It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forgiveness vs revenge

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I'm not a forgiving person.
My rage is a part of who I am.
Lex talionis.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
When you see through the eyes of souls who have been crushed, lives devastated with senseless horror, those cut short from their lives, those who never really lived their lives, those who found time here was a trick and not at all what the galactic travel bureau said it was ....there are some things that can never be forgiven and revenge would never be enough. There is no anger; only desolation of the soul. You take no action toward revenge and forgiveness is not even an option you can feel; you walk away from it and try to comfort those for whom there is no comfort.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Forgiveness is a creator of positive and a destroyer of negative.

Revenge is a destroyer of positive and a creator of negative.

Life's what you make it...'nuff said.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

Indeed, there is a distinction between what could be done away with through anger management, yet there is no way to stop the rage.... unless... silenced.

Some of us even survive the rage.

This helps to remember:

[edit on 27-2-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
When you see through the eyes of souls who have been crushed, lives devastated with senseless horror, those cut short from their lives, those who never really lived their lives, those who found time here was a trick and not at all what the galactic travel bureau said it was ....there are some things that can never be forgiven and revenge would never be enough. There is no anger; only desolation of the soul. You take no action toward revenge and forgiveness is not even an option you can feel; you walk away from it and try to comfort those for whom there is no comfort.
[edit on 26-2-2010 by Alethea]

That's really...deep.

Even those with the most damaged of souls can be healed. The power of the Light know no bounds. Even the most severe Soldiers of the Dark whimper at the unbridled fury of the Light when it manifests in all its glory. The Light is an impenetrable ball of energy that cannot be stopped, it cannot be contained.

The act of comforting another when all are surrounded by Darkness attracts the Light. It is a sign of strength in times where everybody feels weak. That reaching out to help another Fallen Soul is a sign of Forgiveness.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

exactly, when someone is true it is never a question of justifying itself for existing pretense as an awareness freedom upon opportunity of life reality

revenge and forgiveness are both of lies creations justifications giving to awareness life

obviously there is no yet consciousness life, it is all fake of gods means they gave to the exploitation of the source being the truth of always absolute realities life

being true is being aware of itself positive drive like truth is an abstraction knowledge source of absolute to realize it always

there is not yet consciousness life that is why the only word used to describe positive awareness is the word love, when it is not true at all

the awareness of its own positive drives is highest intelligence realisation of that awareness since it is about the truth of being true, it is about the source of all absolute in its abstractions most form because of its superiority intelligence possible

and the awareness of itself reality is an act of source quality move, that assert the only true reality existing when the awareness reach by itself to position its reality clearly out of all reality life

but this is only possible when there is no negative truth that rule awareness of absolute exploitations, when the awareness is not meaning to be true as the abstraction of positive drive itself but mean to exploit drives of absolute rules from outside, then it is another abstraction rules it creates and held that is of course negative truth

true people exist though but more as not meaning being of negative truth so they are not positive in stating their awareness based on pretending anything they realize or natural state of superiority sense by existing, so those awareness know how when others harmed them it means that they must move out totally of any relation with those, to save their own realities always being of positive true means

now the harmed done subjectively is never related to the persons but to themselves lacking the purity of positive drive since it is forced to defend itself and not being free

true people know that thinking about people that harm you as a living is harming itself life reality, anyother living you can deal with through objective realities shares but another that can touch you as a living not only destroy your sense of living realisations which is your true awareness freedom positively in itself objective realities, but worse it kills the justification of yourself base being an existing awareness true

so any living true would never see any profit in stating itself not existing to say a word about another

and that is what proove revenge and forgiveness being same creation of life pretense that has no relation at all with anything true, what explain how a lot of people enjoy living of revenge as much as a lot enjoy living of forgiveness, it creates a lot of acts realities life that a lot of people profit from

but also of course negative truth mean it somewhere, but then as negative true they never mean to be true just to be an awareness that creates itself means through wholeness creations facts intersts life
so the awareness can get angry from loosing assets of pretenses or get a sense of humiliation by being forced as a living pretense to inferior position gains, for those saying that accepting wholeness to overrule so you can expect another income later is better attitude, that is a creation of sense that cannot at all being defended

actually true one can accept better the punishment concept than reward
one, from what effectively there is negative truth ruling awareness life, so awareness have no respect to truth abstractions of absolute least principles existance they use for superiority pretense creations, it is understanble to expect that who mean being up must being put down,
but there is no way in truth that say you may get something

in truth you are and you keep doing what you are objectively, so whatever you get as a sense of what you are positive more clearly you get work more for it and the sense of you as existing is only you and nothing else

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
The Light is an impenetrable ball of energy that cannot be stopped, it cannot be contained.

The light doesn't even penetrate Blacker than Black.

Let's test this theory for those that consider it a theory.

If "Blacker than Black" exist at the time of the Big Bang, then there is something that is still "Blacker than Black" that existed before the Big Bang.

If Light travels at the speed of Light, it stops at Black and doesn't even reach Blacker than Black.

Some know this as a chemical name. I usually suggest they learn how to isolate themselves first before they even try it. Doctors thoughts I was 'nuts' to even suggest such.

Deny Ignorance, and choose to take or partake.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas
The light doesn't even penetrate Blacker than Black.

Let's test this theory for those that consider it a theory.

If "Blacker than Black" exist at the time of the Big Bang, then there is something that is still "Blacker than Black" that existed before the Big Bang.

If Light travels at the speed of Light, it stops at Black and doesn't even reach Blacker than Black.

Some know this as a chemical name. I usually suggest they learn how to isolate themselves first before they even try it. Doctors thoughts I was 'nuts' to even suggest such.

Deny Ignorance, and choose to take or partake.

Perhaps I should have indicated that I was speaking more metaphorically than scientifically in the previous reply.

Scientifically, I guess all comes down to what came first and neither of us can prove which one did. We can speculate, but we cannot prove anything really. It seems the concept of Light vs. Dark is a human description of matter/space, so we can only compare them based on our human abilities.

I do know that if you light a candle in a room that is pitch black, the Darkness will make room for the Light. The Darkness will part from the Light because it cannot dominate or suppress the Light from shining.

[edit on 27/2/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

absolutely, light dies in dark that is a certainty

only creators wills as awareness realisations mean intelligence there as creating forever their assets of negative truth rules

what is light is because of absolute freedom and absolute absence of wills, the environement of truth cannot survive in another one, that is how the whole existance is in negative truth rules

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

your understanding of light is of fire which is the darkness awareness force

as i said truth is used for images distortions and physical difformations as well of absolute life

light as clarity mean exclusively the lightness of freedom intelligence positive moves

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Someone does someone wrong to cause this in the first place.
This is the root of all revenge.

The forgiving only works when the the source of the problem admits and trys to correct said problem..thus solving the problem.

Revenge, or shall we say punishment lesson is best served to one that can not be forgiven effectively as stated above. Revenge, retaliation, or lessons will stop the problem if firm enough. Mostly due to fear of reprise.

Always forgiving, or ignoring the problems is very irresponsible and show weakness from the lack of will for the required confrontation. This will always place the initial wrong doer in a more powerful position.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I heard it said that according to anton levay, two wrongs DO make a right......
the first wrong makes the act slightly less taboo and the second wrong therefore makes it right- i.e. no longer taboo or 'wrong'..........
personally I like the old joke that it takes two wrights to make an airplane.....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Each person is different, you can only forgive the things that you can in your heart. For some that is the small, for others the big, but for each is different. There is no line drawn.
Revenge however, well at the very least that is satisfying. But its a careful line to walk because at what point does your revenge make you the recipient of forgiveness, wanted or not.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Scientifically, I guess all comes down to what came first and neither of us can prove which one did. We can speculate, but we cannot prove anything really. It seems the concept of Light vs. Dark is a human description of matter/space, so we can only compare them based on our human abilities.

Doesn't matter which is first, as what 'matters' is everything "after" the Big Bang!!!

Therefore, to compare 'dark' to matter would mean matter is solid, and that light reflects off of that matter.

If light has never got past the Big Bang to find matter to reflect off of and back to "after" the Big Bang again, then 'dark' is not matter.

The light must go somewhere... or Blacker than Black is all-powerful to even stop light reflection.

Blackholes as matter are detectable if light reflects or refracts from them in any way back to "after" the Big Bang, so this is beyond blackholes and likely means the Big Bang was no blackhole.

This is vengeance. I never forgive.

Some still think 'Voyager' was a nifty toy science experiment.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

First there is vengeance then there is revenge. Forgiveness doesn't matter when there is no matter to forgive.

We enshrine forgiveness.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Many have found and certainly some of you, that many the best life correcting lessions we have ever had have come at the hands of those that we have wronged and have come back to set us strait. We tend to respect folks that wont take our crap.

We have all heard the old saying "he or she finaly ran into the wrong person". Or "I forgive you but this is gona hurt".

You may forgive but you do no one anygood as a door mat save to be wiped with mud.

"forgiveness" is not part of some victimization and martyrdom philosophy.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SLaPPiE

very true, who is free as aware win and when the free aware is making another talking about him while staying free out, his existing base assets of its free conscious self out gain a living breath that assert that existing awareness freedom as absolutely right, he can move as he wants and the sense of pleasure from living sense is huge

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
the sense of living is huge because it is the evil living sense of being above truth as conscious life certainty

they know doing wrong to any truth reference and they gain the acceptance passivity of who are harmed from as the legitimacy of truth that they are above it

noone cares for those facts thank you slappie for caring like i do, those things actuality concern everyone and never anyone or someone or one

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
it is my belief that everyone is self interested in that everyone wants to be happy...

generally speaking, to be happy we need to be healthy, and to be healthy we need a healthy environment in which to live, therefore it is in everyone's self interest to have a healthy environment...

so, imagine if you will, that you are in a healthy environment, yet you are surrounded by miserable, unhealthy people - are you happy? NO!

therefore, in order to be happy (pure self-interest), we need a healthy environment with happy, healthy people....

so anything I do in my pursuit of happiness (self interest) which causes disease or misery (ABUSE) in the world in which I live, will cause ME a proportionate amount of disease and misery, yet the reason I was doing the thing which caused disease or misery was to be HAPPY, so it MUST BE A MISTAKE....

there is no blame for a mistake!

therefore there are no reasonable grounds for blame (and consequent revenge!), only RESPONSIBILITY!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

every single thing that we feel and think and experience comes from within ourselves - not outside of ourselves. so we think somebody makes us happy. or we think an experience or situation makes us sad or mad. none of these things are true. nothing outside of our own selves can make us feel anything. it is all a projection that comes from within.

we as a society do not yet understand these concepts so when something happens to us that we do not like we are very quick to blame everything and anything outside of ourselves for it happening. having no idea the experience is coming from within us.. and is only a projection.

once we as a society understand that we are the only and ultimate creators of our reality there will never be the need to forgive or seek revenge, neither of these concepts will exist - because people will be 100% accountable and responsible for every single thing that is projected out as "their life".

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join