, but there you are...the strays don't seem to mind Tito on bit !

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus
Maybe someone should do a 3 year study of playing Mozart for 12 hours a day in the Los Angeles County Jails - but probably better off playing the Sinfonias rather than say some of the deeper material, such as La Clemenza di Tito, that some people have told me is a little over-dramatic at least to the un-trained ear, but there you are...the strays don't seem to mind Tito on bit !

I'm sure if they tried some luddite would file a suit through the ACLU and have it stopped.

Some folks just can't tolerate good culture anymore.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by hawk123

Cool stuff.

Seems like you can't go anywhere without seeing some masonic symbols.

Mozart is masonic stuff. There is Hebrew, Greek and English gematria but
also German Gematria. This is translating a name in a number.
The German Gematria translates:
1 a
2 b
3 c
4 d
5 e
6 f
7 g
8 h
9 i,j
10 k
11 l
12 m
13 n
14 o
15 p
16 q
17 r
18 s
19 t
20 u,v
21 w
22 x
23 y
24 z

BACH used the same encoding. BACH explained:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Bach 's word CREDO = 43 (Trinity of CREDO = 3 x 43 = 129)
This is the same as Mozarts word "zauberfloete" = 129

Mozart and Bach have a Rosicrucian connection.
www.upto11.net...

1378 is the birth year of Christian RosenKreutz.

As you can see, this is related again to King Solomon

The birthyear of Christian RosenKreutz was encoded in Mozarts music.
More books on Mozart and Rosicrucian background:
books.google.com...
www.freemasonry.bcy.ca...
www.johannes-puchleitner.com...

Mozart and Freemasonry:
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 27-2-2010 by hawk123]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I also noticed that there are definite groups of 18-notes in Die Zauberfloete (Mozart seemed to have been being inducted into the so-called 'Rosicrucian' 18th Degree at the time of his death - the Opera may have been part of his Masonic Examination or Homage/celebration for having progressed to the 18th. Maybe his Masonic Ode, Eine Kleine FreiMaurer Kantate (patched together from a series of un-used musical numbers and thematic scraps from pieces written but in the end never used in Die Zauberfloete and La Clemenza di Tito).

Maybe that's why my plants and all those strays seem to like Die Zauberfloete so much (now I have Masonic Mozart-Addicted Plants and animals..)

M. also told his wife Constanza that he was forming his own Masonic Lodge (planned for March 1792, a date which he never saw) which was to be called 'Die Grotte' ('the Grotto') for Freemasoni musicians & singers living in German-speaking lands.

But then the jealous husband of Magdalena Hofdemel (a klavier pupil) showed up at that Masonic Meeting on Nov 20th 1791 - and M. went home with a high fever.

The weather had apparently changed abruptly the day before with a strong wind from the south and there was an outbreak in Vienna of a particularly virulent streptococcal bacteria and also some rounds of influenza and typhus that month. M. had recurring Rheumatic fever, so any streptococcal infection at all would have caused rheumatic symptoms (high fever, aches in joints and edema) along with renal (kidney) failure.

15 days later M. was dead.

Thank the gods for CD's and the fact that his widow (and that Danish Diplomat Herr Nissen, her 2nd husband) took such pains to preserve his oeuvre for posterity !

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Although the head of the article shows only Mozart, also Vivaldi is involved.

Tyne and Wear in the north of England was one of the first parts of the UK to weaponize classical music. In the early 2000s, the local railway company decided to do something about the “problem” of “youths hanging around” its train stations. The young people were “not getting up to criminal activities,” admitted Tyne and Wear Metro, but they were “swearing, smoking at stations and harassing passengers.” So the railway company unleashed “blasts of Mozart and Vivaldi.”

www.mirror.co.uk...

Today (March 4) marks the 332nd anniversary of the birth of groundbreaking baroque composer Antonio Vivaldi, a landmark that Google have marked with a Doodle on their homepage.

There is something special on:
"332nd anniversary"
This title gives much more Search engine hits then other numbers.
What is so special on 332?

Vivaldi helped standardize the three-movement concerto form later used by J. S. Bach and others. Vivaldi's brilliant allegros and impassioned slow movements were greatly admired by Bach, who arranged 10 of the solo concertos for other instruments

Now everything comes together.
J. S. Bach: music and occult knowledge

[edit on 4-3-2010 by hawk123]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Finer arts like "classical music" is a dying breed, it simply isn't "cool" to be into classical music nowadays. =/

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

The obscene rap is creating an obscene world.

Why not give classical music a try?

Although I think they should try the Beatles and the Stones, and Meatloaf, and Jimmy Barns and Eric Clapton (ok, not Eric).

And a bit of jazz.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
They have been doing that in train stations around Melbourne in Australia for years now.

It sort of works, but hearing elevator renditions of classic rock is pretty painful to bear every time I want to catch public transport.

top topics

join