It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Mentally challenged' posting on Alien ATS forums

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

G'day NightVision

I applaud you for establishing this thread.

Without meaning to sound in any way presumptuous.....

I believe I know what triggered your thoughts & I share your concerns.

I am going to offer some comments based on direct & recent observation of a very obvious (perhaps even extreme) example of this:

If members cater to & agree to member content that is obviously "disturbed", we could reinforce the person's erronous beliefs & exacurbate the person's illness.

If members challenge or even abuse such a member (I watched this happen just a few hours ago), we could cause the person significant distress which could also exacurbate the person's illness.

All in all, I don't think ATS is a positive environment for such ill persons, unless their activities on ATS are being closely monitored on their side of things.

With that said, I have no idea how we could the expect the mods or management of ATS to try to manage such a thing.

I confirm again.....I am refering to 1 or 2 extreme examples of this. I am not taking a broad sweep across the ATS membership.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Let me tell you something about his phenomena.

I have listened to a Terence Mckenna video a while back where he talks about the alien abduction cases etc...

Unlike most ufologists Terence takes a diffrent stance on things, a quite novel and unieque stance in my opinion.

Terence Mckenna studied shamanism for over 25 years and has taken many psychedelic drugs, it has given him insite into the mind of humans and to diffrent anomolies happening at this moment. For example he has had many encounters with the so called "aliens" and he always encounters them when tripping on '___' or ayahuasca (which has '___' like compounds in it).

synopsis:

Aliens, UFO's and many other things are evolutionairy devolpments that keep human kind in place. They destroy our ways of thinking and make us wary of science. It does this simply because we have let our minds think scientificly and this made us separate with other earth. She has her own ways to bring us back.

I strongly suggest people listen to his talk, and although you maybe will find his voice weird the first time you hear it, you will like it the more you listen. Terence is VERY smart and in my opinion up there in the catagory of geniuses. Although sadly he is no longer with us, he remains in our memory's.

Full talk on what is happening at this moment:

Google Video Link

[edit on 26-2-2010 by colloredbrothers]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Remember this thread from last week - 45 PAGES!

Shocking: New Zealand and Australia are out of their place on the map:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We are getting dumber and dumber within a few years. If this rate is constant or exponential we are no longer able to "think" simple logic. "Spirit of Time" - END.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
I'm having a hard time believing what I'm reading.
Why stop at banning the mentally ill from this site? How about those who have trouble with the English language? How about the people who can't spell very well? How about the ones who never learned any grammatical structure? Maybe it would be a good idea to impose a certain IQ score as requirement for members of this site?

If a poster's post bothers you-----don't read it! Simple as that!
I'm disappointed in the lack of tolerance for others here. If everyone was exactly the same, this would be a boring site...as well as a boring world.

G'day virraszto

I think you'll find the op is refering to an extreme case that is the cause of genuine concern on my part.

I promise you.....

It's not a lack of tolerance.....

Rather, it's genuine concern for someone.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Me and you don't get along that swell, but that doesn't stop me from applauding a good thread.
How do you handle dealing with a crazy person?
I mean...when it is obvious you landed on a poster who is "nuts", what do you say?
I'm dumb enough to argue the subject, as if the mentally ill will agree to being "'sane", but that don't work...and usually ends up "disturbing".
I'm just glad someone made a thread pointing to the issue of "crazy folk" here.

G'day Mr Mask

Now..... you know that I respect & enjoy your ability to write well & express yourself in a strong, animated & interesting manner, even when I'm disagreeing with the points you are making.

However, I recently saw you be very rude to someone, regarding whom I have some concerns.

Who knows how they could have reacted to your strong expression?

Someone like me who receives a strong reply from you just rolls up their sleeves & says "great....let's get into it!".

Someone that is disturbed could take it very badly.

I've done the same thing.....

It's a worry.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

What do you make out the blog G.H.REES (GROUP OF HELLENIC RE-ESTABLISHMENT? I think it was posted here on ATS in some thread some time ago and i decided to read a few posts.

Urgent signal of National and Planetary Security by the Prytaneum of G.H.REES GROUP OF HELLENIC RE-ESTABLISHMENT to the Hellene Officers of Privates of the 3 Weapons, of the Hellenic Police, and of the Hellenic Secret Service, and to the Goverments, Officers of the 3 Weapons, Police Departments, and Security Services, of all States, through the Hellenic Webpages, and through the Embassies of those States, especially of China and the Islamic nations of the “R.I.C.” axis (Russia – Islam – China) or “Shanghai Pact”.
hellenandchaos.blogspot.com...

To me the author does not make any sense at all but could it be some sort of encrypted message about our reality that we normal people can not see/experience ? I think its tricky to dismiss everything that does not make sense as 'mentally challenged'. The same author can be a contributor to arxiv.org... in astrophysics, math or nuclear theory that does not "make any sense" either.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by rhines]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I agree that some absolutely outlandish claims are made with little or no proof on this forum. Some are outright astounding, posted no doubt by deranged individuals.

I have had 2 experiences w. physical after effects, none of which can be proven conclusively on this board. But to keep things brief, in meditation/dreams the signal I receive from what I perceive to be "extra-dimensional" entities looks much like a 'waving star' in the sky. In other words, a star that is making an obtuse "U" shape in the sky, amongst other stationary stars. I realized later that this waving motion works very well to get my attention as it is an alarming pattern break from an avg. night sky. This motion could be likened to them 'beeping' me, much the way a pager would, to initiate contact.

Source

Pot calls kettle black. Just sayin.'

[edit on 26-2-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
In my opinion and without exception every single adult person on this planet has some level of dysfunction and they manifest in so many ways that they are probably numberless. Examples of what I am talking about are disorders that are difficult to narrow down like mood disorders, social anxiety disorders to the more obvious like insomnia, tourettes and pyromania.

I for instance once suffered terribly debilitating post traumatic disorder with flashbacks, insomnia and unpredictable self loathing/self destruction actions in relation to serving my country (spits) in Bosnia in the 90’s - don’t ask, I will say no more on that.

It would be understandable for someone to then assume that because I have undergone some psychological trauma in my life that my belief that we are being visited by aliens or that the world is ruled by reptilians or that there might be alien bases on the moon – so on and on on- that I am thus a leaf being blown by the winds of psychological damage. This would be a mistake because I have been a UFO nut since childhood long before I became psychologically and socially indoctrinated to conform to rules set out by others before my time.

I also think I was abducted/visited as a very young child = I am a wackjob?

In spending years and lots of money on fixing the trauma I sustained in the 90’s in the army I have been left with only residual effects fortunately but like an air balloon being squished inside a fist, this disorder has altered and now manifests itself completely differently as a compulsive disorder (which I channel to my benefit).

I am not trying to steer this thread in my direction, I am giving an example of damage we all have to some extent.

Some might drown under the weight and others learn to use it to their advantage and others simply learn to accept it but sadly we live within a shared society that judges the non conformists based on the most shallowest and flimsy of evidence, and thus too many deem it appropriate and even acceptable to lay the storm of ridicule down on someone because they come across as too far outside what is considered by social indoctrination as the norm.

Every single person on this planet lives their own reality to the end and though they think they share it with their loved ones and everyone else around them, really their reality is of their own making and is shared with no person except the opposite that looks back from beyond the mirror.

I knew a man many years ago who had survived being shot in the head and he thought it funny that he could walk around with a can of coke buried inside his skull while others around him recoiled in horror and disgust (myself included). He is crazy and a wacko for doing this or just living a different reality because he founds something funny that had had others retching?

Another man I knew owned a photo album of all the dead bodies he had ever shoved into body bags and he used to survey this album with a wistful, distant smile like you or I would survey an album of holiday snaps – different reality and sense of perspective.

We all have damage my friends and I think it more delusional to think there is no damage. Remember it can be huge or small but it is still there in some form.

If someone on ATS posts something that is crazy and outlandish and so wild that it cannot possibly be true then I will always choose to reject acting in ways that so many others find so easy to do and just jump on them with a mind to ridicule, urging psychological help or anything else that might be misconstrued as belittling.

What right has anyone to decide such personal things just because what someone has posted sits so far outside the norm? How does this give licence to flame, insult and point at with a virtual sneer? Is it because polite (subjective term) society and the indoctrination from childhood to adulthood forces us all to play an impersonal and cynical game we never created. Ego forces us to deny this all the time but for me I believe this to be fact.

What makes ATS such a melting pot of opinion, conjecture and debate is that so many people think so laterally but sadly more and more they are assumed to be in danger of losing the plot. However who are you or I to judge those that come up with a new theory on the reptilian or a feeling that they have alien DNA? Even in disagreement these “crazies” still deserve respect not because it is part of the T&C but because they like you have feelings that no one has a right to stamp on under the guise of urging that they seek professional help.

All you have are the words of the so called “wackos” and without a back story and an in-depth case study you are as much a part of the problem as the person posting proof of reptilian baby devourers and all you do by urging they seek help or call laugh at them is to feed their delusion by conforming to the norm that is they expect ridicule and you give it = result that conforms to their expectations regarding how they perceive their peers.

Am I a tree hugger moon child hypocrite that espouses that everyone should love each other? No I am just a man who respects all opinion even that which leaves me perplexed and scratching my head because we all come here for our own reasons and as long as we are not here looking to scam others then what is it to you or I that someone’s delusion is making you uncomfortable?

Much of what many members say make me uncomfortable every single day I log in but I would not attack them for it because I respect that we all have a right to be say whatever we wish as long as it remains within the rules of a private board.

Those I do not respect are those that forget that the world does not revolve around them or that their every word is seen as the light, waited for with bated breath. People such as that exist only to be fodder to the ignore feature as I come here to debate, not to feel empathy for a member under attack by an unsavoury ego driven mind. I call it as I see it but in calling it I am aware that I am not here to attack anyone and I am not here to be attacked either.

My personal philosophy is to do onto others what you would wish done to yourself and it is a cliché but I follow it and it works because I take no enjoyment from making someone feel small or being rude to someone without just cause. Sure I might return a glare or launch into a heated tirade if someone offloads their negative energy onto me but I will never instigate because though I am a loner I am careful not to hurt another even if I can hurt them easily.

As I see it there is enough misery and self serving scum in the world that I refuse to sink to the level of a judgmental, egotist with a superiority complex because in the end even when you “slam that wack for talking slap” you are only really gaining a hollow victory and to me hollow in such a context is a representation of something that is empty, a shell, serving no purpose other than to stamp on the spirit of someone who may or may not be weaker than you.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Much as I sympathise with the OP, if you start excluding people and their stories or sticking "perceived" nutters into a different zone, then who controls the "excluders?"

You just end up with another conspiracy theory and oppressive system as any process like that is open to abuse.

Maybe what's needed is a "vote to elevate this thread" flag similar to the star and flag system, so that those threads that have meat in them can be filtered into a different area. That way you end up with a cleaner result set based on value as identified by members.

The "we don't like your sort, so we're sticking you in a ghetto" method resulted in badness when it was carried out large scale the last time, although the method is still used to this day.

I speak as a smoker

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Attention: Spoil Sports

The crazy claims and over the edge members keeps it fun

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think I understand what you mean. There have been many instances of what I would consider to be absolutely insane theories suggested and supported by persons who seem gleefuly ignorant of the limitations of reality , and certainly incapable of providing solid arguments for thier respective cases.
They prefer to rant on in the secret languages and codes they have worked out for themselves. One particular example would be the Galactic Light Federation weirdos. Lets face it people , its bogus, its BS and its a waste of bandwidth, but never the less, some one will inevitably post up some old twaddle based on a bad shot from a deep space camera to back thier claims up, and others dont even go that far! How many of us have seen the threads with the almost deliberately aggravating titles "Aliens told me they gave birth to mankind" or some equaly random nonsense?
Dont get me wrong, if the Galactic Light Federation or what ever could be proven by reasoned research , clear pictures, and all the proofs we attatch to everything else in our lives, then no worries! Post up ! Lets see your ironclad evidence in all its insane glory! If someone were to come forward and say, "aliens are talking to me by hacking my brain, heres my MRI , CAT scans ,blah blah", to prove it, then no worries! Thats awesome ! But till then, surely its all just meaningless , pointless, wasteful twaddle, that we all ought to be ashamed we accidentaly associate with ?

[edit on 26-2-2010 by TrueBrit]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

I have to both agree and disagree with you in some regards.

I consider myself alien Agnostic, meaning I've never seen proof, but open to the possibility.

I see "aliens" as nothing more than pure propaganda based lies.

Aliens, the Boogeyman, and Creatures That Go Bump In the Night

Personally, I see the entire genre from Area 51 to alien spotting as a sham.

It is not those people who believe in something like this fallacy's fault.

I see the Government up to no good in many regards on this topic.

One of many corporations working their dirty bag of tricks is Destron Fearing.

Quote from : Destron Fearing

Destron Fearing is a global leader in innovative animal identification.

With presence in over 40 countries worldwide we seek to provide real world ID solutions to match the ever increasing complexity and opportunities related to animal identification.

Since 1945 we have provided innovative products addressing the needs of livestock producers, companion animal owners, horse owners, wildlife managers and government agencies.

Destron Fearing provides a full complement of radio frequency identification products and software solutions to automate the collection of critical livestock production and carcass information.

Individual and herd information can then be easily transferred between all parties involved in the production and retail of meat products. Information sharing allows the food industry to meet the discriminating demands of the market place.

It is a massive project, going through many orgniazations, corporations, and elements of our Government, here in America, and the world.

This to me is both directly linked to the Nazis and to our conquering during WWII.

Here are a many books I could cite as references :

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8646c65fe86a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e4bfb49c8733.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/640c46c7ca7b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fde2420c0914.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1afc200448dc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f75932d4680a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c9c27969530.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ebb93f8315e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b270a571015b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b78e053de133.jpg[/atsimg]

You will notice that not one of those books are about "aliens".

Those are the political outlines of all of my thoughts on the agenda behind the scenes.

I can as well cite and show books about "aliens" but I thought I'd start there.

This is purely for one thing and one thing only, the cashless society.

And those bastards in power will do anything and everything, to gain power.

Including but not limited to, faking "aliens", "False-Flag Terrorism", and stirring up those they see as easily manipulated, the "U.F.O. Community".

It's to push this agenda, clearly, to make it easier to sell the product.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d0ab0bbc547.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3417e314bf3.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c34c85c0afb7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79d097d8e3ab.jpg[/atsimg]

The above is the fully integrated machinations, hidden in plain sight, right now.

The underlying intent is all of the laws it encompases and bypasses.

Our Constitution, the public's wishes for safety and security, and bypassing both of those to push an agenda, and force us to accept digital slave collars.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8aaa65ce678a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3217db5a4826.jpg[/atsimg]

It's all about making this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/338cc3d8b0fa.jpg[/atsimg]

...equal to this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ffca78a58992.jpg[/atsimg]

...and this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c49045f0b3d.jpg[/atsimg]

...equal to this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35a9105bad2f.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 26-2-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
A very delicate topic indeed. As has been pointed out, a board dedicated to conspiracies and the paranormal is, by definition, going to attract paranoid and/or delusional people. These "personalty disorders" run on a continuum from "healthy skepticism" to "dangerously delusional." It behooves us then to be aware that what one says here may trigger an unpredictable reaction. No, we shouldn't ban people simply because they rant and rave, but we must not deliberately set them off, either. When possible, we can try to inform or educate someone who has simply formed a wrong impression, as frequently happens in the UFO forum. Once it becomes obvious that the poster is incapable or unwilling to change their mind, however, it is best to let the thread die rather than resort to abuse. It would also make sense to confront obvious hoaxers. It's one thing to present information naively, being convinced of its authenticity. It is another matter to consciously fabricate with the intent to deceive or manipulate. (You know who you are.) Remember, the "ignore" button is always on option. The hypothetical case hanging over this board is this: What if there were strong reason to believe that a dangerously unstable poster were planning to take "concrete action?" Blowing up a shopping mall full of "Reptilians," for example. Do we have any obligation to prevent them from acting out, and if so, what form should it take?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

I agree that some absolutely outlandish claims are made with little or no proof on this forum. Some are outright astounding, posted no doubt by deranged individuals.

Source

Pot calls kettle black. Just sayin.'

Like most of your reactionary posts, you are referencing subject matter based on your inability to accurately comprehend this thread. I don't ask people to believe me. U are comparing a person (me) who's said they've had 1 or 2 strange experiences to someone who claims that legless, armless aliens are coming thru his body on a constant basis, derails threads, ignores requests for data, posts literally hundreds of pictures of TV static and speaks in tongues. To even the compare the two is comedy. I do get a laugh out of you, though. Nice try.

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Me and you don't get along that swell, but that doesn't stop me from applauding a good thread.

Thank you Mask. Whether we agree or disagree on a topic, it's good to see that you give a thread a fair shake. Perhaps we have more in common than previously thought.

Originally posted by zaiger
So yeah the good UFO threads are always interesting but ATS would not be the same without the people that think Dragonflies are CIA drones and that their mailman is a shapeshifting lizard time travler.

Zaiger, I like you more and more each day.

I'm having a hard time believing what I'm reading.
Why stop at banning the mentally ill from this site? How about those who have trouble with the English language? How about the people who can't spell very well?

You are comparing the mentally ill to those w. bad grammar. You ever seen the movie PCU? I strongly suggest a rental.

I'm disappointed in the lack of tolerance for others here. If everyone was exactly the same, this would be a boring site...

In your world, Mark David Chapman would've been able to kill John Lennon and then sent off to Club Med instead of prison...in the name of tolerance.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by NightVision]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

You are comparing the mentally ill to those w. bad grammar. You ever seen the movie PCU? I strongly suggest a rental.

I'm disappointed in the lack of tolerance for others here. If everyone was exactly the same, this would be a boring site...

In your world, Mark David Chapman would've been able to kill John Lennon and then sent off to Club Med instead of prison...in the name of tolerance.

They never seem to see it in themselves, do they? The irony is almost too much to bear.

[edit on 2/26/10 by MrDesolate]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I haven't sifted through this thread but I have read you OP *SNIP*

Anyone is entitled to write anything they want as long as it pertains to the right forum. ATS is open for everyone and its threads like these that really get my goat, if you (personal) don't like it then don't read it its as simple as that.

What you think is irrelevan or silly another member might find intriguing and fascinating. I have approached many many off the wall topics, and I receive alot of positive feedback from many members. So I would like to end by saying this.

If you don't like it don't read it

Mod-Note: Insult Removed

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
I haven't sifted through this thread but I have read you OP and you sir are a baboon, respectfully.

Anyone is entitled to write anything they want as long as it pertains to the right forum. ATS is open for everyone and its threads like these that really get my goat, if you (personal) don't like it then don't read it its as simple as that.

What you think is irrelevan or silly another member might find intriguing and fascinating. I have approached many many off the wall topics, and I receive alot of positive feedback from many members. So I would like to end by saying this.

G'day franspeakfree

I'm not in the habit of defending NightVision.....he's tough enough that he doesn't need me.

However, the catalyst for this thread came about from genuine concern for a member, regarding whom I also share that concern.

I promise.....

It's not about intolerance.....

It's about genuinely being worried about someone.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well just remember Jeff Weise
www.abovetopsecret.com...

He was a little off and posted here. He went on to kill 9 people and himself. Im not saying everyone who is off is going to do this but it does happen.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I haven't sifted through this thread...

You should probably edit/erase everything in your post w. the exception of the above text...

...but I have read you OP and you sir are a baboon, respectfully.

Name-calling/insults are a violation of the T&C's on this forum.

Anyone is entitled to write anything they want as long as it pertains to the right forum.

Incorrect. People have been post banned for insulting other members and hoaxing. You may be next...

ATS is open for everyone and its threads like these that really get my goat, if you (personal) don't like it then don't read it its as simple as that.

By your own admission, you haven't read it. Therefore you are ignorant of this thread and its contents. Simple as that.

Thank you. I now have one more ATS'r to add to the ignore list.

Hint: you may want to see the HOAX forum under the 'Greer' thread. I'll accept your apology later...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The powers that be here at ATS could design a Avatar for known cranks. Something alone the line of a Believe-O-Meter. The more often someone is taken to task, the Avatar gets replaced with a higher level avatar.

Our charge, as staff, is to monitor posts to ensure they are:
a) in the right forums
b) within the terms and conditions

It's up to the members to decide their own Believe-O-Meter...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join