It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Observe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Ever since I can remember, I have observed people. "That isn't weird" you say...no it isn't...but the amount of time I spend simply observing people is amazing...I often get the feeling that people feel "weirded out" when I just watch as they go about whatever it is they are doing...and I've never met anyone else who exhibits the same traits, it seems people are so wrapped up in their daily lives, the here and now, that they don't take the time to move outside of themselves and simply observe the world around them...it's quite odd really, I practically lose myself, like I'm daydreaming, and just watch what they do, how they do it, how they act, the expression on their face, their mood, thoughts, and their general state of mind...it goes on and on, I observe and examine every little thing about them...I used to do it a lot more when I was a kid...but I still do it fairly often...does anyone else do this? Also, it isn't only when I'm watching someone, I carefully observe people during conversations or any situation really...

My long periods of observation have also led me to acquire a deep understanding of the human psyche, perhaps even better than most psychiatrists. I can usually tell exactly how a person is feeling and what general thoughts are going through their head. I've found that the majority of people are extremely predictable, simply because "society" tells them exactly how to be and how to think. I'm not often surprised by a situation or new studies that suggest blah blah blah...those things seemed plainly obvious to me all along, and practically didn't need proof in my eyes. My deep understanding of the human mind also makes it extremely easy for me to mess with peoples heads...it is for the same reason I am often seen as the leader, whether consciously or subconsciously, of any group I may take part in - I know how to deal with people, any people. While I have listed a few advantages of my observations, there are also various disadvantages to having such insight...I'll leave it there for the moment, and see what sort of responses I get...

[edit on 26/2/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

of all the smilies available, this apathetic and rarely used smilie interestingly is the one I use to best describe what the majority of People are - intellectually and consciously.

I too observe, but not just people, but animals too.

This smilie, at this point, represents what the first smilie posted above is now doing after I mentioned the secondary task of animal observation included with that of People - a concept slightly above their heads, that makes them tired and out of breath with their efforts to actually fathom what I just implicated.

This is now that same, original smilie expressing complete intellectual confusion caused by the last statement I just made. At this point the smilie's ability to acurately retain any explanation I try to give to them is unattainable because their thought process is overwhelmed with an excess of computational variables that aren't disclosing an answer, thus it's stuck in an orbital transition that will wind itself down in the next couple of days - unresolved and filed under 'mystery' in their minds.

Usually, this behavior is accompanied with the comment,"What do you mean by that?".

After I have taken my leave without wasting my time trying to explain myself to them, knowing it would be a lost cause, this is what they usually end up behaving like, usually for about an hour.

This is the state of mind they immediately return to after that most horrible of hours... completely uneducated and blissfully ignorant.

I too observe, pleasure to make your acquaintance.

My abilities extend themselves to understand the current emotions of any given person in my vicinity, the impulses of intelligent animals, to the point of understanding them via emotional intent.

Like you've mentioned above, most people are creatures of habitual ritual and rote and conditioning. They are primal, with little interest in what's outside the box.

People are for the most part too weak to block out the frequencies that control them... perhaps an aluminum foil hat would be what's best for them... would be interesting to see if any intelligence reappears once that device is deployed and in place.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Unless you interact with the people you watch, you cannot know what is going through their heads or the feelings they are experiencing, only THINK you know.

And to say others don't take the time to "move outside themselves" is a little ironic as you don't either. You "lose yourself" and you are "daydreaming" while you spectate.

To say you have aquired a "deep understanding of the human psyche, perhaps even better than most psychiatrists" is wrong in my opinion. Although psychiatrists are good at listening and observing, they also interact with the people they meet and have some kind of contact with which to base their opinions. Sounds like you don't.

I suggest you rethink your stance with regard to what you think you know and maybe talk to some of those you observe. I think you'll be surprised at how wrong you could be with your perceptions and at how interesting it can be to talk to complete strangers. You may even make some new friends that otherwise would have been "subjects". And don't mistake being seen as a leader, for being a focus of attention through your aloofness.

Good luck, and I'd be interested to know what you think about what I think, seeing as you cannot observe me.

Cheers.

[edit on 26/2/2010 by nerbot]

[edit on 26/2/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Unless you interact with the people you watch, you cannot know what is going through their heads or the feelings they are experiencing, only THINK you know.
Yes...well since I am a human being, I've been interacting with people my whole life. My understanding is based upon exactly what people do, including what they say. I wouldn't be stating I have a deep understanding of the human psyche if I didn't interact with a lot of the people I observe....and I don't need to interact with half the people I observe because watching two people converse and interact is equally useful. My understanding of the human mind is confirmed by my interactions with people every day.

And to say others don't take the time to "move outside themselves" is a little ironic as you don't either. You "lose yourself" and you are "daydreaming" while you spectate.
I stated it was similar to "daydreaming", as in a zone out, or rather, zone in, on whatever I'm observing, lost in my own little world of rapidly changing thoughts with no end to their obscurity...

To say you have aquired a "deep understanding of the human psyche, perhaps even better than most psychiatrists" is wrong in my opinion. Although psychiatrists are good at listening and observing, they also interact with the people they meet and have some kind of contact with which to base their opinions. Sounds like you don't.
Well, obviously you've been mistaken, because I have no lack of human interaction. Also, I've met not one psychiatrist who I couldn't read like a book...they have a primitive understanding of consciousness and the human mind...I wont go into it, but the structure of the entire profession and their practices needs an overhaul...but then again, what doesn't need an overhaul nowadays...

And don't mistake being seen as a leader, for being a focus of attention through your aloofness.
Oh...I'm not mistaking anything my friend...nor am I trying to prove anything...so just believe me or not, but I'm not a fool, my knowledge has substance and truth.

Good luck, and I'd be interested to know what you think about what I think, seeing as you cannot observe me.
What I think of you? Well...you'd rather call me a fool, where my claims are total misinterpretations produced by my "aloofnes", rather than simply believe I obverse people and the world around me a lot, thus, I have a greater understanding in the area of the human psyche compared to the majority of people. That's all I'm going to say, but I want to ask why you find this so hard to believe and rejected it in such a close-minded manner?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
What I think of you? Well...you'd rather call me a fool,

I think that shows exactly what I was talking about don't you?

If I would rather call you a fool....why didn't I, or why didn't I give a sarcatstic reply instead?

Maybe because I believe that what you have talked about is not a bad thing, I was commenting on what you said and the viewpoint you conveyed, that's all, and it was your attitude towards yourself that I feel was a little omnipident. We all have the "talents" you speak of do a degree.

I also agree that the psychiatric business needs a good overhaul but that is only a treatment for the symptoms of life imo and the real root of the trouble should be addressed way before any psychiatrist is involved which is why I questioned your observation stance in favour of an interactive one where you could actually shape the world for the better instead of just watch it pass by.

I believe too many psychiatrists have been taught from books and originally enter the profession due to a need to understand themselves and their own problems. Unfortunately, this leads to a position of egotistical superiority and ultimately..ignorance. We need people who can share ways of getting to grips with getting on with life, not analysing it to death so it becomes a mathematical equasion. Time is the healer and filling it with more thinking about peoples problems just makes a long road longer imo. Simplicity is key, but a lot of psychiatrists are paid by the hour so dragging things out is in their interest.

I'm not here to pi** you off, I find this subject interesting. I want to add a different perspective if I can, sorry if I was maybe too personal.

I'd rather be a devil's advocate than an opponent.

I'll add what I can here and hopefully we can still discuss this to reveal a few more truths eh.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
What i dont understand why you are using your time trying to "Debunk" him somehow..

I fully Understand what he is talking about, some people or most of the People out there arent even fit to understand.

My self have 2 or 3 years ago experienced with "stuff" and eventually gotten out this Boring Bubble of "Life" and people like CHA0S is simply trying to help or even find anyone out there, with the same thinking, and just think about how the world would be if WE UNDERSTOOD each other with Feelings, rather than Being the ones that are # scared of unconventional stuff and OFTEN MISUNDERSTAND , and standing on the side saying utterly #, is the ones that i wish will go away in 2012 ( My Opinion )

nerbot and your ignorance is the biggest reason, me as a child would ask my mom to Move me to another Planet.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I just have a bag of wrenches. When I see the wheels grinding I just toss one in. If that doesnt work I drink my own urine right in front of them.

Wrenches

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

My deep understanding of the human mind also makes it extremely easy for me to mess with peoples heads...it is for the same reason I am often seen as the leader, whether consciously or subconsciously, of any group I may take part in - I know how to deal with people, any people. While I have listed a few advantages of my observations, there are also various disadvantages to having such insight...I'll leave it there for the moment, and see what sort of responses I get...

Sort of like a dog wizzing on a post. You are afflicted with classic narcissism. A mamas boy maybe? Probably make the waiter take the food back several times in one sitting. You are often seen as a leader most often in your own mind. People just avoid you becouse fist fighting is out of vogue these days.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

You are afflicted with classic narcissism. A mamas boy maybe? Probably make the waiter take the food back several times in one sitting.
I might be a mamas boy if I didn't live a couple of hundred kilometers away from her. I've never once in my life asked a waiter to take my food back (except in one case where there were insects in my food). I'm an Aussie, I live out in a rural area on the south Coast.

You are often seen as a leader most often in your own mind. People just avoid you becouse fist fighting is out of vogue these days.
Jesus christ...I think you people are misunderstanding...when I speak of a "group", I mean an activity where team work needs to happen and there needs to be a manager/team leader. Leader/manager positions are my types of jobs, but they bore me because they aren't challenging enough, and quite frankly, I'm becoming tired of dealing with, and observing people...furthermore, none of my friends run around avoiding me, where are you getting your info?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Classic denial.

Seriously though do you find it easy to submit to someone that plays the game better? Is that what its all about...submission?

Try standing in one place without moving whiel wrenches are being tossed at you. I mean if you find all else below you capacity.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Classic denial.

Seriously though do you find it easy to submit to someone that plays the game better? Is that what its all about...submission?

Try standing in one place without moving whiel wrenches are being tossed at you. I mean if you find all else below you capacity.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

There is nothing wrong observing people. As a matter of fact I think people should take time out to do so. You see very quickly how humans wear their hearts on their sleeves.

When I do interact with people I find there is a slight adavantage being a casual observer. I find it easier to read into voice inflection, tonal quality, eye contact, hand movements and facial expressions. Yes, I feel a little bit more advantageous when interacting with others.

However, never ever would I use it to my advantage to exploit another human being or be manipulative. That's just plain wrong.

And yes, when I worked, I did rise to the top generally quickly. My observation skills taught me empathy and humility. Something you seem to lack.

Glad your so full of yourself. How do you get through doors with that huge head of yours?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Hah, well your post started off well, and I agree, people should take the time to just stop and observe the world around them every now and then...however, you ended on a bad note, and I'm not sure why everyone is reacting so harshly when all I was trying to do was just describe something I thought worth discussing, but I didn't really want to discuss it because I suspected people might react this way...I'm not "full of myself" ok, as so many of you don't hesitate to suggest...if you're done flaming, can you just please move along, because some constructive input at this point would be welcome.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Classic denial.
Classic labeling.

Hmmm? Submission? Do you care to elaborate...because I'm not following...maybe I need some sleep...but it doesn't really seem to have anything to do with the subject at hand...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

reply to post by brilab45

Hah, well your post started off well, and I agree, people should take the time to just stop and observe the world around them every now and then...however, you ended on a bad note, and I'm not sure why everyone is reacting so harshly when all I was trying to do was just describe something I thought worth discussing, but I didn't really want to discuss it because I suspected people might react this way...I'm not "full of myself" ok, as so many of you don't hesitate to suggest...if you're done flaming, can you just please move along, because some constructive input at this point would be welcome.

Belive it or not I was giving constructive criticism. I apologize for the flame (just could not resist).

Looking down on others is no way to go about dealing with people.

Again, when I worked, I maintained a high level of retention and got respect for those that chose to work with me. Even though they were employees, I found them as equals until proven otherwise. No man is an island and I depended on "my" (I really don't like ownership terms) employees to help me make my living. I worked dilligently to ensure the happiness of those around me.

Yes, I could read their body language and generally be right about my assumptions. But with careful guidance you can take weakest link and elevate them to be productive people and give them the ability to see themselves from an objective viewpoint.

OP, your post did come off a little pompous. Adding a little water is all I intended.

Take it as you will. See you around.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

It is good to observe, for one can learn alot just by daily observance. That 'affliction' would be more commonly known as curiousity. And that was what drove mankind's progress.

Curiousity is a natural trait in mankind. All humans have it. But it takes widom to deciper and find rational answers and explanations to what you saw.

Some use knowledge gain from books, which are recorded solutions to our ancestors' observations through human history, in rational and logical manner, more comprehensible based upon reality, which is what our 5 senses will always dictate.

Anything else that cannot be explained, our ancestors did not throw away, but attempted to use rational hypothesis to explain till a reality based explanation can be found. Sophisticated guesswork, as the best term for it.

Another form of knowledge is to experience it yourself. Basic example:- A child will not know the danger of fire till he puts his finger into the flame, and thus learn what fire is - its heat and its properties.

As for your perception that you claimed for a higher level of conciousness, I will not discount it, for I do know of others whom had experiences such as you have. Only you alone live your life and answer to yourself and your beliefs.

However, unfortunately, my rather personal and insignificant view of your abilities is that you still lack maturity for such insights.

For evidence, just look at your own responses and may you see what I saw - you claimed 'people are predictable', of knowing ' what people think', etc, etc, and yet, you still needed to defend and explain yourself.

If I had such ability as you have, I would have no need to rebut,, let alone defend, for I would have already known what is in their mind, and their responses even before they post.

There is no magic. The only true and real magic in such abilities as you claim lays in how developed your critical analyzing faculties are.

And such knowledge do not appear out of the blue, but only through specialized wide spectrum education, interactions with a WIDE range of others, and most critical of all, life's experiences-which no book can ever tell you the full details until you live it out yourself - to know pain, to know love, to know joy, to know sorrow, to know success, to know failure - the frailities of mankind, and the courage and will to get up and move on with each experience, not be bogged down.

Only then can you truly know and understand what another thinks and feel.

I wish you good luck with your abilities, and may you develope it further through study, cultivation and experiences, not for ego, but for a greater good that goes beyond egoistical centred self and may it touched lives, even if it just one in your lifetime. You would have done a noble deed, for such deed would be inspirational and exponential.

Cheers.:-)

[edit on 26-2-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
OP , I feel the same way bro! In almost everywhere you explained!!

I know what you mean about being able to tell somewhats thoughts and how predictable most people are. I tend to disagree that I know the thoughts, but I feel I can see the intention of most people and I see it way before they act on it. Often I am some what about the action that comes from the intention.

Sometimes when I just glance at people to see "whats up" I often make direct eye contact with them. Its almost like they knew my attention was being directed towards them. I also see that people can "feel" that I just saw their intent and sometimes they get lost back in there own train of thought, as if they are questioning themselves. Do you ever get this?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

As for your perception that you claimed for a higher level of conciousness
Huh? Where did I state anything about a higher level of consciousness?

your abilities
Abilities now?

If I had such ability as you have
And what "abilities" do I have...I said nothing of such things...if you observed people long enough you'd probably gain similar insight...it's like anything, if you put enough time into studying it, you become an expert.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

OP , I feel the same way bro! In almost everywhere you explained!!
Interesting, at least there are some others who do this.

I tend to disagree that I know the thoughts, but I feel I can see the intention of most people and I see it way before they act on it. Often I am some what about the action that comes from the intention.
Yeah, you're spot on with those statements, and I don't know exactly what they're thinking, but based on my observations, I can get a pretty reliable idea of their general frame of mind...and as you said, this allows me to see intention and motive, and what the person is likely to do next...

[edit on 27/2/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

..if you observed people long enough you'd probably gain similar insight...it's like anything, if you put enough time into studying it, you become an expert.

Do you consider yourself an expert in people observation then?

You admit to spending a lot of time observing but EVERYONE does.

And 'insights" can only be confirmed as knowledge if you follow up those observations with interaction that allows you to confirm your thoughts as true or false. Otherwise, they're just imagination and possibilities with no actual reality.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing you and I think you DO interact with friends, relatives etc...but you can watch strangers and think your thoughts associated to them until the cows come home but without involving those people in the equation it's just a personal game that provides an energy source from an enigma that may be convincing you of something that comes with no conformation.

People are fun to watch and I've spent many happy times alone or with others just watching the world go by, but it's a game and nothing more. To fix such a strong sense of "knowing" to it and attatch fact to those unknown expressions, actions and reactions is pure fantasy.

People can sometimes be read like books, like you said about the psychiatrist, but it would be foolish not to remember that some books are pure fiction and that what the world shows us and the way people behave is often just a mask.

To really understand a person, one has to ask the right questions, and that can't be done from a distance.

Good luck observing my friend. Have fun.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join