It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does it bother you that you believe some people will end up in Hell?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Life is what you make it. I think of hell the same way. I am a man of science and honestly religion,hell,heaven,etc have no place in my life. There are absolutely zero facts to back any of it up, so I cannot waste my time with it. I would love for there to be facts though. It would make life 1000 times more interesting for sure.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by A-E-I-Owned-You

you do realize that science isnt 100% fact as well

just saying

im not trying to say your answer is wrong but 100% of anything is never accurate

i get

science is there for great many reasons as is religion for some
its a balance i guess

[edit on 25-2-2010 by MurderCityDevil]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Hell does exist -here it is.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

If the world worked in such a vulgar way, it would be a sad thing. God does not slap people down for making free choices. How terrible it would be if God said "be free!" and then destroyed us for our choices. I assure you, as an olive tree bears olive fruits, the children of God bear the fruit of God. Where God sows, They also reap. Where they do not sow, They do turn of the soil. Our freedom is limited to the gifts of God. Theirs are the gifts and Theirs are the increase lest any man should boast.

From - en.wikipedia.org...
The synoptics go on to state that Jesus quoted the Book of Isaiah, stating that by hearing you shall hear but not understand, by seeing you shall see and not perceive, and that the people were hard of hearing, with closed eyes Isaiah 6:9-10. After this, the synoptics provide an explanation of the parable:
* The sower sows the word
* The seeds falling on the road represent those who hear the word but dismiss it straight away - the synoptics state that the wicked one (Matthew's wording)/Satan (Mark's wording) is what takes the word away
* The seeds falling on the rocks represent those who hear the word, but only accept it shallowly - the synoptics state that these sorts of people reject the word as soon as it causes them affliction or persecution
* The seeds falling on thorns represent those who hear the word, and take it to heart, but allow worldly concerns, such as money, to choke it.
* The seeds falling on good soil represents those who hear the word, and truly understand it, causing it to bear fruit.

And more so! - John 10:
7 Then said Joshua unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly.
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my [sheep], and am known of mine.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, [and] one shepherd.
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
19 There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.
20 And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?
21 Others said, These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?
22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.
23 And Joshua walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.
24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
25 Joshua answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

And again for effect! - Romans 9:
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these [are] not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
9 For this [is] the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
10 And not only [this]; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, [even] by our father Isaac;
11 (For [the children] being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14 What shall we say then? [Is there] unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then [it is] not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

So please, because understanding what you are and what you have been given goes much further towards freedom than declaring a false free will, read the entire chapters I quoted from. Even read the entire books I quoted from, but keep in mind what I am communicating and hopefully you will understand better than what is common to the false church.

Often this is quoted in response as though it is contrary to this understanding I am sharing with you;
John 3:
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

However, in context, it is only confirming my communication to you;
John:3
26 And they came unto John, and said unto him, Rabbi, he that was with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold, the same baptizeth, and all [men] come to him.
27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

Obviously a bit more difficult to understand. And this is why there is great confusion; Teachers who are not able to teach, the lost leading the blind and the blind leading the lost.

I say then, in this world of rotting fruit, search out the truly good fruit and flee the diseases of Void which are pride and chaos.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

And so does Karma

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
reply to post by A-E-I-Owned-You

you do realize that science isnt 100% fact as well

just saying

im not trying to say your answer is wrong but 100% of anything is never accurate

i get

science is there for great many reasons as is religion for some
its a balance i guess

[edit on 25-2-2010 by MurderCityDevil]

Oh for sure. I am just saying that facts mean more to me than stories. Science has facts, religion has old people and stories but no proof. Science adapts as new facts are made clear, but religion is as stagnate as it ever was.

I would rather live life pursuing facts and realities to cope with the human fear of life and death than cling to fairy tales of a magical place where all your dreams come true if you just follow these simple rules/guidelines.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by A-E-I-Owned-You]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The possibility that there is no hell bothers me. I believe in it because there has to be some kind of punishment for the evil doers in this world. I can't go through life believing that the likes of Hitler aren't burning right now.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

well in my opinion he is not burning, but he is no longer alive if that helps

think of all the people who are alive causing pain and destruction to others who just want happiness, that is the worst of all

and of things to come in future? who knows

the world is a crazy place, but its good to be alive

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
No Need to worry, it's just a Temporary Side Trip. The only thing Eternal is The Lord and The Absolute. As it says in The Bible, You have to go to Hell before you go to Heaven, (Oh and Steve Miller also used the same line).
Wikipedia: Yama, Lord of Justice, puts living beings after death for appropriate punishment, for example, in boiling oil. Even Mukti-yogyas (souls eligible for mukti or moksha, liberation), and Nitya-samsarins (forever transmigrating ones in Dvaita theology) can experience Naraka for expiation.[12] After the period of punishment is complete, they are reborn on earth[13] in human or animal bodies.[14] Therefore neither naraka nor svarga[15] are permanent abodes.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

This place is the edge of hell/void, just as it is the edge of heaven/life.

Consider that there is a Creator. Consider that They are beyond our comprehension. Consider that even Their garments are beyond our grasp. Consider that where we reside is in the glimmers of light and glory within the garments of the Creator. Our world forms around the Creator. We are either moving forward in progress toward our Creator, or we return to the dirt from which we came and the dirt returns to the void from which we all came. Just as a tree can be used for it's fruit, or it can be cut down for mulch, this world is a wilderness in which the Gardener works the soil and brings forth life where there once was only Void. Whether the process of returning to Void includes a "ritual" or "journey" that analogs the process of decomposing, I am not fully convinced, but then again, my eyes are set on my Creator and I have little interest in returning to the darkness which my Father has brought me out of.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hell, which is known to Christians as the place of eternal damnation, is not the correct translation as was intended by its native language. Created from the Hebrew word Sheol, it simply means pit or grave in which all good or bad was destined for. It then changed to Hades when it was converted to Greek in the NT. The religious folks were duped by their their puppet master priests and religious authorities who brainwashed them into the Hell fairy tale story, and the religious masses fell for it hook, line, and sinker because they are too ignorant to educate themselves of the true meaning in its native language. Religious folks and lack of education go hand-in-hand.

EDIT: Typo

[edit on 25-2-2010 by pplrnuts]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
I'm a Christian, but I personally do not believe in Hell because it seems like such a strong contradiction of God's mercy.

Hmmmm. How covnenient. (ala Church lady.)

I'm afraid you can't eat your cake and have it too. It is one of the paradoxes and tenants of faith. It's like religion without sin? There cannot be light without dark.

For me the idea of Hell negates the existence of a loving GOD. That mankind is like some supreme being science project. Like holding a magnifying glass to an ant hill.

You must subscribe to "new-age," roll-your-own Christian doctrine.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Let's not forget the many people who seem to strongly believe that there is a hell and we are already in it.

I can't go along with that idea myself, but then I have a real problem with the various 'hell' descriptions, none of which seem to jibe with each other.

The feeble poet in me seems to think that hell is the absence of all hope.

Abandon all hope yea who enter here.

I kinda think we are in hell, What happens between Birth, and Death?

Sorrow, pain, illness, loss, death, poverty, earthquakes, famine, floods, bugs, snakes, lions, tigers and bears, OH my.

And then there is joy.

Look at the beauty of this earthly paradise, or is it?

Did we fall from grace?

Did we choose earth over heaven?

Was it a choice?

Is it a test?

Did we think the grass was greener?

[edit on 012828p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 012828p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I'm afraid you can't eat your cake and have it too. It is one of the paradoxes and tenants of faith. It's like religion without sin? There cannot be light without dark.

Actually you can have your cake and eat it too, because Sheol the grave has been mistranslated.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

It's not that they would choose hell, it is that they are pride and the end result of pride is death through implosion. It's not that they would choose punishment, it is that they are chaos and the end result of chaos is death through explosion. Consider it cause and effect, or a natural cycle, rather than a lust for hell. Consider that every knee shall bow. This is not because they will be "forced to," but rather, it is because being exposed to Truth/Life causes a certain effect. For chaos, the bow/effect comes in the form of dissipation and then death. For pride, the bow/effect comes in the form of self-extirpation and then death. For the children of OrderCharity, the bow/effect of Truth is Life and the effect of Life is Truth.

Pride is the inverse of Order and the opposite of Charity.
Chaos is the inverse of Charity and the opposite of Order.

Those who understand Order, understand Charity. Those who understand Charity, understand Order.
These are the Sons of God, the Light and Salt of the world. They manifest OrderCharity in to this world for OrderCharity is in them.
Those who do not understand Charity, do not understand Order. Those who do not understand Order, do not understand Charity.
These are the Sons of Darkness, the animal-man whose end is with the dust of the earth. They return to the Void from where we, who are of this realm, were created from and Pride and Chaos is in them.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well you should ask yourself the question...why is there fire on this earth?
who created fire? or even the sun? why cant we touch fire, and why does it burn? as well as the suns heat alone.. God could've made the sun just a ball of light and energy, but he didnt...why is there heat? and why are there prisons in this world? when you commit a crime you have to face the consequences...these were all created by God as signs and a reminder that surely, you will be judged for your actions that you did in this life, and you are all responsible for everything you did..Because if god created us to just simply live life the way we want, only have fun, sin, and then die and hope for the best, then what a foolish purpose god created us for... he didn't create this earth and the universe in such precise detail for nothing..

are you telling me Hitler is going to heaven?
what about all the tyrants of the past? and all the pharaohs? what about the murderers? what about all those other people who have committed other kinds of crimes? Is it fair to live your life with a bad reputation of killing a large number of people?, or doing bad deeds, sinning, fornicating, denying god, live with arrogance and hatred etc... then die and expect to be forgiven? thats just silly..

In my religion, Hell is a means of gods anger and wrath, and heaven Is gods mercy. God is the most severe in punishing, but God is the most merciful and most forgiving. we cannot comprehend just how great his forgiveness and mercy is to his creation. He gave us so many chances in this life to save ourselves from a terrible ending..and thats why he sent prophets..to warn people of the day of judgment and the hereafter, a day about which there is no doubt..

God says in his holy scripture, in chapter 102

1. The mutual rivalry (for piling up of worldly things) diverts you,

2. Until you visit the graves (i.e. until you die).

3. Nay! You shall come to know!

4. Again nay! You shall come to know!

5. Nay! If you knew with a sure knowledge (the end result of piling up, you would not have been occupied yourselves in worldly things).

6. Verily, You shall see the blazing Fire (Hell)!

7. And again, you shall see it with certainty of sight!

8. Then on that Day you shall be asked about the delights
(you indulged in, in this world)!

So yup, this is just my belief, im not enforcing it on anyone else. Everyone is entitled to their own thinking and ways. The only thing I can say is, death is an absolute fact..not maybe, not some of you, not the poorest or richest of you, but ALL of you will taste the reality of death..something we all forget to remember and prepare for..until it comes to us without a warning or invitation..then and only then will you see the truth and reality of everything..

Peace

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
God allows you a choice. You choose. Simple as that.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
I'm a Christian, but I personally do not believe in Hell

Then your not a Christian.....sorry. Have not read all posts just started here and saw the flaw in your first statement.

You realize the KKK also chooses to pick and choose what out of the bible they believe.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Doesn't bother me any. Pure evil should have been put into the pit from the first time it came into God's eye. I think the only humans who go to hell are the ones who serve the beast

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
it brings me comfort to think people or actions i detest will experience actions i find fitting

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join