It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Mentally challenged' posting on Alien ATS forums

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cdesignmaster

Do you believe that could work --- in reverse ?

For example, those whom some of us might suspect are 'geography challenged' could very well downgrade (via avatar) all those who've attempted to prove to them that Australia and New Zealand haven't 'plate hopped' across the globe

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
In the following thread I outlined the problem and solution:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

as mods say attack the post not the poster. There are hundreds of different kinds of mental illnesses and disorders that effect both intelligence and perception.. and there are hundreds of mental illnesses that do not create delusions. If we wanted to discriminate against one kind of "mentally challenged" person we'd have to discriminate against all of them and also against those posting under the influence. The ends result is about three people posting and ATS becoming a virtual ghost town.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by riley]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I'm having a hard time believing what I'm reading.
Why stop at banning the mentally ill from this site? How about those who have trouble with the English language? How about the people who can't spell very well? How about the ones who never learned any grammatical structure? Maybe it would be a good idea to impose a certain IQ score as requirement for members of this site?

If a poster's post bothers you-----don't read it! Simple as that!
I'm disappointed in the lack of tolerance for others here. If everyone was exactly the same, this would be a boring site...as well as a boring world.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by higns07

"The real distinction is between those who adapt their purposes to reality and those who seek to mold reality in the light of their purposes." -Henry Kissinger

Source

Understand this man has been an influence on US politics for the past half century. Is it possible that what you perceive as reality has been molded by the people in power?

We are taught at a young age that in order to be normal we must "know" that there are certain truths. But think of it this way. The one who is colorblind with a red-green deficiency. They find it hard to distinguish between dark red and green colors, but not if one is light and one is dark in nature. Some even see them as being yellow or orange. But if you asked most they could easily tell you the color that is seen by most.

The idea here is that, how can someone having a wild imagination be called derogatory names and be told to seek medical attention? E.g., the movie Martian Child, is a prime example. Accept people for who they are, not who you want them to be.

Back to the Kissinger side. If we all had vivid imaginations as the one who sees an umbrella on the ground as a flying UFO, wouldn't it be hard to control the masses? Isn't that the ultimate endgame for these people in power, control?

well;
i think the distortion of truth is bad;
and if i believed something to be true that really wasnt;
i would want someone to tell me what is real;

as to the kissinger side; having people believe in lies and not question the "facts" is their endgame;
believing in lies and being creative with goals; are 2 different things

I have tolerance for people that are less evolved than me;
and I try to teach them and help them

the distortion of reality is what got this planet into the mess that it is in right now

[edit on 25-2-2010 by DjSharperimage]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Whether or not the OP is right, we really do not allow the singling out of members.

Lets all remember here at ATS:

Courtesy Is Mandatory (Please Review This Link)

When members are rude, they not only discourage those whom they intend to hurt, but offend everyone who reads their rude posts, and make the discussion environment less pleasant for everyone.

To engage in stimulating, topical discussion we must minimize the disruption caused by off-topic digressions, and insults or other forms of personal commentary are always off-topic.

Thus the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use require us to be civil:

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

This is not a request, this is a requirement for membership.

If there is issue with posts that may go against ATS Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please Review This Link), then please contact staff using the ATS Complaint / Suggestion form ( Please Use This Link).

Thread closed, pending staff review.

Thread back open. Please abide by ATS T&C and do not single members out. Thank you.

[edit on February 25th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

I doubt there are many mentally challenged people posting on ATS. Sure, there might be some members that suffer from light autism like Asperger syndrome. But most mentally challenged people just aren't coherent enough to post.

Mentally ill ATS members on the other hand are probably more common than one might think. A mentally ill person could perpetrate a hoax sure but they could just as well be suffering from a psychosis which leaves them incapable of telling what is real and what is not. Threads like the one you linked to should be closed I think.

The worst thing we can do for obviously delusional members is foster their delusions. I see this time and time again. There are posts that actually guides people in borderline delusional thinking. That sort of thing just doesn't belong on ATS where deny ignorance is supposed to be the motto.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
ah so the thread is back up. Like i said i know 4chan has been comming in but ATS has always had the whack jobs which is part of the reason why this site is fun. So yeah the good UFO threads are always interesting but ATS would not be the same without the people that think Dragonflies are CIA drones and that their mailman is a shapeshifting lizard time travler.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Me and you don't get along that swell, but that doesn't stop me from applauding a good thread.

How do you handle dealing with a crazy person?

I mean...when it is obvious you landed on a poster who is "nuts", what do you say?

I'm dumb enough to argue the subject, as if the mentally ill will agree to being "'sane", but that don't work...and usually ends up "disturbing".

I'm just glad someone made a thread pointing to the issue of "crazy folk" here.

S&F

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
ATS, and the conspiracy movement in general, is like a river bed. It is mostly full of muck and grime. However, hidden in that muck and grime is a few gold nuggets. The goal of any reader of ATS is to sift though that much and grime and find the gold nuggets!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The threads that really annoy me are kind of the opposite to the example you give, the ones where someone says "ok all you mentally challenged people try and prove to me that UFO's and aliens exist, cause you can't".

I imagine though that whatever the author's suffer from it is similar in both cases.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I'm with the OP on this one.... I think some of you are dismissing most of what he is saying, and the truth behind it. Some of you are twisting it completely.

Now, I'm going to put myself on the line here, and be completely honest..

Many people come across this site, while desperately searching for information on either UFO's, aliens or some other weird or outrageous conspiracy theory. I know I did... Now, I can understand how someone with undiagnosed 'Paranoid schizophrenia' (or something similar), might find themselves in their element here... it's like a little loony bin for us all. Think about it, how many members have stated that they can't talk to anyone about anything because people think they are crazy.

Let's face it...the likelihood that some members on here would have a slight mental disorder, is quite possible.. Many members have even admitted that they have been diagnosed with a mental disorder of some sort..

The OP is just stating what most others were thinking anyway.
I'm due for a psychiatric evaluation, I'll let you guys know....

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Let us break all this down into something we can really understand.30% of ATS members are nutters.20%just like making crap up just to get some attention.20% are just normal people intreasted in strange stuff.10% are really members of intelligence angencies.15% are geekey people who still live there parents and have not got a life.The last 5% is made up from a mixture of reporters and media workers looking for a good idea for a story.Which group do you fall into.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

In 'Gravity's Rainbow' the author treats the discussed phenomenon in one particular section, somewhat briefly worded. Pychon KNOWS the technology to read and control a mind is here, he stated it over 30 years ago. He mentioned it's soon to arrive. I won't tell the quote I am thinking of, suffice it to say that it is there. I am tired of giving it all away. You want it? Then read it. The writer understood that once the gates are opened to everyone being more or less aware of the technology, this will enable every mentally challenged person to step in to the limelight as though they are some genius/prophet turned sudden victim of what he saw or tried to expose. An ill person may be ill but at the same time just sane enough to see the opportunity to redeem himself....

He thought of most everything, Pynchon did. One, too, who is sound, may be turned to one who is 'cracked', as a means to suppress the technology from being revealed. It's a two way street, I guess.

I have been given 'discernment' as a reward for my struggles against the technology du jour. It is now a simple simple thing to have my ears discern someone as 'evil', despite that the whole world may be raving about them (palin, obama, all the jews I saw on CNN's exercise on why they are rammimg a smart grid with net registration/censorship AND a MILITARIZED NATIONAL GUARD-read-obama's 'civilian army- down our throats). This little 'wargame exercise' came out like clockwork last Saturday night 12 hours after I had struggled like mad to remember a thought that was flashing in, and then out, of my mind like it DID NOT NEED TO BE REMEMBERED, while responding to a 'what's the elite's next move?' thread. Since you mentioned 'God' in your post I simply had to take this risk. I believe the bastards had to spend their day taping. Chernoff et al....I taped it. A Talking death head and his minions.

It is really a gift that was handed to me, and the pain I endured was extreme in my knowledge, and subsequent frame up attempts. I really needed a spiritual lift, and God handed me razor sharp ears, and protects my mind by waking me before the electric shocks do damage (usually 4:20 AM CST in the CST zone). I don't know how many satellites carry the technology I am describing...I am mainly concerned with the different palettes that the different nations work with. Their 'touch', if you will. The best, foremost developers, Russian, behind the Germans, are not to be rivaled. I don't like the israeli touch at all.

But you are right...there is some merit here and there. Who is to say?

Those who can differentiate, basically. And of course, God.

Thanks

[edit on 26-2-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

Ummm, What?

I enjoyed your post, but I'm a bit lost as to what you are talking about.... From what I gather, you know of technology that reads and re-organizes out thoughts and you have tapped into it? Is that correct?
I'm lost, please explain....or link me to some info if possible..

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
At first glance i find the tread interesting, however when i think about it, it seems somehow wrong, I have had my share of strange encounters, but never felt the need or desire to report them, thing is with it, i could never prove in a million years that i have seen such things, and to be honest when ever i have tried to explain such things to friends and indeed family, i have been seen as a bit of a nutter.

So does that mean that if i did see something that would or could be considered big, in the eyes of the MSM, but i had no evidence, would that make me mad? Considering to that in my mind what i have seen or experienced was very real and true to me. I do understand what the OP is saying and do feel there are to many far fetched stories out there but i for one don't completely dismiss anything out right, there has to be something so blatantly stupid for me to simply say no what a load of hype. Having said that i would never say out right what i think, i might just hint at it.

There are also many stories with some pretty good evidence, but you will probably find most people shouting Fake or something along those lines which also makes it very difficult for someone to be heard, and i should think would or could make someone very paranoid in them selves, especially if they are convinced of what they saw, Just my thoughts on the OP.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Ok. So you are debating disorder. And a mod is answering. And i find all
this puzeling, since theres no Aliens no ufos or the kind in the thread.

So what do mods do when a topic is out of place. Move..

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

she said we can discuss so long as we stick to the T&Cs.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I agree completely, but there is nothing we can really do. Same when the kiddies are on holidays and just trolling.
But this is not just a problem for Alien forums either, it covers a wide range of the boards.

For person to claim things that are impossible and can easily be verified, but to dismiss any form of questioning on the subject and say the burden of proof lies with you it generally means one of three things.
They are mentally challenged,just plain stupid or they are just trolls sometimes all 3, and its a brave man that draws that line. Especially seeing as the T&C stops us from doing so.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by pazcat]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join