It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS website mentioned to me by FBI agent today...ON A TRAFFIC STOP![UPDATE]

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes
"close to Atlanta..." Sandy Springs? Hello fellow Atlantan

Just a little further west...lol

And yes, hello fellow ATLer

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Perhaps he was trying to get you to admit you have an account here,and he was waiting there specifically for your arrival. you never know, now that he knows you have an account here...you dont know to whom or where he'll be giving that information too. I understand that you are a proud member of this site(as am i)but be cautious to whom you give your info to.
i may be a bit paranoid,but i am very selective on who i give my private info to.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Just goes to prove that not all cops OR feds are bad. Their are still patriots in places of power. Remember John O'neil? Rest his soul.

BUT!

Just remember that with every patriotic "good" cop on ats, there is a MIB trailing him!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

It is nice to hear of good cops and agents. As I have often said, I pity the poor bugger that has to follow my life as Big Brother. How boring! The majority of cops and agents are -- gasp -- people that want to help in some way. UNLESS THEY DON'T! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! Seriously, though, most want "to protect and serve."

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Am stunned by the flags this thread has received

I also agree with others, why would the FBI guy mention ATS to you, do you appear to be one of those freaky paranoia guys who would go on ATS
?.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I enjoyed your little account. And it was complete in itself, especially since the guy evidentlyly wasn't wearing a black suit, shades and driving a black Suburban!!

Anyway, This place has got to be on every agency list, because of all of the "bad" words we say here have got to trigger a more intense looksee because the bot searches pull us up. Betcha they even have files on some characters.

On the pure intelligence side, he will probably get his ass chewed for saying that they sometimes find interesting things here.

This place is cutting edge even if some of us (very personal "us" there) are paranoid.

And, heck, having had a son-in-law in law enforcement for several years, I know you guys ain't all bad!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Frankidealist35

They call us extremists because we believe that the government is evil, and, that it's corrupt beyond belief, and because there are people among us who believe in conspiracy theories.

Now it is pure fiction that politicians are using law enforcement for their own agenda. It is pure fiction that every law enforcement officer, or intelligience officer, or military commander is out to get you!

It's not pure fiction at all. It's well known that law enforcement watches the net to gain information and intelligence about possible suspects. I have my own beliefs that law enforcement watches websites like these to get character profiles, much like I was talking about before. They don't do it for just the sake of coming here. You said that your friend said that they monitor this website. Why else would they do it but to monitor it for potential trouble makers?

I have police chief friends, FBI friends, I even have a good friend that sat in at UN meetings and Sr Staff meetings as an aid to Colin Powell. They are all very normal, very nice people with their own personal problems just like you and me. They do certain "jobs" and the rest of the time they barbeque and fight with their husbands and wives, and struggle to make their car payments.

That's good for you. It's nice to know someone on ATS has connections with people above.

You think my friend that did EOD for the Secret Service had any special connections when her Jeep got repossessed? You think my friend that worked in the basement of the Pentagon transcribing international calls got any special treatment when one of his 8 kids got sick, or his ex-wife sued for back child support?

They are people! Not nameless, faceless, evil alphabet agencies.

I just wanted to take the time to respond to this post because we should not forget the lessons of history. In Nazi Germany and in Fascist Italy it was not the government that was doing the spying but it was their very own neighbors. When we let neighbors spy on one another and we accept it we go down a very dangerous road. That's all I'm saying.

I know they're not all bad but the people in fascist Italy or Nazi Germany didn't really want to do it either, and, they were in the ranks but they had to do it because they were part of the government. It's not really different from us. These people who work for the government monitor these websites as part of their job. That's all I'm saying. It gives us the illusion of security when in reality they're the ones paranoid- not us. It's not a fiction. It's more of a fact.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It is nothing short of amazing just how good a memory he has, having seen your name on the members list. There is no telling how long THEY have been watching us all. Just as I was about to leave off my foil hat.
I guess I will keep wearing it a while longer.

I have been told many times that I was paranoid, but I don't think so. I know the difference between thinking people are out to get me and those who really are.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
That's very cool. I thought at first you were going to mention the military choppers flying over Athens, GA today. I checked out local websites to see if there was a manhunt or something. They were up there flying around when there was a manhunt here a few months ago.

Do you know anything about this, rcwj1975?
There were two. I saw one circle downtown Athens, and then it flew directly over me, but nothing in the news.

Nope...Athens Clark County is a busy county PD so I can see them asking for help from the Army Birds. Last time I was in Athens was for some training at the Athans POST Facility and that was in 2008....but no nothing exciting for me, just a car that turned out to be an agent of the famous FBI...

Brother I think that's exciting as hell! I wasn't trying to derail.
I had posted earlier yesterday on ATS where I referenced the song "Devil Came Down to Georgia"
in one of my posts.

Then when I saw the choppers over Athens and couldn't find an answer in the online news I thought about asking someone on ATS.

And here was this thread, on ATS, about an officer, who is also a member of ATS, and who spoke with an FBI agent about the ATS, and all of this happened in Georgia

It was an awful lot of Georgia On My ATS Mind is all

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I'm curious....what did visiting this resident scumbag have to do with ATS? Was the guy he was looking for a member, was this guy going to be questioned about something he may've said here?

I see the link betwee ATS and FBI....where's the link between "guy", Fed, and ATS??

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Ah...Mayretta!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by starsyren
I'm curious....what did visiting this resident scumbag have to do with ATS? Was the guy he was looking for a member, was this guy going to be questioned about something he may've said here?

I see the link betwee ATS and FBI....where's the link between "guy", Fed, and ATS??

Nothing...atleast that I know of. If the guy was a member I promise you, he is no longer. He isn't even allowed to own a computer...THAT should tell you what his crimes were....some figured it out...I'll give you another hint...he's registered...and it has NOTHING to do with him posting on ATS, if he ever has.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
it obviously wasn't a coincidence that he was waiting where he knew you'd be - always be suspicious of perpendicular occurrences- and now he has a real name to connect to your user name since you took the bait !

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

That's interesting. I remember reading a thread here earlier about the Fed killing an ATS member. Do you think that has anything to do with it?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I noticed a car parked in an area that appeared suspicious to me

As an American citizen who has been harrassed by one to many police officers for no apparent reason, I would like to bring the following to your attention.

According to the U.S. Supreme Court:

1) A police officer may only temporarily detain a potential suspect if the officer can articulate a reasonable suspicion that the person has committed a crime or is about to commit a crime. (commonly known as a Terry stop)

2) 'The police officer is not entitled to seize and search every person whom he sees on the street or of whom he makes inquiries. Before he places a hand on the person of a citizen in search of anything, he must have constitutionally adequate, reasonable grounds for doing so.'" - Sibron v. New York (1968) 392 U.S. 40, 64, 88 S.Ct. 1889, 1903, 20 L.Ed.2d 917.

3) "The Fourth Amendment requires that such a seizure be based on specific, objective facts indicating that society's legitimate interests require such action" - 443 U.S. 52 (1979).

4) “A detention is reasonable under the Fourth Amendment when the detaining officer can point to specific articulable facts that, considered in light of the totality of the circumstances, provide some objective manifestation that the person detained may be involved in criminal activity.” - People v. Souza (1994) 9 Cal.4th 224, 231.

5) For an investigative stop or detention to be valid, a police officer must have "reasonable suspicion" that: (1) criminal activity may be afoot and (2) the person to be detain is connected with that possible criminal activity. - Wardlow (2000) 528 U.S. 119; Ornelas (1996) 517 U.S. 690, 695-696; Sokolow (1989) 490 U.S. 1, 7-8; Bennett (1998) 17 Cal.4th 373, 386.)

In other words, something that "appears suspicious" to a police officer does not amount to reasonable, or probable cause.

As we the people are often told: "Ignorance of the law is no excuse"

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by skid

Ever hear of a casual encounter...which means I CAN ask for your ID and simple questions...and IF you decide to show I ID, your willingly talking to me. MY ARS was his car parked in an area I know shouldn't have any cars in it...WHY, because its provate property and that car didn't belong to the owner...not to mention burglaries are high in the area...that = ARS. So not only cn I conduct a terry stop on the car/driver, I can also treat it as a casual encounter...i.e. nothing wrong with finding out why he was where he was.....nice try though!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I do not know if this has been posted yet or not but here it is. You have to understand that ATS is a great intelligence gathering tool.

We have members that have actually investigated and broke stories and espionage cases.

One of those stories that was first on ATS was the one about the CISCO routers that had components from China use to spy on government agencies. Without ATS this could have went on much longer.

This is one of the reasons I visit this site, News breaks here first and it is just fascinating to read all of the theories out there on every subject.

If you were a Federal officer I am sure you would frequent this site as well to get some scoops, I know I would.

-Kdial1

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by newbreed
it obviously wasn't a coincidence that he was waiting where he knew you'd be - always be suspicious of perpendicular occurrences- and now he has a real name to connect to your user name since you took the bait !

But I also have his name, address, etc...so kind of pointless to aim for me..lol. Plus I have to call him either tomorrow or monday about the turd he talked too, so I will be sure to tell him about this thread...I am curious to see if he already knows.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't watching you."

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
nice thread, enjoyed reading all the comments

oh, and thank you for your service, most cops are good IMO and please be safe out there!!

and be safe people

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join